(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 82.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hi Guys,
A guy send me a couple of photos and unfortunately this is only one way I'm able to check the condition of the pinball machine - photos. He lives far away from me and machine wolud be shipping to me.
May I gently ask you for help and pointing out some defects, please?
I can see defect of playfield (I hope only ruined mylar) and strange spots near motorshake - do you think this is mould on the wooden cabinet (I hope not)?
The link for the photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ken4s9thdqberrd/AACtIheZepCAngiVPXEJJPhZa?dl=0
Thank you in advance!

I see no obvious faults on it from the posted photos. The wear on the insert below the fish is minimal. Ask the guy for some close up photos of the right ramp as there might be some damage on it. Those spots on the cabinet floor are not mould. Looks like a nice machine and I would buy it. CPU board is not original from this machine and was replaced with one from The Shadow. Maybe also ask for some photos of the driver board to see its condition. On one of my Roadshows there was a burnt section on the eyes transistors location. If you will buy it I also recommend to upgrade CPU eprom on version L-6 or the one from Soren as it helps saving the Red and Ted eye coils drom burning out by limiting the time they can be turned on. Another nice option is control of shaking from the shaker motor.
From the upgrade notes: added special code to limit the amount of time the Red and Ted eyelids are activated to prevent the coils from overheating.
Added adjustment for the shaker motor (default=NORMAL) Values are NORMAL, SOFT, and OFF.

#2802 2 years ago

Coming next ... original WMS tools ... Red and Ted Faces and Head Plastics ...

FHRS (resized).jpgFHRS (resized).jpg
#2803 2 years ago

I had my friend's Road Show to shop, add LEDs, replace rubber, clean, etc. Of course Red's eyelids broke while I had it. $22 part, but need to remove the head and the coils inside to be able to install the eyelids. Was annoying, mainly because I had to do it at all, but just need patience and it's all good.

66294388972__E1E0DC3C-98A2-4D54-99E4-E9FCCDD2949D (resized).JPG66294388972__E1E0DC3C-98A2-4D54-99E4-E9FCCDD2949D (resized).JPG66294508143__9AC3A9B0-DA90-4750-B4FA-9627A8C4BD05 (resized).JPG66294508143__9AC3A9B0-DA90-4750-B4FA-9627A8C4BD05 (resized).JPGIMG_7029 (resized).JPGIMG_7029 (resized).JPG66388682834__BEEDCC0A-06F6-43C3-9F3D-51A98D070C2F (resized).JPG66388682834__BEEDCC0A-06F6-43C3-9F3D-51A98D070C2F (resized).JPGIMG_7129 (resized).JPGIMG_7129 (resized).JPGIMG_7130 (resized).JPGIMG_7130 (resized).JPG
#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Coming next ... original WMS tools ... Red and Ted Faces and Head Plastics ...[quoted image]

Looks like Rudy is in there too.

#2805 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Coming next ... original WMS tools ... Red and Ted Faces and Head Plastics .

Hi. If you doing it in sets (face and jaw) please put me down for a set of each. And if you will do funhouse also put me down. Thank you

#2806 2 years ago

Ps. Also bulldozer blade.

#2807 2 years ago

I’ve had my RS over 4 years and have played it probably thousands of times over that timeframe. However it was only a few days ago that I achieved what for me was the ultimate supreme accomplishment…knocking down all the tollbooths in the Chicago mode. Woohoo! Does anyone else find that task to be next to impossible?

#2808 2 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. I've been wanting this game for a while and I was able to score a pretty sweet one. No broken plastics, fully working Red and Ted and no mark on the fish! All it needed was a good cleaning. I don't think the glass has been off for several years. Nothing left to do but play! (for now)

Question. What do you guys generally set your buy in to? I have it set at factory currently which is like 5 buy ins. Feels like cheating?

Thanks!

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

I see no obvious faults on it from the posted photos. The wear on the insert below the fish is minimal. Ask the guy for some close up photos of the right ramp as there might be some damage on it. Those spots on the cabinet floor are not mould. Looks like a nice machine and I would buy it. CPU board is not original from this machine and was replaced with one from The Shadow. Maybe also ask for some photos of the driver board to see its condition. On one of my Roadshows there was a burnt section on the eyes transistors location. If you will buy it I also recommend to upgrade CPU eprom on version L-6 or the one from Soren as it helps saving the Red and Ted eye coils drom burning out by limiting the time they can be turned on. Another nice option is control of shaking from the shaker motor.
From the upgrade notes: added special code to limit the amount of time the Red and Ted eyelids are activated to prevent the coils from overheating.
Added adjustment for the shaker motor (default=NORMAL) Values are NORMAL, SOFT, and OFF.

