(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiatsRUs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1281 6 years ago

I was having trouble with the sensors in front of the bulldozer losing sensitivity, or quitting altogether, and I had to adjust the pots on the eddy boards frequently to get the sensors working again. I did some Pinside research and it seems that the problem is with the 10K pot on the eddy board getting worn and moving as a result of vibration from game play and the shaker. I replaced the old pots with a type of Bourns potentiometer that requires 25 turns on the adjusting screw to go from 0 to 10K ohms versus about 3/4 of a turn on the old one for the same range. My thinking is that the adjustment is not only more accurate, but they should be much less prone to movement from the shaking. Time will tell but it is working out great so far.

Note that the white goo in the picture is silicone that will be clear when it cures.

IMG_0203 (resized).JPGIMG_0203 (resized).JPG

IMG_0205 (resized).JPGIMG_0205 (resized).JPG

IMG_0206 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPG

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Source/cost of the new pot?

I purchased mine on eBay for $1 each (three required) and a small shipping charge. Be careful with eBay as there are a lot of generic ones that look just like the Bourns package (hopefully I didn't purchase a counterfeit!). I'm sure they would also be available from Digikey and Jameco (I haven't looked). The ones I purchased had the mounting pins all in a row. There is a package with the middle pin offset that might work slightly better for mounting. I had to solder on an extender to the middle pin to get it to the mounting hole (not a big deal).

Please note that if you mount these, you might need to turn the screw counter-clockwise a fair number of turns to get the LED to light. Each turn changes the resistance a relatively small amount since it takes 25 turns to go from 0 to 10K ohms. Once the LED is lit, turn the screw clockwise until it goes out and you should be set.

2 weeks later
#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Today's project is to refurb the coin door . Having a hell of a time finding semi-flat black krylon. Craft store, Home Depot, and target were a no go. Gonna do the 2 step method with barely pressing down on gloss to speckle over the semi flat .

This is a great semi-flat black paint from Menards or Home Depot. About $4 per can.

IMG_0223 (resized).JPGIMG_0223 (resized).JPG

IMG_0224 (resized).JPGIMG_0224 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiatsRUs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=FiatsRUs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.