(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,868 posts
  • 273 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by TOLLS
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 455 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E92F90F0-B393-4D64-AFB8-D2AB31A4CB6F (resized).jpeg
promo (resized).JPG
20190804_223355 (resized).jpg
20190804_223326 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190618_205031 (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
20190719_230336 (resized).jpg
20190719_230255 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190719_164854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190719_135209 (resized).jpg
IMGP6174 (resized).JPG
IMGP6176 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190619-123306 (resized).png
AACA058E-C94A-454B-9088-2697220755B2 (resized).jpeg
MB-014-000.pdf (PDF preview)

There are 1868 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 38.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

First thing I'll do is led it up.

Well, you could play it first.
Congrats!

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol me to I have most just need sttng and ij not worried about Popeye saves earth or whatever it is so whats a good deal on rs these days?

>2500.00 would be a good deal based on condition.

#253 4 years ago

Ok I have a nice rs except faded but play great just gotta get ted eye shut plunger part .I was thinking of updating my collection .

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ok I have a nice rs except faded but play great just gotta get ted eye shut plunger part .I was thinking of updating my collection .

I bought a machine with the same problem .the guy thought the same thing even included the part.
The problem is Ted's head has to be removed in order to get at it and that was the hardest part to get out of a machine I ever seen, second thing is that part was fine the coil that shuts his eyes was blown ,3rd the transistor that controls the solenoid on the power board was shorted .just saying ..are you sure that's the problem
P.S. I wonder if that's a common problem ?

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I bought a machine with the same problem .the guy thought the same thing even included the part.
The problem is Ted's head has to be removed in order to get at it and that was the hardest part to get out of a machine I ever seen, second thing is that part was fine the coil that shuts his eyes was blown ,3rd the transistor that controls the solenoid on the power board was shorted .just saying ..are you sure that's the problem
P.S. I wonder if that's a common problem ?

Yea had it apart and its missing the plunger lol so just need it but it dont effect playing so I haven't worried about it but if anyone has that part id purchase it. I think im just going to tear the pin down if I don't get anything cnew soon because its the only one in my collection that hasnt gotten my full treatment because when I bought it my skills were not anywhere near what they are now so im ready to dig in if I decide to keep it

1 week later
#256 4 years ago

Hey everybody, I bought my first pin in December (Roadshow) and thought I'd make it official by joining the Pinside Roadshow Club. My family absolutely loves the game and it did exactly what I would hope it would, be something to tighten up the family a little. We're very busy with the kids playing a lot of travel softball/baseball/football/basketball and the pin has become a little getaway for us to have some fun together. Anyhoo, the color DMD is arriving this week so I'll be back with pics. LOVE this game!

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Hey everybody, I bought my first pin in December (roadshow) and thought I'd make it official by joining the Pinside roadshow Club. My family absolutely loves the game and it did exactly what I would hope it would, be something to tighten up the family a little. We're very busy with the kids playing a lot of travel softball/baseball/football/basketball and the pin has become a little getaway for us to have some fun together. Anyhoo, the color DMD is arriving this week so I'll be back with pics. LOVE this game!

Welcome to the club...you picked an awesome first game! And the ColorDMD is amazing on tile mode in RS.

#258 4 years ago

Well my arrival in the RS club was very successful. I ordered from an outstanding place called Got Pinball? http://www.gotpinball.com/

I must say that Randy was a real pleasure to deal with. I got a very fair price for Pin and shipping. Everything came EXACTLY as described. The shipping was done with exceptional care and fast. Included were extra keys, balls, rubbers, lights, new bolts and legs, casters, and corner protectors.

I cannot stress how happy I am with the whole experience with Got Pinball! I will definately look to buy from them again.

Here is how it looked delivered to my garage.

IMG_2047.JPG

Here is after the main box was removed

rs3.jpg

Here is the pin all ready to go. 100% working and perfect.

rs1.jpg

Now to LED this baby up.

BTW I never played this game before I bought it. I was looking to start collecting all the SuperPins from W/B.

