(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g35r6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2746 2 years ago

On the sides of each head are two sets of screws.
Are both sets supposed to be screwed in tight?
Or is there supposed to be just a touch of "play" in the ones that hold the face in place?

2 months later
#2939 2 years ago
D0507E20-4AA1-4A2E-B7E0-88F8F8155379 (resized).jpegD0507E20-4AA1-4A2E-B7E0-88F8F8155379 (resized).jpeg
9 months later
#3452 1 year ago

Ok, what did I do? I made a home made topper and using alligator clips, connected an 8smd flasher to the flasher under the Blast Zone. Everything seemed to work fine. I soldered it on and added some quick disconnects for easier removal in the future. I played one game and everything seemed ok. Put the translite and glass back on and went to start a second game. I had no coils or flashers. I noticed that the coil fuse (F112) was blown and was a 3A instead of a 7A. Switched it out and now I have coils. The flasher fuse (F111) was the correct 5A but I switched it out anyway. Still no flashers. Reseated J107, J103, J112, J116, J117 and J118 as well as checked the fuses in F115 and F116. Still no flashers. Finally I desoldered my wires from the Blast Zone flasher. Still no flashers and now I'm stuck. What should I look at next?
One thing I notice. When I power it on, all the flippers fire and hold for a few seconds. I don't remember that happening before.
Thanks.

IMG_2238[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2238[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2239[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2239[1] (resized).JPG
#3453 1 year ago

This may also be related. About a month ago I started having constant resets when pressing both flippers simultaneously. This was fixed (band-aided) by the addition of the No-More-Reset board.

#3455 1 year ago

That's my next try. I'm pretty limited when it comes to board work so after that, I'll probably need a pro to check it out (or send it out).
Here's a video of the flippers at start up.

#3456 1 year ago

Excellent! First rule - always reseat everything.
No idea which one was the culprit but after reseating all cables and connectors, we're back wrecking roads with all flashers intact.

#3457 1 year ago

And here's a picture of my home made topper wired to the Blast Zone.

IMG_2212[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2212[1] (resized).JPG
9 months later
#3789 7 months ago

Hi,
Does anybody have a source for individual plastics?
I'm in need of a Start City and a Bridge Out plastic.
Thanks

#3791 7 months ago

Thanks for your response.
I'm always apprehensive about the quality you get from that place.
But, it might be the only option for individual pieces.

1 week later
#3801 7 months ago

I’m pretty sure that goes between the storm shelter and the left ramp.

IMG_3408 (resized).jpegIMG_3408 (resized).jpeg
#3807 7 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:No, there's a longer piece for that space - thanks for answering though. Still looking for the correct spot

You're right! I was going off of my pictures but now that I'm looking in the game, I don't see that one anywhere.
The manual is no help either.

1 month later
#3889 5 months ago

Hey guys,
I have a bizarre problem that I just can't figure out.
I just replaced my left ramp and after putting everything back together, the ramp entrance switch (#57) doesn't register during gameplay.
It doesn't reward on a secondary skill shot hit nor does it register during the Denver mode or register miles.
It does give points though if I activate it by hand and it also registers during a switch test.

So it works during a test but not during gameplay. How is this possible?

Thanks

#3891 5 months ago

I thought that too but I’m using the ball to manually trigger it during gameplay.

I don’t think it’s possible I reconnected the 4 connectors back there incorrectly as three of them are different sizes.

#3892 5 months ago

I have a new switch to try, but it doesn’t seem like the answer since it works during the switch test.

#3897 5 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

sometimes though the ball doesn't make a hard press when travelling, just sort of glances the switch "finger", so sounds like a simple adjustment to me...

My problem still isn't solved. Adjusted the switch last night and checked with the ball - it performs perfectly.
I'm wondering if there's a wiring issue.
When you miss the skill shot and the ball travels to the right inlane, the "shoot here" insert lights up in front of the left ramp for you to make the secondary skill shot. This is when my switch isn't registering.
I noticed last night that on that "failed" secondary skill shot, when the ball traveled back to the right inlane, the "shoot here" insert lit up again.

Every time I roll over that right inlane, that insert lights up.

