(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 9 years ago

The dreaded fish wear - has anyone found a way to repair this? A decal would be awesome.

#133 9 years ago

I made a bunch - I can send you one, but you'll need to do some fine shaping with a Dremel tool/scroll saw/belt sander to clean it up.

Let me know

2 weeks later
#140 9 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Afaik a pinsider is working on one. I do have a spare playfield without fish wear. I do have a HP scanjet 4600 scanner to scan it if needed.
Post edited by rygar: spelling error

A scan would be great, but a decal would be even better How much would the spare playfield cost me?

My wear is more severe than this decal will fix, plus I have some flipper wear as well

1 week later
#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I just need the fish decal , I would hate to spend that much for one decal .

I just need the radio decal; maybe we can work out some sort of deal?

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Big thanks to hammerhead for sending me the square men working plastic. He sent it to me from Canada and asked for nothing in return. My Road Show is now complete.

Glad I could help!

5 months later
#193 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No...there is no wizard mode for getting through ALL cities unfortunately. Each of the 3 west coast cities are a wizard mode of sorts, so to play them all in one game requires at least 3 trips from east to west. Good thing there are TONS of extra balls to be won.

Three west coast cities? Seattle, Los Angeles and ???

The "Super Payday" wizard mode is reached when you get to either of the west coast cities and complete their mode.

#198 9 years ago

My bad - I guess its been a while

2 years later
#751 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I'm looking for that little blue thin plastic below the upper left flipper.
If anyone has this kicking around I'm willing to pay a fair price, thanks.

I made a few of those for myself - PM me your mailing info.

1 week later
#760 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Anybody know where to find a replacement eddy board? I've got a bad one, and it seems everyone is sold out!
Edit: never mind, got it fixed. Bad solder joint on one of the male connectors and a crapped out transistor. Problem solved!

Well if you still need one Pinbits has a new batch of their auto eddy boards available now - I just grabbed one.

#763 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Thanks Hammerhead!
Stand up guy. Took the time to mail me the plastic and didn't accept any money.
Merry Christmas.

Glad to hear you got them; I was worried the ink on the envelope had smudged and they'd be lost in Canada Post limbo forever.

Hope they work out for you.

Merry Christmas

1 month later
#800 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know what could be the problem with Teds eye lashes? I see his eyes moving inside his head but his eye leashes don't open. How does this mech work?
Plus my bulldozer isn't registering at all. I tried to adjust the opt boards underneath and the lights are on but nothing works still.

If by optos you mean the eddy boards, the lights should be off, and only come on when they register the ball passing over. If the lights are on all the time you should hear the bulldozer constantly registering hits.

If you have a manual you can see the entire Ted head mechanism, the coils operating his eyelids are 12 and 13 in the sketch. If I remember correctly, coil 13 opens and closes his eyelids, and coil 12 holds them open for long periods of time so the coil doesn't always have to be "on".

On my RS Ted was a mess with broken wires to the coils, broken coil wires themselves and so on. Likely coil 13 is the culprit, but you'll have to take Ted out of the game to service him, and that involves removing a bunch of stuff to get him out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 weeks later
#843 7 years ago

Per the manual:
- B-12445-7 on the right side, white spring (medium/low spring) 10-148-7
- B-12445-4 on the left side, green spring (medium spring) 10-148-4

Ignore the first image, I don't know how to remove it from the message.

3 weeks later
#866 7 years ago

IMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPG

IMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#921 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Yes, it did. All roadshows have them.

It's an integral part of the game.

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I am not at the game so will check later but is the shaker in the usual "stern" place at the lower left side of the cabinet where the tilt bob is?

Yes

1 month later
#968 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

That could be, all the kits have single rings, as opposed to a larger rubber spanning the posts. Guess I should look at the manual.

I replaced the single rubbers around each post with a rubber to span the posts - problem solved.

3 months later
#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Have my road show for about two weeks. Loving it. But, Red's jaw seems to be getting stuck in the open position. I checked the mechanism under the playfield and the gears seem to be fine. Motor as well. It seems like it gets stuck somehow in the open position and the motor does not have enough power to get over the resistance. I can manually push it over it by rotating the main gear wheel. It almost kicks over it. After that it will work fine again for a dozen games before it gets stuck again. Seems to be overturning on opening the jar. Could not find any adjustment screw or similar. Any body any idea?
Thanks

I had this exact same problem with Red. The jaw was rubbing against the side of the face, enough that the jaw wouldn't close. Loosened the face screws and moved it over a little to the right (when you're facing Red, didn't take much), problem solved.

