(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 82.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, jam packed game with great shots and a decent Ruleset. If it wasn't linear and had a final wizard mode after all cities it would be a 10 on rules. It's a solid 9 for me. I love this game.

It is linear in the sense that you start on east coast everyone and head west every time. BUT after you leave New York or Miami while you're next city is flashing you can change your destination. The cities are Orange, yellow, and white. Also the standup targets are orange, yellow and white. So when your next city is flashing and it's not where you want to go, just hit another color standup target. So yes it is linear but you can somewhat control your path!!

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

It is linear in the sense that you start on east coast everyone and head west every time. BUT after you leave New York or Miami while you're next city is flashing you can change your destination. The cities are Orange, yellow, and white. Also the standup targets are orange, yellow and white. So when your next city is flashing and it's not where you want to go, just hit another color standup target. So yes it is linear but you can somewhat control your path!!

Yes, I know...but it would be MUCH better if you could travel to any city (except west coast). It's almost always NY to start and that's weak. Like 'stampede' in JP. I hate that mode because I play it EVERY game.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, I know...but it would be MUCH better if you could travel to any city (except west coast). It's almost always NY to start and that's weak. Like 'stampede' in JP. I hate that mode because I play it EVERY game.

I completely agree. It would be nice to have more control over your destinations. But overall it's a great game. It was my only pin for awhile and I played it non stop. Especially when friends were over!

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Since I'm a big fan of not wanting to see the wizard mode too soon when I get a game, I jacked up all the settings to super hard (opened the outlanes, set 1000 miles between cities, all extra ball awards hard to reach, etc.). So far I like having to work to start another city.

My goal for a while was completing every city on the map in a game. It will take at least three trips
across the country. The 'reward' is kind of lame but it was a great feeling when I finally did it.
It was on normal settings though.

#205 9 years ago

Another game I sometimes play is to take the game of of freeplay and start with one credit and then see if you can make it to, for example, 20 credits.
You can do this because it is possible to earn multiple credits in one game.
It got me to really keep trying hard and not reset a game after a bad first ball since every game started
will cost a credit. This will also get some of the excitement of winning a free game back in home use.

1 week later
#206 9 years ago

hi,

considering possible purchase of RS. Need one quick answer: would you classify roadshow as a player's or shooter's game? I know rules are intentionally simplified vs twilight zone so more regular people could play when TZ left them baffled about what to do on location back then. Bulldozer blade shot is risky shot, only ramps feed back to flippers etc.... what is your opinion, is it so much less shooter's game (requiring precision, timing, tactical ball position switching from one flipper to another) than TZ geometry wise? is it too easy? I'm looking for staying power and good mechanical feel of shots. thanks!

#207 9 years ago

It's a shooters game I feel. To do well in the modes you have to hit the specific shots. It flows much better than TZ. It seems easy as extra balls are easy to get on stock settings, but getting ALL the cities is VERY tough to do. It is easy to make any game difficult though by opening outlanes, limiting extra balls, making it steeper, rule changes, etc...
Multiball is tough because Red is the super jackpot and it is a hard shot.

Shots feel awesome to me and it has huge longevity with 18 city modes, multiballs, and other mini tasks like bridge outs, flying rocks, the wheel, bobs bunker, etc... I've had it for around 3 years and it's not going anywhere soon. And guests FLOCK to it. It's on par with WOZ for best guest pleasing game in my house.

1 week later
#208 9 years ago

Hey Guys,

The left GI on my roadshow is intermittent. I have checked the connector to see if it was burnt and it is not. Also reseated it. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? The right side always stays on.

Thanks

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from TateCenter:

Hey Guys,
The left GI on my roadshow is intermittent. I have checked the connector to see if it was burnt and it is not. Also reseated it. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? The right side always stays on.
Thanks

I have this EXACT same problem intermittently. It only happens when the connector shakes loose, presumably from the shaker motor.

I don't remember exactly what number it is, but might be "19" or something. It's on the left side of the boards. Literally just push the connector in and it's good.

Try reseating or just pushing in all the chips too. Anything soldered. Usually the easiest solution is the answer.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's a shooters game I feel. To do well in the modes you have to hit the specific shots. It flows much better than TZ. It seems easy as extra balls are easy to get on stock settings, but getting ALL the cities is VERY tough to do. It is easy to make any game difficult though by opening outlanes, limiting extra balls, making it steeper, rule changes, etc...
Multiball is tough because Red is the super jackpot and it is a hard shot.
Shots feel awesome to me and it has huge longevity with 18 city modes, multiballs, and other mini tasks like bridge outs, flying rocks, the wheel, bobs bunker, etc... I've had it for around 3 years and it's not going anywhere soon. And guests FLOCK to it. It's on par with WOZ for best guest pleasing game in my house.

