(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 82.
#2951 2 years ago

Was able to sort out the dozer issue which means I now have a 100% RS! Can’t believe I didn’t seek one of these out before. Seriously fun!

#2952 2 years ago

I just saw a local road show. Would be my second machine. Ted and Red totally rebuilt, he changed the gears from plastic to metal, mechanically it looks great. Tiny playfield wear by the city pop out. Cabinet with mild wear. Only question, he said occasional fuse will blow????? I didn’t ask details, didn’t sound like a regular issue. I saw one connector with minimal burn. We agreed $4,300. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from MyParagon1979:

I just saw a local road show. Would be my second machine. Ted and Red totally rebuilt, he changed the gears from plastic to metal, mechanically it looks great. Tiny playfield wear by the city pop out. Cabinet with mild wear. Only question, he said occasional fuse will blow????? I didn’t ask details, didn’t sound like a regular issue. I saw one connector with minimal burn. We agreed $4,300. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Would need more info to be of any help. Which fuse would be a good starting point

#2954 2 years ago

Really hard to know what the problem is with that limited description.

I have a wh2o where one specific fuse for the DMD sometimes goes out. The only thing that happen is the DMD goes black and everything else works so I just change fuse and continue playing. This happens maybe once every half year so It doesn't really bother me.

If fuses are popping often in the game you're looking at then that would ofc be a completely different issue that need to be fixed.

#2955 2 years ago

Fish wear is very normal for this game. Decals can be bought if they’re still available.

#2956 2 years ago

Thanks!
This is all great feedback.
I’ll ask him about the fuse situation today.
He seems a really cool guy, we agreed on price, and I’ll pick up next weekend. He took off the listing and said if I have second thoughts no worries, haven’t paid him yet. Solid dude!
How about the Ted rebuild? He took off all the ramps to get him out, then rebuilt Ted with metal gears to remove the plastic. All solenoids replaced. I know this is a difficult question, but what’s that worth? I’m figuring that’s huge for a Road Show. Hours and hours of work. Is $4,300 in this current market a fair price? With moderate cabinet wear.

#2957 2 years ago

Thanks!
This is all great feedback.
I’ll ask him about the fuse situation today.
He seems a really cool guy, we agreed on price, and I’ll pick up next weekend. He took off the listing and said if I have second thoughts no worries, haven’t paid him yet. Solid dude!
How about the Ted rebuild? He took off all the ramps to get him out, then rebuilt Ted with metal gears to remove the plastic. All solenoids replaced. I know this is a difficult question, but what’s that worth? I’m figuring that’s huge for a Road Show. Hours and hours of work. Is $4,300 in this current market a fair price? With moderate cabinet wear.

That seems like a fair price. Currently see 3 on here and cheapest one is 4300. Others are 4500 and 9500 though I doubt the 9500 sells for that. I’m not sure what metal parts he added to Ted unless you’re talking about the sector gear under the playfield. I just rebuilt Red and Ted, taking apart was a lot slower than putting it back together. Overall not too terrible if you were to have to do it at some point.

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

That seems like a fair price. Currently see 3 on here and cheapest one is 4300. Others are 4500 and 9500 though I doubt the 9500 sells for that. I’m not sure what metal parts he added to Ted unless you’re talking about the sector gear under the playfield. I just rebuilt Red and Ted, taking apart was a lot slower than putting it back together. Overall not too terrible if you were to have to do it at some point.

Correct, he replaced the under playfield sector gears with same size metal gears from a RC car. I was really impressed with his attention to detail.

#2959 2 years ago

I just paid $4500 for a decent players condition working 100% and I thought it was a great deal considering today's market.

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I just paid $4500 for a decent players condition working 100% and I thought it was a great deal considering today's market.

Thanks!
Do y’all think I’ll be able to get it up a curved stairs with a dolly and 2 20’s year old guys? I got paragon upstairs, but I removed the head, and that was without dolly and using my 50 yo brut strength!

#2961 2 years ago

Thanks!
Do y’all think I’ll be able to get it up a curved stairs with a dolly and 2 20’s year old guys? I got paragon upstairs, but I removed the head, and that was without dolly and using my 50 yo brut strength!

