(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captaincaverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I need a translite and ramp decals too, does anyone have a lead on those?

Hello,

both parts are available at Pinball.Center, they're located in Germany but they do ship worldwide.

Problem is, shipping to Australia costs 59€...

#2176 3 years ago

Oh, and Hi everyone,

I join the ranks of the owners of this great pinball machine, my first one, and probably not the last!

1 week later
#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Also i get balls stuck under the lower mini left flipper. It has two posts with individual rubbers. I understand it should be one rubber spanning both, any idea what size rubber?

Just checked, you need 2 * 3/4" and you'll be fine.

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Ted's eyes do not move left. I exchanged plugs with Reds working ones and it still doesn't move. So the coil is not working.
Is there a pictorial how to dissamble Ted from the playfield?

First check for wire issue : i had the same problem, and was dreading for disassemble the head, but i noticed that, at some point in time, someone has cut all the wires leading to the eyes/lids of both head, and (poorly) soldered them together again.
Once all wires were properly resoldered and protected with heat-shrink sleeve, everything went back to normal.

Of course, if a wire is cut near the coil, you will have to disassemble anyway...

#2238 3 years ago

Ok, i've just finished removing the mylar on the lower playfield, and, alas, some decals were damaged during the process.
(Atlanta, and some outer lines like on the Blast Zone) :

pf (resized).jpgpf (resized).jpg

Which method is the best to repair these ?

Thanks !

1 year later
#2777 2 years ago

I am not a huge fan of mods, but painting the radio on a Road Show is really a no brainer considering how bland it looks unpainted...

2 weeks later
#2839 2 years ago

Okay i have an issue with Ted's jaw : it lowers properly, but it never raise completely.

When Ted is talking, the movements are clearly incomplete.

After some search (this page : https://www.aaarpinball.com/RoadShow/RoadShow.htm contains some useful infos), I have replaced the four transistors on the dual drive motor board corresponding to Ted, but with no luck.
I have tried swapping the power connectors between Red & Ted motors, and in this case, Red's jaw is not moving properly, so the assembly is not the culprit.

Could it be an IC issue ? The motor board is using a LM339 chip...

#2842 2 years ago

Alas, gears and motors are fine, this is why i suspect an issue with the motor controller board.

1 week later
#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from Nez02:

Anyone happen to have this right in-lane plastic laying around? I broke mine.
[quoted image]

Available at Marco's for 8$ : https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2014-15
Unless someone can get you one for free, it looks quite reasonable

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Had friends over yesterday and all gi stopped working on my roadshow.
Where do i start?
Fuse in backbox?

Checking the fuses is a good start, beyond that PinWiki has a complete section about GI problems : https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems

Good luck !

1 week later
#2915 2 years ago

Just checked various pics and I've discovered that two versions of the blade exists :

The one with a larger top, which doesn't need a plastic, and therefore no screw holes.
I'm guessing that yours is like this, yemtrader ?

blade_rs (resized).jpgblade_rs (resized).jpg

The second with a thinner top, just like @Jmckune's, with screw holes and plastic attached.
I have the second one, with no less than 4 screw holes, because the plastic was broken in three...

1 week later
#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Anyone have any ideas or good place for me to look on this issue? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-dozer-issue-1

As you have pointed out in your thread, checking/clearing the wire mess you found is the first step. If the issue is still there, check the wiring (again) and the connectors, from the power driver board all the way to the opto board.

For what its worth, I had the following issue with the blade : randomly during plays, the blade was moving up and down, often several times in a row. And also randomly, after locking the balls, the blade was not raising at all, making it impossible to start the multiball.
The IDC connector was the culprit : in switch edges test, merely touching the connector was closing the dozer up opto. A brand new molex connector fixed this.

#2934 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Are you referring to the connector that directly attaches to the dozer opto or somewhere else? I feel it’s likely the mess of wires as the opto board is slightly warm to the touch which to me indicates power is definitely making it to it. If sorting that mess of wires doesn’t do anything I will be shocked.

Oops, sorry, yes, I was talking about the idc connector which attaches to the dozer opto.

2 weeks later
#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Also, why is there a hole with a zip tie in one of the gears (or am I seeing wrong)?

Same question here, and I see that it is present for Red's jaw, but not for Ted's one ?

2 months later
#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Also, I have already adjusted the eddy sensor boards in front of both faces and red's is already out of adjustment. Is this a constant battle to keep them in adjustment??

As pointed by @Lhyrgoif, replacements board are available, but the price is quite steep...
Having the same issue on one the board, i followed another advice : put a drop of glue on the pot knob. It yields pretty good results so far.

2 months later
#3295 1 year ago

With a first gear too wide, i would have tried my luck with another vendor...

Have you conctacted PBL on this ?

I wonder if you can file the gear to make it a better fit.

1 week later
#3318 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I have a question about the bridge out lights. On my machine, both of them turn on and off at the appropriate times, but instead of doing the wig wag like they are supposed to, both LEDs stay on when active. This goes for both left and right. Is this likely something on the wig wag boards or elsewhere?

If it was one board, i would have suspected the LM555, but both of them ?? What happens if you unplug one of them ?

2 weeks later
#3324 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Ran into an issue over the weekend - the bulldozer stopped lifting prior to multi-ball. It has worked flawlessly up until now in the two months I've owned the game.
The sensors detect hits and it goes up/down during the switch test from the menu.
Thoughts?

Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm having the the same issue although randomly. Sometime it goes up for the start of multiball sometimes not. I would love to hear ideas also. All the wiring checks and other tests I did looked fine.

Having weird issues with the blade (sometimes not rising when needed to, and sometimes moving randomly), I had to replace the idc plug connected to the blade board.
To check if it could be the culprit, go to the contact test menu and try jiggling the wires near the plug. If it register hits, then the plug is faulty.

1 week later
#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Can you clarify which board you are talking about? The eddy board or the board that controls the motor that moves the blade? Care to post of pic? I'm still having issues with the blade not going up after I've locked two balls.
Thanks.

Ah yes, i was talking about the opto blade interrupter board (A-19359).
In test mode, contacts were triggered by merely touching the wires... after replacing the plug, problem solved.

The blade motor board (A-15340) is working fine for the time being.

3 weeks later
#3355 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Did I read somewhere that new ramps were being made for RoadShow?? Ideally with stainless steel ramp flaps on 'em!
It may be in this thread, but I've been away from Pinside for a little while, sorry.

Ramp-O-Matic ( JodyG ) produces them : https://rampomatic.com/

2 weeks later
#3385 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I was 100% sure I've seen planetary pinball post here like a year ago that they were going to make new faces and jaws and even discussed skin tone colors and showed pictures of finished items but I only find the jaws on their website now. Strange.

Indeed, PPS made a statement about this last february :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/57#post-6715896

But alas, no more info since then...
Ted face on my machine has also seen better days, and a replacement would be much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captaincaverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=captaincaverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.