Many thanks for your opinion, it is very important and helpful for me as I'm not really experienced pinball owner.

I have an additional question for all of you: the other guy who lives near my house is also selling Road Show. He hasn't sent me any photos yet, but he told me that the payfield has a "couple of wears" on the map. Should I be awared and woried because of it? Does it mean it was played a lot and it's in bad condition overall? The machine took part in the touraments in the past. The price is not high, not low I'd say "normal". Thanks for your help in advance!

#2810 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

What do you guys generally set your buy in to? I have it set at factory currently which is like 5 buy ins. Feels like cheating?

zero buy in. Its your game, do what you want. Bragging rights for scores is excluded when you have buy in

#2811 2 years ago

i also just joined the club and have a Pinsound board with the coolest Billy Joel tracks /Judas Priest Breaking the Law during multi ball and Upgraded speakers which makes it sound like Stereo quality .
Big game changer in my opinion ..

Quoted from SimplePin:

Just joined the club yesterday. I've been wanting this game for a while and I was able to score a pretty sweet one. No broken plastics, fully working Red and Ted and no mark on the fish! All it needed was a good cleaning. I don't think the glass has been off for several years. Nothing left to do but play! (for now)
Question. What do you guys generally set your buy in to? I have it set at factory currently which is like 5 buy ins. Feels like cheating?
Thanks!

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

i also just joined the club and have a Pinsound board with the coolest Billy Joel tracks /Judas Priest Breaking the Law during multi ball and Upgraded speakers which makes it sound like Stereo quality .
Big game changer in my opinion ..

Care to make a video of the game running with the new music. Do you still hear the calls?

#2813 2 years ago

Cool door decal! PinballDecals.com.

D66C5440-256C-40AE-83FE-F849BF45CECC (resized).jpegD66C5440-256C-40AE-83FE-F849BF45CECC (resized).jpeg
#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

zero buy in. Its your game, do what you want. Bragging rights for scores is excluded when you have buy in

Agreed. I'll leave it on for tonight as I'm still learning the rules and the shots. Tomorrow it goes to zero buy in.

Thanks!

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from bush3262:

I’ve had my RS over 4 years and have played it probably thousands of times over that timeframe. However it was only a few days ago that I achieved what for me was the ultimate supreme accomplishment…knocking down all the tollbooths in the Chicago mode. Woohoo! Does anyone else find that task to be next to impossible?

Always that one last shot and you're on the wrong flipper

My recent upgrade on the coindoor gift from the girlfriend as I'm obsessed with RS

20211229_133913 (resized).jpg20211229_133913 (resized).jpg
#2816 2 years ago

Was adding LED rings to my pop-bumpers and now they no longer work.
At least the switch part. The solenoid (upper part) is still ok.
Switches 61- to 65 are reporting issues in test.
In switch edges they don't react when touched.
These switches are the 3 pop bumpers and the slingshots (however these still work in game)
All are on a green/Blue cable which is still well soldered on all 5 devices.
This cable is going to J207-6 on the MPU board, plug is ok and cable well connected.
Fuses seems to be ok as well.
suggestions ?

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

These switches are the 3 pop bumpers and the slingshots (however these still work in game)
This cable is going to J207-6 on the MPU board, plug is ok and cable well connected.
suggestions ?

I would start by undoing the mod and see if it goes back to normal again. If so, consider carefully how you mounted it, reread instructions (if any) and perhaps only modding one jet bumper at the time.

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I would start by undoing the mod and see if it goes back to normal again. If so, consider carefully how you mounted it, reread instructions (if any) and perhaps only modding one jet bumper at the time.

I agree try one pop bumper at a time. I think the pop bumper lights are part of the GI circuit so the mod should not affect the switches.

#2819 2 years ago

will see if a can do that for you.. I have bad recording equipment.
And on some tracks i find it hard to hear red and ted and need to work on the sound volume on them when i go back and switch out tracks to get them in check with the callout volume but most tracks are fine .

Quoted from Paseb:

Care to make a video of the game running with the new music. Do you still hear the calls?

#2820 2 years ago

lesson learned i hope . do one at a time with power off. then power on to test each ,one by one when doing change outs . highly recommended.

