(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,081 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8019258_0 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ClarkKent.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 9 years ago

I own this game since Nov 2013 and I love it! I think it's one of the best pinball machines ever made! The talking heads are just THAT funny and their ironic and crazy talking commenting each action by the player is just wonderful! I applied several extras like the target decals, LEDs for the pf and bb, painted radio and some other small things. My high score is about 2,500,000,000, even got the Super Payday once!

I just gound this club and saw the eyeball stickers! Wow! Looking great! Would be nice to get some!

3 months later
#318 9 years ago

Just move the right post under the small left flipper finger to the right. Then this should not happen anymore. Or are the rubbers there too weak already?

1 week later
#347 9 years ago

It's certainly a problem with the optical switches for the blade. Once I had that, too. In the test menu it worked flawlessly, in the game it did not work. After replacing the optical sensors all was ok again...

1 month later
#354 8 years ago

I want to remove the left ramp but the long lane diverter on the ramp is in the way. What's the trick to remove it?

#356 8 years ago

How can you leaf the diverter in place? Does it come off with the ramp? The diverter is in the way to remove the plastic ramp!?!?

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

really?? I thought the rod goes through a hole in the ramp and needs to be removed..
Its not that big a deal loosen 1 set screw and pull out the rod

Is the screw reachable from above or from underneath? I only see a E-clip on the rod in about the height of the base of the plastic ramp.

5 months later
#441 8 years ago
Quoted from Bubbatom:

I've had my RS for a good 9 months now as my only pin and it still manages to captivate me despite the amount I've played and the somewhat annoying linearity.
Although I've had it as my only pin for this long, I've only just got into the strategies involved in collecting souvenirs. I find that if I am half way across the country and my game is looking promising, I'll start collecting souvenirs. The more cities visited and the more bonus multipliers the bigger the bonus! I've had bonuses worth upwards of 1 billion and it's really satisfying watching the bonus count add up all of the souvenirs and then multiplying them!

Quick tip: Today I worked out how to get an absurd amount of points out of the Atlanta (Worker Trapped) mode. If the flying rocks is lit during the mode, go for this shot. Then launch the ball to the first hole (5x blast value) and if you can flip the ball from the lower flipper into the blast targets (not hole) then the mode value becomes 5x it's original value. The mode is then worth upwards of 150 million points!

That are really great playing tips! Didn't know that at all! Did you find any further secrets?

1 month later
#454 8 years ago

You are right - it's hard and very rare to get your balls into her mouth!

But if it happens - very very seldom here, too - it's absolutely funny when Red is saying something like: "That's terrible! How can you eat those things?"

1 week later
#464 8 years ago

If somebody is in need of - here is a nice instruction card! I've put a lot of work in it lately...

#465 8 years ago

And if you need some decoration for the flippers (print on transparent film)...

flipperfinger.pdfflipperfinger.pdf

2 weeks later
#468 8 years ago

Just had the game of my life: 5,695,660,950 pts! And a whopping 895,000,000 bonus per ball

2 months later
#495 8 years ago

That's my Radio - regular acrylic paint, regular small brush...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#526 7 years ago

The lock mod is simply a small DMD mounted on the plastic above the upper small flipper which show the status of the lock. Looks nice IMHO.

DSC00002_(resized).JPGDSC00002_(resized).JPG

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

2) Sometimes the ball gets stuck on the inverted V made by the ball guides right to the right of the skill shot hole. There is a post in the middle there with a new rubber, and I bent it slightly out and that seems to help, but I don't want to push it. Anyone else have this happen?

This happens sometimes here too. Only hard nudging can free the ball - but risking a tilt. I even tried to put a bigger rubber in it but the ball still sometimes gets stuck right in the gap between the two ball guides. It seems to be a very slight production tolerance, on one machine it happens on the other not. I just put a grey tape from one side of the ball guide to the other one (so that there is no gap). Now it does not happen anymore...

#530 7 years ago

I remember I paid EUR 65 incl. shipping. But I still have not installed it.

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

The only thing that would make that better is if it looked like this:

message_board_(resized).jpg

I think this would be a little bit too BIG...

