(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hi
yes!! pinsound is great in RS
» YouTube video

There's no way anyone could go wrong with some Bad Moon Rising on a pinball.

6 months later
#898 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I will be taking out ted sometime this week to fix my eye centering issue. I can take pics and try to do some sort of guide to help people. Working on the heads really isn't that bad, it's just getting em out (especially Ted)

That'd be really helpful as my Ted has a lazy eyelids.

They work, but seem to drop slowly after an 'open', so in my eyes (pun intended) they're not working properly.

#904 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Centering flange is gone, or if it is there, the coil that controls the up/down on the eyelids is either mis-aligned, or heat stressed. Mine had the same problem.

Can you link me the part no. please?

I am capable of looking, but your experience will help avoid buying a multitude of unnecessary parts prior to opening Ted up...

Eyes work left & right, just Teds eyelids that seem lazy.

5 months later
#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from zuhi:

Dear Members! Good to be here too as owner!
A question!
Do someone know supplier for fresh dozer bumper rubbers? Even if its not yellow.

Found this, but currently no stock.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-RS1

http://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/contact_customers.php/products_id/966

3 weeks later
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, thanks for all the help so far. I got the Kahr board and even though I didn't need it, I plugged it in, everything has been working fine. Until tonight, when my son was playing I noticed the pop bumpers and the slingshots weren't firing, when just a few minutes earlier they were working fine for me. I went into tests and they all fire fine. I looked at all connections underneath play field, and also on top, checking all leaf switches. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Is it odd that just the slings and bumpers would stop working and the rest of the game would play fine?
What is my next course of action?

Check fuses?

2 weeks later
3 months later
#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Just joined! Now its weeks of teardown polish/clean/replace ahead for me. Clean cabinet, good playfield, just the typical fade. Whats up with these things fading? Little "helpers" already eager to pitch in.

Small world.

(Don’t panic, we’re not putting powerballs into Red’s mouth...)

E8BBA6DF-9A04-466A-9872-95060F46FAAC (resized).jpegE8BBA6DF-9A04-466A-9872-95060F46FAAC (resized).jpeg

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Monkeyboy.... Lol. How do you like the colordmd? I'm thinking of picking one up for the first time.

ColorDMD is a guilty pleasure. There’s not a single game I wouldn’t put one in. Roadshow in color is better than Roadshow without! £400 better? Not sure about that. But still way way better.

#1320 6 years ago

Here are mine, which a friend did for me as I have ZERO artistic abilities. Just a poor quality photo til I get them back home:

A6A2C284-32F7-48DA-932B-419C2E8BF41B (resized).jpegA6A2C284-32F7-48DA-932B-419C2E8BF41B (resized).jpeg

#1328 6 years ago

Hit a white target - selects the next top/white city. They are worth the least points.

Hit an orange target - selects the next bottom/orange city. They are worth more points.

Is that what you need Jeanclaudev ?

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeanclaudev:

So, if you continue to always only hit orange target, with this setting, you will go faster to the the west ?

Not faster necessarily, but you’ll take the most rewarding (points) path playing only the orange cities.

2 months later
#1421 6 years ago

About to LED Roadshow!

What have you used, or what would you choose to use:

Comet Sunlight White?

OR

Comet Warm White?

(both frosted dome 2SMD)

I've already put Sunlight Whites in the Inserts, but this is more of a GI & backbox question

Have enough of each colour, and used SunLights in TZ, but thinking RS is more of a 'sunny warm' game...

I don't like incandescent, sorry to any purists, so they're not on my shortlist.

cheers!

7 months later
#1544 5 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the RAL colour number for the blue legs???

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I used RAL 5015 Sky Blue on mine. It’s not an exact colour match but I was happy with the result

Cheers. Do you have any photos? Or original vs new comparisons?

5 months later
#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I have not heard of this patch. What does it fix and where can I
find this?

It’s literally 6 or 7 posts up!

8 months later
#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

No, unfortunately not. No idea where to get one...

Revised download is here, page 35:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/35#post-4995368

I'm waiting on a friend to burn me a copy, but sounds good to me.