If the fuse looks good that means nothing. test each . most likely you shorted something .

sometimes the new leds component inside twists and short themselves out if the head is loose and i do not know how your rings are built into the Socket part where you plug it into the im guessing #47 bulb socket . but could be that

Quoted from rvermeire:

suggestions ?

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

suggestions ?

You might have blown a chip that acts as a fuse for the switch matrix. I had this happen on my black rose...a lot. But that's wpc-89 so I'm not sure if it will be the same location or chip. on wpc-89 its U20 and on my game it's socketted so I could swap it out easily.

All it takes is an exposed wire shorting out which is easy in the pops and would make sense considering you changed the LEDs on them .

When it happened to me I'd get lots of switch activations for one Switch. The matrix goes wild... So it might not be the same issue for you but worth a look.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The mod was just replacing the standard bulb by a wedge ring led. All 3 led rings are working (via GI circuit), different cabling from switch cabling.
Don't see the relation between a bulb socket and a switch. I'll remove them to see if it has any impact.

#2823 2 years ago

Question. When I'm done playing a game and it goes to the screen to find a match number......it is completely silent. After that Red will say her sign off and the theme music plays again. Is there a setting I'm missing that makes the game go silent while it checks for a Match number? Ive noticed in others game play videos that it usually is playing some music while it searches for a match number.... Thanks for any help

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Question. When I'm done playing a game and it goes to the screen to find a match number......it is completely silent. After that Red will say he sign off and the theme music plays again. Is there a setting I'm missing that makes the game go silent while it checks the for a Match number? Ive noticed in others game play videos that it usually is playing some music while it searches for a match number.... Thanks for any help

My game is the same way. Seems tame compared to my later wpc95 games. I'm just assuming that's how it is. It's also like that in the virtual version that I have on Steam.

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My game is the same way. Seems tame compared to my later wpc95 games. I'm just assuming that's how it is. It's also like that in the virtual version that I have on Steam.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for verifying. Guess I wont worry about it.

#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

The mod was just replacing the standard bulb by a wedge ring led. All 3 led rings are working (via GI circuit), different cabling from switch cabling.
Don't see the relation between a bulb socket and a switch. I'll remove them to see if it has any impact.

Took out the led rings, same situation 5 switches in error. Checked cable continuity between the switches, that's ok.

#2827 2 years ago

Just an FYI, I was able to replace Teds eyelids without uninstalling the head. You need the right tools to get to some of the screws though!

1EF3EA14-7F04-4820-A140-194C6951DC78 (resized).jpeg1EF3EA14-7F04-4820-A140-194C6951DC78 (resized).jpeg

FB4B84E2-6A5B-4985-BE15-0B9F2C87612E (resized).jpegFB4B84E2-6A5B-4985-BE15-0B9F2C87612E (resized).jpegC27D04F2-2236-4120-B92B-46BE2D117FBD (resized).jpegC27D04F2-2236-4120-B92B-46BE2D117FBD (resized).jpegE0685B26-87A0-4CF3-A2B3-8888B08C7F68 (resized).jpegE0685B26-87A0-4CF3-A2B3-8888B08C7F68 (resized).jpeg
#2828 2 years ago

The plastic faces for both Red and Ted are often getting slightly loose which make their faces move a bit when the jaw moves. I've tightened the two side screws many times but seems they always loosen up again.

What screws are you using, any special washers? Loctite?

#2829 2 years ago

A drop of blue loctite works

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Just an FYI, I was able to replace Teds eyelids without uninstalling the head. You need the right tools to get to some of the screws though!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are the right tools?

#2831 2 years ago

That is the most important part.
Good question.

#2832 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Put away the wrong tools, what you now have left is the right tools

#2833 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My game is the same way. Seems tame compared to my later wpc95 games. I'm just assuming that's how it is. It's also like that in the virtual version that I have on Steam

Today I found out that by re-seating the cables and all wires on the sound card, fixed this problem for me....go figure

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Screwdrivers that can get into small spaces. One of the ones I used was small and flexible. Getting to the bottom screws wouldn’t be possible without it.

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Today I found out that by re-seating the cables and all wires on the sound card, fixed this problem for me....go figure

What does it sound like? I've only owned this game for a week and I've never seen it in the wild.

Thanks.

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I'll give this a go. Thanks for the follow up.

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

What does it sound like? I've only owned this game for a week and I've never seen it in the wild.