2 months later
#593 7 years ago

I'm also looking for the two ramp decals for the right ramp - can somebody provide photos or scans?

3 weeks later
#600 7 years ago

Can somebody tell me the trick how to hit the lower left orange standup-target? I think I never ever hit it.

1 month later
#662 7 years ago

Since some weeks I have a problem with my RS and I really do not know where to start. After a while (first time it appeared after about 30 minutes of playing, while Superpayday and the shaker shaked a lot) it suddenly turned off. Not really a reset where it would turn on again but only off (all lamps, all mechanics). But when I look at the boards all lamps at the CPU or PDB are on (not blinking). When I turn the machine off for a minute and on again it works but then after a minute or so it turns off again. When it was not turned on for some while it could be than I can play a full game without a problem. It seems that the machine produces this problem when it reaches a certain level of heat or similar. It's a mainly revised machine (except boards), LEDs and so on, no additional mods. Where to start? Already pressed the CPU slightly down, pulled and put in again all plugs (boards and transformer), even replaced the CPU-to-PDB-34pin-cable (as I had some contact problems in the past)...

#664 7 years ago

I also think that it's a solder issue. It happened first after heavy shaking of the shaker. The shaker often shakes things loose...

#674 7 years ago

That's new to me. There is one screw on each side from the playfield side. As far as I know this, you can not remove the backboard without removing everything to get to these two screws.

1 year later
#1244 6 years ago

I would only install a PinSound board into my Roadshow if there would be an Endprodukt-like reorchestered original theme available...

1 month later
#1332 6 years ago

I'm having this game in my collection since 2013 but I was never ever able to hit he orange target on the left side at the toll plastic near the small flipper. How can it be hit?

1 month later
#1414 5 years ago

Unfortunately there are no really good apron decals available. Everyone I saw is too blurred and low res could compared to the real one. I think I'll scan mine so that people could ask me for...

4 months later
#1522 5 years ago

I always wondered what Pat was thinking about balls in her mouth...

3 weeks later
#1527 5 years ago

Does anybody have a spare left side cab decal? Only the screen printed one from Phoenix Arcade.

2 months later
#1549 5 years ago

Yesterday I ordered an Dialed In LE which will be side to side to my Roadshow. As I see DI as a direct continuation to RS it fits perfectly! Sold my STTNG for this change, will never sell RS!!!

1 month later
#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from chriz99:

I am new to the club
restoring a nice Road Show with some cool mods, here are some pics for you
cheers
Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the cone for the slings? Nice!

1 month later
#1606 5 years ago

Would be nice to get anything big for hitting Red three times as soon as multiball starts.

And also a lot more than WOW when finished all 18 cities.

2 weeks later
#1652 5 years ago

There should definitely be some kind of big reward and some kind of DMD celebration when you manage to hit Red at start of multiball with all three balls in a row coming out of Bob's bunker. This would be very very satisfying as it's very hard to achieve.

Same or even bigger with shooting into Red's mouth. I own RS for about 5 years now and only managed to shoot into it for maybe 1 or 2 times!

1 week later
#1667 4 years ago

Mine has that, too. I think the first run has these holes as it was planed to add a post there as far as I know. Maybe it would add something to the game placing a post there?

9 months later
#1929 4 years ago

Had a good play tonight - more than 5,298,000,000 points!

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Good score. Do you have the Soren chip. It makes those games much better.

No, unfortunately not. No idea where to get one...

#1934 4 years ago

I know that but no idea where to get a burned ROM replacement

1 week later
#1948 4 years ago

Did anybody record a video playing with the new Soren ROM? Especially the new light show would be interesting - I never ever finished all 18 cities...

9 months later
#2326 3 years ago

Does anybody have an idea how to mechanically dimm LEDs with some kind of foil or similar? I‘m using red and blue leds for the map border but they are so extremely bright that it’s really disturbing - but I like the blue and red border...

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Leave the machine on for several hours, the brightness will die down a bit. LED's tend to cool off a bit over time compared to when they are brand new.

The LEDs are in there for the last 6 years, don’t think they will cool off..

1 week later
#2336 3 years ago

After 6 years owning this game I accomplished Evil Toll Roads the first time! This mission is so extremely hard because of the short time available...

