(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 82.
#3601 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I have a few strange issues to try and solve on my Roadshow. Would be grateful for any advice on what to check.
3. Red's eye are not moving. Eyelids are working fine.

The eyes are connected to a piece that breaks - Marco lists it as "CRANK ARM NYLON WITH RIVETS" there should be 2 little wire pieces that connect it to the eyes (I found mine in the bottom of the cabinet).

You can 3D print it for free or buy a replacement.
3D printable Crank Arm
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3735982
Crank Arm
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19258
Eye link wire:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7239

2 weeks later
#3603 1 year ago

I've bitten the bullet and ordered a Color DMD. Anybody have any tips or tricks (or cautionary tales) prior to me installing this thing in a few days?

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I've bitten the bullet and ordered a Color DMD. Anybody have any tips or tricks (or cautionary tales) prior to me installing this thing in a few days?

Pretty straight forward install, I recommend either bringing a laptop to your machine, or printing out the instructions for your first install. After the install you can pull the 2 fuses from the DMD high-power section as an extra precaution.

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

If it is a LCD it will be larger so you have to be careful to follow the instructions for proper alignment. Also make sure not to have any speaker wires in the way near the foam seal around the window of the dmd. I broke the LCD screen one time when I didn't clear out the wires for the speakers. A small zip tie was attached to the wires and cracked the screen when I secured it to the panel. Other than that it is a pretty simple install. Color DMDs are great. You won't be disappointed.

#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

If it is a LCD it will be larger so you have to be careful to follow the instructions for proper alignment. Also make sure not to have any speaker wires in the way near the foam seal around the window of the dmd. I broke the LCD screen one time when I didn't clear out the wires for the speakers. A small zip tie was attached to the wires and cracked the screen when I secured it to the panel. Other than that it is a pretty simple install. Color DMDs are great. You won't be disappointed.

Damn the price has gone up a bit on them since I last purchased one

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Damn the price has gone up a bit on them since I last purchased one

Yeah, to the point where I don't think they are worth it anymore. Sure colorDMD's look awesome. I installed one in my RS once I lost the bottom and top lines. I just picked up a Flinstones that had one in it. Looks great there too. RS isn't leaving my collection. Flinstones I haven't decided yet. But if Flintstones does leave it will leave with a orange swap from my NGG or Fastbreak.

#3608 1 year ago

ColorDMD update…installation was a snap. It looked real good in Black & White. When I did the firmware update, the board would never get to “done.” The Init light would stay on, the screen wouldn’t even light up. After multiple attempts I went through the trouble shooting steps. One of the steps asks you to remove the video cable from the screen, and do a reboot. That’s when I noticed that I had a bad connector. There was no “pull-down” bar. So, they’re sending me a new cable.

On the good side, it did allow me to update the firmware, and finally got the “done” light. I just can’t see the fruits of my labor.

IMG_6530 (resized).jpegIMG_6530 (resized).jpeg
#3609 1 year ago

April's Fools Weekend Sale for Road Show Decals

You can check pics in this thread from 5 years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/26#post-4189826

$15 instead of $20 and if you are quick enough you get free shipping using this limited code.
4W36-Y5NJ-2ZQN-7E8M

#3610 1 year ago

ColoDMD update - success!!!

After having numerous issues, and with the help of the fine folks at ColorDMD, my RS is good to go. They bent over backwards to help. First they sent my a new LVDS cable. Did not help. Then they sent me a new controller board. Bingo!! I’m up and running!!

Which resolution setting do y’all use?

#3611 1 year ago

Well I was about to write a post about the mode where you hit both buttons when you see uranium sign. I have heard mention of this mode in the thread but had never seen it. Well I saw it today. The sign was there and then I hit both buttons and nothing happened. The next ball I hit that shot again and the sign was there twice in a row. Never seen it before and now twice in a row? This time I waited until it started doing the animation and hit both buttons. Bingo. It worked. Three million per shot. Next game. Bingo again! What are the odds. Have had this game for just over a year and have never seen it. Then the chance happens three times in four games?

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Bingo. It worked.

As soon as Bob's comes up I hit the buttons just out of habit (without looking to see if uranium is there).

#3613 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

As soon as Bob's comes up I hit the buttons just out of habit (without looking to see if uranium is there).

Don't you have to hit the both buttons three times? Or is it just once?

#3614 1 year ago

Yup, 3x.

#3615 1 year ago

Construction mania!

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Don't you have to hit the both buttons three times? Or is it just once?

Ah ha! Three times. That explains my experience. Thanks all. Great mode.