Release notes in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/35#post-4989740

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I know that but no idea where to get a burned ROM replacement

Try asking ‘Paul’ on Pinball Info - I have asked him, he will do it for a site donation, not sure about postage though...

Probably easier options nearer to you though.

1 week later
#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Finally joined the club...found a really nice one that hasn't been all modded out. Now that I have one, you guys are going to be getting new ramps for this sometime this summer. [quoted image]

That’s great news! RS has been lacking a repro ramp for years.

Personal request - use stainless steel ramp flaps!

1 week later
#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

It was previewed in post 1680. The A one is closest to what it ended up with. You see this after 17 cities completed, when the adjustment is set to the full monty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/34#post-4923102

that video is set to 'private' for me....? Can't view.

However i have just managed to get a ROM burnt with your updates, so thanks in advance! Are you working on lots of others games, or just a choice few?

2 weeks later
#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Hi, has anyone mounted a playfield protector? I like to know which one has to most precise cut outs for RS. Thank you

The only type I’m aware of are from these guys:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

I have one waiting to be installed on RS, right after I finish putting TZ back together. TZ’s fitted very well.

4 months later
#2144 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Just installed some newly designed all new Cliffy Ramps for Road Show in stainless steel. He also redesigned the shooter lane Cliffy protector to more accurately fit the machine. Get em while they're hot...Passionforpinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

are these different from the Pinbits ramp flaps? I have a set of those waiting in the wings.

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Not sure what Pinbits is selling, I know they sell Cliffy's stuff and vice versa. Cliffy's are stainless though.

maybe it's the same thing... they are definitely stainless.

http://pinbits2.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_25&products_id=514

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

well hell. Thats embarrassing. I apologize to my friends at pinbits and will not make these ramp flaps. I don't know how I missed these on their site- I always check first as I don't want to step on their toes.

Don’t be too hasty! There are a LOT of items on the Pinbits shop that have been out of stock for a very long time. I’m sure they are lovely people and possibly close friends, but there’s no harm offering an alternative if one supplier won’t restock a product that is in demand.

3 months later
#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

A game dimming the GI but using LEDs (and no GIOCD board) looks like crap in my opinion so your preference doesn't feel like an option here. If the game didn't have dimming then sure, why not LED for GI.
I tried LEDs for GI in White water (a title with lots of dimming) and it looked horrible with weird strobing and whatnot.

It's easy to disable the GI dimming in settings if someone wants LEDs but can't be bothered doing it properly. No more flicker when GI dims, because it never will.

Either leave it incandescent OR use regular non-anti-ghosting LEDS with a GI OCD board. Anything in-between is a compromise. Same goes for inserts!

2 months later
#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from simonlindsay:

Hi,
I'm not sure if I have posted in the correct place - can't seem to find a 'New Post' link. Anyway, here goes. A while back (about 6 years) I replaced the coil on Ted's eyelids, put it all back together and turned on the machine - smoked appeared from behind Ted's head. I switched the machine off and left it off until a few weeks ago. I built up the courage to switch the machine back on. Everything works fine except Red and Ted's eyes and eyelids do not work at all. Previously, everything worked apart from Ted's lids. So, there must be a common issue - could it be a lead that feeds all six coils or maybe the transistors? I don't want to strip both heads out of the machine if it could be a simple fix or just to narrow down the issue. I'm not fully proficient in electronics. I do have the manual but unsure about the wiring diagrams and where to look first.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
Simon

It’s been switched off for the last 6yrs?? You have some restraint! I hope you changed or removed the 3x AA CPU batteries in the back box while it was sitting idle...

I’ve bought and sold 3 Roadshows in that time - and I want another!

Smoke is never good, and if it came from the head then chances are you have at least 1 problem there. Check the fuses in the back box by visually inspecting them first, then if nothing obvious try removing them and doing a continuity test. Maybe check the head cables connector underneath. The manual will tell you which transistor and fuses could be the culprit. Beyond that it’s going to be quite tricky... you may need to repair the boards.

