(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,150 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by MyParagon1979
  • Topic is favorited by 153 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
150644DB-B933-4512-B710-83CE1A95F6F9 (resized).jpeg
20220503_062739 (resized).jpg
received_5531576966873172 (resized).jpeg
received_297043199285131 (resized).jpeg
received_357468116446991 (resized).jpeg
received_1554769101584348 (resized).jpeg
received_1582012388897965 (resized).jpeg
received_462932872273828 (resized).jpeg
received_460535345873060 (resized).jpeg
OIP (resized).jpg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpg
4F1D7896-1B9E-4222-98FA-066F52798D49 (resized).jpeg
52D799A6-3EE6-4CE8-B0BA-A2DC06EFD815 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,150 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 63.
#2851 3 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Am I missing something? I've only had this game for about 3 week and Yes this is a difficult shot, I have made it a handful of times already. I notice it is a Super Jackpot shot that alternates from Ted to Red and then back to Ted etc during Ted "Paycheck" multiball. Is mine different or not understanding your post?

It does go back and forth between the two for Jackpot, but never necessitates using Red’s mouth, just hit her in the face and it’s good enough.

#2852 3 months ago

You can shoot the ball into Red's mouth while she's talking. She gags and says, "Bleah! How can you eat those things?"

#2853 3 months ago
Quoted from shirkle:

It does go back and forth between the two for Jackpot, but never necessitates using Red’s mouth, just hit her in the face and it’s good enough

ohhh ok I know what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying. Only got it in her mouth 2 times so far.

#2854 3 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

ohhh ok I know what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying. Only got it in her mouth 2 times so far.

#2855 3 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Am I missing something? I've only had this game for about 3 week and Yes this is a difficult shot, I have made it a handful of times already. I notice it is a Super Jackpot shot that alternates from Ted to Red and then back to Ted etc during Ted "Paycheck" multiball. Is mine different or not understanding your post?

Same here. I just got my RS a few weeks ago and have made that super jackpot shot multiple times. Am I mistaking this for another shot? Start multiball. Hit jackpot in Ted's mouth. Then use the upper left flipper to hit Red. Then the jackpots alternate.

#2856 3 months ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Same here. I just got my RS a few weeks ago and have made that super jackpot shot multiple times. Am I mistaking this for another shot? Start multiball. Hit jackpot in Ted's mouth. Then use the upper left flipper to hit Red. Then the jackpots alternate.

you are correct. As Hammerhead stated, they were talking about when Red is talking, shooting the ball in her mouth. She then makes a "Blah" sound effect. Its a hard shot because her mouth isnt open very much for the ball to go in. I agree with the comments that it would have been cool to make it more interactive or having the shot mean something more.

#2857 3 months ago

Ordered a few stickers from AliExpress and dressed up the backboard a bit. Added full length yellow led strip across the back as well.

B3D32AFD-A8DB-4368-B770-08D024144D30 (resized).jpeg
#2858 3 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Ordered a few stickers from AliExpress and dressed up the backboard a bit. Added full length yellow led strip across the back as well.
[quoted image]

Thats a perfect decal...got a link?

#2859 3 months ago

Ted's eyes were not working (no power to the solonoids) so I attempted to remove the head to find what was happening. It ended up being a disconnected wire but I have never had to remove so much stuff just to get the head unit out. I also have a broken crank arm (that's why Ted was a little cross-eyed) that I had to order. I just hope I can remember how everything goes back again.

#2860 3 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

[quoted image]

Very clever. Might have to do that.

#2861 3 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Ted's eyes were not working (no power to the solonoids) so I attempted to remove the head to find what was happening. It ended up being a disconnected wire but I have never had to remove so much stuff just to get the head unit out. I also have a broken crank arm (that's why Ted was a little cross-eyed) that I had to order. I just hope I can remember how everything goes back again.

#928 is what I used

#2862 3 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

... I just hope I can remember how everything goes back again.

That's why you should take lots of pictures while disassembling , helps immensively when putting it all together again.

#2863 3 months ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Very clever. Might have to do that.

Most of the stickers were in a set of 50. The Stop, explosive and high voltage were singles. I just started slapping them on, no plan. I am sure you can do better.

A24B0F55-0E28-415D-A3EA-F1A2EAE88E03 (resized).jpeg
#2864 3 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/c/PinballHelp/search?query=Rudy

#2865 3 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Most of the stickers were in a set of 50. The Stop, explosive and high voltage were singles. I just started slapping them on, no plan. I am sure you can do better.
[quoted image]

Looks good to me!

#2866 3 months ago

I imagine everyone has done this at some point when working on Red or Ted, right?

