(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OTRChief.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1026 6 years ago

Can anyone supply a rubber ring chart for Road Show? Thanks

2 years later
#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’ve added a few spotlights. My other games have Pinstadiums but I don’t think this one needs it. I took the ColorDMD out to put it in Dr Who. I need to get another one!

What are the details on the lights on the topper? Where did you get them and how tall are they? Make & model? Thanks

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I still need to wire them.

Thank you for your response. If you figure out a good way to wire them let the group know.

1 year later
#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Added little construction hats to most of the exposed switches.

How did you hold the little hard hats in place?

2 months later
#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I would start by undoing the mod and see if it goes back to normal again. If so, consider carefully how you mounted it, reread instructions (if any) and perhaps only modding one jet bumper at the time.

I agree try one pop bumper at a time. I think the pop bumper lights are part of the GI circuit so the mod should not affect the switches.

5 months later
#3218 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Does the new code have a setting that allows you to play as originally intended in addition to new rules?

Yes. I like that it also allows you to play all 3 west coast cities.

2 weeks later
#3300 1 year ago

My dozer blade does not lower completely at the end of multiball. It works correctly in test mode. So far I have cleaned the optics and reflowed the solder. What should I try next?

#3301 1 year ago

Is the plastic behind the radio station targets clear or does it have a design on it?

2 months later
#3370 1 year ago

I use a GIOCD board for dimming sequences. I did not have flickering problems with either GI or inserts.

8 months later
#3664 9 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

2. Once I qualify the lock by hitting the bulldozer through Friday, lock remains lit until I lock two balls (unless I'm in a City mode). Is there a way to have to hit the bulldozer again between the locks? i.e. Bulldozer thru Friday, lock ball #1, then Bulldozer thru Friday again before locking ball #2.

My game requires hitting the bulldozer again between the locks. I believe it is:
A.2 09 Weeks To Lock 2
The number of weeks the player has to complete before the game lights lock 2.
Settings: 0 or 1 Week

3 weeks later
#3690 9 months ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Anyone interested in a topper? Interactive with game. Flashes at startup as well.

What are you using to trigger the lights?

3 weeks later
#3766 8 months ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I'm at a loss now. What would cause the dozer blade to work intermittently in game but 100% ok in test but not in game.
The only time it always works in game is during a ball search or if a ball is trapped between the blade and Ted's mouth. The blade will always go up to release a trapped ball.

The following are notes I copied over time from previous posts that seem to blame the shaker motor.
"Multiball start triggers once two balls are locked. The dozer blade fails to go up most of the time. Sometimes it will. Most of the time it won't. So you can't actually start multiball unless the blade is up.
Someone previously mentioned testing with the shaker off. With the shaker off the dozer went up 6 out of 6 times. With the shaker set to soft the dozer went up 4 out of 6 times. Seems like the shaker is shaking a loose wire connection. The wires from the motor (through ferrite ring) to the board are very short and tight. I wonder if that was a previous repair that I need to remedy.

I had an issue with the dozer that is similar to yours. Sometimes the dozer would work fine and other times would not, typically when the shaker motor was extra "shakey." It ended up being a molex connector going to one of the boards under the playfield. Its been a while and I cannot recall exactly which one but it had at least 4 wires on it. One of the wires was starting to lift out of its slot, causing intermittent connection issues. I re punched the wire back into the molex connector and it fixed the problem. I remember also working on Ted's mouth so look at that motor board first."

1 week later
#3777 7 months ago

I had a problem with my Dozer Blade not always going down. Multi-ball started correctly but the bade would not always go down between Jackpots or at the end of multi-ball. I removed and reflowed the soldier on the EMI board. This did not have any effect on the problem. I removed the Opto board and cleaned the optos. I also reflowed the connector and the components on the board. This fixed my problem. I saw recently that Big Daddy Enterprises sells a replacement for the Opto board both on Ebay and their website.

