(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,399 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by monkeyboypaul
  • Topic is favorited by 127 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 620 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210121_112941 (resized).jpg
20210121_112924 (resized).jpg
CDC11DC7-6975-47C5-B4CA-B1A236158B2E (resized).jpeg
0D0389FD-6932-431F-9495-9E700AB18D7E (resized).jpeg
503C9437-2F30-4FF5-8F6A-7C6CC0DFD428 (resized).jpeg
55EE0655-2122-4B36-BD3B-18D27F3DDB84 (resized).jpeg
26EB586F-539A-44C3-8B26-F9F2AD46737C (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20210103_213538290 (resized).jpg
MANDIBLE (resized).jpg
20201127_131816 (resized).jpg
0CCBD941-7422-4DE8-87B1-B4C7ED87184D (resized).jpeg
EC6141D0-4834-424D-9AB1-F2CC5EFF2CB0 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
stops (resized).png
mech (resized).png

There are 2399 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 48.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Question to fellow owners,
If you have done an LED conversion, what color did you change the map lights too?
Has anyone added any spotlights to the middle? I like playing in the dark, but the middle of the playfield looks a bit dark even with the bright white map borders.

i did red, white and blue around the map. (not mixed together, but a few red, then a few white, and then a few blue)

#402 5 years ago

Has anyone added a light inside thier radio? I was putting my pop bumper LEDs in and noticed it lit up really well with putting it back in place. Think it would be a quick, easy but subtle addition.

#403 5 years ago

This is my road show pinball from spain(malaga)this's of my favorites pinballs pachine..
20140815_012948_LLS.jpg

#404 5 years ago

20140815_013001_LLS.jpg20140815_012927_LLS.jpg

#405 5 years ago

I put a light in the radio , I'll take a pic when I get home tonight ...

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

This is my Road Show pinball from spain(malaga)this's of my favorites pinballs pachine..
:D20140815_012948_LLS.jpg

I have RS sitting next to Flintstones too.

#407 5 years ago

My rs has two new friends now!!!!

20150704_144304.jpg

20150704_145623.jpg

#408 5 years ago

A little late, but here is my ghetto blaster 20150713_231901.jpg20150713_231834.jpg

#409 5 years ago

And my homemade topper The hard hats are not nearly that bright ....20150713_232620.jpg

4 weeks later
#410 5 years ago

Does anyone else's machine always default to Salt Shakers as the first souvenir? I have the updated rom, but playing this on Pinball Arcade, the rom they used seems to pick much more random ones...

#411 5 years ago

I usually get a fairly random one though see the box kite or plate with cow on it often. Strange

#412 5 years ago

Does anyone else's machine always default to Salt Shakers as the first souvenir? I have the updated rom, but playing this on Pinball Arcade, the rom they used seems to pick much more random ones...

Mine is always random.

#413 5 years ago

Mine is random too

#414 5 years ago

Any ideas on why mine isn't? Everything else seems to be fine. When I bought it, it had the L4 rom in it, so I bought the L6 but its still constantly starting with the shakers.

Even if I skill shot and earn the shakers, the first souvenior when I get it to Bob's is always the shakers. Maybe I should pull the batteries for a while and let the ram clear.

#415 5 years ago

Any ideas on why mine isn't? Everything else seems to be fine. When I bought it, it had the L4 rom in it, so I bought the L6 but its still constantly starting with the shakers.
Even if I skill shot and earn the shakers, the first souvenior when I get it to Bob's is always the shakers. Maybe I should pull the batteries for a while and let the ram clear.

Is the game set up for tournament play? In some games that will eliminate some things or default to certain things. (Sorry, English no good yet. Still too early.) Check your game to see if it is set to tournament mode or not.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Is the game set up for tournament play? In some games that will eliminate some things or default to certain things. (Sorry, English no good yet. Still too early.) Check your game to see if it is set to tournament mode or not.

Thanks, that was it.

#417 5 years ago

Wow! I finally fixed my bulldozer sensor and it only took me 2 years! Tried adjusting the potmeter on the board (100 times), gluing it in place. Replaced it. And also tried the auto eddy board from pinbits. It still started acting wonky after the game warmed up.
So when I was about to throw the machine in the fireplace I tried replacing the connector from the sensor to the board and that fixed it!
Super happy about it and I've started playing the game non-stop again!

4 weeks later
#418 5 years ago

I've been enjoying the heck out of my table for a few months now. Does anyone else have issues with the ball getting stuck under blast zone flipper? On a few occasions, it has really got wedged in there between the bottom of the flipper when its up and the 2 rubber rings, the flipper stays at EOS and no matter how much you flip it wont come out...

