(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 10 years ago

Prices appear to have gone up a lot for this pin in the last two years, perhaps more than others. Those prices are speculative though, not sure what they are actually selling for...

I joined the club a year ago and cannot imagine a scenario in which leave the club. I love it.

I have a page in a pixar art book that's filled with just eyes that they used. That might make a nice source of replacement eye stickers if people want to make their own.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from slow1000rider03:

Its a color DMD in sigma. Pricy but hopefully they will do roadshow in full color eventually. This game as really good animations and lots of them. so I think it would be a great color DMD choice.

If they released a ColorDMD for roadshow I'd have to buy one without a doubt. I can't see putting one in just for Sigma. I guess I could change my tune if my DMD were dead...

3 weeks later
#95 10 years ago

It's important to clarify how you hit it. It's an enormous target, the size of three drops!

If I hit dead on the center of the three I'm very likely to drain SDTM. Hitting the left most one is more often forgiving, but the best shot for me is hitting the rightmost one from the left flipper such that the ball bounces toward the pops area. It rarely does feed into the pops, but often just hitting the post in that area is enough to prevent a SDTM drain.

Absolutely make sure you're level. No point in building up muscle memory for incorrect angles. Since I leveled my RS I find I miss everything, and Red is always easier to tell me so

1 week later
#107 10 years ago

Why do people get so hot and bothered when someone calls RS a sequel to Funhouse? It's so clearly the case. The layout similarities are so numerous. If someone made a Bride of Rudy retheme, I wouldn't want it but I bet many would...

11 months later
#329 9 years ago

In service mode in the dozer test: are your up/down opto switches working? Without the switches, even if the motor works, the fame will not know so (and will lose track of where the dozer blade is)

Quoted from Bishop:

The dozer part in mine doesn't open and close like it should during multiball. Yet when a ball gets stuck and the machine starts to check itself, there are no issues of it closing. Mine seems to stay up and very slowly comes down during multiball. Anyone else had this issue before?

#332 9 years ago

I had a very similar issue with my dozer blade for the longest time. I was able to get it working just by pulling the connector on the opto board and reseating it. When it dies again I'll just reflow the solder like I should have the first time

#334 9 years ago

Do the switches "up" and "down" update properly as the motor moves? That's what matters

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Bishop:

It doe move up and down but the timing is out.

Switches. Not the dozer moving but the switches (indicated by the boxes with X's in them) in the dozer test menu. If the boxes don't chsnge then your dozer switches (which allow the game software to determine where the dozer blade is, physically) aren't working.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Bishop and Mocean, my dozer is flaky too. Probably doesn't raise in multi all mode 1 in every 10 times. Sometimes I want things to completely fail so I can find the actual issue. 1 in 10 makes it next to impossible to trouble shoot.

That was my EXACT behavior. Last time I was under I checked everything on that board with a DMM and it tested okay. My wiggled the connector and reseated it and it's been working since. If it fails again I'll reflow the solder to the connector pins.

1 month later
#365 8 years ago

I was blown away when I saw that deal. Congrats. If you want to sell that colorDMD drop me a line

3 months later
#422 8 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

When shooting the left ramp, I'd say one out of every 4ish shots air-balls and gets rejected by the Bridge Out sign. Not only does this suck big time for combos and modes, but I'm sure that I'll smash the plastic to pieces soon enough. Anyone else have this problem ever?

Damn. I have this problem and I could swear I didn't used to have it. I'm at one in 10 or so, but that's on average so some games 20 shots and it won't happen, then two in a row. I can't figure out a way to fix it either. I didn't think it was an airball, but rather something about the way it's hitting the switch bracket?

#427 8 years ago

Thanks for the tip on that ramp, I'll investigate tonight.

Your LEDs look quit nice, but I would hate losing the GI fading effects.

1 month later
#448 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Was playing last night, and had a weird issue, randomly here and there the game didn't want to kick the ball out when it went into the blast zone hole to the start city hole, the game would start a ball search and it would kick out. Wasn't 100% of the time. What should I look at?

Check the switch in the blast zone

(Edit: beat me by 20 seconds!)

1 year later
#936 6 years ago

Red has developed a lazy jaw --her mouth always opens but doesn't always close. Any suggestions as to what I should check first?

Thanks!

4 months later
#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

They should. If the screw is lost under the playfield, it can also cause a short. I have dropped many screws underneath the playfield and they hide in wire assemblies, under light boards, in scoops and in other tricky places. If it made its way all the way to the cabinet bottom, you'll probably be okay.

This is why you should always use a telescopic magnet tool to clear all the old screws and washers and things out of the bottom of the cabinet --that way if something drops and you see a screw down there you know it's the one you just lost.

Also do as I say, not as I do...

1 month later
#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am having trouble checking transistors, with the board in place it is very difficult to get my leads on the contacts. Where in the manual will it say which transistor(s) are responsible for the pop bumpers and slings?

Second page of the PDF. See the column "drive xistor" with the Q values? Those correspond to values screened on the driver board

4 years later
#2993 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

There is an overlay, but most sources seem to be out of them atm. Google is your friend.

The overlay I've seen stops along the top edge the insert, which wouldn't help much here since the worst of it is below the insert.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 37.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=mocean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.