I am so glad I did as it really is a blast to play.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Well my arrival in the RS club was very successful. I ordered from an outstanding place called Got Pinball? http://www.gotpinball.com/
I must say that Randy was a real pleasure to deal with. I got a very fair price for Pin and shipping. Everything came EXACTLY as described. The shipping was done with exceptional care and fast. Included were extra keys, balls, rubbers, lights, new bolts and legs, casters, and corner protectors.
I cannot stress how happy I am with the whole experience with Got Pinball! I will definately look to buy from them again.
Here is how it looked delivered to my garage.

Here is after the main box was removed

Here is the pin all ready to go. 100% working and perfect.

Now to LED this baby up.
BTW I never played this game before I bought it. I was looking to start collecting all the SuperPins from W/B.
I am so glad I did as it really is a blast to play.

IMG_2047.JPG 163 KB

rs3.jpg 49 KB

rs1.jpg 73 KB

Get that colorDMD! Maybe the best thing you can add to it!

#260 4 years ago

Does anyone have a video they can post to youtube showing Road Show being played with a color DMD?

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from Jopper:

Does anyone have a video they can post to youtube showing Road Show being played with a color DMD?

^^^^^^^^ would love to see a video too!^^^^^^^^

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Get that colorDMD! Maybe the best thing you can add to it!

Mine came today, on my way home to install!

#263 4 years ago

i'll try to post a video this weekend

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Mine came today, on my way home to install!

Try all the modes, but I think Tile mode is the best for RS. Going to play now!

#265 4 years ago

Anyone have a lead on where I can get an extra Ted face?

#266 4 years ago

tile mode is definitely where it's at on the color dmd. I'll try to post some footage later.

#267 4 years ago

Is the HD upscaling available for this yet and if so what's it like? I just joined the club 10 minutes ago and first order of business is to get a ColorDMD

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Is the HD upscaling available for this yet and if so what's it like? I just joined the club 10 minutes ago and first order of business is to get a ColorDMD

Yes...I'm not a fan of the scan or hi res modes, but love the Tile mode.

#269 4 years ago

These eye stickers are very cool, webdiddy is it possible to get also these eye stickers for my roadshow from you?

And you use spots for lightning the playfield in green, where can you get these?

Thanks for sharing your cool roadshow

#270 4 years ago

#271 4 years ago

Any tips or light maps for LED's, mine came with them but the playfield still seems dark at night.

#272 4 years ago

Hi All,
I picked up a Roadshow and am having trouble it's the left wireform for the falling rocks. If you attempt to hit Ted in the head the ball will get stuck in the groove between the main wireform and the upper wireform that the ball is suppose to fall into (were it notches). Any thoughts on what could be causing this. Playfield is level.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hi All,
I picked up a roadshow and am having trouble it's the left wireform for the falling rocks. If you attempt to hit Ted in the head the ball will get stuck in the groove between the main wireform and the upper wireform that the ball is suppose to fall into (were it notches). Any thoughts on what could be causing this. Playfield is level.

Two things I've noticed with mine, which I've also just picked up this week. There is a support rod under the wireform that leads to Ted and mine was a little loose. I raised it just a little and tightened it, making the habitrail higher. The rod is close to Ted's helmet. On mine, the ball was getting stuck right at Ted's helmet so I used a set of channel lock pliers to fine tune the wireform just the slightest bit. You might need to do the same to the curved part of the wireform (pull out towards the center of the playfield) that allows the ball to drop to the other rails. I used some thin hard rubber so as not to scratch the wireform. Hope this helps.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from guarda:

Two things I've noticed with mine, which I've also just picked up this week. There is a support rod under the wireform that leads to Ted and mine was a little loose. I raised it just a little and tightened it, making the habitrail higher. The rod is close to Ted's helmet. On mine, the ball was getting stuck right at Ted's helmet so I used a set of channel lock pliers to fine tune the wireform just the slightest bit. You might need to do the same to the curved part of the wireform (pull out towards the center of the playfield) that allows the ball to drop to the other rails. I used some thin hard rubber so as not to scratch the wireform. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. I'll have to take a look. I don't think anything is bent but I have not checked the support by the head.

