(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 82.
#3651 10 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

In test mode,after the switches test is one for coils (solenoids). You can test them all in order, or,one specific. The coin door has to be closed on this test.

yes, I ran that test as well with the coin door switch depressed. The selenoid did not fire as it should.

#3652 10 months ago
Quoted from Deejmer:

yes, I ran that test as well with the coin door switch depressed. The selenoid did not fire as it should.

Either you had a wire break off of that
Solenoid or you have multiple solenoids not working and have a fuse blown.

#3653 10 months ago

For those of you that may be interested - Ron has a NOS playfield available -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/64#post-7605636

#3654 10 months ago

Picked up a nice dirty RS 2 weeks ago. Went through all the errors and got it all working 100% then straight into a top side tear down and shop job. I don't have a lot of time on RS because I always knew I wanted to buy one at some point so learning the rules finally.

Already have the new code chip just haven't installed it yet until I get a good understanding of the original code then I'll understand the updates better.

A few upgrades went in during the shop job, Comet 2SMD Sunlight LED's for the most part some of the inserts are color matched and some of the white inserts I went with Cool White instead. Added 7 smd Cool white led strips under each ramp to give the yellow a nice pop. Added 3 smd Warm White led strips under the hardhats to light them up a little. Added a single Cool White spot light on the lower left sling already I'll probably do the right sling also. Last add was the New Radio Decal set to make the stock radio look better, I think that came out great really good quality on the stickers also very tacky. I need to print out some apron cards but that's it for it now.

Really enjoying RS and learning the rules finally, RS show is what I lost on in the last Pinburgh D Division finals on because I had no idea what to do then

20230606_233015 (resized).jpg20230606_233015 (resized).jpg20230606_202242 (resized).jpg20230606_202242 (resized).jpg20230606_233022_HDR (resized).jpg20230606_233022_HDR (resized).jpg20230606_202306 (resized).jpg20230606_202306 (resized).jpg20230606_201348 (resized).jpg20230606_201348 (resized).jpg20230606_202234 (resized).jpg20230606_202234 (resized).jpg20230531_194958 (resized).jpg20230531_194958 (resized).jpg
#3655 10 months ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Picked up a nice dirty RS 2 weeks ago. Went through all the errors and got it all working 100% then straight into a top side tear down and shop job. I don't have a lot of time on RS because I always knew I wanted to buy one at some point so learning the rules finally.
Already have the new code chip just haven't installed it yet until I get a good understanding of the original code then I'll understand the updates better.
A few upgrades went in during the shop job, Comet 2SMD Sunlight LED's for the most part some of the inserts are color matched and some of the white inserts I went with Cool White instead. Added 7 smd Cool white led strips under each ramp to give the yellow a nice pop. Added 3 smd Warm White led strips under the hardhats to light them up a little. Added a single Cool White spot light on the lower left sling already I'll probably do the right sling also. Last add was the New Radio Decal set to make the stock radio look better, I think that came out great really good quality on the stickers also very tacky. I need to print out some apron cards but that's it for it now.
Really enjoying RS and learning the rules finally, RS show is what I lost on in the last Pinburgh D Division finals on because I had no idea what to do then
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Just throw that new code in there now. It's so much better going through the modes. I wouldn't keep this game without the new code.

#3656 10 months ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! It's a fun game.

#3657 10 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Congrats! It's a fun game.

it is a great game...pinsound is a great upgrade...some great sound mixes out there...

#3658 10 months ago

Nice RS pickup, it really is a fun game! Curious where you found the radio decal set? If it's available to purchase, I certainly would be interested.

#3659 10 months ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Nice RS pickup, it really is a fun game! Curious where you found the radio decal set? If it's available to purchase, I certainly would be interested.

That decal is available on ebay (I am not affiliated with Classic Arcade) or I offer a painted radio option.

Painted and light radio option: ebay.com link: itm [I would make to order at this point (red or yellow).]

Decals: ebay.com link: itm

#3660 10 months ago

PTHermes, Thank you for the eBay links regarding the radio decals!

#3661 10 months ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Picked up a nice dirty RS 2 weeks ago. Went through all the errors and got it all working 100% then straight into a top side tear down and shop job.

