(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strangesubset1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1039 6 years ago

Just joined the club. Can't wait to get going. First thing was pulling the batteries. And of course, it was just on time, they had just started to leak.

20170830_233757 (resized).jpg20170830_233757 (resized).jpg

20170830_234140 (resized).jpg20170830_234140 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1050 6 years ago

Have my road show for about two weeks. Loving it. But, Red's jaw seems to be getting stuck in the open position. I checked the mechanism under the playfield and the gears seem to be fine. Motor as well. It seems like it gets stuck somehow in the open position and the motor does not have enough power to get over the resistance. I can manually push it over it by rotating the main gear wheel. It almost kicks over it. After that it will work fine again for a dozen games before it gets stuck again. Seems to be overturning on opening the jar. Could not find any adjustment screw or similar. Any body any idea?
Thanks

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I am willing to bet the gears are slipping. They may look okay, but the way the game detects open/closed mouth positions is by simply detecting a current spike when the motor maxes out its movement, this puts a lot of stress on the nylon gears and is why the are so typically worn out, it doesn't take much for them to round off slightly and then you get lazy jaw action.
It's almost always just the sector gear:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8470
But the motor gear can wear out too.

It is not slipping when closing. It literally gets stick in the open position. You need to push it over a jump (there is no hump, it just feels like it), but I guess I'll simply replace both to be sure. They are each less than shipping cost

4 months later
#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

My thoughts exactly. Want one badly for it, but for about 400, still unsure. Think I'm going to go with the Laseriffic Topper instead..

Go for the DMD. Totally worth it

20170830_233757 (resized).jpg20170830_233757 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Monkeyboy.... Lol. How do you like the colordmd? I'm thinking of picking one up for the first time.

I have one as well, best ever!

4 weeks later
#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is this for sale as a mod?

Please let it be!!!!

10 months later
#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderharley:

Hello, looking to join the club . Anybody have a roadshow for sale or know of one? Thanks Rick

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58367

Very nice example.

1 month later
#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from Juicerc51:

I am nearing the end of completely restoring the cabinet and used new decals. The blue sky on the decals is quite blue. The old color was more sky or lighter blue. I have new chrome legs for the cabinet. Should i powdercoat them or leave them chrome? If i powdercoat them do i match the blue on the new decal or go closer to the lighter blue i see in pictures online?
[quoted image]

I actually think this blue is very close to original. Mine is all original and it is a lot darker than a lot of the RS out there because it hasn't faded as much.

2 weeks later
#1601 5 years ago

Putting my RS back on the market. Really nice condition, with zero playfield wear.
I need to move it, so I am putting out a bit more aggressive price (considering the extras).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/75909-for-sale-road-show
I would be willing to ship if buyer organizes the shipping but would greatly prefer local. I deliver within greater LA area, and would potentially consider delivering as far as the Bay Area, Vegas, etc., for a reasonable fee.

1 month later
#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just joined the club last week. My game has a hole for a center post just below the "Shoot Again" insert. It's obviously factory since the artwork goes around it. Is this an early/sample playfield?
[quoted image]

LOL.....I was in the process of replying with "Mine had it too".....but then I did look at who posted the pic....LOL. Pretty obvious answer....
But I have to admit, made me curious. I have only seen 3 RS total (in person), and they all had that hole in the center. Is there any real info out there why some would have it and some not? Never heard about European games needing it.... but now that you guys mention it, I do seem to recall that every game I played as a kid and teen, did have a post there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.95
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strangesubset1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=strangesubset1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.