#275 4 years ago

Are there any spacers or washers under the support wires?

#276 4 years ago

Fixed it. One of the supports was bent. Adjusted and "knock on wood". No hangups.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Fixed it. One of the supports was bent. Adjusted and "knock on wood". No hangups.

Good to hear...now throw a colorDMD in that thing, set it to Tile mode, and enjoy that under-rated beauty.

#278 4 years ago

cool

Quoted from TomGWI:

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Good to hear...now throw a colorDMD in that thing, set it to Tile mode, and enjoy that under-rated beauty.

Was already done for me by the previous owner.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Was already done for me by the previous owner.

Would you mind posting some video of it in action?

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from guarda:

Would you mind posting some video of it in action?

Of the ColorDMD? I could do that.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Of the ColorDMD? I could do that.

Yes, I'm considering one and would greatly appreciate it.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from guarda:

Yes, I'm considering one and would greatly appreciate it.

Best I can do right now.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Best I can do right now.
» YouTube video

Looks good.. Though Red fell asleep for a short time there..

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Best I can do right now.
» YouTube video

I've been trying to post video of mine in action all week. I'm having technical issues to say the least. Thanks for posting and welcome to the club.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Best I can do right now.
» YouTube video

No, that's perfect. Thank you. Looks great.

#287 4 years ago

That looks really good.

#288 4 years ago

Sorry I did not play better.

#289 4 years ago

Does anyone know of a source for a patched L6 ROM patched for no Ghost?

PM me if you do.

thanks

#290 4 years ago

FINALLY the GRAND CHAMPION SCORE! Took over 2 years of playing, but I got every extra ball imaginable. Made it across the country twice and was half-way to the third when the last one drained. Amazingly long game too. Had to pause in the middle and run errands!

I don't know who SSB was, but take a seat, pal!

IMG_3859.JPG
IMG_3860.JPG

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

FINALLY the GRAND CHAMPION SCORE!

Woo Hooo!
Thanks for entering my name for your high score!

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Woo Hooo!
Thanks for entering my name for your high score!

I promise to do that every time!

#293 4 years ago

I joined the club yesterday!
It has a lot of problems but its flipping well.
I have a question about the multiball behavior.
You start multi ball and get a jackpot from teds mouth,
then you gotta hit reds mouth.
When i hit reds mouth she just says "ughhh how do you eat these things" and spits it back out.
no super jackpot.
am i missing something?
thanks

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I joined the club yesterday!
It has a lot of problems but its flipping well.
I have a question about the multiball behavior.
You start multi ball and get a jackpot from teds mouth,
then you gotta hit reds mouth.
When i hit reds mouth she just says "ughhh how do you eat these things" and spits it back out.
no super jackpot.
am i missing something?
thanks

Yes, there is an eddy board in front of a Red that you need to adjust. Sounds like it's not working and there is no compensation with the switch in her mouth. You just have to hit her for the super, not get it in her mouth. There is a dial to adjust on the eddy board. With the game on, turn it clockwise until the LED turns on and then turn counterclockwise until it JUST turns off. Test that it registers with a ball. Play.

#295 4 years ago

Ah top man,
I didnt know that!
I adjusted the ones for ted but must of missed that one.
Reds mouth is busted at them moment and is down all the time,needs a new cog.

#296 4 years ago

Working as it should now.
I need a favor tho!
Could someone snap a pic of the linkage between the plunger and dirverter?
Both of mine were bodged and not opening /closing correctly.
I did a better bodge of my own to get it going but want to set them straight.

#297 4 years ago

Like this?

image.jpg image-396.jpg image-631.jpg
#298 4 years ago

Sorry dude,
I mean the dirverters.
There's one on each ramp.
Nice pics tho!

#299 4 years ago

Post a pic of the area you want.

#300 4 years ago

ok i have a pic of the back right diverter as I got the game,
it didnt open fully with the spring link.
the left diverter wouldn't work properly either and had the same spring installed.
Thanks

2015-03-07 18.16.40.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
There are 1868 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 38.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside