(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 82.
#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

OK. I should have been more specific. It is Almost in the center of the play field. It is where the left side crosses over and connects to the right wire ramp. Thanks

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01035-05
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4406-01128-00

#2702 2 years ago

I’ll give that a try. Thanks

#2703 2 years ago

Help! I’m trying to save a Road Show and Ted has a broken part I can’t find anywhere. The plastic piece that runs front to back that uses the two metal wires to turn the eyes side to side is snapped in the front. Can anyone point me to this part or 3D print it? Thank you!

06FA955A-9CBC-497B-B55C-B65C997CB4C3 (resized).jpeg06FA955A-9CBC-497B-B55C-B65C997CB4C3 (resized).jpegD57B926D-61BB-455B-958B-DC4864C7B084 (resized).jpegD57B926D-61BB-455B-958B-DC4864C7B084 (resized).jpeg
#2704 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Help! I’m trying to save a Road Show and Ted has a broken part I can’t find anywhere. The plastic piece that runs front to back that uses the two metal wires to turn the eyes side to side is snapped in the front. Can anyone point me to this part or 3D print it? Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=A-19258

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-494
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-13416

1 week later
#2706 2 years ago

Help again! My Dad is hard at work on his Road Show. The eyes weren’t functioning when we picked it up. My dad has replaced the coils but on start up he smoked the eyelid coil in the bottom right of Ted. Picture attached… did he wire it correctly???

9E589BAD-3548-4CA3-B9E4-4EA9B07C2230 (resized).jpeg9E589BAD-3548-4CA3-B9E4-4EA9B07C2230 (resized).jpegF3B72752-E84F-4F15-87F0-F024DA8D7F4E (resized).jpegF3B72752-E84F-4F15-87F0-F024DA8D7F4E (resized).jpeg
#2707 2 years ago

Is the coil out of alignment in such a way that when it fires, the shaft isn’t able to move freely? I don’t have my afm here right now, but the space under that coil doesn’t look right.

#2708 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Is the coil out of alignment in such a way that when it fires, the shaft isn’t able to move freely? I don’t have my afm here right now, but the space under that coil doesn’t look right.

Thanks, I’ll ask him. I can’t put eyes on the machine so that doesn’t help.

#2709 2 years ago

anyone had this issue, while playing, all inserts will light/stay on until i restart the game on/off.

#2710 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

anyone had this issue, while playing, all inserts will light/stay on until i restart the game on/off.

With power off, reseat the short ribbon cable between the MPU and driver board. If that does not help, then with power off, press on the U9 ASIC chip on the MPU.

#2711 2 years ago

Hi Everyone.

Red is starting to show her age. I played a few games today and her mouth isn't moving to the full extent. I have looked at the in-line parts and all seem fine, no broken teeth on any of the gears. I've reseated the connector for the motor on the small controller PCB and everything remains the same. Could it be that grease is needed or possibly that the motor is weak? I do have a video that I can try to share here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2JiRZmy26pJZBNP99

#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

With power off, reseat the short ribbon cable between the MPU and driver board. If that does not help, then with power off, press on the U9 ASIC chip on the MPU.

That was it! Thx man

#2713 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

That was it! Thx man

Which one, reseating the cable or pressing on the U9?

#2714 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

That was it! Thx man

Play ball !!

#2715 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hi Everyone.
Red is starting to show her age. I played a few games today and her mouth isn't moving to the full extent. I have looked at the in-line parts and all seem fine, no broken teeth on any of the gears. I've reseated the connector for the motor on the small controller PCB and everything remains the same. Could it be that grease is needed or possibly that the motor is weak? I do have a video that I can try to share here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2JiRZmy26pJZBNP99

The gear cogs can wear and shorten and lose contact at end of the movement. Try manually moving the gears and see if any contact is lost. Gears shouldn’t be too hard to find to replace. While at it you could pull apart clean and lube the gear mech that attaches to the motor. The whole lot really should be done. The game is pretty old.

#2716 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

The gear cogs can wear and shorten and lose contact at end of the movement. Try manually moving the gears and see if any contact is lost. Gears shouldn’t be too hard to find to replace. While at it you could pull apart clean and lube the gear mech that attaches to the motor. The whole lot really should be done. The game is pretty old.

