(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 10 years ago

Hello everyone just bout my roadshow last weekend absolutely love it. It only has one issue that I haven't fixed and its teds eye lids dont close I just need the new plastic link for the solenoid but im not worrying with it for now as im enjoying the game to much and im sure its a pain to work on

2 weeks later
#129 9 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Promo hard hat and aftermarket unbreakable replacement part.

RS_promo.jpg 66 KB

replacement2.jpg 50 KB

replacement1-779.jpg 52 KB

Nice I need some of them

4 months later
#169 9 years ago

What kinda start button is that with a key?

4 months later
#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody have a left side ramp for sale?

I have one but its supposedly spoken for but haven't heard back from the guy for few days but ill wait till end of this week and if I dont hear back we will talk if your interested .its in good shape with to small pieces missing where u cant see and entrance is not broken and Its populated and has the bridge out assembly. 20150126_210427.jpg20150126_210427.jpg

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Lol just ordered my roadshow today. Funny thing is I have never played it. But I got a good deal and it is a Superpin and I want to collect all of them. First thing I'll do is led it up. Glad to be part of the club

Lol me to I have most just need sttng and ij not worried about popeye saves earth or whatever it is so whats a good deal on rs these days?

#253 9 years ago

Ok I have a nice rs except faded but play great just gotta get ted eye shut plunger part .I was thinking of updating my collection .

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I bought a machine with the same problem .the guy thought the same thing even included the part.
The problem is Ted's head has to be removed in order to get at it and that was the hardest part to get out of a machine I ever seen, second thing is that part was fine the coil that shuts his eyes was blown ,3rd the transistor that controls the solenoid on the power board was shorted .just saying ..are you sure that's the problem
P.S. I wonder if that's a common problem ?

Yea had it apart and its missing the plunger lol so just need it but it dont effect playing so I haven't worried about it but if anyone has that part id purchase it. I think im just going to tear the pin down if I don't get anything cnew soon because its the only one in my collection that hasnt gotten my full treatment because when I bought it my skills were not anywhere near what they are now so im ready to dig in if I decide to keep it

1 month later
#308 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Hay guys,
What's the deal with the new rooms?
Worth the upgrade?
What changes are there?
I heard something about a soft shaker mode?
Thanks

Yes and non ghosting patch and other things to really polish the game

#309 9 years ago

I need a eye shut plunger for ted anyone have a extra? Thax

2 months later
#364 8 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Joined the club this weekend. Bought the game on a whim, good price with a color DMD. But, I love this game!!!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yea u got a killer deal if u dont like it u can make 1 k off of it lol I tried getting it

#373 8 years ago

Is this still a current site? Emailed the other day and haven't heard anything back.
Also, Ted can't seem to blink. Easy fix? I've been enjoying the game too much to take 5 minutes off from playing. Him not blinking doesn't affect game play. But, if anyone has a quick tip, please let me know. Thanks.

Yea hes way behind ive been waiting on things for weeks lately . Ted is kinda of a pain to fix anything also lol

#379 8 years ago

Nope. Just always open. In testing, when you select eyes shut for Ted, nothing happens. When he should close his eyes when his mouth is open to hit the shot for multi ball, his eyes are open. When you're done playing and Red closes her eyes, his stay open.
His eyes do move left to right, but seem to be locked open.
Blown coil?

Nope the pluger breaks pretty often and my rs worked 100 except teds eyes closeing . I had the parts to fixbut its a royal pain to bc you literally have to take everything off the pin lol.

#380 8 years ago

Nope. Just always open. In testing, when you select eyes shut for Ted, nothing happens. When he should close his eyes when his mouth is open to hit the shot for multi ball, his eyes are open. When you're done playing and Red closes her eyes, his stay open.
His eyes do move left to right, but seem to be locked open.
Blown coil?

U more than likely need this let me know I have a extra and I think they are sold out everywhere .20150521_003848.jpg20150521_003848.jpg

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

It could be caused by blown/disconnected coil or as bigd1979 said broken plunger. Pinbits used to sell those parts made out of Delrin, but I cannot find them on their page at the moment.

Very true but in most cases that ive seen its the pluger broken.thats y I offered my extra up .you can take teds hat off and see if its broken that be first thing id do

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

My first pin, picked up yesterday, rescued from a small amusement park. They had it on Ebay for a bit, nobody bid, so I sent a lowball offer out of the blue, and the accepted. It needs a good cleaning, but the playfield is in great shape, plastic dirty and a bit discolored but intact.
Red doesn't blink, Ted has a total death stare going on, and both of their jaws are sloppy. Rubbers are turning to dust and has a few burnt bulbs. Already ordered some parts to fix most of these issues.
Only real play stopper issue is the dozer blade sometimes doesn't activate when it should. Found a suggestion to clean and reflow the opto board for it, and hopefully that will do it. The pivot on the left side of ted though is really loose, so the blade doesn't lift evenly. Do I have to pull all those upper playfield parts to fix that and his eyes? Or is there a trick to getting the blade off?

Sounds like you sld do a complete teardown anyhow so just rebuild everything while apart .

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Thanks, I will take some soon..

I do plan too, but I would like it at least playable for a bit so I can get the "I have a pinball I can play anytime I want for free" buzz before I take it apart.
Update: Went to take a look at the dozer opto....
And I was greeted by an empty bracket and a loose plug. Well, I guess that's the problem....I went digging though the spare parts box I was given and there it was, one opto missing. Also in the spare parts were a couple of spare optos so I soldered one in...no dice. I metered the plug and the wiring does seem to be okay. There are no obvious burnt traces, the diodes and resistors seem to be ok in a quick test, I reflowed everything and still no luck.
At this point wondering if I should continue to mess with it or just spring for the new improved board thats avaliable.

I understand that lol however you could possibly do more damage to it by playing before doing a complete shopout. New boards are nice but id definitely try to fix the old hate to see you put the new in and it gets damaged from another issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.50
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.