20220129_091403 (resized).jpg
#2867 3 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I imagine everyone has done this at some point when working on Red or Ted, right?
[quoted image]

I haven't had to touch mine yet but when I do I'll be sure to take those selfies and share. Great fun.

#2868 3 months ago

Anyone happen to have this right in-lane plastic laying around? I broke mine.

87D486CE-B309-4837-A76D-22609A894B1A (resized).jpeg
#2869 3 months ago
Quoted from Nez02:

I might, gotta wait till I get home from work to check tho...

#2870 3 months ago

When dealing with the dozer and teds eddy board. Is it the eddy sensor itself or the driver board that is usually flaky and needs to be replaced? I adjusted to potentiometer on my new game and it started detecting dozer hits. Mid game the dozer started going up and down randomly so I’m getting it’s related to the eddy sensor as the initial adjustment is what stopped it doing that in the first place.

#2871 3 months ago

It’s the eddy sensor board that’s going out of adjustment.

#2872 3 months ago
Quoted from MMGB:

It’s the eddy sensor board that’s going out of adjustment.

The one with the light on it or the thin one directly in front of Ted?

#2873 3 months ago
Quoted from Nez02:

[quoted image]

I have one but you may have better luck locally than from me in Australia

#2874 3 months ago
Quoted from Nez02:

[quoted image]

You can buy both of the inlane plastics from PinballCenter here in Germany. €20.90 and they ship to the US.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/road-show/7272/lane-plastics-for-road-show?c=0

#2875 3 months ago
Quoted from Nez02:

[quoted image]

Available at Marco's for 8$ : https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2014-15
Unless someone can get you one for free, it looks quite reasonable

#2876 3 months ago

Can anyone that’s restored a Road Show cabinet recommend a source for replacement decals? For this machine all I’ve come across so far is pinballdecalseu, but I’ve seen mixed opinions about that company on here. Should I roll the dice and order from them? Seems like options are limited with this one.

edit: searching further back in the thread it looks like pinball center is also an option. zero experience with either. some guy saying pinballdecalseu is a total scam, another saying the decals were fine (including some pictures that look pretty good to me). seems like sort of a crapshoot

#2877 3 months ago

I’ve used pinballdecalseu on 3 machines now including Roadshow and I think the quality is great!
Here are pics

2489EE9A-6C60-43B9-856D-D4F9EE1FD5C7 (resized).jpeg69683432-A11B-44D8-87F1-9688C9B8AFCD (resized).jpeg6EDB36BE-6EDD-4E7A-A547-9707368ADB97 (resized).jpeg8FE87FF2-CD19-43FC-84FB-0E25E858E143 (resized).jpeg
#2878 3 months ago

Thanks, those were actually the pictures I was referring to from earlier in the thread. My concern was consistency, so hearing that you’ve had multiple good experiences with them is encouraging. Decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. Nice work on the cabinet!

#2879 3 months ago

Replaced the Rom and the sound chips tonight that I got from pinballrom.com But, this little tool is a must and made it so easy to remove the chips without messing up the legs.

IMG_6642 (resized).JPG

#2880 3 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

Coming next ... original WMS tools ... Red and Ted Faces and Head Plastics ...[quoted image]

Awesome. Now all that's left is the dozer and the rubber pads. Wish there new rubber pads available then there isn't a need to hide the old beat rubber with stickers.

#2881 3 months ago
Quoted from snacksoul:

Can anyone that’s restored a Road Show cabinet recommend a source for replacement decals? For this machine all I’ve come across so far is pinballdecalseu, but I’ve seen mixed opinions about that company on here. Should I roll the dice and order from them? Seems like options are limited with this one.
edit: searching further back in the thread it looks like pinball center is also an option. zero experience with either. some guy saying pinballdecalseu is a total scam, another saying the decals were fine (including some pictures that look pretty good to me). seems like sort of a crapshoot

Depends on whether you just want new decals, or do you want better quality new decals.

#2882 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Depends on whether you just want new decals, or do you want better quality new decals.

That depends on what your definition of “better” is. I personally prefer closest to original, so if I can find silkscreened art then that’s my first choice for a machine of this era. But I’ve also used Rad Cals which are better in the sense that they’re thick and durable and high gloss, but at the expense of not really looking like the cabinet in its original state.

In the case of this Road Show, the original art is both faded and has some damage in the front that was touched up but is pretty sloppy and noticeable. Pretty much anything would be an improvement over the current state, but this is a machine that I intend to keep long term and I’d prefer to use the highest quality replacement I can track down.

I’ve only worked with decals from Mirco and Phoenix Arcade — which were excellent — but neither sell decals for this particular game.