1 week later
#3617 1 year ago

Progressing further on my Roadshow restoration, confused as to which coils go on the middle left and top left flippers. I have 1 green and 1 yellow
Also any leads on where to get the spring that holds the bulldozer blade to the motor 10-408 spring, all vendors seem to be sold out

#3618 1 year ago

The top coil is dressed in a stunning yellow, and looking magnificent in a classic white is the middle flipper.

IMG_1349 (resized).jpegIMG_1349 (resized).jpegIMG_1350 (resized).jpegIMG_1350 (resized).jpeg
#3619 1 year ago

looking at mine, Top left is Yellow, Middle left is green.

0296BE26-5C4C-4A45-A0E3-D0D2D454C8FC (resized).jpeg0296BE26-5C4C-4A45-A0E3-D0D2D454C8FC (resized).jpeg
#3620 1 year ago
Quoted from Zero_Hour:

looking at mine, Top left is Yellow, Middle left is green.[quoted image]

Thank you thought middle was green

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thank you thought middle was green

It SHOULD BE_ listed in the manual.

#3622 1 year ago

Hmm, well good to know. Works great. That’s how I bought it.
Next weekends project I guess.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It SHOULD BE_ listed in the manual.

Now to find that elusive spring for the bulldozer, any leads at all? 10-408 is the part number

#3624 1 year ago

I picked up a project Roadshow. I'm missing the apron & both shooter gauges. I could probably use Red's face and hair if anyone has that too. Any leads appreciated.

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from DorkInAbox:

I picked up a project Roadshow. I'm missing the apron & both shooter gauges. I could probably use Red's face and hair if anyone has that too. Any leads appreciated.

The shooter gauges are attached the apron so you just need the apron. Lots of aprons corroded under the paint. Maybe what happened to yours. I could use a new one as well. I know the decals are available. I haven't seen a full apron yet.

#3626 1 year ago

I am having a problem the sound on my Roadshow. It starts fine, but after about 5 games or so the sound effects / voices start dropping out and it's only playing the music. The sound will eventually cut out completely. I tried reseating the ribbon cables, but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem as it's just cut out again.

#3627 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I am having a problem the sound on my Roadshow. It starts fine, but after about 5 games or so the sound effects / voices start dropping out and it's only playing the music. The sound will eventually cut out completely. I tried reseating the ribbon cables, but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem as it's just cut out again.

Try reflowing the pins that those ribbon cables plug into. They’re very small so be careful not to bridge 2 pins. But that cable is where the sound data comes from.

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

While you are in the backbox, reseat the sound roms. Take a small flathead screwdriver and get behind the roms and pry them a millimeter on each side. Don't remove them from their sockets but just enough to move them. Then press them firmly back in. Who knows, maybe that might help too.

#3629 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

One thing I would try if you have some freeze spray is to hit U20, the AD1851 Digital to Analog Converter (DAC), once the problem is evident and see if the audio comes back. If you don't have any freeze spray, you can use canned air (i.e. for cleaning computer keyboards, etc.) where you invert the can when you spray and it will achieve a very similar effect to using freeze spray.

#3630 12 months ago

Does anyone have the skills to recreate the "ROAD BUSTERS" logo from Red and Ted's shirts into a file I can have made into an 8" tall sticker? Looking to make a custom topper.

20230426_062210 (resized).jpg20230426_062210 (resized).jpg

#3631 12 months ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Does anyone have the skills to recreate the "ROAD BUSTERS" logo from Red and Ted's shirts into a file I can have made into an 8" tall sticker? Looking to make a custom topper.
[quoted image]

Does anyone have the skills to make "ROAD BUSTERS" t-shirts? I'm in.

#3632 12 months ago

Does anyone have a pic of what the dual diverter assembly is supposed to look like? Manual only shows the below

E6FB740E-E824-48CF-9168-125010271129 (resized).jpegE6FB740E-E824-48CF-9168-125010271129 (resized).jpeg
#3633 12 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone have a pic of what the dual diverter assembly is supposed to look like? Manual only shows the below
[quoted image]

ebay.com link: itm

#3634 12 months ago

Okay, good news is I have all the parts on that assembly. Next assembly I do not have the parts, anyone have the back panel coil bracket and diverter? I only have the below bits so a full assembly would be great

thumbnail_image0 (2) (resized).jpgthumbnail_image0 (2) (resized).jpg
#3635 12 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay, good news is I have all the parts on that assembly. Next assembly I do not have the parts, anyone have the back panel coil bracket and diverter? I only have the below bits so a full assembly would be great
[quoted image]

I may have a complete backboard

#3636 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

The shooter gauges are attached the apron so you just need the apron. Lots of aprons corroded under the paint. Maybe what happened to yours. I could use a new one as well. I know the decals are available. I haven't seen a full apron yet.