Thanks.

it just plays the ending song throughout the match search

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

You might have blown a chip that acts as a fuse for the switch matrix. I had this happen on my black rose...a lot. But that's wpc-89 so I'm not sure if it will be the same location or chip. on wpc-89 its U20 and on my game it's socketted so I could swap it out easily.
All it takes is an exposed wire shorting out which is easy in the pops and would make sense considering you changed the LEDs on them .
When it happened to me I'd get lots of switch activations for one Switch. The matrix goes wild... So it might not be the same issue for you but worth a look.

It was indeed U20 ULN2803 which was RIP ! My local store had them on stock so I bought a couple and now back on the road...

#2839 2 years ago

Okay i have an issue with Ted's jaw : it lowers properly, but it never raise completely.

When Ted is talking, the movements are clearly incomplete.

After some search (this page : https://www.aaarpinball.com/RoadShow/RoadShow.htm contains some useful infos), I have replaced the four transistors on the dual drive motor board corresponding to Ted, but with no luck.
I have tried swapping the power connectors between Red & Ted motors, and in this case, Red's jaw is not moving properly, so the assembly is not the culprit.

Could it be an IC issue ? The motor board is using a LM339 chip...

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainCaverne:

Okay i have an issue with Ted's jaw : it lowers properly, but it never raise completely.
When Ted is talking, the movements are clearly incomplete.
After some search (this page : https://www.aaarpinball.com/RoadShow/RoadShow.htm contains some useful infos), I have replaced the four transistors on the dual drive motor board corresponding to Ted, but with no luck.
I have tried swapping the power connectors between Red & Ted motors, and in this case, Red's jaw is not moving properly, so the assembly is not the culprit.
Could it be an IC issue ? The motor board is using a LM339 chip...

Did you check out the yaw gear? It might have some stripped/missing teeth.

#2841 2 years ago

I had the same problem with the left gear.

20220122_185845_HDR (resized).jpg20220122_185845_HDR (resized).jpg
#2842 2 years ago

Alas, gears and motors are fine, this is why i suspect an issue with the motor controller board.

#2843 2 years ago

I have been on the hunt for this game and it was a fellow pinsider that I was able to make a deal with.. showed up on Tuesday afternoon and I've barley been able to walk away from it! Let's fire that thing up!!

130037 (resized).jpeg130037 (resized).jpeg20220120_210418 (resized).jpg20220120_210418 (resized).jpg
#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from bush3262:

I have this machine since 2013 and I accomplished that mode only once, about half a year ago.

But the most difficult shot is into Red‘s mouth. As far as I remember I only accomplished this once…

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

It was indeed U20 ULN2803 which was RIP ! My local store had them on stock so I bought a couple and now back on the road...

Great to hear!
Be sure you know why it blew because it could easily happen again. I got through loads of those chips until my friend found what was shorting it out under the playfield. It was odd because it could be fine for days before blowing.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I have this machine since 2013 and I accomplished that mode only once, about half a year ago.
But the most difficult shot is into Red‘s mouth. As far as I remember I only accomplished this once…

I’ve only done that maybe a half dozen times myself. It’s a very rare shot…it’s almost a waste of a coil and switch, really. It would have been nice if they’d made it a target in one of the modes.

#2847 2 years ago

Who has the best quality apron decals.

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from bush3262:I’ve only done that maybe a half dozen times myself. It’s a very rare shot…it’s almost a waste of a coil and switch, really. It would have been nice if they’d made it a target in one of the modes.

I always thought it was a missed opportunity to use her as the super jackpot. They could have had her mouthing the words to the song, or just open her mouth in awe. There had to be someway to make her the super jackpot. Seems so obvious!

#2849 2 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I always thought it was a missed opportunity to use her as the super jackpot. They could have had her mouthing the words to the song, or just open her mouth in awe. There had to be someway to make her the super jackpot. Seems so obvious!

Exactly! I assumed that that was the case when I first got the game, and it was a bit of a letdown to discover otherwise.

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

always thought it was a missed opportunity to use her as the super jackpot. They could have had her mouthing the words to the song, or just open her mouth in awe. There had to be someway to make her the super jackpot. Seems so obvious!

Am I missing something? I've only had this game for about 3 week and Yes this is a difficult shot, I have made it a handful of times already. I notice it is a Super Jackpot shot that alternates from Ted to Red and then back to Ted etc during Ted "Paycheck" multiball. Is mine different or not understanding your post?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.