(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clempo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3206 1 year ago

You should check all fuses because a previous owner might have changed the value of the fuse. This is very common. Remember to take out the fuse to test it.

#3211 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Since you're all in preservation mode, i'd suggest a 1.5" strip of mylar about an inch below the fish insert to the scoop, before you beat that area up next.

Exactly, on mine I installed this mylar over the fish below the scoop.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-6430-00

#3223 1 year ago

Does it try to open and does not stick or it does not open at all?
In the first case, your linkage is probably broken and the second case your coil has an issue.

#3228 1 year ago

Can you compare with Ted or they both have the problem?

#3233 1 year ago

This damage looks like a frequent double-bounce out of the scoop. Never noticed that on mine.

#3234 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Does this have the black outline on the mylar or is that just showing the shape and that it has rounded corners?

I'm not sure if I ordered that exact SKU but mine had no black outline. If you inspect the Stern Indiana Jones playfield, you will not find a perfect rectangle with rounded corners in front of a scoop, so I'm pretty confident that SKU does not have a black outline either.

#3235 1 year ago

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I am doing a playfield swap,ang it is a beast. As you can see, the fish wear extends a couple more inches.MORE MYLAR? I ended up swapping. It will get pinsound,color dmd, and be ab beauty.u[quoted image]

Check if you have the right coil, it might be too powerful.

#3240 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

After completely pulling Red's head out and cleaning the sleeves, plungers and linkages they will close their eyes but still wont open. For now I have opened their eyes manually and disabled the rest of the eye movement. Boy are these faces finicky. I GIVE UP[quoted image][quoted image]

You can see how the eyes are supposed to work in this video

I bet you misplaced a spring. Also check your linkage is not broken and has its original shape https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8479

#3261 1 year ago

pudealee try running the screen test in service mode.

#3264 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Hey clempo - I Ran the test and nothing really popped out as being an issue. I can live with it until I get my Color DMD. But I am curious if it is the display that is starting to have issues or the controller board.

Try jiggling and resetting your ribbon cable connectors. You need to do this to the ribbon cable from the DMD board to the DMD screen, but also the ribbon cables from the CPU board to the DMD controller board in the backbox. I had weird pixels on my DMD this week and that fixed it for me.

#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Was watching a youtube stream by Bowen on this game that just popped up in my browser, anyway was watching Bowen do his thing and he came to a point in the game where he says you can get to "construction mania" or something like that...but that it was a certain button press and that he missed it so he never actually played that part of the game...so how do you get to it and what actually is it?

When Bob is lit, you visit Bob and if the sign says "Uranium Ore $3 a Chunk", quickly press both flippers. Construction Mania is a 20 second round where every switch is worth 3 million.

#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Have anybody used spots to brighten up the playfield? If so, where did you place them?

Do you mean extra spots? Ted is supposed to have a spot right in his face. Same for Red.

1 week later
#3308 1 year ago

I want the decal to the be perfect and the wet method allows me a second chance. That saved my arse once. Are there any disadvantages to the wet method? Otherwise it's a no brainer for me.

2 months later
#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

The only part of Ted I painted was his eyes.

I can see the sparkle Red brings in his eyes. Why else would they go together on a rampage across the country?

#3413 1 year ago

I can make that shot with the right flipper. This is something I often aim for to get to Miami. I am not saying it's easy, but the shot is definitely possible.

2 weeks later
#3427 1 year ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. Does anyone ever have problems whit the ground? I’m getting a little zap and DMD is no working (DMD board just redone ). Thank you

Did you reseat the connectors? When I had trouble with my DMD it turned out to be the connector two boards away.
Do you have another screen you could swap to test?

1 month later
#3473 1 year ago

I was able to repair the vertical link without dismounting the head once. It took hours and felt like an impossible magic trick. Trust me you will not save any time.

2 weeks later
#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I just rebuilt both heads and now Red has very loud eyes, can hear them even with the glass on. By loud, I mean you can hear the solenoids buzzing, not clicking or hammering. Does this mean I need new Solenoids, or is there something I should try to adjust?

Is there one or more coils in the head locked on?

#3515 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I renovated both Red and Ted about two years ago and everything worked fine then. Now recently Ted's (of course it couldn't be Red) eyes can only look left but not right. I can't remember if I can hear the coil clicking when trying to look right or not when the eye test is running. The eyelids work as they should. I remember there are two tiny coils controlling the eye movement so I guess the one controlling the movement to the right have a loose cable.
As Ted is a lot of work to get out I wanted to ask here if there could be any other explanations beside a loose coil cable. The coils themselves almost never go bad so I don't think it's that.
Is it possible to connect Teds head to Reds playfield connector (to see if the problem is outside the head) or will that damage the game?

You can remove the hard hat pretty easily and you could check if the left-right wire linkage at the top is still well attached.

1 week later
#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I bought this game as a project in 1000 pieces, not even sure it’s complete
Now that the playfield is cleared it’s time to start!
This will be a bit daunting but 1st question is should I assemble and install the heads as the first thing?
[quoted image]

Makes sense since you have to remove the ramps to get easy access to the heads to repair them.

1 week later
#3573 1 year ago

Try to reseat your connectors at the DMD and DMD controller board. If that does not work, try reseating the connectors between the MPU and the DMD controller.

#3575 1 year ago
Quoted from MyParagon1979:

Clempo,
Appreciate you taking the time and thought to help.
Already tried, figuring that was the easiest test.
Will try again later today, outta respect and hope from your feedback!
J

I keep repeating myself, but for me it was a revelation that the problem was the connector two boards away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clempo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=clempo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.