Anyone else have this issue? Should I just deal with it when it happens, or is there a way to prevent it?

#419 5 years ago

Just finished tastefully LEDing my Road Show. Definitely one of my favorite games in my lineup currently.

RS.jpg

I do have one issue I was hoping others could help me out with:

When shooting the left ramp, I'd say one out of every 4ish shots air-balls and gets rejected by the Bridge Out sign. Not only does this suck big time for combos and modes, but I'm sure that I'll smash the plastic to pieces soon enough. Anyone else have this problem ever? Any tips on what I should adjust first?

Game plays fast and smooth, it's the only issue I'm dealing with.

#420 5 years ago

I've been enjoying the heck out of my table for a few months now. Does anyone else have issues with the ball getting stuck under blast zone flipper? On a few occasions, it has really got wedged in there between the bottom of the flipper when its up and the 2 rubber rings, the flipper stays at EOS and no matter how much you flip it wont come out...
Anyone else have this issue? Should I just deal with it when it happens, or is there a way to prevent it?

Yeah this happens to me quite a bit also. Kind of annoying but what I did which works good is adjust the set screw on the flipper shaft so that its resting position is slightly further out so that when its at full actuation the ball has a harder time getting wedged. And if it does get wedged the flipper can still move out and release the ball.

#421 5 years ago

Never happened to me where it wouldn't fall out.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

When shooting the left ramp, I'd say one out of every 4ish shots air-balls and gets rejected by the Bridge Out sign. Not only does this suck big time for combos and modes, but I'm sure that I'll smash the plastic to pieces soon enough. Anyone else have this problem ever?

Damn. I have this problem and I could swear I didn't used to have it. I'm at one in 10 or so, but that's on average so some games 20 shots and it won't happen, then two in a row. I can't figure out a way to fix it either. I didn't think it was an airball, but rather something about the way it's hitting the switch bracket?

#423 5 years ago

Hello Road Show (RS) owners and fans,

I'll be working on an RS soon, and unfortunately the RS is missing the left upper flipper plastic which surrounds the flipper as shown in the picture below (outlined in red lines).

Does anyone have a spare of this plastic that they'd be willing to sell, or can someone please scan their existing plastic in high resolution and send me the file so I can attempt to fashion a replacement? I can send you some money to reimburse you for the time spent in removal, scanning, and reinstallation of this plastic. Just let me know.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Jeff R.

UPDATE: Plastic found! Thank you to all who responded.

Missing_RS_plastic.jpg

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Damn. I have this problem and I could swear I didn't used to have it. I'm at one in 10 or so, but that's on average so some games 20 shots and it won't happen, then two in a row. I can't figure out a way to fix it either. I didn't think it was an airball, but rather something about the way it's hitting the switch bracket?

I'll take a closer look tonight, but I feel like the ball becomes airborne and smashes the front of the bridge out sign. Sucks big time and happens way too often to me. Ends up SDTM off the left ramp more often than not and can kill a great game. Curious if it's just a Massachusetts RS issue

#425 5 years ago

No, it's not, also happens over here in Bavaria....

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Yeah this happens to me quite a bit also. Kind of annoying but what I did which works good is adjust the set screw on the flipper shaft so that its resting position is slightly further out so that when its at full actuation the ball has a harder time getting wedged. And if it does get wedged the flipper can still move out and release the ball.

Yeah, I figured that was the fix, I did it last night, will have to see how it goes. Thanks.

Quoted from mrmark0673:

Just finished tastefully LEDing my Road Show. Definitely one of my favorite games in my lineup currently.
RS.jpg
I do have one issue I was hoping others could help me out with:
When shooting the left ramp, I'd say one out of every 4ish shots air-balls and gets rejected by the Bridge Out sign. Not only does this suck big time for combos and modes, but I'm sure that I'll smash the plastic to pieces soon enough. Anyone else have this problem ever? Any tips on what I should adjust first?
Game plays fast and smooth, it's the only issue I'm dealing with.

Is it leaving the ramp and actually hitting the plastic in the front or hitting the bottom of the sign/switch assembly?

I did find my Bridge out sign was getting loose from the screws stripping out the holes in the ramp, so I replaced the screws with slightly bigger ones, when you brick that shot hard, it does shake the hell out of everything there.

Let me add some content, I recently added a few LED strips lights to a few places, really has brought out some nice details without being eye melting..

dtiVohY.jpg

Used 2 comet 3 led stick on stips on the ball drain, one facing out and one facing down, one on the blast zone hole, one in the start city hole (might switch this to a color one, but had the white left over) and one under the left ramp entry. The spotlights I added look good but stick out too far and florida is in the dark, have been on the lookout for some shorter ones. The pop bumper area looks really blown out in the picture, but its far nicer in person.

