(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Any one else have the ball drain almost every time the bulldozer blade is hit? I have an issue with the ball going straight down the middle. I may need to level the play field, I have it a about a 6 1/2 degree tilt

It's a sucker shot...but shouldn't drain EVERY time. Maybe 1 in 10 will be sketchy.

1 week later
#117 10 years ago

Red just says "Extra Ball!"

5 months later
#176 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Here's a photo of the flasher cap mods MezelMods made. They look GREAT in person. The set on the right is final, the left side is an earlier prototype.
More info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-mods-by-mezelmods

IMG_2231.JPG 191 KB

Those look sweet! Got any pics of them installed?

2 weeks later
#187 9 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Very happy to say that I am now a member!
Took delivery at Expo and I've been playing a couple games every night since. I'm still amazed at how much stuff there is to do packed on this playfield.
From what I could tell reading the rules, you have to travel coast-to-coast three times before you get to the wizard mode, right?

No...there is no wizard mode for getting through ALL cities unfortunately. Each of the 3 west coast cities are a wizard mode of sorts, so to play them all in one game requires at least 3 trips from east to west. Good thing there are TONS of extra balls to be won.

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After I got done playing RS last night, I was left with the hopeful feeling that one day somebody will make a pin as good as this one in the future!
Come on Pat, take us back to the good old days with your next pin

Yes, jam packed game with great shots and a decent Ruleset. If it wasn't linear and had a final wizard mode after all cities it would be a 10 on rules. It's a solid 9 for me. I love this game.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Three west coast cities? Seattle, Los Angeles and ???
The "Super Payday" wizard mode is reached when you get to either of the west coast cities and complete their mode.

No SF? I haven't played in a while...I thought earthquake was LA, Aliens Seattle, Godzilla SF? I may be waaaay off. LOL!

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

It is linear in the sense that you start on east coast everyone and head west every time. BUT after you leave New York or Miami while you're next city is flashing you can change your destination. The cities are Orange, yellow, and white. Also the standup targets are orange, yellow and white. So when your next city is flashing and it's not where you want to go, just hit another color standup target. So yes it is linear but you can somewhat control your path!!

Yes, I know...but it would be MUCH better if you could travel to any city (except west coast). It's almost always NY to start and that's weak. Like 'stampede' in JP. I hate that mode because I play it EVERY game.

1 week later
#207 9 years ago

It's a shooters game I feel. To do well in the modes you have to hit the specific shots. It flows much better than TZ. It seems easy as extra balls are easy to get on stock settings, but getting ALL the cities is VERY tough to do. It is easy to make any game difficult though by opening outlanes, limiting extra balls, making it steeper, rule changes, etc...
Multiball is tough because Red is the super jackpot and it is a hard shot.

Shots feel awesome to me and it has huge longevity with 18 city modes, multiballs, and other mini tasks like bridge outs, flying rocks, the wheel, bobs bunker, etc... I've had it for around 3 years and it's not going anywhere soon. And guests FLOCK to it. It's on par with WOZ for best guest pleasing game in my house.

1 month later
#221 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

why?? with the exception of maybe the orange behind the sign, the color bleed into areas not colored like the LED are terrible.

Agreed. Original is better here tenfold. The light just is not even.

1 month later
#229 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I just joined the club! it got delivered today!!

Congrats! It's a fantastically underrated game! I love it!

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

When I first played it I didn't care for it..but after a while I noticed it has some cool features and a there's a lot of different stuff going on. and I agree its underrated. I sold a Monopoly to make room pretty much straight up. do you think that was a good trade? i know the answer to that may be a little bias here in the roadshow thread The wife doesn't think so she really liked the Monopoly..
she has played the RS and didn't care too much for it, I guess time will tell...
I'll post some pic's as I get it unraped

LOL!!!
Unraped? Hmmmm...are you taking a shower or something?

RS is ten times the game Monopoly is. 18 modes, multiball, flying rocks, souvenirs, spin the wheel awards, bridge out...this game has lots to do!

