(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#450 8 years ago

My Road Show is a little bit different than most...
Some pinball history here, goes with this photo, perhaps for another time.

Roadshow_Heads.jpgRoadshow_Heads.jpg

1 month later
#470 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Ever since I moved mine from the garage to my furnished basement, I have been getting a lot of airballs of the white standup to the right of Bob's bunker. Game is leveled and angled correctly.
Am I right in thinking the foam behind the standup might need to be replaced?

When is the last time you replaced the rubber flipper rings? Don't use synthetic.

#473 8 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

BK, what's wrong with synthetic? I haven't heard anything bad, except the pair I had snapped much too early.

Different hardness consistency overall.
Position on the flipper as noted does make a difference.
Gum rubber on flippers when new helps prevent air balls. You can replace the foam if it's worn, but if the coil sleeves are "fresh", more air balls are natural.

3 weeks later
#483 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Anyone know if you can get the 10-tooth brass gear to fit the jaw motor? I have a motor from Radio Shark that someone posted was an exact replacement, but I can't seem to remove the brass gear from the old motor. Too bad it's not as simple as a set screw. Only other option appears to buy the motor w/brass gear from Marco for $60+shipping, wow. This motor was a few dollars.

Hobby shops online.
Remote control cars as well.
That is what collectors did before motors and full gear boxes were reproduced.
The final option is "rapid prototyping" the gear, but I would just end up buying a new proper motor.
My experience of cheap replacements is they do not always work out.
Nothing wrong with having a spare.

1 month later
#514 8 years ago

Simple, straightforward painting.
Nothing super fancy for myself.

IMG_20160227_234258_(resized).jpgIMG_20160227_234258_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#543 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

At what point in the game does Red fall asleep?

Game over.
Red - "Bye Bye Now".
(Game over music continues)

1 week later
#548 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ok so a sold a nos ted head a few years ago.. If anyone knows a person with it or a used one they can help save this game

The number of NOS parts to bring this game back is going to be very expensive.
Some are nearly unobtainable, based on visible damage, some existing parts cannot be reused.
Looks like this was in a fire and the playfield glass popped, and things kept right on going.

1 week later
#552 7 years ago

Red decided to have birth defects at Pin-A-Go-Go

20160513_185910_(resized).jpg20160513_185910_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#578 7 years ago

Quoted from NonStopSwagger:
Anybody know what goes in this spot in roadshow? Post of some sort? Mine is missing and my blade is off center.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Nothing is supposed to be there, but you are missing the clear plastic that should be mounted to the dozed blade.

A single metal mini rubber post mounts at that location with a washer and locknut on the underside of the playfield, if you are missing a T-nut with the hex post version.
It was added due to balls getting wedged in that area of the bulldozer blade, or at least that was the reported reason.
I have seen balls on other games that this did occur and caused jamming of the blade motor and cracked blade.
Some games simply were missing the part from factory.

My game actually has two, one on each side, but were factory drilled and T-nutted at the factory, but I own a sample game.
This is unnecessary due to the post on the left side before the entrance to Ted, I have not seen many others with two posts.
Most later playfields still had at least the right hole based on playfield production, but I cannot speak for how many actually got the post installed before the game shipped out to distributors and ultimately to operators because the game was in production when the problem was reported.
I don't remember it being reported on service bulletins either, as it was operator feedback direct to tech support at Williams.
It was considered a "quick fix".

Other variations on this game included extended clear plastic flanges at the top of the blade during prototyping, but were removed in favor of the standard rubber pads that were ultimately used to reduce ball momentum, avoid a broken blade, the fact aesthetically the plastic shield looked uglier than hell, it was an unnecessary requirement as balls jumping over the blade was rare, and the ball search including lifting the blade in the software.

This is now the traditional way most people know what the "bulldozer" blade looks like.

There are bit of history in every game turn in pinball.

42582057-origpic-9a9ff9_(resized).jpg42582057-origpic-9a9ff9_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#589 7 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Can anyone offer some advice on flipper alignment? I rebuilt my flippers and didn't take a picture of the alignment before I started. The flippers look reasonably where they should be but I can't help but notice I CAN'T MAKE A DAMN SHOT since I rebuilt them LOL. And the bunker in particular seems damn near impossible to hit right now.
Something isn't as it should be.
Would appreciate any advice as this play field doesn't have those little alignment holes I'm not really sure where it should be.
Thanks

Alignment of flippers should be performed with rubber rings on, so that the lower edges coincide with the inlane guides.
They should form a "straight parallel line".
I will explain why in a second.
The alignment holes are used as guides, usually with toothpicks in the roll pins, but are not "absolutes".
Exclusive alignment hole use versus the above method requires that the rubber flipper rings are OFF for best adjustment as per factory adjustment, but I prefer the previous method, as you do not need to make adjustments twice.

However, keep in mind when tightening the cranks that the full up position of the flippers is just as important as the rest position.
Before fully tightening, raise both flippers to the top of their limits to check the spacing and vertical angle alignment.
They should be mirror images of each other with an equal gap at the limits of stroke.
If they don't, readjust with a little push or pull, or there is a difference in plunger lengths (wrong type), if they are completely off and cannot be properly equalled.
You will understand when you see it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=xtheblackknightx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.