#427 5 years ago

Thanks for the tip on that ramp, I'll investigate tonight.

Your LEDs look quit nice, but I would hate losing the GI fading effects.

#428 5 years ago

Just joined the club last night - this is my first Lawlor, really looking forward to getting home from work and getting it set up!
image.jpeg

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Thanks for the tip on that ramp, I'll investigate tonight.
Your LEDs look quit nice, but I would hate losing the GI fading effects.

If you want to keep the fading, but go LED

http://ledocd.com/cart/

I know a lot of people like to keep GI incandescent, but with all the issues these have with the GI connectors burning up, and the plastics getting warped from heat I figured it would be best.

#430 5 years ago

I took a peek at that middle left flipper last night and noticed that when at rest it was laying against the metal plate behind it, but it appears that it really should have like a 1/32" of an inch gap so it when its resting. You can see this gap at the top of the flipper near the pivot point so I think its supposed to be an even the length of the flipper.

More importantly, making this adjustment seems to make it impossible for the ball to get stuck under it anymore.

#432 5 years ago

Noticed something new last night..

occasionally when hitting the right ramp the ball seems to get a little hung up right around the switch that is just to the left of Red. I though it was the switch, but I think whats happening is the diverter arm is opening slightly from the force of the ball, the spring there seems very weak, I can move the diverter with almost no effort, should that be a lot stronger?

#433 5 years ago

Noticed something new last night..
occasionally when hitting the right ramp the ball seems to get a little hung up right around the switch that is just to the left of Red. I though it was the switch, but I think whats happening is the diverter arm is opening slightly from the force of the ball, the spring there seems very weak, I can move the diverter with almost no effort, should that be a lot stronger?

My dad's is pretty easy to move to, but does swing out of the way. Maybe clean up the mechs, and possibly replace the spring?

#434 5 years ago

I should clarify, that I think the diverter is moving when its supposed to be closed, the ball isn't sticking, just being really slowed down. When the bridge out is lit, everything works fine, its just when in a normal state of rest, I think the force of the ball is opening the flap slightly and slowing things down

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hello Road Show (RS) owners and fans,
I'll be working on an RS soon, and unfortunately the RS is missing the left upper flipper plastic which surrounds the flipper as shown in the picture below (outlined in red lines).
Does anyone have a spare of this plastic that they'd be willing to sell, or can someone please scan their existing plastic in high resolution and send me the file so I can attempt to fashion a replacement? I can send you some money to reimburse you for the time spent in removal, scanning, and reinstallation of this plastic. Just let me know.
Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Jeff

Missin

Hey Jeff, I have the plastic you seek. Send me your info and I'll ship it out this week.

John

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Hey Jeff, I have the plastic you seek. Send me your info and I'll ship it out this week.
John

Hello John. I apologize for not posting that a fellow Pinsider came through with this plastic last week. I will alter this post with an "Update: Found". Thank you for the response though.

Jeff

#437 5 years ago

Bay Area Amusements now has silk screened reproduction plastic sets for $159. Here's a link to their site:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-RS31-2014-COMP

I have several used plastics already as "back ups" and only need the long plastic that is on the right hand side of the game behind the blast zone, see the pic below, and it's the one on the top right side in the Bay Area Amusement link. Is anyone on here interested in getting a set and dividing it up?

Road_Show_Plastic.jpg

#438 5 years ago

Just an update on my upper right diverter issue...

Ordered a new spring from Marco, looks totally different from the one that was in there, and much stiffer. Played a few wild games after and the occasional hang up on the right ramp so far is gone.

1 week later
#439 5 years ago

I've had my RS for a good 9 months now as my only pin and it still manages to captivate me despite the amount I've played and the somewhat annoying linearity.
Although I've had it as my only pin for this long, I've only just got into the strategies involved in collecting souvenirs. I find that if I am half way across the country and my game is looking promising, I'll start collecting souvenirs. The more cities visited and the more bonus multipliers the bigger the bonus! I've had bonuses worth upwards of 1 billion and it's really satisfying watching the bonus count add up all of the souvenirs and then multiplying them!

Quick tip: Today I worked out how to get an absurd amount of points out of the Atlanta (Worker Trapped) mode. If the flying rocks is lit during the mode, go for this shot. Then launch the ball to the first hole (5x blast value) and if you can flip the ball from the lower flipper into the blast targets (not hole) then the mode value becomes 5x it's original value. The mode is then worth upwards of 150 million points!