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Anybody got a pic of what the apron decals look like installed? I would much rather stick with silk screened, but starting to tear down my RS now. my original is flaking and bubbling bad. Hate to put this back in.

roadshowapronbubbling.PNG 989 KB

It's because it's rusted underneath...hopefully new RS aprons will be made soon. Most are like that.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Any updates for color dmd for roadshow? I thought it was supposed to be released in January? I am thinking of getting one for mine, looking for some reviews and opinions.

Yep...review is: it's FANTASTIC! Can't imagine it in orange anymore!

image.jpgimage.jpg

3 weeks later
#257 9 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Hey everybody, I bought my first pin in December (roadshow) and thought I'd make it official by joining the Pinside roadshow Club. My family absolutely loves the game and it did exactly what I would hope it would, be something to tighten up the family a little. We're very busy with the kids playing a lot of travel softball/baseball/football/basketball and the pin has become a little getaway for us to have some fun together. Anyhoo, the color DMD is arriving this week so I'll be back with pics. LOVE this game!

Welcome to the club...you picked an awesome first game! And the ColorDMD is amazing on tile mode in RS.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Well my arrival in the RS club was very successful. I ordered from an outstanding place called Got Pinball? http://www.gotpinball.com/
I must say that Randy was a real pleasure to deal with. I got a very fair price for Pin and shipping. Everything came EXACTLY as described. The shipping was done with exceptional care and fast. Included were extra keys, balls, rubbers, lights, new bolts and legs, casters, and corner protectors.
I cannot stress how happy I am with the whole experience with Got Pinball! I will definately look to buy from them again.
Here is how it looked delivered to my garage.

Here is after the main box was removed

Here is the pin all ready to go. 100% working and perfect.

Now to LED this baby up.
BTW I never played this game before I bought it. I was looking to start collecting all the SuperPins from W/B.
I am so glad I did as it really is a blast to play.

IMG_2047.JPG 163 KB

rs3.jpg 49 KB

rs1.jpg 73 KB

Get that colorDMD! Maybe the best thing you can add to it!

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Mine came today, on my way home to install!

Try all the modes, but I think Tile mode is the best for RS. Going to play now!

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Is the HD upscaling available for this yet and if so what's it like? I just joined the club 10 minutes ago and first order of business is to get a ColorDMD

Yes...I'm not a fan of the scan or hi res modes, but love the Tile mode.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Fixed it. One of the supports was bent. Adjusted and "knock on wood". No hangups.

Good to hear...now throw a colorDMD in that thing, set it to Tile mode, and enjoy that under-rated beauty.

1 week later
#294 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I joined the club yesterday!
It has a lot of problems but its flipping well.
I have a question about the multiball behavior.
You start multi ball and get a jackpot from teds mouth,
then you gotta hit reds mouth.
When i hit reds mouth she just says "ughhh how do you eat these things" and spits it back out.
no super jackpot.
am i missing something?
thanks

Yes, there is an eddy board in front of a Red that you need to adjust. Sounds like it's not working and there is no compensation with the switch in her mouth. You just have to hit her for the super, not get it in her mouth. There is a dial to adjust on the eddy board. With the game on, turn it clockwise until the LED turns on and then turn counterclockwise until it JUST turns off. Test that it registers with a ball. Play.

1 week later
#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Ok so I love my RS BUT...the outlane drains are really killing me. I moved the posts in to help but I just can't get a long game in...I'm an average player but RS just kills me...anyone else?

I've never heard this complaint...it's a fairly long ball time game.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

No this is what I am talking about

topper.jpg

That's not stock...cool topper, but not original. Not many have that one I'd guess. I have a traffic light on mine.

3 months later
#406 8 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

This is my Road Show pinball from spain(malaga)this's of my favorites pinballs pachine..
:D20140815_012948_LLS.jpg

I have RS sitting next to Flintstones too.

1 month later
#412 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Does anyone else's machine always default to Salt Shakers as the first souvenir? I have the updated rom, but playing this on Pinball Arcade, the rom they used seems to pick much more random ones...

Mine is always random.

1 month later
#421 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I've been enjoying the heck out of my table for a few months now. Does anyone else have issues with the ball getting stuck under blast zone flipper? On a few occasions, it has really got wedged in there between the bottom of the flipper when its up and the 2 rubber rings, the flipper stays at EOS and no matter how much you flip it wont come out...
Anyone else have this issue? Should I just deal with it when it happens, or is there a way to prevent it?

Never happened to me where it wouldn't fall out.

2 months later
#461 8 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

RS owners... I need help with getting balls in Red's mouth. Ive owned my RS for 15 years or more, and have only maybe twice shot a ball into Red's mouth. Her mouth opens all the way up, and she speaks with it fully open at times, but it is rarely when the ball is coming out of the lock for the shot to her mouth. How often during normal game play will you put a ball in her mouth?, as it seems from searching the forum here it happens frequently, just not on mine. I know I'm going to get a lot of funny comments on this subject , not sure how to keep this question on topic Is it a ROM issue or a sensor issue I wonder, test mode works perfect in everything to do with her.
Thanks,
JP

It is very rare...only seen it a few times over the years I've had it. Shots to her chin are obviously very frequent, but actually in the mouth is maybe a once a year occurrence.

6 months later
#558 7 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Does anyone have a spare Road Show Apron they want to sell? Any condition. Don't need the chrome bar that blocks the ball, just the apron and ball shooter covers for both sides. Anything will help restore my RS! Thanks, Mike PM me please.

Almost all original ones are rusted.

1 month later
#604 7 years ago

Sounds like about a $1000-$1200 machine to me...without pics, who knows?

#611 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

if all goes well I will be joining the club tomorrow morning. Found another one in much better shape.
I will be checking the following:
- Run tests on Ted and Red
- Check to make sure both eddy boards work (not sure how that test works, i assume you put a ball on the PF above it and see if it registers?)
- Check the shaker
- The usual stuff: Check the boards for hacks, no battery corrosion, no credit dot, etc.
Anything else you guys recommend?

Check for pf wear on the fish and main scoop.

1 month later
#638 7 years ago
Quoted from TaradinoC:

Has anyone used the replacement legs from Marco? There are two sets of blue legs, and I'm wondering which is a better match.
Bengal Blue: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19514-B
Candy Blue: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19514-CB

Neither of those.

1 week later
#658 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hey gang... this may sound nuts, but is there any tweak or guide that anyone knows of, to REALLY soften the shaker motor in this thing?
I also have an Earthshaker, as we all know, it uses the exact same shaker assy, and it doesn't put out nearly HALF the chaos that my RS does!
I have L-6, shaker IS set to "soft" and still, the vibration is so violent that it shakes shit off the walls at my neighbors house!! The sound of the PF glass vibrating drowns out the game sounds, and i'm worried that one day its going to shatter!! I'm totally not exaggerating, the violence actually turns the enhancement into a nuisance and huge distraction!
Luckily I don't have this game sitting on tile or concrete, the levelers would eventually jackhammer through the floor!!

You could move the shaker weights more towards the center of the rotation.

4 months later
#772 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Im trying to remember if he even opens the dozer. If you look up one of bowens totourials on youtube you will see what it should look like.

Yeah, I don't think the dozer moves then.

#776 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I still dont understand why people think funhouse is better tham road show. Maybe im just not old enough to have the nostalgia

Agree. RS is much better than FH. Most people can't get past the theme and music sadly.

4 weeks later
#804 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Started putting leds in my roadshow and noticed those extra lights in the back. They have bulbs in them but never light up. What is the point?

What lights are you referring to?

#825 7 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

i have seen some people comment that the difference between the normal and soft setting for the shaker is not noticeable, would you agree? the setting it is on now is insane, the ones i have played on location are not this violent.

It's still crazy on "soft". RS shakes like a mofo!! I bet you'll just have to unplug the shaker for your wife. Seriously. Shame, as it's awesome on the game.

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

What should I be expecting price wise for a very good condition Road show?

At least $2500 I'd say.

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

What about LCD vs led, any input there?

LCD is the way to go. You can't do dotsXL or any other mode except the standard tiny dots with the LED. dotsXL is the way to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.