Did you use the right coil, with diode?

Luckily it was my Red’s head, could’ve set fire to her hair

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I noticed my RS has two GI leds in different colours. The rest I believe is comet sunlight but one pictured has a red (behind upper flipper) and the other is orange (in the U Turn area) .
I guess who LEDed this before me was either being lazy or inventive?
Assuming all GI should be white?
Hey MonkeyboyPaul, was done after you had it I assume? (she's being well cared for btw)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I sold it fully incandescent (used the Comets I had in Fish Tales instead!), and all GI in Roadshow is standard bulbs, or whatever white LED you choose to use. I’d use Sunlight for everything on RS.

3 weeks later
#2433 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

As a Road Show fanboy I needed a Red & Ted T-shirt
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Brilliant.

You could do a weathered style version for all the cool kids, where the fish's face has a big streak worn through the middle of it.

1 year later
#3354 1 year ago

Did I read somewhere that new ramps were being made for RoadShow?? Ideally with stainless steel ramp flaps on 'em!
It may be in this thread, but I've been away from Pinside for a little while, sorry.

3 months later
#3537 1 year ago

Anyone use these boards from Pinbits on their RoadShow?

I bought 3 of them many years ago before I had a decent RoadShow machine to shop. 4 machines later and I'm only just getting around to fitting them now! The screw holes don't line up with the original boards, which is a bit dumb, but otherwise I'm going to give them a whirl.

Pinbits, ay... 'member them?

IMG_8264 (resized).JPGIMG_8264 (resized).JPG
#3540 1 year ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

I have one in the machine I recently bought, now I'm curious how it's mounted but out of town at the moment. I was surprised to see they are no longer made.

The Pinbits boards are a little bit longer, so 2 screws don't line up.

#3541 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

YEP, on both Road Show and Theatre of Magic. I wish they were still made.

I think this is the only equivalent in production.

https://www.tanglestech.com/TPP-1023

3 weeks later
#3586 1 year ago

Does anyone know the name or part number of this ramp switch bracket please? There's one on each ramp - both look to be identical.

Debating buying new replacements vs tumbling existing (which means putting a new plug on my tumbler...)

IMG_8372 (resized).JPGIMG_8372 (resized).JPGIMG_8373 (resized).JPGIMG_8373 (resized).JPG
#3588 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Mantis makes these in stainless steel as well if you want to go that route...https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-ramp-switch-bracket/

thanks! I absolutely would without thinking if the international postage didn’t hike the price up disproportionately for me…

4 months later
#3672 9 months ago

Anyone know where this purple cabled connector goes??

IMG_9440 (resized).jpegIMG_9440 (resized).jpegIMG_9441 (resized).jpegIMG_9441 (resized).jpeg
#3673 9 months ago

Ignore me! It’s the GI lamp directed at Ted’s face

4 weeks later
#3767 8 months ago

does anyone else with @soren's v7 ROM get this sound error on start-up?

IMG_9647 (resized).JPGIMG_9647 (resized).JPG
7 months later
#4061 39 days ago

Hi,
I am just shopping my TZ and I am trying to locate a slot machine plastic, 31-1765-22 as it is split in half. I live in the UK and can't find one anywhere. To have one sent from Europe or the US is absolutely stupidly expensive so I thought I would try here on Pinside. In addition, I need a left slingshot plastic for a Roadshow if anyone in the UK has one (I'm happy to pay for the pair). Many thanks, Simon

I might have these, but won’t be able to check til early next week - you may also find the pinballinfo forum better for U.K. requests like this.

#4063 38 days ago

Hi monkeyballpaul,
Thanks for looking. I joined pinballinfo forum years ago and forgot about it. To be fair, Pinside is very good with all the separate clubs and the massive wealth of experience, however, I will post on pinballinfo forum but it's going to cost me a tenner to join for one year, hope it's worth it. Maybe most of the members there, like you, are on Pinside.

it’s only a tenner to sell machines, keeps the time wasters and hopefully con artists away, but posting a request for parts should be free.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.