2 months later
#1184 6 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Hey everyone.. I recently bought a Road Show and was loving it until my DMD died. I have a ColorDMD on order which hopefully will arrive this week! I also have an issue with RED talking that I already posted on Pinside but didnt get any replies. I will repeat the message below. I would really appreciate any help..
Cheers!
--
I bought a Road Show (which is an awesome pinball btw!) the other day which for the most part is a really nice machine. It does have one problem atm. Red's jaw doesn't open. I can see it moving very slightly to her words so I do know something is happening. I pulled out the jaw assembly and checked the gears etc which seem to be ok with nothing broken. I also pulled the board out and re-flowed the connectors for the mounted pins that the cable plugs into. Interestingly enough, when I put 9v direct through the cable the jaw opens and closes correctly. I suspect that this means that there is a problem with the board? TED is working correctly.
Cheers for any help anyone can give!
--

Did you see my response in post #1061?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/22#post-3968414

#1200 6 years ago

Looks like you're missing the bump stop in the coil housing. That won't make a difference to Red's mouth as its the coil for her to spit the ball out, but will make the action less noisy.

#1217 6 years ago

I bought replacement sector gears for Red & Ted because the originals were missing a few teeth. The replacements were slightly larger, enough that everything was very tight when reinstalled and the motor didn't have enough power to move the gears, so Red & Ted's jaws didn't open. I ended up putting the original sprocket gear back in; missing teeth but at least it worked.

1 month later
#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

That ring is usually referred too as a "small" or "mini" flipper ring. I'm not 100% sure of the diameter, but I believe its 1".
The Williams part number is 23-6553-4 (the "-4" denotes the color, red), if that helps.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6553-4

#1251 6 years ago

If it's 1/2" x 1" I'd say it would work just fine.

4 months later
1 week later
#1463 5 years ago

RS shaker is the most thought through shaker of any game out there. It activates only at certain times, the intensity varies depending on the mode. It's awesome!

Much better than the modern Sterns that shake for the sake of shaking.

#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Mine was the same, my house is built on a slab, and I was worried that over time, the legs would jackhammer through the floor! I did 5 different things just to get mine to about the same intensity as my Earthshaker...
1. Removed one the 2 counterweights.
2. Put 2 star post rubbers on each of the bolts between the housing and cab.
3. Removed bracket that attaches the motor assembly to the side of the cab.
4. Added a 100 ohm ceramic resistor to lower motor voltage as much as possible without damaging the motor.
5. Put it on the lowest setting in the menu.
Eventually I will make 2 custom counterweights that will resolve the entire issue by itself, but its more complicated a project than it sounds.

Why not just remove the shaker altogether, yeesh! You're taking out some of the excitement of the game.

If you think regular play shakes the game, wait until you get to Super Payday!

3 months later
#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

You have to catch her when she is talking, she spits it out and has a few cute lines.

"Oh man, that was terrible"

"How do you eat those things?"

5 months later
#1603 5 years ago

I'm having an intermittent problem when I get to Nashville. Change the Station is a two-ball multiball, but sometimes my game doesn't shoot out the second ball. The original ball goes into play and the mode continues to run indefinitely until you drain.

Any ideas where I should look first?

#1610 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

It would be nice to have a wizard mode.

What about Super Payday?

2 months later
#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm having an intermittent problem when I get to Nashville. Change the Station is a two-ball multiball, but sometimes my game doesn't shoot out the second ball. The original ball goes into play and the mode continues to run indefinitely until you drain.
Any ideas where I should look first?

Bump to the top, anyone have any ideas?

1 month later
#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from mordroc:

. . . it's been great to visit some new cities I've never been to before.

Just keep the original ROMs and play better

3 months later
#1876 4 years ago

I believe the rear diverter diverts an orbit shot through the pops either to the right wireform between Red and Ted that returns to the right inlane or to the left wireform to the left of Ted that returns to the left inlane.

9 months later
#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Totally agree with everything mentioned above! ^^^^^
Also... Ramp decals would be nice, as Ramp-O-Matic has reproduced the ramps recently on Roadshow !![quoted image]

That's purdy!

1 month later
#2261 3 years ago

I’m having problems with Ted’s bulldozer and I’m looking for some help.

Ted registers hits and you can advance through the days of the week and lock balls. After locking ball 2 Ted goes to sleep, his mouth opens up, but the bulldozer doesn’t raise, so you can never start multiball. The bulldozer operates as it’s supposed to in test, so I’m at a loss what to look at next.

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check for a loose wire on the connectors under the playfield. Go into test mode and move the wires around to see if anything registers, which would suggest a loose wire.

Man I love the easy fixes, the connector had vibrated loose from the jaw motor opto board.

8 months later
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I'll definitely be in for a yellow set. Do you have any leads where we can get the decals that go on them?