I've never completed "Chicago." Tough for me to hit all 4 shots in so little time. Thought I did it the other day with the "magic" target's help but just missed out. No extra grace period on older machines!

#211 9 years ago

I own this game since Nov 2013 and I love it! I think it's one of the best pinball machines ever made! The talking heads are just THAT funny and their ironic and crazy talking commenting each action by the player is just wonderful! I applied several extras like the target decals, LEDs for the pf and bb, painted radio and some other small things. My high score is about 2,500,000,000, even got the Super Payday once!

I just gound this club and saw the eyeball stickers! Wow! Looking great! Would be nice to get some!

#212 9 years ago

Looking to sell my RS and leave the club . I loved it to the point I've played it to death and ready to move on. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/15826

#213 9 years ago

Don't do it , you'll be sor-ry!!!

#214 9 years ago

Some info on cheap eddy boards repair is in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-buyers-checklist

#215 9 years ago

Has anyone found a source to purchase a new set of RS bulldozer (3) pads? I've searched and cannot seem to find a supplier.

Decal on Pad Front.jpgDecal on Pad Front.jpg
#216 9 years ago

I am a former member of the Road Show club….planned to redecal the cabinet, but it didn't need it and I have since sold the game. Brand new complete set available for $250 shipped OBO. PM me if interested. Also interested in Trade of other pinball related items of interest. Let me know what you may have.

1 week later
#217 9 years ago

Just made it to Super Pay Day for the first time (which lasted exactly ten seconds because I was so overwhelmed by all the lights ) but still managed a new personal high score of 2.61 million

#218 9 years ago

The plastic link that raises the dozer falls out and prevents the dozer from lifting. What keeps it in the hole? Does anyone make the dozer part and how difficult is it to replace? TIA
Allen

1 week later
#219 9 years ago

I added some super bright LED's to the backbox. Before, after and the arrangement I used.

Road Show 001.JPGRoad Show 001.JPG Road Show 002.JPGRoad Show 002.JPG Road Show 003.JPGRoad Show 003.JPG
#220 9 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

I added some super bright LED's to the backbox. Before, after and the arrangement I used.

Road Show 001.JPG 200 KB

Road Show 002.JPG 196 KB

Road Show 003.JPG 94 KB

why?? with the exception of maybe the orange behind the sign, the color bleed into areas not colored like the LED are terrible.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

why?? with the exception of maybe the orange behind the sign, the color bleed into areas not colored like the LED are terrible.

Agreed. Original is better here tenfold. The light just is not even.

#222 9 years ago

Thanks for the comments. I toned things down, less green. The camera picks up hot spots that are not visible to the eye.

Road Show 001.JPGRoad Show 001.JPG
#223 9 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Thanks for the comments. I toned things down, less green. The camera picks up hot spots that are not visible to the eye.

Road Show 001.JPG 203 KB

thats better but the light is just uneven still. but its your game. do as you please.

#224 9 years ago

If you're going to use LED's in the back glass, frosted are the only way to go. Diffuses the light better. Doesn't do the hot spot effect.

4 weeks later
#225 9 years ago

Did anybody hear anything about repro plastics being done? I'd swear I read it somewhere but can't find it now.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Did anybody hear anything about repro plastics being done? I'd swear I read it somewhere but can't find it now.

I have my fingers crossed for the plastics.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I heard through the grape vine that PPS is currently working on them. They have the files, but when they should be available I have no idea. For all us RS owners, hopefully sooner then later!

#228 9 years ago

I just joined the club! it got delivered today!!

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I just joined the club! it got delivered today!!

Congrats! It's a fantastically underrated game! I love it!

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Congrats! It's a fantastically underrated game! I love it!

When I first played it I didn't care for it..but after a while I noticed it has some cool features and a there's a lot of different stuff going on. and I agree its underrated. I sold a Monopoly to make room pretty much straight up. do you think that was a good trade? i know the answer to that may be a little bias here in the roadshow thread The wife doesn't think so she really liked the monopoly..
she has played the RS and didn't care too much for it, I guess time will tell...
I'll post some pic's as I get it unraped

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

When I first played it I didn't care for it..but after a while I noticed it has some cool features and a there's a lot of different stuff going on. and I agree its underrated. I sold a Monopoly to make room pretty much straight up. do you think that was a good trade? i know the answer to that may be a little bias here in the roadshow thread The wife doesn't think so she really liked the Monopoly..
she has played the RS and didn't care too much for it, I guess time will tell...
I'll post some pic's as I get it unraped

LOL!!!
Unraped? Hmmmm...are you taking a shower or something?

RS is ten times the game Monopoly is. 18 modes, multiball, flying rocks, souvenirs, spin the wheel awards, bridge out...this game has lots to do!