Super pins are very heavy. But strapped to a dolly it should be manageable. With 2 guys it should be no problem.

#2962 2 years ago

Sounds like a good deal for that price. Good luck with the stairs. I would wish that on no one. Sorry!

#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Really hard to know what the problem is with that limited description.
I have a wh2o where one specific fuse for the DMD sometimes goes out. The only thing that happen is the DMD goes black and everything else works so I just change fuse and continue playing. This happens maybe once every half year so It doesn't really bother me.
If fuses are popping often in the game you're looking at then that would ofc be a completely different issue that need to be fixed.

I got follow up on the blown fuse. He had DMD issues and someone on pinside advised to pull off the ribbon connector and reattach. When he put it back on it was one header off and he blew the fuse.
I’m picking up my new friends (Ted and Red) on Saturday morning. I’ve got 4 men and a Dolly lined up for the stairs. I’m excited for my new pin and will hit y’all up for ideas once it’s home. Also, I’ll send plenty of photos!

#2964 2 years ago

I got follow up on the blown fuse. He had DMD issues and someone on pinside advised to pull off the ribbon connector and reattach. When he put it back on it was one header off and he blew the fuse.
I’m picking up my new friends (Ted and Red) on Saturday morning. I’ve got 4 men and a Dolly lined up for the stairs. I’m excited for my new pin and will hit y’all up for ideas once it’s home. Also, I’ll send plenty of photos!

Awesome! Congratulations. One of my favs.

#2965 2 years ago

Proud member of the Road Show family.

9943F387-A155-466E-AEE1-C7707AC113BB (resized).jpeg9943F387-A155-466E-AEE1-C7707AC113BB (resized).jpeg
#2966 2 years ago

Almost ready to go back in.

20220228_135737 (resized).jpg20220228_135737 (resized).jpg
#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Looks great. Such shine on that playfield! Love the orange Titans or Super-bands. I put them my flippers. After seeing yours I think I'm going to replace the rest of the rubbers as well.

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

You should change "Ted" to "Mario"

#2969 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

You should change "Ted" to "Mario"

That was the mustache I used from my Halloween party. I was Magnum PI.

20210912_125306 (resized).jpg20210912_125306 (resized).jpg
#2970 2 years ago

I repainted Poor Ted's face today. I think he looks better.

20220228_135737 (resized).jpg20220228_135737 (resized).jpg20220305_111149 (resized).jpg20220305_111149 (resized).jpg
#2971 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I repainted Poor Ted's face today. I think he looks better.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t understand how it’s possible to get such perfection…… any advice?

#2972 2 years ago

Happy day!!!!!!!

5943B8C9-81B2-4513-8E73-9B8BDF139F41 (resized).jpeg5943B8C9-81B2-4513-8E73-9B8BDF139F41 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2973 2 years ago

Happy day!!!!!!!

Damn fine looking Paragon.

#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Damn fine looking Paragon.

Paragon was my first restoration. Thanks to pinside it’s now working great!!!!!!
I’ve very proud of getting it back to life.

#2975 2 years ago

what paint can I use to refinish the black trim?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2976 2 years ago

what paint can I use to refinish the black trim?
[quoted image]

I recommend this paint: Tamiya X-1 gloss black.

It's acrylic so easy clean up with water but really flexible and durable. Any decent hobby shop will carry it.

It looks like you have some mylar covering that area. You should remove that first and then paint. After put more mylar to protect the paint and area.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2977 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I recommend this paint: Tamiya X-1 gloss black.
It's acrylic so easy clean up with water but really flexible and durable. Any decent hobby shop will carry it.
It looks like you have some mylar covering that area. You should remove that first and then paint. After put more mylar to protect the paint and area.
[quoted image]

Thank you!!!!

#2978 2 years ago

Got all the issues on mine sorted except one last thing. The wig wag lights on both ramps are activating and deactivating at the correct times, but instead of flashing, they stay lit solid the entire time they are active. Would the problem be the wig wag board(s)?

#2979 2 years ago

For the LED under the fish, it’s a little offset. Is there a bulb with an extension neck to put there? So the light comes out the slit?

#2980 2 years ago

For the LED under the fish, it’s a little offset. Is there a bulb with an extension neck to put there? So the light comes out the slit?

Please disregard.
It was my mistake.
I was using a different color bulb…..
I was using warm white.
I believe I have natural light on the rest.

#2981 2 years ago

Metal gears on Ted and Red

8343C71C-71F5-40F6-881F-293CDE688347 (resized).jpeg8343C71C-71F5-40F6-881F-293CDE688347 (resized).jpegFBBDD792-4465-48D4-A1B3-84864D5FDE2B (resized).jpegFBBDD792-4465-48D4-A1B3-84864D5FDE2B (resized).jpeg
#2982 2 years ago

Metal gears on Ted and Red

I would clean all that black gunk of the gears and then add a tiny amount of synthetic grease.

Also, why is there a hole with a zip tie in one of the gears (or am I seeing wrong)?

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Also, why is there a hole with a zip tie in one of the gears (or am I seeing wrong)?

Same question here, and I see that it is present for Red's jaw, but not for Ted's one ?

#2984 2 years ago

What’s supposed to be here? In the hole?

#2985 2 years ago

How can I not continue to have the ball get stuck here? For skill shot. Need to wiggle the machine for ball to drop.

#2986 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is what's on mine:

20220309_080338 (resized).jpg20220309_080338 (resized).jpg
#2987 2 years ago

How can I not continue to have the ball get stuck here? For skill shot. Need to wiggle the machine for ball to drop.
[quoted image]

Hard to tell in the images, the metal plate on mine looks to have a bit more angle.
Try to bend it, might have to remove the plastic and use pliers or just bash it.
20220309_080513 (resized).jpg20220309_080513 (resized).jpg
20220309_080653 (resized).jpg20220309_080653 (resized).jpg

#2988 2 years ago

There are 2 rubbers on the hole post with the issue. They could also be larger.

#2989 2 years ago

Anyone have a creative idea on how to make this look better? It’s a common problem. Someone must have done something unique?

17781427-587F-4857-948E-6ACF749F8556 (resized).jpeg17781427-587F-4857-948E-6ACF749F8556 (resized).jpeg
#2990 2 years ago

Anyone have a creative idea on how to make this look better? It’s a common problem. Someone must have done something unique?

There is an overlay, but most sources seem to be out of them atm. Google is your friend.

#2991 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I am not near my machine. I think there is a post, and the orange sign.

#2992 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I am not near my machine. I think there is a post, and the orange sign.

Can you please send a photo when convenient?

#2993 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

There is an overlay, but most sources seem to be out of them atm. Google is your friend.

The overlay I've seen stops along the top edge the insert, which wouldn't help much here since the worst of it is below the insert.

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

The overlay I've seen stops along the top edge the insert, which wouldn't help much here since the worst of it is below the insert.

Correct.
That’s my issue.
I figure the machine was too upright, and the ball fell lower to below the insert.

#2995 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

There are 2 rubbers on the hole post with the issue. They could also be larger.

I think you’re right.
I bet a smaller solo rubber would allow the ball to fall down and not get stuck!

#2996 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

One like this would work, you'd just cut what you need from it, or use the whole thing...

65406_1 (resized).jpg65406_1 (resized).jpg
#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

One like this would work, you'd just cut what you need from it, or use the whole thing...[quoted image]

Where can I buy that?

#2998 2 years ago

This seems great for anyone needing the fish decal!

5C8D3FDC-0AC1-4425-9CE6-0A4E06706A1E (resized).png5C8D3FDC-0AC1-4425-9CE6-0A4E06706A1E (resized).png
#2999 2 years ago

I was having phone issues earlier. Sorry, I am not able to reply. Pic of left side. This is what my machine looks like.

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I was having phone issues earlier. Pic of left side. This is what my machine looks like.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Huh.
It’s that clear plastic post.
Seems odd.
I’ll find something to put there,
I find the drilled hole odd!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.50
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/60?hl=simpleskin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.