(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Juicerc51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1559 5 years ago

Thunderharley, i have one that i am restoring. Will probably be awhile (month or so) until its ready though. Slammed with work. Currently prepping the cabinet for new decals and paint. Tons of new parts and all leds.

1 month later
#1585 5 years ago

I am nearing the end of completely restoring the cabinet and used new decals. The blue sky on the decals is quite blue. The old color was more sky or lighter blue. I have new chrome legs for the cabinet. Should i powdercoat them or leave them chrome? If i powdercoat them do i match the blue on the new decal or go closer to the lighter blue i see in pictures online?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1587 5 years ago

I rescued this machine. The old legs were in rough shape. The cost for them to prep to powdercoat would be more than another set of legs. The previous owner was obsessed with figurines and glue. I have had to replace almost everything. But its near new condition.

1 week later
#1595 5 years ago

I am installing the head back onto the lower cabinet and I cant recall the orientation or which holes the pivot brackets connect to. Can someone give me a picture if the bottom side of the head when its in the down position?

EDIT: Never mind Figured it out.

1 week later
#1602 5 years ago

im trying to wrap up my restoration and wondering if anyone has Red's Hair. I have had the faces, head backs, hard hats and dozer blade all painted but need the hair.

1 month later
#1723 5 years ago

Looks like Ted had a stroke. Eyebrows are way off too.

5 months later
#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Does anyone know if the square yellow bulldozer blade bumpers are available?

When i was restoring mine i could not find them anywhere. Mine were not too bad so decals worked.

2 months later
#1905 4 years ago

I was able to get a new repro dozer blade from bay area. When restoring my old game I ended up not using it because the color was orangish. I had also bought the last hard hats from marcos they had. In the end I painted the original dozer blade and hard hats to match and keeping the new stuff for stock. I no longer have the game anymore though.

I was not able to find the dozer bumpers anywhere.

3 weeks later
#1928 4 years ago

I have some left over parts if someone is interested. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss pricing.

(2) New Repro Hardhats
New repro dozer blade
Both plastic ramps used (fair-poor condition)
Stripped used playfield (fair-poor condition)

Added over 4 years ago:

Dozer blade gone.

1 month later
#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Hi, has anyone mounted a playfield protector? I like to know which one has to most precise cut outs for RS. Thank you

I used the one thats from germany. It fit well but to be honest I didnt like it. I felt like the ball movement was different. Also, dust and dirt got under it easily. But lifting it to clean under is difficult. I ended up removing it by cutting it up into a bunch of pieces. I would use mylar strategically placed over certain key areas plus cliffys.

2 months later
#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Just picked up a roadshow and I'm troubleshooting a few issues and could use some help.
1) Game won't start after hitting start button. I powered it up today and everything is fine, but when I push the start button it won't start a game and just stays in attract mode. I checked the start button switch and wiring and it looks good and the start button works in switch edge test.
2) I'm getting a credit dot for the "hit red" switch which is the one that I assume triggers when you hit her closed mouth for the millions shot. Where is this switch and how do I access to fix? I see a switch under the playfield in her area but it's a different one per the switch edge test and it works.
3) Ted's eye lids don't always close all the way and curious how to diagnose the issue.
Really appreciate the help

Not sure on the game start problem.

The hit red is a eddy board adjustment.

Eyes closing would be in the small eye reset coil and associated plastic piece. You should be able to take his face off and get a better idea.

5 months later
#2321 3 years ago

I used tower flashers in all flasher locations, color matched inserts with cool white in clear and yellow inserts and warm in orange. I used green on the land locations and blue at the water. 2smd frosted cool white for all GI. I used all non-ghosting as well. I was pretty happy with it. I got all my LEDs from cointaker.

3A2BCB9F-8AB2-407F-9EB5-A115371E2E46 (resized).jpeg3A2BCB9F-8AB2-407F-9EB5-A115371E2E46 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Hey guys. How do you remove the ball detector boards that are under the playfield in front of Red and Ted? It feels like they are held in place with some type of rubber dowel. I don't want to break anything. Thanks!
[quoted image]

When you pull the rubber pieces off it will come out. you may need to clean the area before removing as there may be gunk holding it in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 63.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Juicerc51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=Juicerc51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.