Do your games do that too? I'm betting they don't.
So, something's gotta be jacked up.

The only thing I resoldered was the light behind the Start City sign - I added the straighter sign bracket.
Otherwise, it was just undoing a handful of necessary connectors to swap out the left ramp.
I'm stumped.

#3899 5 months ago

Right so far. Hold the ball until the “shoot here” light goes out. Once it does, send the ball up the left ramp and have it land back at the right in lane. When it lands on the roll over, does the “shoot here” light come on again?
Thanks for your effort on this.

#3903 5 months ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

Also, am I tripping at work right now and the left ramp* NEVER returns to the right? Right?

You're definitely having a fun day there. The diverter on the left ramp sends it to either inlane.

But, you just clarified something for me. Yes, the "shoot here" always lights when you hit switch 31 (#17 not necessary). It has nothing to do with switch #18 either.

So, I'm back to my original problem, the ramp entrance switch (#57) doesn't seem to ever register during gameplay, but it does work (open/closed) during a switch test. Before I soldered in a new one, I decided to jumper wire a new one to the old one. I'm not sure if this is an accurate test but I will say that it acted the same way - registered during a test but does nothing during gameplay other than give me points.
No skill shot. No ramps counted during the Denver mode. No miles ever accrued to start the next start city event.

Still stumped.

#3906 5 months ago

Here's a new twist to this. The playfield flashers work inconsistently.
In test mode, none of them work. During gameplay, the blast zone flasher works as does the one near the small flipper. The back wall never lights up.
Can these two issues possibly be related? While changing out this ramp I did also add bright rings to the pop bumpers. No idea if this is all related.

#3917 5 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Is your coin door open during the flasher test? High voltage is disabled with door open which would stop any coil or flashers on high power from working with the door open. You’ll need to either close the door after starting the test or pull the switch outward until it clicks.

I have forgotten about this multiple times. One of these days this knowledge will stick in my head. Thanks.

So why would activating the switch give me points, but it's like it doesn't know it's time for the skill shot? Or that it's on Denver?
My next guess is to reinstall the old code and see what happens (I'm currently on 7.0).

#3925 5 months ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

It's possible the actuator arm isn't actually traveling enough when the ball strikes it, but does when you push with your finger.
I've had some 'sticky' switches too that needed adjustment.

Quoted from monkfe:

sometimes though the ball doesn't make a hard press when travelling, just sort of glances the switch "finger", so sounds like a simple adjustment to me...

You guys were both correct and your responses got me thinking. I spent so much time focusing on the entrance switch that I neglected to really look at the second switch on that ramp. Both are needed to get "credit" for making the ramp shot - and it was the second one that was out of adjustment. In test mode, it works fine with a finger but today when I tried with a ball - no good! I'm guessing it was just barely registering with the old ramp and once I transferred it over to the new ramp, different thicknesses/tolerances now caused it to not register.
Many thanks for helping me through this. I love it when the fix is easy - and cheap!

#3935 4 months ago

I've never had to adjust/take apart either head yet.
Is there an easy adjustment that would eliminate the blade from periodically getting hung up on the left post?

Thanks

IMG_4014[1] (resized).JPGIMG_4014[1] (resized).JPG
#3939 4 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I would assume one of the screws that attaches the dozer to the frame box has fallen out. It shouldn’t be possible for it to hit the post and it also looks very lopsided right there.

Correct. This is how it usually gets hung up on the post rubber.

At a quick glance this morning, I can see that the right screw looks flush to the frame whereas the left one looks to be sticking out some. I guess the left one could be loose. I'll check it out later tonight.

#3942 4 months ago

Switching code from 6.0 to 7.0 gives me this sound error. Why is that and do I need to do anything about it?
Thanks.

*Update* The error somehow cleared up.
All back to normal I guess.

IMG_4001 (resized).jpegIMG_4001 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#3977 3 months ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Still one of the best games I have. My only complaint is the dozer sometimes being flaky. Works 90% of the time.
I have messed with every part of it too!

I had issues with dozer hits registering. The "smart" eddy board has been great for the last two months.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/08794-smart-eddy-board-replaces-a-18543-1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g35r6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=g35r6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.