By the way - I never ever hit the target at the left small flipper. I tried a lot but as far as I can tell it’s not possible to hit it. Is there any trick?

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

...that target is best hit during a mode, it always awards you something towards your goal in that mode...and of course to hit it you just let the ball roll down the flipper without flipping it after entering the bunker

No, no, you confuse this the the magic target at the upper left flipper. I mean the target at the small flipper.

#2340 3 years ago

In my opinion it’s impossible to willingly hit this target.

#2350 3 years ago

My new personal highscore 6,125,000,000 points!

1 year later
#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from bush3262:

I’ve had my RS over 4 years and have played it probably thousands of times over that timeframe. However it was only a few days ago that I achieved what for me was the ultimate supreme accomplishment…knocking down all the tollbooths in the Chicago mode. Woohoo! Does anyone else find that task to be next to impossible?

I have this machine since 2013 and I accomplished that mode only once, about half a year ago.

But the most difficult shot is into Red‘s mouth. As far as I remember I only accomplished this once…

3 months later
5 months later
#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm in a similar situation, getting ready for winter projects. Ted has seen better days, a few shiners from getting hit in the face all the time. Does anyone know where I could find Ted's face?

There was a hungarian guy over at flippermarkt.de some time ago offering perfect repros as far as I remember.

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Here's my start of Red's eyes. Still have some work to get it better.[quoted image]

Why don’t you print some on stickers? Easy to remove again to preserve the original print on the eye.

C64F783E-4352-40C8-8DAC-D364EFE91445 (resized).jpegC64F783E-4352-40C8-8DAC-D364EFE91445 (resized).jpeg
#3394 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Wow, it was 5 years ago... Time is flying.

Hehe. Nice!

#3395 1 year ago

Does anybody know where this plastic was intended to be mounted?

22BCD400-30FC-48F4-92C7-72EB80BD4C20 (resized).jpeg22BCD400-30FC-48F4-92C7-72EB80BD4C20 (resized).jpeg
#3396 1 year ago

And I asked this years ago but never got any reply - how in god’s name can this target be hit??

CA5D061D-6CAB-41EF-9C2C-4B6BDE2BA7CC (resized).jpegCA5D061D-6CAB-41EF-9C2C-4B6BDE2BA7CC (resized).jpeg
#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

With the right flipper.
The problem I have is that that target gets knocked up against the post to the left (like the one in your picture is) and gets stuck with the switch closed. I occasionally have to remove the glass to bend the target back to the right and set it free.

I can’t believe this is possible with the right flipper - the tip of the left slingshot is blocking a direct hit?? I tried it for a long time and I tried everything, I’m having this game since 2014 and I never ever managed it to hit it.

Can somebody do a short video showing this trick?

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

Sorry, I think I may have responded too soon...played for a while last night, specifically trying to hit that target with the right flipper, and never succeeded. I guess it's most commonly hit from the right slingshot. That said, it's not a target I ever normally aim to hit...in fact, there are times I'm trying to AVOID it when I'm trying to start a mode in a particular city, and hitting that target would change it.

I think this target was not placed very well. If it’s so extremely hard to hit, the probability is higher to shoot into Red‘s mouth…

11 months later
#3826 5 months ago

Does anybody have right ramp decals #31-2011-1 and #31-2011-2? NOS would be best.

2 months later
#3995 85 days ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Scanned the thread but must have missed it, does anyone have the blue paint code for the legs? I Have all the parts ready to go to the powder coater. Going to replicate the brochure with lock down bar, side rails and hinges painted. I’ve gotten advice on either RAL-5007 Signal Blue or RAL-5017 Traffic Blue, just seeing what the groups comments are?

For Europe this mixture is the correct one:

Glasurit series 90 (2-layer base coat)
M 4 (mixed varnish) 46,53 parts
A 031 (color pastes) 30,52 parts
A 563 (") 21,36 parts
A 640 (") 1,60 parts
-----------------------------------------------------
100,00 parts

Important:
before: underground primer
after: clear coat

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ClarkKent.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site?tu=ClarkKent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.