(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Sorry I’m late getting mympics up, here’s the legs and coin door
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are not the right color or finish.

2 months later
#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Little more than what mylar would protect. It's the shot coming in from the lower side flipper getting in there causing damage
[quoted image]

so in 25, mostly routed, years there is a hint of wear. this shows the cliffy is not needed.

2 weeks later
#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

soren I'm curious, if any other traces of Houlton are still in the code anywhere? It's small town in Northern Maine, and would have likely been the 3rd starting city, but it was dropped for some reason.

Houlton is just a misspelled Houston that was before Dallas was chosen. There's already 3 east coast cities. Seems simplest explanation is they considered the Houston then changed to the larger Dallas. If they wanted a third starting city it would have just been Atlanta as its already in the starting column, no real adjustments would be needed.

#1644 5 years ago

There is Miami and New York and?

those are the only 2 starting cities but atlanta is also in that column, if they wanted to to have a 3rd it would have been that one. No need to change anything physical in the machine. all boards for lighting would have been the same. If they used a small town in Maine they would have had to remove the atlanta art, and not cut that hole, and have the light board design changed to move that bulb up and move the 2 GI lights that are near there plus the moved PF hole. All for a small town no one ever heard of? Everything else is a major city (or ohio/Minn), including the misspelled Houston that would have been a minimal change. The only small place on the game is Butte. There's not a whole lot of options in that area, plus its a funny name. They likely used Houston early then added the edge lights to the country map which meant they needed to move that city slightly so it became Dallas.

#1647 5 years ago

Its weird but this works on Atlanta, and only Atlanta.

My thinking is it was Houlton because its pretty much the "end of the road" I.E. I-95 ends there before entering Canada. The other 2 east coast cities are southern and middle-ish areas of the map. Maine in the US map is grossly undersized for what it is to make room for the blast zone hot dog, but is all stuff that would have been tweaked while the software was being laid out.

sure its the end of the road but unless you from that area, anything north of NY is canada anyway

2 weeks later
#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Mine has that, too. I think the first run has these holes as it was planed to add a post there as far as I know. Maybe it would add something to the game placing a post there?

common on games destined for europe. They required it for a while. Was your game reimported? if not it was likely planned for export but then got moved to a USA game. You can see that it was installed at one point.

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

ClarkKent is in Austria, so that makes sense. I don't think my game is a re-import. The sticker on the back says 120v. It does have a new coin door, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

then maybe it just has an overrun export playfield in it.

#1677 5 years ago

Just switch covers. The standard parts places will have them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 63.95
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=marvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.