#2883 3 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Replaced the Rom and the sound chips tonight that I got from pinballrom.com But, this little tool is a must and made it so easy to remove the chips without messing up the legs.
[quoted image]

I thought that tool was primarily for removing the ASIC chip. The tool for normal chip removal are simpler, more of a u shaped metal piece with a hook in each end.

#2884 3 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I thought that tool was primarily for removing the ASIC chip. The tool for normal chip removal are simpler, more of a u shaped metal piece with a hook in each end.

Well, it worked for me. I used it length wise and they pop right out. Better than using a screwdriver

#2885 3 months ago

Does anyone have a link to the original instruction cards? Yes I'm talking about the ugly off white ones.

Thanks

#2886 3 months ago

About to dive in. Wish me luck!

20220204_122044 (resized).jpg
#2887 3 months ago

I have an issue with the bulldozer.

Once I start multiball the bulldozer goes down very slowly. (barely moves at all)

After checking the optos, I figured that the lower opto didn't work in gameplay, but it registered in the switch test without any issues.

After I replaced both optos, none of the two work anymore.
(I soldered them in like the old ones, to make sure that they are not backwards.)

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

#2888 3 months ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Does anyone have a link to the original instruction cards? Yes I'm talking about the ugly off white ones.
Thanks

This should be the original one.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/roadshow.gif

#2889 3 months ago
Quoted from all_pinball:

I have an issue with the bulldozer.
Once I start multiball the bulldozer goes down very slowly. (barely moves at all)
After checking the optos, I figured that the lower opto didn't work in gameplay, but it registered in the switch test without any issues.
After I replaced both optos, none of the two work anymore.
(I soldered them in like the old ones, to make sure that they are not backwards.)
Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?
Thanks

Either you lifted the traces or you did indeed install them backwards. Use a DMM to determine if there is power at the opto pads on the board

For what it’s worth, my dozer down opto is not working and the dozer keeps running trying to find the down position to no avail until the ball goes into play

#2890 3 months ago

Red is pretty much rebuilt. I noticed the centering bar isn’t doing much centering when she looks one way. Is it just worn out and in need of replacement? Can I take it out and try to flatten it?

2D9D0B96-F51A-4C3F-8A6F-D8D68DDE9D75 (resized).jpeg
#2891 3 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Good luck! I'm in the middle that myself.

#2892 3 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Love your Funhouse Topper Scoot. Really adds to the pin. I use to have that ventriloquist doll, but I can’t think of his name. Howdy Doody?

#2893 3 months ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Thanks

Did you check my website http://www.inkochnito.nl
Look in the Williams section.
Dowload the Road Show file and print it on a paper of your liking.
When printing be sure to set scaling to "no scaling", do not adjust to paper size.
Can be any color you want.

#2894 3 months ago

Had friends over yesterday and all gi stopped working on my roadshow.

Where do i start?

Fuse in backbox?

#2895 3 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Love your Funhouse Topper Scoot. Really adds to the pin. I use to have that ventriloquist doll, but I can’t think of his name. Howdy Doody?

It's a Charlie McCarthy Ventriloquist Doll.
I painted his eyes and hair to closely match Rudy's. I also added a watch to his jacket and a big red bow for a tie. Ebay has them much cheaper.

Charlie McCarthy Ventriloquist Doll amazon.com link »

#2896 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you have any specific recommendations?

#2897 3 months ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Had friends over yesterday and all gi stopped working on my roadshow.
Where do i start?
Fuse in backbox?

Checking the fuses is a good start, beyond that PinWiki has a complete section about GI problems : https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems

Good luck !

#2898 3 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Red is pretty much rebuilt. I noticed the centering bar isn’t doing much centering when she looks one way. Is it just worn out and in need of replacement? Can I take it out and try to flatten it?
[quoted image]

It could be the crank that's worn. I'd check that.
Pretty sure the bar is supposed to be bent.

#2899 3 months ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

It could be the crank that's worn. I'd check that.
Pretty sure the bar is supposed to be bent.

I replaced the crank and crank liner. It was actually the eyelets for the centering bar that were worn. I crimped those in and eyes are centering now

#2900 3 months ago

A couple questions and concerns with my RS:

How common are left ramp airballs? Some of my clean ramp shots jump up and hit the plastic above the ramp.

I’ve noticed what seems to be a power sag/drop during multiball on my left upper flipper and mini flipper. When not in multi-ball, both seem to function properly, although sometimes a little weak. During multiball, they seem to have a very noticeable lag to them (like a delay between my button press and the flippers responding) which makes jackpot shots impossible on Red. Any ideas?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
There are 3,150 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!