#440 5 years ago

I dropped the subway under Ted to have easier access to replace the the flaky DB3 switch body for the roll over. Now I am trying to re-install the subway the same way I removed it and I am having a problem with the scoop plate (see pic below) not lining up or holding in place. So the ball won't drop below the playfield when shot in Ted's mouth.

20151014215235.jpg

If I remove the subway and put the plate in the position shown above the ball can drop through the hole no problem. Once I install the subway I think it pushes the scoop plate forward or out of place making the ball hole opening smaller.

20151014215814.jpg

I am looking at the inside of the subway and I don't see any slots or holes to line up into. Maybe because it is 1am right now and I've had a pretty long day but I can't seem to figure out what the trick is to this. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance guys.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from Bubbatom:

I've had my RS for a good 9 months now as my only pin and it still manages to captivate me despite the amount I've played and the somewhat annoying linearity.
Although I've had it as my only pin for this long, I've only just got into the strategies involved in collecting souvenirs. I find that if I am half way across the country and my game is looking promising, I'll start collecting souvenirs. The more cities visited and the more bonus multipliers the bigger the bonus! I've had bonuses worth upwards of 1 billion and it's really satisfying watching the bonus count add up all of the souvenirs and then multiplying them!

Quick tip: Today I worked out how to get an absurd amount of points out of the Atlanta (Worker Trapped) mode. If the flying rocks is lit during the mode, go for this shot. Then launch the ball to the first hole (5x blast value) and if you can flip the ball from the lower flipper into the blast targets (not hole) then the mode value becomes 5x it's original value. The mode is then worth upwards of 150 million points!

That are really great playing tips! Didn't know that at all! Did you find any further secrets?

#442 5 years ago

To add to my previous post, I remove Ted's face and back to get a better look inside and this is what I found

20151014225421 (1).jpg

20151014225421.jpg

The scoop is pretty much attached via springs to Ted's jaw. I never removed any screws inside prior to dropping the subway and it looks like the scoop should have two screws to hold it in place seen in the top picture above. Ted has worked flawless for past 4 years and I've never had a ball hang up so. Should I just add some screws to hold it in place and put everything back together? If anyone had any detailed Ted head tear down pics that would be great. Thanks!

#443 5 years ago

The Exploded view from the operations manual shows screws do go in there.

head.PNG

#444 5 years ago

I think I have it figured out now after sleeping on it. What was throwing me off was I didn't remove any hardware except for the 3 wood screws and 1 machine screw from the subway under the playfield. The machine screw from the subway goes thru a T-nut and above the playfield behind where the scoop is suppose to sit. The end of the screw does protrude where the scoop's screw holes would mount. There looks to be enough thread for a nut to holding the scoop in place via middle notch and I must not have heard it drop when I removed the subway. I notice there are two other t-nuts which line up to the holes on the metal scoop bracket so I am going to stop by Fastnel on my way home to get the proper hardware and secure it properly.

Thanks for the exploded view even though it is of Red purplemunkydishw I was scratching my head looking at the exploded view of Ted last night but I guess it was late and my mind wasn't functioning properly. I did lose sleep as you can see after I went to lay down in bed for about 15-20 mins I had to run back down and quickly remove the Ted's face and back to get a better look inside the head to see what was going on. It bugs me when a game is down and my friend's even joke about me losing sleep over credit dots.

#445 5 years ago

Here are the 2 mods I added...

27.JPG
26.JPG

1 week later
#446 5 years ago

Was playing last night, and had a weird issue, randomly here and there the game didn't want to kick the ball out when it went into the blast zone hole to the start city hole, the game would start a ball search and it would kick out. Wasn't 100% of the time. What should I look at?

#447 5 years ago

Was playing last night, and had a weird issue, randomly here and there the game didn't want to kick the ball out when it went into the blast zone hole to the start city hole, the game would start a ball search and it would kick out. Wasn't 100% of the time. What should I look at?

Do a switch edge test, and drop a few balls down there. Sounds like a flakey switch to me.

#448 5 years ago

Check the switch in the blast zone

(Edit: beat me by 20 seconds!)

#449 5 years ago

Well, ordered a few replacement switches and they came in, went to go put it on my flaky blast zone and found the wires were not actually soldered, just wrapped around the connector....

Another present from the operator I bought it from.

#450 5 years ago

My Road Show is a little bit different than most...
Some pinball history here, goes with this photo, perhaps for another time.

Roadshow_Heads.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brook Park, OH
There are 2399 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 48.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside