(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider largemouthass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1607 5 years ago

Having the option to randomize the starting city would be nice.

That being said I have no idea how I would update the software on this game. I think I have v4.

#1619 5 years ago

I am having problems with balls being stuck in the lock shot/spinner ramp. Happens maybe 1/3 of the time. The balls get freed when the game goes into the stuck ball mode but this takes time and often results in modes timing out. There is a lot of stuff on the playfield preventing me from diagnosing the problem. I did not see anything obvious on the underside of the playfield. Is this a common issue? Any ideas on where to start or how to resolve this?

#1621 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

First check this microswitch, this is responsible for ball detection above vertical upkicker coil:[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the info! I am a bit of a newb at this, could you circle the microswitch as I am not sure what to look for.

#1622 5 years ago

I am pretty sure the rollover switch is working properly since the points register, the screen says ball locked, I hear a release.... and no ball

#1626 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

First check this microswitch, this is responsible for ball detection above vertical upkicker coil:[quoted image][quoted image]

I checked the microswitches last night (assuming they are the rollover switches) and they all worked. I am thinking a stronger coil in the upkicker might do the trick? The upkicker kicks but the ball is getting stuck somewhere only to be released when the ball search mode begins. Any help is appreciated.

#1628 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Normally, this is the sequence:
1. Ball moves to ball trough
2. Microswitch detection, switch registers
3. Blinking flasher
4. Upkicker kicks
So you are OK until point 4?

Exactly.

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Is there anything small laying in the scoop?

Not that I can see but I have no idea how to get to it. I think I need to start removing ramps etc to access it, I was hoping maybe there was a trick to it but no luck so far...

1 week later
#1648 5 years ago

So I ordered an L-6 ROM as my Road Show is running LX-2. Can someone point out where this chip is located on the board? I do not want to remove the wrong chip and fry my board. Any help is appreciated.

1 month later
#1741 4 years ago

So where would someone get a burner to make a new ROM? Is anyone selling these ROMs pre-programmed?

2 months later
#1825 4 years ago

Stupid Question here but does anyone know the part numbers for the screws and switch plate for switch #55 Ramp Exit Left? Any help is appreciated!

1 week later
#1836 4 years ago

So all of a sudden the bulldozer is not registering hits for M-F. The eddy board lights up when a ball goes over the magnet and it registers in the switch test. Ted works fine and the bulldozer goes up and down in the test mode. Any idea on what to check?

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The weekday callouts don't work in every mode, in several modes, you'll just hear like a gong sound. Have a look at the ruleset for details. If all your tests pass as you said, there isn't a problem with the eddy sensor or the logic system.

Yeah I get nothing any time I hit the bulldozer. No crushed cabs, advanced days of the week, or victory in Salt Lake City.
When I hit the dozer with a ball the LED on the Eddy Board turns on but in gameplay nothing.

#1840 4 years ago

Thanks! I will give this a try!

#1841 4 years ago

Hard reset did not resolve the issue

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Yeah I get nothing any time I hit the bulldozer. No crushed cabs, advanced days of the week, or victory in Salt Lake City.
When I hit the dozer with a ball the LED on the Eddy Board turns on but in gameplay nothing.

Update. So I played in a tournament on Saturday and discussed this issue with the Technician who serviced the machines at this venue. He suggested that even though the opto sensed the ball, the sensor probably needed to be adjusted as it may not be detecting a ball coming at it fast. I adjusted the eddy board and was able to play two games perfectly but after that the sensor began detecting phantom bulldozer hits so the shaker motor must have nudged the adjustment. I have ordered a new board from Pinbits which will hopefully resolve the problem. Thanks for the help!

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I had to turn my shaker motor down. That stopped a lot of problems.

Yeah mine is on low

1 month later
#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I have had the same issue with my Road Show since I picked it up and hoping I can find some info to help fix it. Red's mouth stays open all the time and during game play, the dozer blade does not work (go up and down). Red's mouth is always open and does not close during test though the dozer blade works during test mode.
I have done research and believe it is a board issue. Does anyone know which board I will need to look at, can it be fixed or is there any replacement boards out there?
The game plays great and I have lived with the dozer and Red's mouth not working for a while now, but really want to get this issue fixed. Any advice/guidance is very much appreciated.

Sounds like your dozer board opto needs to be adjusted.
For Red check the big plastic gear under her and see if it is missing a lot of teeth. If so its an easy repair.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 37.50
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 63.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider largemouthass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.