Congrats and welcome. My all time favorite game. Play it daily. New code is great. Makes it more fun with the "randomized" cities. However if you go for skill shots like me you'll always start with New York City! Check my collection. If I could keep only one game it would be RS.

2 weeks later
#3662 10 months ago

I'm working on a new interactive topper design for Road Show. This is made from real barricade lights, cut down to be shorter, so parts are costly. I need to finish the circuit to get the barricade lights to trigger off both bride out sign, but should be ready for a small run in a few weeks for $200 + Shipping. Please DM me to be put on an interest list.

20230625_145738 (resized).jpg20230625_145738 (resized).jpg20230625_150323_AdobeExpress (resized).png20230625_150323_AdobeExpress (resized).png

Added 9 months ago:

Pricing is no longer valid - need to increase price to cover the barricade flashers

#3663 10 months ago

Couple questions on the multi-ball.

1. The first time I get multi-ball, it just plays the music without words. If I get multi-ball a second time, then the song plays with words. Is this correct?

2. Once I qualify the lock by hitting the bulldozer through Friday, lock remains lit until I lock two balls (unless I'm in a City mode). Is there a way to have to hit the bulldozer again between the locks? i.e. Bulldozer thru Friday, lock ball #1, then Bulldozer thru Friday again before locking ball #2.

#3664 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

2. Once I qualify the lock by hitting the bulldozer through Friday, lock remains lit until I lock two balls (unless I'm in a City mode). Is there a way to have to hit the bulldozer again between the locks? i.e. Bulldozer thru Friday, lock ball #1, then Bulldozer thru Friday again before locking ball #2.

My game requires hitting the bulldozer again between the locks. I believe it is:
A.2 09 Weeks To Lock 2
The number of weeks the player has to complete before the game lights lock 2.
Settings: 0 or 1 Week

#3665 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Couple questions on the multi-ball.
1. The first time I get multi-ball, it just plays the music without words. If I get multi-ball a second time, then the song plays with words. Is this correct?

The difficulty to qualify gets harder after each multiball. Default is 2nd multiball, two weeks, third multiball, two weeks and you have to hit the blade twice for each day to qualify. Adjust to your liking.

2 weeks later
#3666 9 months ago

Swapped for a road show Project. Excited to dig in. Lots to do, but glad to join the club.

I seem to be missing the apron. I have an extra fish tales apron , but I’m not sure that will work. Have to look at it a bit more.

43CE5761-A17B-458B-ADB5-8EB8AF642ED0 (resized).jpeg43CE5761-A17B-458B-ADB5-8EB8AF642ED0 (resized).jpeg
#3667 9 months ago

Can anyone help me with a backboard diverter assembly?
I have the backboard and coil only

#3668 9 months ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Swapped for a road show Project. Excited to dig in. Lots to do, but glad to join the club.
I seem to be missing the apron. I have an extra fish tales apron , but I’m not sure that will work. Have to look at it a bit more. [quoted image]

Road Show aprons are notoriously prone to corrosion under the paint. Many examples have bubbled or flaking paint. Your original one may have been to far gone or sold as parts to someone else who needed one. Not sure what the story is. Seems to have been a bad batch of aprons that only affected this one game.

#3669 9 months ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I seem to be missing the apron. I have an extra fish tales apron , but I’m not sure that will work. Have to look at it a bit more. [quoted image]

And most importantly. Welcome to the club. My all time (currently) favorite game!

#3670 9 months ago

Anyone interested in a topper? Interactive with game. Flashes at startup as well.

Im open to offers. Im not selling for $200, but I also realize this isn’t a $1,000 topper. Open to offers via DM as well as communal debate on the value.

IMG_6152 (resized).jpegIMG_6152 (resized).jpeg
#3671 9 months ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Anyone interested in a topper? Interactive with game. Flashes at startup as well.
Im open to offers. Im not selling for $200, but I also realize this isn’t a $1,000 topper. Open to offers via DM as well as communal debate on the value. [quoted image]

$210.00?

#3672 9 months ago

Anyone know where this purple cabled connector goes??

IMG_9440 (resized).jpegIMG_9440 (resized).jpegIMG_9441 (resized).jpegIMG_9441 (resized).jpeg
#3673 9 months ago

Ignore me! It’s the GI lamp directed at Ted’s face

#3674 9 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Road Show aprons are notoriously prone to corrosion under the paint. Many examples have bubbled or flaking paint. Your original one may have been to far gone or sold as parts to someone else who needed one. Not sure what the story is. Seems to have been a bad batch of aprons that only affected this one game.

I have the bubbling & flaking that you describe. A previous owner tried to repair it, including using some black electrical tape in certain spots. but it's not great, and it's on my "fix it someday" list.

Any ideas on a permanent fix / replacement for the apron?

#3675 9 months ago

Topper, shooter rods, and cup holder available.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Topper in excellent condition. Interactive with game via alligator clip on motor beneath playfield. Price includes shipping. Very easy to install. I also have a pair of road s...”
2023-08-28
Grand Rapids, MI
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 252 times

Pair of shooters: $95 shipped to you (over 50% of online price from super skill shot shooters)

IMG_6314 (resized).pngIMG_6314 (resized).pngIMG_6315 (resized).pngIMG_6315 (resized).png
#3676 9 months ago

Can anyone share pictures of their #roadshow backbox plugs ? I have to rewire everything.

The closer you can get to the wires for color, the better.

3EA9B7B7-3025-4E43-ACE8-D2398BF03E2A (resized).jpeg3EA9B7B7-3025-4E43-ACE8-D2398BF03E2A (resized).jpeg
#3677 9 months ago

If you have the manual, there's a few pages in it where all the connector pinouts and wire colors are described, very helpful (as mine were all hacked up). But here's some pics

IMG_0301 (resized).JPGIMG_0301 (resized).JPGIMG_0302 (resized).JPGIMG_0302 (resized).JPGIMG_0303 (resized).JPGIMG_0303 (resized).JPGIMG_0304 (resized).JPGIMG_0304 (resized).JPGIMG_0305 (resized).JPGIMG_0305 (resized).JPGIMG_0306 (resized).JPGIMG_0306 (resized).JPGIMG_0307 (resized).JPGIMG_0307 (resized).JPGIMG_0308 (resized).JPGIMG_0308 (resized).JPGIMG_0309 (resized).JPGIMG_0309 (resized).JPGIMG_0310 (resized).JPGIMG_0310 (resized).JPG
#3678 9 months ago

koen12344 i
Used your images to get the layout for the wires right and then found the pdf of the manual and am now checking all the connectors , thank you!

#3679 9 months ago

I joined the club this weekend. Loving it.

I am having a problem with my bulldozer.
Eddy boards work fine, but the blade interrupter doesn't.

When I got it the board was just intermittent. Went crazy during the dozer test firing off the switches.
I just bought the replacement board on Marco and now I can't get it to work at all.
In dozer test both "up" and "down" have the "x" in their boxes. In switch test they both show as open.
I broke the leads on my multimeter so I can test at the moment but the resistors on the board are hot.
I can also see the ir emitters working on the board with my cell camera.
Also have checked all switches in the same column and rows.
And finally, before bed I plugged in the old board and could get the switches to go crazy again.

#3680 9 months ago

Tyr this thread. I've had the same issue and for me it was an easy fix.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-dozer-up-and-down-bug

#3681 9 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Tyr this thread. I've had the same issue and for me it was an easy fix.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-dozer-up-and-down-bug

Thanks for reaching out.
Unfortunately that thread doesn't involve the same problem I'm having.
Eddy switches are fine, no phantom hits. No up and down movement during game at all.

My issue is I have power at my new blade interrupt board but no output to the matrix row to tell the CPU the optos are opening and closing. Same behavior in dozer test and in-game.
I don't think it's the 12v because I can see the LED's light with my phone camera and both the trough opto board and the motor work normally.

#3682 9 months ago

As a side issue; does anyone have a link to the proper spring that holds the dozer arm to the cam? I can't seem to find it in the manual and mines missing.

#3683 9 months ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

As a side issue; does anyone have a link to the proper spring that holds the dozer arm to the cam? I can't seem to find it in the manual and mines missing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/72#post-7389892

#3684 9 months ago

Maybe it’s not a side issue. The spring may have slipped off and now lays somewhere on the playfield or in the bottom of the cabinet.

#3685 9 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone help me with a backboard diverter assembly?
I have the backboard and coil only

I have many parts from a Roadshow project that I ended up parting out many years ago. Let me know what specific parts you need (part numbers) and I'll check if I have them.

#3686 9 months ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Maybe it’s not a side issue. The spring may have slipped off and now lays somewhere on the playfield or in the bottom of the cabinet.

Spring doesn't have effect on the electrical operation of the blade interrupt board.
I have new meter leads coming in tonight and I'll check voltages.
Knowing that the board isn't the end of the daisy-chain of the column or either rows, and knowing that the other switches on that column and rows test ok leads me to believe it's the connector or the board.
And again, the old flakey board does operate when plugged in.
The new board appears to get +12 and ground for the LED power. Running it over in my head I'm thinking that the diodes on the PCB could be mounted backwards, but that seems unlikely out of the box. Thanks for the replies everyone.

#3687 9 months ago

Ok, as an update my multimeter leads came in this evening. I test 13.9v between pins 1 and 2 for the 12v line on the interrupt board. LED transmitters are still lit as far as my cell phone camera can see.
I don't think I'm testing diodes correctly as I can't get beep test from leg to leg but do have continuity between the discharge side of both diodes which is correct.
No beep in between the column and rows of the connector either.

#3688 9 months ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

Ok, as an update my multimeter leads came in this evening. I test 13.9v between pins 1 and 2 for the 12v line on the interrupt board. LED transmitters are still lit as far as my cell phone camera can see.
I don't think I'm testing diodes correctly as I can't get beep test from leg to leg but do have continuity between the discharge side of both diodes which is correct.
No beep in between the column and rows of the connector either.

Check the diodes on the other switches in the row or column that both optos are in. Mine had a janky connection to a switch from the coin door interface board that caused both to show open

#3689 9 months ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I have many parts from a Roadshow project that I ended up parting out many years ago. Let me know what specific parts you need (part numbers) and I'll check if I have them.

Thank you so much for replying - PM sent

#3690 9 months ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

What are you using to trigger the lights?

#3691 9 months ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

What are you using to trigger the lights?

I am creating a topper which will trigger with the Bridge out ramp lights, and also have a constant always on LED to light up the center sign. Will be ready in the next couple of weeks. Let me know if you're interested. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/74#post-7639869

#3692 9 months ago

I really need some parts to complete my game if anyone has parted out a machine or has spares
A-19050 Flying rocks diverter arm
A-19169 shaker motor assembly
A-18948 (consists of a number of seperate parts but I need the entire assembly)
10-408 Spring

#3693 9 months ago

How do you guys have your bottom main flippers positioned? I am having a hard time hitting Ted. There doesn’t seem to be anything on the playfield to go off of for adjustment.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3694 9 months ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

How do you guys have your bottom main flippers positioned? I am having a hard time hitting Ted. There doesn’t seem to be anything on the playfield to go off of for adjustment.
[quoted image]

Is it flipper strength or angle of shot? Ted is straight up. Your flippers look like mine. I can hit Ted all day from either flipper from cradle or roll. Curious.

#3695 9 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Is it flipper strength or angle of shot? Ted is straight up. Your flippers look like mine. I can hit Ted all day from either flipper from cradle or roll. Curious.

I can hit from a cradle not a roll. Strength is great. Just the angle. Maybe I need to bring flippers up a bit.

#3696 9 months ago

I can hit from a cradle not a roll. Strength is great. Just the angle. Maybe I need to bring flippers up a bit.

Here's a flipper pic from my game. Kinda looks like the left is slightly higher than right. I eyeballed it when I rebuilt the flippers last year. Shoots great. Can hit all shots.

IMG_1687 (resized).jpegIMG_1687 (resized).jpeg
#3697 9 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Here's a flipper pic from my game. Kinda looks like the left is slightly higher than right. I eyeballed it when I rebuilt the flippers last year. Shoots great. Can hit all shots. [quoted image]

Thank you! Yeah looks like I def need to raise mine a bit. Sagging some. Thanks again.

#3698 9 months ago

[quoted image]

Taking a second look at your pic and comparing to mine it does look like yours are drooping somewhat.

#3699 9 months ago

I use a small machinest type straight edge and align them using the ball guides as a guide

#3700 9 months ago

On my machine the ball gets stopped up by Ted's head in the Flying Rocks plunge. I have it pretty level and about 7 degrees steep, what can I adjust to not have to shake the ball loose every time?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.