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/ramps/10077/ramp-decal-set-for-road-show

6 months later
#2763 2 years ago

Does anyone sell the bulldozer rubbers?

Does anyone sell Ted’s face?

#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Planetary had the faces a while back, not sure on the dozer rubber

Jaws, eyelids, back of Red's head, nothing else

3 weeks later
#2852 2 years ago

You can shoot the ball into Red's mouth while she's talking. She gags and says, "Bleah! How can you eat those things?"

2 weeks later
#2901 2 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

A couple questions and concerns with my RS:
How common are left ramp airballs? Some of my clean ramp shots jump up and hit the plastic above the ramp.

Very common, there should be a plastic over the ramp to stop that from happening.

3 weeks later
#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Almost ready to go back in.
[quoted image]

You should change "Ted" to "Mario"

1 week later
#3034 2 years ago

My Red has become a ventriloquist.

When the game first boots up and you start a game the jaw moves fine but stops moving partway through the game.

In test close works but not open. Any ideas?

#3041 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

If it works fine at first and then stops working, you likely need a new motor.

Crap! In test mode you can see the mouth trying to close, even when it's already closed. It just won't open.

Another thing to add to my next Marco order I guess.

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Have you tried moving the mouth under the pf by hand. Turning the gears by hand could show worn gears or eliminate that.

Yes I have. During test mode I can open the mouth manually and then it will close automatically as part of the test, but won't reopen. Otherwise I can move the jaw freely with no binding or anything like that.

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

When it’s working at first, do the movements seem slow and spongey or very fast and snappy? Both Red and Ted on my game have a very snappy open close motion on their mouths when taking.

Very snappy as you'd expect, but at some random point it just stops.

4 weeks later
#3100 2 years ago

There's a setting in the menu that you have to make whether you want to go through the cities normally or randomly. Not sure which one it is.

#3102 2 years ago

The colours are programmed for the game in the ROM you download from ColorDMD. You can't set the colours as far as I know.

They are very much more than a standard DMD, new or used, by a factor of 2.

1 month later
#3186 1 year ago

I'm having an issue with Red's mouth.

Occasionally her mouth would stop working during gameplay, then more so until no it doesn't open at all. In test mode the mouth doesn't open either, but you can hear and see the mouth trying to close itself. If you force the jaw open during the test mode it immediately closes itself, but never opens again.

I've replaced the jaw motor and reflowed the solder connections on the motor controller board, but no changes.

I know it doesn't really affect gameplay but I'd like it to be working correctly nonetheless. Anyone have any ideas.

#3188 1 year ago

Gears are fine, already checked those.

4 months later
#3378 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I am starting to get a list together of all the parts I need to order for a full refurbishment. I have been looking into replacement ramps and have seen JodyG's (Ramp-O-Matic) post about his Ramps and I have dropped him a message. I also see that Marco and Pinball Centre currently have ramps in stock. As I am in the UK it's cheaper for me to order from Pinball Centre, but wasn't sure if Marco and Pinball Centre are stocking JodyG's ramps or if there is any difference in quality between Ramp-O-Matic / Marco / Pinball Centre Ramps.
Any advice / feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in a similar situation, getting ready for winter projects. Ted has seen better days, a few shiners from getting hit in the face all the time. Does anyone know where I could find Ted's face?

1 week later
#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

If you can't find one, I may have a used one to sell. I'll check my stuff.

Did you locate your Ted?

1 month later
#3467 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

RED and TED Face and Back of Head Sets Now Available UNDECORATED - original WMS tooling, CNC Cut, ready for you to decorate ...
https://www.planetarypinball.com/PPS-31-2018B
https://www.planetarypinball.com/PPS-31-2017B
Team PPS
[quoted image][quoted image]

Almost there, just forgot the paint.

3 weeks later
#3489 1 year ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hello guys!
The one of previous owners cut a wire as shown on the photo, so the knocker doesn't work at all.
I'm wondering if I should try to connect it and see what happen.
As I'm not really experienced please advice me - is there any risk that it will cause some defect in the machine?
Thank you in advance!
[quoted image]

There's a lot of black on the one side of the coil, or is it just a shadow?

If it's locked on, you may only blow a fuse, but you could fry the related transistor.

1 month later
#3590 1 year ago

Marco sells them for $21 each.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-9476-2

You can do a lot of tumbling for that price.

2 months later
5 months later
#3884 5 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

If the red test sometimes works, it is most likely likely the dozer blade opto. eBay has new ones.

Why would Red be affected by the dozer opto? Red has her own Eddy board

1 week later
#3910 5 months ago

On STTNG, it's that last selection on the test menu, try there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=hammerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.