(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Very nice Road Show with color DMD and topper in Michigan...looking to trade...

Still wish you were a bit closer. I have that nice EATPM and a fairly decent TAXI still for trade. Coming anywhere near the Twin Cities or just somewhat close, LMK..........

10 months later
#1247 6 years ago

What size flipper rubber does the small flipper take? Ordering flipper rubber today, and I'm unsure of the small flipper size. At work so I don't know. 1 or 2" ?

#1250 6 years ago

So the PerfectPlay 1" mini rubber from PBL should work correct? I'm terrible at pasting links otherwise I'd add the link.

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

If it's 1/2" x 1" I'd say it would work just fine.

I ordered one. Mike at PBL said it would work.

2 weeks later
#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

One question though , warm white or yellow under yellow inserts? Seems yellow bulbs look bad under yellow, been a while since I've done a game.
Thanks.

I typically will use warm white on yellow inserts, unless I want to "change" the color of the yellow a bit which I've done in the past. Sometimes cool whites will enhance the color a bit. But on my RS, I just did warm whites in the yellows. I DO like using the cool whites on the clear inserts. I prefer the white look more than the yellow from warms. Cool whites in the GI on this game really brightens it up. Makes it easier to see IMO

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I used Blue for my Gi and it looks fkin amazing. I know a bunch of other road shows with blue gi. Personal preference most people will go with white for GI

Have any pics? I did some blue to the right and under the radio to go with the blue plastic. Colors it up a little bit w/o overkill. Didn't see many other areas that blue would work real well. May do some more testing. Like to see one all blue

#1286 6 years ago

I am looking for a topper for my RS. Preferably one with the road construction lights that tie into the gameplay. But open to any. Where to find? Any vendors sell them? Figured I'd start here.

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Pinstadium was made for this game:

Your before pic seems awfully dark compared to mine. And I don't have pinstadium installed on mine. Yours look much brighter now..

#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It was without any ambient light to show the full coverage. I purchased pinstadium because the playfield was dim to begin with, it's nice to see the playfield now. The artwork really pops.

Here's a pic of mine. No pinstadium, but have some LEDs in there

20180131_165655 (resized).jpg20180131_165655 (resized).jpg

#1298 6 years ago

Other than a little blue LED at the radio, is the rest just bright white in the GI?

Yep, cool whites in the GI, 4 frosted blues next to the radio, and LEDs in various inserts.

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I think a colorDMD is calling my name next, but man they are spendy.

My thoughts exactly. Want one badly for it, but for about 400, still unsure. Think I'm going to go with the Laseriffic Topper instead..

1 week later
#1319 6 years ago

Yet another version of the radio painted. I took someone else's version and tweaked it a touch. I do like the silver and black .
Today's project is to refurb the coin door . Having a hell of a time finding semi-flat black krylon. Craft store, Home Depot, and target were a no go. Gonna do the 2 step method with barely pressing down on gloss to speckle over the semi flat .
It's a rainy day in georgia , nice full day project , with a two hour intermission at a local pinball bar in downtown . Gotta let my harness dry anyways.

Radio looks nice. Seen a lot of painted radios since I picked up my RS, so I think i'll paint mine as well. What are you guys using for paint? Using brushes, spray cans and masking areas off etc.?? Just curious what methods are being used and what works better. Obviously small brushes work well, but leave brush marks. Thoughts?

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

This is a great semi-flat black paint from Menards or Home Depot. About $4 per can.

+1 on this paint. I've used it on 2 coin door repaints. Stuff works great. I use it for other things outside also, shepherds hooks, metal benches, weathervanes etc. .

3 weeks later
#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Today a small mod mounted, small but the nicest mod that is there for me. I demonstrate him in the test mode. The mod has been updated with a yellow and black border like on the road.
» YouTube video

Very nice! Love to have one of those. Great Job...

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Hey Joey, yes it is for sale! the @ pinballDoctor1 makes them, and sells them, send them an email and the rest goes automatically.

Wonder what it would cost shipped to the states? I'd love to have one too.

8 months later
#1543 5 years ago

Having problems with my bulldozer blade. It's not registering at all, so I can't do M-F etc. Was told the eddy sensor might need adjusting. Never adjusted one before, and I know there is more than 1. Can someone post a pic of which sensor it is, it offer any other input as to the problem. Thanks

2 months later
#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from Juicerc51:

I am nearing the end of completely restoring the cabinet and used new decals. The blue sky on the decals is quite blue. The old color was more sky or lighter blue. I have new chrome legs for the cabinet. Should i powdercoat them or leave them chrome? If i powdercoat them do i match the blue on the new decal or go closer to the lighter blue i see in pictures online?
[quoted image]

I'd leave them chrome. Especially since there new. Couldn't you of just powder coated the old ones or no?

#1588 5 years ago

I had blue legs on mine and really liked them. But I also like the chrome. It's all personal preference. I'd leave 'em, but that's just my opinion..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=bohdi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.