(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1085 6 years ago

Great game! I've had my RS for about 3 years now but just joined the owners group. I'm having a problem with Red now. The eyes stopped moving. I got new parts installed and re-installed the head. When I turned the game on and hit start, I saw smoke coming probably from a coil. I have a repair guy coming out to look at it but I may have done something wrong when reconnecting. Any ideas are appreciated.

On another note I got the Mezel Mods for RS and observed that the light from the flasher that it fits over the dynamite mod was not filling up the whole piece. It was only lit in the bottom area. I looked inside and saw that there is thin plastic pieces blocking the light. It was easy to remove with a screwdriver though and the light now completely fills up the plastic dynamite mod. Road Show is the only game that my wife said that I should keep (Only had room for no more than 2 in basement). I got it from a guy in Wisconsin and it the decals were not faded the playfield in excellent condition with no fish wear and minimal damage to the start city hole.

I'll have to read through all these post as i've already seen excellent conversations about this pin here.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrnetwurm:

Everyone seems to have a different idea on what the RS radio should look like. Here is my take:

I added an antenna to my radio.Road Show Radio (resized).jpgRoad Show Radio (resized).jpg (sent from phone).

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Ok thanks for the info, if anyone has an extra shaker from a Road Show I am interested
I have a bigger problem I am dealing with now anyway. After playing RS for a few games every so often when I hit both flipper buttons the game would power off and then power back up in a couple seconds on its own. After a few more games it started powering down after just hitting the left flipper button. After a few more games it powered down and then wouldn't come back on. Now when I switch the game on the speakers make a small noise and that's it? The game will not turn on. Where should I start?

I had that exact same problem a while back but it was fixed on the board by a repair person.

1 week later
#1142 6 years ago

Here is a problem I've noticed on my RS since the day I got it. When in falling rocks, it's hit and miss whether or not you hear the sound effects of the rocks falling. I've re-seated and replaced ribbon cables and a couple of other things that I forgot. Have any of you ever had that problem?

I'm still waiting on a repair guy to stop by to fix a problem with the heads and so RS is out of commission for now but I picked up a like new POTC which is a great game also.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I've had that happen a few times, always figured it was a bug of some sort. Happens maybe once in like 50 times...
If yours is more frequent, maybe your sound roms are failing? You checked everything else I would check.

Thanks, I am going to get a new ROM and see what happens. Falling rocks is no fun without the effect (lol).

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would reseat the roms before ordering. I saw you did the cables, but roms weren't mentioned.

Thanks and will do. I also finally got a date from a repair person also so good news there. I haven't been able to play RS since late spring.

1 week later
#1163 6 years ago

With the repairs to the heads, I'm back in action. Gavin of Gavin's Games Services fixed the heads in a really short time. He had to take out both and I was surprised at how fast it was done. It looks like the "falling rocks" mode is now fixed also. I forgot to mention it to him but I've played 4 games and no problems. He played some games while testing and may have caught the problem. He also tweaked a few things on POTC for me.

#1185 6 years ago

A few mods for the game: Antenna on radio, taxi cab and dozer on return land plastics, TNT on sticks on "dynomite." I did these a while ago. If you have that dynamite mod, clean out the thin plastic on the inside so the light will shine throughout. The vehicles are from Matchbox and match the pictures in the game well.

20171120_110258 (resized).jpg20171120_110258 (resized).jpg

20171120_110356 (resized).jpg20171120_110356 (resized).jpg

20171120_112851 (resized).jpg20171120_112851 (resized).jpg

20171120_110309_Burst01 (resized).jpg20171120_110309_Burst01 (resized).jpg

20171120_110324 (resized).jpg20171120_110324 (resized).jpg

20171120_110734_Burst01 (resized).jpg20171120_110734_Burst01 (resized).jpg

20171120_113505 (resized).jpg20171120_113505 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 63.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=jbug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.