(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#881 7 years ago

Hey guys, picked up a nice road show today.
After sorting out some switch adjustments, i'm down to just one issue (or you can say 2), the eyes never move on neither red or ted. Not in game, not in test.
I've read the heads are pain to take out, so if the parts are cheap (and existent) i'll just order them first as for I like to fix things in one sitting.
The mouths work fine.

What are the normal culprits?
Thanks,
Joe

#886 7 years ago

Wow, looks like if I just order "all" the parts for the eyes it's going to add up. I guess i'll have to pull it apart and see what I really need.

On another note, the bunker lock is really inconsistent. Seems I mess with the lower of the two (lower when the playfield is up), it works for a few plays, then goes back to being inconsistent, any suggestions.

Also the level on the side, where the hell is the bubble supposed to be? Has a whole bunch of lines instead of just 2 like a standard level.

#889 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

You've been on pinside for 4 years, own 4 machines, feel confident enough to work on Red/Ted heads (one of the most complex assemblies in pinball)... But you dont know how to adjust the pitch angle or read the level on the machine?? Have a look at the manual.

Not sure if this was meant to be an insult, but sure sounds like one. It amazes me that with a simple switch and level question it leads you to make assumptions about my mechanically ability.
First off, I don't have the manual yet.
Second, i've messed with the switch to no conclusive success.
Third, I have plenty of levels at my house and none have half a dozen lines on it, nor do any of my system 11 pins have levels at all.

The pin is new to me and if you there is a road show club, why not just ask the guys that have it instead of wasting time. I've tackled much deeper issues with other pins, but never hurts to have experienced opinions before you jump into something. I'm someone that just likes to be prepared. Many times I ask questions about things I would eventually figure out, but why waste all that time?
Pinball is just one of the hobby's I have and some of the guys on this site have saved me hours by cordially answering the questions that were asked.

I'm guessing you have notifications on your phone and my post triggered and email that woke you up, I can't see any other reason to come here and be a dick. Why not just ignore it, especially after superbee already responded?

For the record the heads don't worry me in the slightest, I just like to fix things in one sitting because you never know when i'm going to get the time to finish, especially in the summer.

Superbee, thanks for giving an actual response, I appreciate it.

#893 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Im not sure if you're really uber-sensitive, but it sure sounds like you are! I'm not a millennial, so I sometimes tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and have higher expectations of people then I should. I'm usually really quick to help someone... and when I said "take a look at the manual", stupid me assumed you were aware of this too...
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1972/Williams_1994_Red_Ted_s_Road_Show_Operations_Manual_October_1994_OCR_searchable_includes_parts_information_and_schematics.pdf

I do have to kinda laugh, first you take what has to have been a mild shot at me (if it wasn't, you really must be quite the Ahole not to know it), then to defend it against my reply you hit me with another by calling me uber sensitive and a millennial. Let me guess, the millennial comment wasn't meant to be offensive?
Do you actually read your posts before hitting reply?

Benefit of the doubt? Lol, you assumed I had the manual and didn't look in it, how exactly is that giving me the benefit of the doubt?

Pretty simple, re-read your posts to see how they sound, so you don't come off as a dick.
A little self awareness goes a long way.
Trust me I can live with it, just because I prefer not to let people talk down to me (on the internet and certainly not in person) doesn't mean I have to go hide in my safe place (and for the record i'm not a millennial, but I don't dislike them like you clearly do).

As for the manual, thanks superbee, I actually downloaded one once and printed it out, cost me $35 in ink to print out a $20 manual, lol.

#906 7 years ago

Went to order those parts you guys suggested from pinbits and they are sold out.
I sent an email to ask if more would be coming.

That looks like the way to do it once and do it right.

Thanks for the info.

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

The switches in the bunker can be a pain in the ass and kinda hard to diagnose. I had similar problems with them being inconsistent. Fortunately it´s very easy to remove the whole assembly from the underside of the pf. Just disconnect two connectors and remove the 4 screws which hold the assembly to the pf. You have to move the diverter assembly a little bit to get to the 4th screw. You can do this by just removing two screws from the diverter and loosening the third. This way you can move it aside enough to get to the 4th screw.
Once you have the assembly out you can adjust the switches very easily.

Glad you said something, that assembly really did come out easy from the bottom. I would have never thought it was that simple.
Which was good because there was a switch you can't see on the backside which was mangled and wedged inside the slot. I spent all my time messing with the front two before.
So far so good after a few games. Completely changes how the game plays.
Thanks,
Joe

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

If the switch was mangled inside the slot it´s likely that it´s the wrong wireform. The rectangular leg at the end of the wire might be too short. That was the case on my RS.

I think the wire was ok but worked it's way into the slot and then the ball messed it up.

It's the third time on this pin I found a wire inside the slot. Maybe they used cheap switches, just seems they have a lot of wobble and deflection and I guess the ball pushes it to the side and the little bend that is supposed to keep it from falling through gets by.

On another note, my lockdown bar is messed up (or at lest I think so). Slides down off the machine. I don't know exactly what it's supposed to look like, but mine looks like it has fresh welds on it.
If I push it forward it fits right, so I'm thinking that the bracket inside is too far forward. Is there a fix for this? Cut it loose and reweld?

20170418_181839 (resized).jpg20170418_181839 (resized).jpg

20170418_181832 (resized).jpg20170418_181832 (resized).jpg

20170418_181836 (resized).jpg20170418_181836 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 63.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=jcar302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.