(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,081 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8019258_0 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I just got a Road Show! Love the game.
I see the rom update made by soren. It's gotta be one of the best updates for any game ever made, right? Anyway, I don't have the hardware to make the rom, and I tried searching around to see if I could buy it online so I didn't need to beg you fine folks for one. No such luck, sooo...
Does anyone have a rom with the soren update that I can buy? I have money. Please take my money so I can buy some happiness from you. Thank you for considering my joy.

Hobbyroms.com will sell you one. I just ordered from them.

1 month later
#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Agree, where can these be found as i am interested in giving it a try

I ordered mine from hobbyroms.com and was very happy. He's already applied the patch to the rom so no effort on the buyer's part.

1 month later
#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

My friend is rebuilding and had lit up the eyes of Red and Ted. Quite nice.[quoted image]

At first glance i find it increases the creepiness factor by 12!!!

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Back in the club. How do I get my hands on the Soren chip? That looks like a must. Is anyone selling the chip?

Got mine from hobbyroms.com

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Anyone spotlight their roadshow “map” area? I find it’s the only dark spot on my game that looks like it could use some extra light. Love to see some pics.

I’ve added a few spotlights. My other games have Pinstadiums but I don’t think this one needs it. I took the ColorDMD out to put it in Dr Who. I need to get another one!

12298BA3-168C-43C9-ACED-A30F5EB55CA4 (resized).jpeg12298BA3-168C-43C9-ACED-A30F5EB55CA4 (resized).jpeg25A72025-3C2A-40B7-98BD-5073685C4446.jpeg25A72025-3C2A-40B7-98BD-5073685C4446.jpeg2A2C1EF4-E142-4999-B046-9EEE526FE02C (resized).jpeg2A2C1EF4-E142-4999-B046-9EEE526FE02C (resized).jpeg33EC7AF9-9861-4C91-A2DB-03A6E7D28C83.jpeg33EC7AF9-9861-4C91-A2DB-03A6E7D28C83.jpeg
#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Thanks...great topper!
I’m thinking I’ll put together a comet order here at some point and give them a whirl. I live in Canada so whenever I put together an order I have to “make it worth it” which means I inevitably end up spending way more than I intended. Just wish comet sold titan rubber and pingulps or vice versa

Yeah i got the spotlights as part of the “full” led conversion kit for my STTNG but it didn’t need them with the Pinstadiums. The topper I would have preferred a bulldozer but couldn’t find anything at the right size that was priced reasonably. So it was Amazon to the rescue with this RC loader.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

What are the details on the lights on the topper? Where did you get them and how tall are they? Make & model? Thanks

Depends on what you want I guess. “Modern” rotating beacons have no moving parts and they just sequence LEDs to give the appearance of rotation. I wanted old school rotating beacons with a real motor. This is what I got:
ebay.com link: Breakdown Amber Flashing Orange Beacon Recovery Truck Light Rotating 12V

They are 6” high.

I still need to wire them. Got a pinsound with shaker controller board to control the topper but when looking into the programming I noticed the accessory port(relay) to turn on the topper works like the shaker. It’s only on for a set amount of time. This doesn’t work for me. Looking into an alternate way to control it. I basically want it on for the 3rd lock and during multiball.

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

anyone have the latest code? (the modified one) can't seem to locate it on the previous post listed here.

You can find it on ipdb. I had mine burnt by hobbyroms.com. No longer have an eprom programmer.

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

got it...thanks....So the latest code was 6 and the patch was for that version correct?

Yep

3 months later
#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

I know how the power daisy chains but the flipper opto boards have two per board Roadshow has three flippers on the left side I was wondering if the two upper flippers are combined to run through one opto.

Pretty sure the manual covers that! Part 3?

1 month later
#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Welcome to the club. I love that topper!

I had made something similar for mine.

D52F2227-10AD-4F9C-85F8-A3CFDA0F4688 (resized).jpegD52F2227-10AD-4F9C-85F8-A3CFDA0F4688 (resized).jpeg
#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Oh my god get rid of the purple leds!

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing... Looks super nice EXCEPT for that purple GI. And yes I know it's not as bad in person as in pics but purple has no business being in GI.

2 weeks later
#2258 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Much appreciated, don’t think they are the roms I’m after but I’ve asked anyway

Bought mine from hobbyroms.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=MrMikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.