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

lol ya. was in a hurry..
STI did a great job of packing it they used 3 shipping blankets. just under 400.00 FLA to OH.
6 days.
the games is in good shape no play-field ware.teds eyes need a little work but the part was included.
it also has a topper nice addition..

#233 9 years ago

pics

IMG_20150121_175720_894.jpgIMG_20150121_175720_894.jpg IMG_20150121_180544_513.jpgIMG_20150121_180544_513.jpg IMG_20150121_180628_532.jpgIMG_20150121_180628_532.jpg IMG_20150121_180642_366.jpgIMG_20150121_180642_366.jpg
#234 9 years ago

Anybody got a pic of what the apron decals look like installed? I would much rather stick with silk screened, but starting to tear down my RS now. my original is flaking and bubbling bad. Hate to put this back in.

roadshowapronbubbling.PNGroadshowapronbubbling.PNG
#235 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Anybody got a pic of what the apron decals look like installed? I would much rather stick with silk screened, but starting to tear down my RS now. my original is flaking and bubbling bad. Hate to put this back in.

roadshowapronbubbling.PNG 989 KB

It's because it's rusted underneath...hopefully new RS aprons will be made soon. Most are like that.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL!!!
RS is ten times the game Monopoly is. 18 modes, multiball, flying rocks, souvenirs, spin the wheel awards, bridge out...this game has lots to do!

Awesome game

Getting ready to play it right now

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's because it's rusted underneath...hopefully new RS aprons will be made soon. Most are like that.

Believe me I know. I've lost a significant amount of paint on the sides of the apron. Fine layer of rust all over the bare metal. Shooter rod covers are perfect. Think they missed a step during prep on the aprons.

#238 9 years ago

Any updates for color dmd for Roadshow? I thought it was supposed to be released in January? I am thinking of getting one for mine, looking for some reviews and opinions.

#239 9 years ago

It's up on their site for download: colordmd.com
Installed mine last night and it's beautiful!

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Any updates for color dmd for roadshow? I thought it was supposed to be released in January? I am thinking of getting one for mine, looking for some reviews and opinions.

Yep...review is: it's FANTASTIC! Can't imagine it in orange anymore!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#241 9 years ago

Once you see it in color there is no going back. I just can't stand orange displays

#242 9 years ago

ooohhhhhhhh, I want

#243 9 years ago

I see that Ted's eyes needed work when I got the machine. Man what a job to get Ted's head off!
I think he was the first thing put on the play field. I had to disassemble the left haba-trail left ramp some plastics, Just to get to the bulldozer mounting screws. then on the bottom of the play field the subway had to come off the diverter bracket had to be moved to gain access to a screw the the dowser Mach had to be moved out of the way to clear the heads hold down flange..
WoW.. Its is some mechanical marvel of a machine so much jammed in there .
Oh ya the head needed a new eye lid solenoid 10.00 part. I have a feeling I'll be swearing at the head when it comes time to put it back together. . well its a good time to clean up the play field..

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Someone got the decals and installed them on mine prior to me or the owner before. I thought they looked pretty good. Hopefully the pics help. Sold my game a few months back.

IMG_8199.JPGIMG_8199.JPG IMG_8198.JPGIMG_8198.JPG IMG_8214.JPGIMG_8214.JPG
#245 9 years ago

Anyone know where I can get this plastic piece?

Road Show Plastic.jpgRoad Show Plastic.jpg

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Someone got the decals and installed them on mine prior to me or the owner before. I thought they looked pretty good. Hopefully the pics help. Sold my game a few months back.

Thanks! That really doesn't look bad at all. I'd still prefer a $100 silk screened apron vs a $40 decal I might screw up.

For anyone interested in replacement parts, please vote on this poll. I've PM'd a mod to see if they can add ramps to the poll.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-if-the-part-was-produced-would-you-buy-it

#247 9 years ago

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody have a left side ramp for sale?

#248 9 years ago

Lol just ordered my roadshow today. Funny thing is I have never played it. But I got a good deal and it is a Superpin and I want to collect all of them. First thing I'll do is led it up. Glad to be part of the club

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody have a left side ramp for sale?

I have one but its supposedly spoken for but haven't heard back from the guy for few days but ill wait till end of this week and if I dont hear back we will talk if your interested .its in good shape with to small pieces missing where u cant see and entrance is not broken and Its populated and has the bridge out assembly. 20150126_210427.jpg20150126_210427.jpg

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Lol just ordered my roadshow today. Funny thing is I have never played it. But I got a good deal and it is a Superpin and I want to collect all of them. First thing I'll do is led it up. Glad to be part of the club

Lol me to I have most just need sttng and ij not worried about popeye saves earth or whatever it is so whats a good deal on rs these days?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/5?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.