Mikonos is working on the artwork for the Road Show apron at the moment.
I have scanned my apron and he is working on it. I guess he can offer the decals shortly.

By the way I reached out to Mikonos because the decal set that I bought online was just too poor to apply...
https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62777759

#3637 11 months ago

Hi everyone, i'm looking for new hair for my little Red.

Do you know where i can find some?

Cheers from Belgium

#3638 11 months ago

I wasn't able to secure a new backboard bracket with diverter or a diverter for the flying rocks mech - anyone have either of those?

#3639 11 months ago

So, a first for me. I fired up the machine for the first time today and I get a “Test Report” message. Pinball Missing. Sure enough, only three in the trough. I scoured the playfield and there wasn’t a ball stuck anywhere. I checked all of the VUKs, nothing. I looked at the bottom of the cab, zilch. I even gave Red and Ted a dental exam, nada. Flabbergasted, I lowered the playfield and heard that familiar “ball” sound. But could find no missing ball. With the playfield sitting on the slides, I sat in a chair next to the shooter lane. Out of sheer luck, I look to my right and see this. I have no clue how it got there.

IMG_6791 (resized).jpegIMG_6791 (resized).jpeg
#3640 11 months ago

Wouldn’t come close to fitting there on my machine. Might need to have a look at the apron fit maybe.

1 week later
#3641 11 months ago

Hello owners, I'm excited to have joined the club last week! I had a couple questions as I am going through the game.

There is no playfield wear; should I preemptively mylar the fish area / scoop eject?

Should all of the standups have foam behind them? My 3 radio targets and the left loop standup don't have them (pictured below). Wasn't sure if this was by design or not.

PXL_20230516_025827099 (resized).jpgPXL_20230516_025827099 (resized).jpgPXL_20230516_025850269 (resized).jpgPXL_20230516_025850269 (resized).jpg
#3643 11 months ago

Thank you! A couple more that slipped my mind.

I have a Cliffy on the Start City scoop. What about the blast zone hole? Anybody do anything there?

I understand that I should be able to trap the ball with the left mini flipper, but on my game I can't. The ball slips through. Any adjustment tips for this?

#3644 11 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

What about the blast zone hole?

Yes! I have the Cliffy Blasting Zone Repair Kit.

#3645 11 months ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Yes! I have the Cliffy Blasting Zone Repair Kit.

Thank you; I was under the impression that this was only to be used when damage already exists. From Cliffy's site:

"The Blasting Zone repair kit is intended ONLY for use on games with wood loss. It will not fit on games without damage, unless you are willing to remove some wood at the back of the post hole"

So, just leave well enough alone with that? Any other thoughts?

#3646 11 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thank you; I was under the impression that this was only to be used when damage already exists. From Cliffy's site:
"The Blasting Zone repair kit is intended ONLY for use on games with wood loss. It will not fit on games without damage, unless you are willing to remove some wood at the back of the post hole"
So, just leave well enough alone with that? Any other thoughts?

Yes, leave it alone. It’s for games where the post nearest the start city scoop has been blasted off from repeated hits combined with very thin wood.

#3647 11 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

It’s for games where the post nearest the start city scoop has been blasted off from repeated hits combined with very thin wood.

Yep - my post was history!

1 week later
#3648 11 months ago

A more realistic Dynamite mod for your Blasting Zone!
I was asked if I would make a few, then realized how long these things take to print without failures (I got a little carried away with the detail on the wick).
The Sticks are 3d-printed in Carmine Red PETG (a sparkly red) and the Bands & Wicks are both 3d-printed in Jet Black PETG.
I've got a few extras for fellow Road Show owners, so PM me if you'd like one. $45 shipped.

IMG_1843 (resized).PNGIMG_1843 (resized).PNGPinside_forum_7379631_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7379631_0 (resized).jpg
#3649 10 months ago

Hi guys, I've owned my Road Show for over a year, and fixed a number of things, including a Ted rebuild. My current issue is my ball goes into the Start City scoop but it doesn't kick out. In testing mode the switch tests out fine, but the selenoid does not. Anyone know the steps to troubleshoot the scoop selenoid? I'm still learning and appreciate your patience.

#3650 10 months ago
Quoted from Deejmer:

Hi guys, I've owned my Road Show for over a year, and fixed a number of things, including a Ted rebuild. My current issue is my ball goes into the Start City scoop but it doesn't kick out. In testing mode the switch tests out fine, but the selenoid does not. Anyone know the steps to troubleshoot the scoop selenoid? I'm still learning and appreciate your patience.

In test mode,after the switches test is one for coils (solenoids). You can test them all in order, or,one specific. The coin door has to be closed on this test.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.