2 weeks later
#3794 7 months ago

Ted Removal
I labeled connectors as I removed them, starting with A
0. Remove Lock down bar, playfield glass & 4 balls
1. Remove Subway below Ted: 4 screws, connector A
2. Remove Hats: 1 screw each
3. Remove right side metal ramp: 1 locknut & washer, 4 screws, connector B
4. Remove right plastic ramp: 4 flap screws, 2 screws (one behind back board), connectors: C, D, E
5. Remove metal ramp from left kicker: 2 screws into plastic ramp, 1 locknut & washer on kicker
6. Remove left metal ramp: 2 lock nuts & washers under playfield, 4 screws, connectors F, G
7. Remove left diverter: 3/32” hex set screw
8. Remove left plastic ramp: 2 flap screws, 2 screws, 1 long screw holding plastic post with 2 rubber rings, connectors H, I, J, K
9. Remove left & right blue plastics: 2 lock nuts each
10. Remove Bull Dozer hex nuts to separate from Ted
11. Remove front & back of face: 4 #6 screws
12. Under playfield remove locknut & screw that hold dozer in place: connector K to dozer opto board
13. Under playfield remove 4 screws that holds ted’s jaw motor in place
14. Below the playfield the scoop is still in the way. Remove 3 of 4 screws so you can slightly move the scoop.
15. Disconnect Ted’s mouth from motor: e-clip & pin
16. Under the playfield remove Ted’s 4 screws and connector L and take him out

#3795 7 months ago

I fixed Ted's open Eyes and put in a new Rottendog Driver Board. When I was done everything in Ted worked perfectly but I had two problems. The first was resets and the second was the dozer blade would not lift to go into multiball. Both problems seemed strange as I shouldn't get resets with a new driver board and the dozer blade worked correctly in test. I took a no more resets board out of another game and put it into Roadshow and both problems were fixed. Why would this fix the dozer problem?

#3797 7 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Take a look at the dozer opto board.

Thanks for your thoughts. While working on Ted I installed a new Big Daddy Opto Board. If I take the "No More Resets Board" out I'm getting fewer resets, but the dozer blade does not raise to start multiball. If I put it back in the dozer blade raises to start multiball.

2 weeks later
#3816 6 months ago
Quoted from Scroat:

I got tired of the black metal backboard on my Road Show, and I tried a decal but it was a mess and sucked having to trim out for the diverter and flashers, so I painted it. I think it turned out great.

It did turn out great. But it seems way more work than a decal.

Road Show Back (resized).JPGRoad Show Back (resized).JPG
#3817 6 months ago

I finally decided how to power the lights on my topper. I connected one to the red flashers on the back board and one to the white flashers. So my topper flashers flash during "a storm is coming", at the start of multiball and during the light show at the end of the game.

Road Show Topper01 (resized).JPGRoad Show Topper01 (resized).JPG
4 weeks later
#3849 5 months ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I bought new replacement boards from Pinball life and only the center eddy board for the dozer blade behaves properly. I can make the led go on and off by dialing in the pot on the dozer blade board but the Red and Ted boards leds stay off through the whole range of the pot.

When did you purchase your eddy boards? In August of 2021 I purchased an eddy board from Pinball Life and it had a bad IC on the board and would not work. They had the manufacturer replace their inventory. A board where you cannot make the LED go on and off will not work.

#3875 5 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My Road Show has partial LED's. Back box and GI plus the border of the USA map. I'd like to go full LED but I see that Comet is pushing the OCD board for RS. Looking for some opinions and recommendations.

I put LEDs in 12 games including Road Show. I put a GIOCD board in White Water because it has extensive dimming, but all my other pins seem fine without OCD boards.

2 weeks later
#3907 5 months ago

The back wall are flashers. The pop bumpers are part of the GI circuit.

1 week later
#3943 4 months ago
Quoted from Mackley:

Check out Q46 and it indeed had a short. I replaced it with another TIP102 and the ceramic burnt up right away when firing it up. What on line could cause this?

One of the links to the lashes is likely broken.

#3954 4 months ago
Quoted from natgreystar:

Anyone ever have problems with the right diverter not opening fast enough and the ball missing the diverter shot? When I test it the diverter seems to move fine but the ball appears to fly through faster than the game can account for and I almost never make the bridge out shot on the right.

Make sure the diverter isn't rubbing on the cutout in the back board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OTRChief.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=OTRChief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.