(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonyf1965.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#683 7 years ago

Just be glad it's reds with eye lid problem. If it was Ted it would be 3 times harder to get the head on and out.

IMG_20151113_125925048 (resized).jpgIMG_20151113_125925048 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#816 7 years ago

For the flashers in the back they only come on once in a while, during game play. Also I stuck with bulbs. LEDs to brite. Was like photo flash, to distracting.

9 months later
#1182 6 years ago

Does anyone know of the correct or updated rubber rings need for replacement on there road show? The manual has nothing listed.
Saw something on the titan site. Wanted to check to see if anyone else has ideas?

#1187 6 years ago

Switch 42 is the second switch in from the shooter lane or maybe the last one before shooter lane. The book list it 2 different ways ways.
Those are optos in the trough which sense the balls and feeds the shooter lane. First wipe off the ends of led optos with q tip.
I would next check the connectors to the boards, loose wires or connector. Then looking at the last to opto leds on both the boards.
See if they look fine and aren't bent slightly. Next step remove the boards and check solder connections.

2 months later
#1305 6 years ago

Yes, the color DMD. Is a great investment. Great mod for the money. They really improve an already great game. Plus it works in most of the Bally Williams games, you just have to load in software for that game. I have 4 of them. Popeye, roadshow, monster bash, white water.

1 month later
#1386 6 years ago

I would like to buy one also.

1 week later
#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I recently acquired a Williams Road Show pinball machine. One of the biggest complaints of the game is the red radio plastic mod located on the right hand side of the play field. The red radio is very boring and does not interact that much with the game. I decided to repaint the radio to a black and yellow scheme to match the theme of the game. I also installed 10 LEDS throughout the radio. The LEDS light when Talk Radio multi ball is reached and also when the ramps are accessed by the ball.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/03/11/mods-re-modding-of-the-williams-road-show-plastic-radio-mod-video/
Video Post :
» YouTube video

I will buy one of those radios. Sure looks great.

1 month later
#1441 5 years ago

Shaker motor can be turned off and on in the menu settings. Also low and high. On the adjustment for the sensors. I had to on mine. Crank the pot all the way up and down, many times. Over time the pot being set to same basic position. It gets slightly corroded. Pot not linear any more. This will clean the contacts. After that it will take a few tries in the test mode running ball past the Eddy sensor to get it dailed back in. You will need to tweak it back in. Reajust probably 3 times. Over a month.

#1442 5 years ago

If looking to replace that coin door. See my post about generic coin door. A few minor modifications and around 70 shipped you have a new door and bezel. With 2 coin slots.

#1450 5 years ago

It sure is a great game really fast. I really like it. Put a color DMD in mine.

#1451 5 years ago

That fish decal. Is called an fish decal overlay. I have seen them for sale. Try googling it. Can't remember but I saw a few places selling them.

#1452 5 years ago

Thought I would also mention. When adjusting the Eddy sensor pots. I think it is best. To use a plastic blade, like old school television service tool.

3 years later
#2662 2 years ago

Teds head is had to get out. Reds not to bad. Fun game I like it a lot too!

2 weeks later
#2683 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

I have a weird issue, the upper left flipper works fine in the flipper solenoid test, but it doesn't work when pressing the flipper button. Both optos on the left flipper switch seem to work fine and activate the the lower and middle flipper respectively. Seems like an issue with the fliptronics board?

I would say it is opto for flipper. I would try a washer to shim the the opto interrupter if that doesn’t help optos on the board is weak. If it is a white plastic interrupter. Get a black one.

1 month later
#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Just finished up a restore.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am liking your hard work. Road Show is an amazing game. So much to do and going on. Plus it has Godzilla in it.

12CD093F-61DE-4319-989A-759DB39BD2A2 (resized).jpeg12CD093F-61DE-4319-989A-759DB39BD2A2 (resized).jpegBC2301A6-CCEA-43AE-8864-B12EBB3CF3AB (resized).jpegBC2301A6-CCEA-43AE-8864-B12EBB3CF3AB (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#2723 2 years ago

It sure is a great underrated game. It is one of my favorite games. Fun and zany theme. I hear people say they buy pins based on theme only. If I see a game, say the mechs are cool and it is fun. It is a winner in my book. How do you folks describe the theme of this game?

A2DB0048-70D6-47FF-B348-9F99D8413D69 (resized).jpegA2DB0048-70D6-47FF-B348-9F99D8413D69 (resized).jpeg
#2728 2 years ago

Davi you do good work. I have your TZ light board. I really like the eye mod. Creepy too, but cool. Just take a bit to get used to it. Reminds me of movie west world. Yes, I would purchase the set.

3 weeks later
#2761 2 years ago

Also why should everyone’s machine look the same. I have done lots of different lighting themes on my games.

1 week later
#2774 2 years ago

Nice to see we are all dressing our machines up.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2788 2 years ago

Nice, I have not seen legs of 2
different colors. I have done several machines with one color theme on one side, GIs. Then another color theme on the the other side of GIs.

1 week later
#2831 2 years ago

That is the most important part.
Good question.

1 month later
#2965 2 years ago

Proud member of the Road Show family.

9943F387-A155-466E-AEE1-C7707AC113BB (resized).jpeg9943F387-A155-466E-AEE1-C7707AC113BB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2991 2 years ago
Quoted from MyParagon1979:

What’s supposed to be here? In the hole?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I am not near my machine. I think there is a post, and the orange sign.

#2999 2 years ago

I was having phone issues earlier. Sorry, I am not able to reply. Pic of left side. This is what my machine looks like.

3 weeks later
#3094 2 years ago

Mine came with wrong rubbers too!

1 month later
#3130 1 year ago

Pinball life sells switches with bracket and new decal. Or at least they used to. I replaced one a while back.

#3140 1 year ago

Well I can tell you do not buy anything from classic arcades on EBay. I got a translite from them, it looked liked shit. Just a blurry copy. The white was missing. Colors off. They only gave partial refund. I had to plead with eBay to get my money back. Bad experience!

#3141 1 year ago

I think ainek can not be any worse than classic arcades. I just ordered a translite from this person. Looks like reputation is good.

2 weeks later
#3179 1 year ago

I think my color DMDs are set on high resolution. More like cartoon.

#3185 1 year ago

I have a STNG. I think Color LED dmd. Would really look nice in that one. Both their displays are next level experience. It is expensive, yes. If you have more than one say B/W game. Get one, put color DMD in one game for a year and then swap it over to another game for a while. Same enjoyment, and you don’t have a few grand rapped up in color DMDs.

C8416EC8-FBC5-487B-8D72-4BDAB56BFFFC (resized).jpegC8416EC8-FBC5-487B-8D72-4BDAB56BFFFC (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3245 1 year ago

I replaced the eyelids. The bracket was tweaked and rubbed a little. Lots of new screws too.

2 months later
#3367 1 year ago

Xianek should contact him for something special.

#3381 1 year ago

Someone was making more real looking eyes on clear plastic also. They were even kind of scary. I have not heard anything about them for a long time.

2 months later
#3502 1 year ago

Yes, I would like one also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonyf1965.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=tonyf1965 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.