I know that the previous owner was meticulous and completely rebuilt Red and Ted but I will check as you've described. What type of grease/lube is recommended?

#2717 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I know that the previous owner was meticulous and completely rebuilt Red and Ted but I will check as you've described. What type of grease/lube is recommended?

I used a very small amount of lithium grease.

#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

Which one, reseating the cable or pressing on the U9?

one end of the cable was't completly in.

1 week later
#2719 2 years ago

Hi. I come to the Road Show thread looking for a favor. I do not own a Road Show. I need pair of eyes that are trashed and not usable---for project I want to try.

If anybody has a couple of eyes laying around and would be willing to part with them, please send me a PM.

Thank you.

#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hi. I come to the Road Show thread looking for a favor. I do not own a Road Show. I need pair of eyes that are trashed and not usable---for project I want to try.
If anybody has a couple of eyes laying around and would be willing to part with them, please send me a PM.
Thank you.

Maybe Pascal can help you
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/71#post-6627397

#2721 2 years ago

Seeing Pascal's predicament is what brought me here.

#2722 2 years ago

My roadshow playfield has been repaired and clearcoated now onto all new parts for the head pieces

86125370-8D9B-4879-81ED-3E8862C9EFD5 (resized).jpeg86125370-8D9B-4879-81ED-3E8862C9EFD5 (resized).jpeg
#2723 2 years ago

It sure is a great underrated game. It is one of my favorite games. Fun and zany theme. I hear people say they buy pins based on theme only. If I see a game, say the mechs are cool and it is fun. It is a winner in my book. How do you folks describe the theme of this game?

A2DB0048-70D6-47FF-B348-9F99D8413D69 (resized).jpegA2DB0048-70D6-47FF-B348-9F99D8413D69 (resized).jpeg
#2724 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

It sure is a great underrated game. It is one of my favorite games. Fun and zany theme
[quoted image]

When I hear people say that the theme is generally not liked I have to scratch my head because I don’t understand it - I love this game - theme and all.

I personally think of it as a travel theme going all around the US which strikes a nerve with me to remember family vacations around the country

#2725 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you.

That hand paint job is pretty cringe. That looks like an easy job to make a paint mask using a vinyl cutter and some Oramask and then spraying the appropriate color for the eye detail (preferably with an airbrush). I do not have the time to make these, but could help someone else out with a DXF file of the geometry if need be.

#2726 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That hand paint job is pretty cringe. That looks like an easy job to make a paint mask using a vinyl cutter and some Oramask and then spraying the appropriate color for the eye detail (preferably with an airbrush). I do not have the time to make these, but could help someone else out with a DXF file of the geometry if need be.

I have something else in mind.

Shave off the front of the eyeball and bond on a glass eye iris ( the correct size would need be determined).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/775703941/blue-glass-eye-cabochons-in-sizes-8mm-to?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=glass+eye&ref=sr_gallery-2-21&bes=

Or shave off the front half of the Road Show eye and bond this on.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215905950/pair-of-life-size-realistic-human?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=glass+eye&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&bes=1

il_794xN.701680503_6w9z (resized).jpgil_794xN.701680503_6w9z (resized).jpg

#2728 2 years ago

Davi you do good work. I have your TZ light board. I really like the eye mod. Creepy too, but cool. Just take a bit to get used to it. Reminds me of movie west world. Yes, I would purchase the set.

#2729 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Davi you do good work. I have your TZ light board. I really like the eye mod. Creepy too, but cool. Just take a bit to get used to it. Reminds me of movie west world. Yes, I would purchase the set.

Thanks, the eye modification is done by my friend.

#2730 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

It sure is a great underrated game. It is one of my favorite games. Fun and zany theme. I hear people say they buy pins based on theme only. If I see a game, say the mechs are cool and it is fun. It is a winner in my book. How do you folks describe the theme of this game?
[quoted image]

Man I'm jealous of you Road Show owners. Theme is spot on for me being in the construction industry. I got to play it again recently at Pintastic, and really enjoy it. If I could only convince wifey we need another pinball machine. Casually creeping on your forum until that day comes!

#2731 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

[quoted image]

Those look nice.

#2732 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks, the eye modification is done by my friend.

Davi, are those for sale anywhere?

#2733 2 years ago

quick question:

turn on my roadshow - start a game - hit two flippers... game resets.
wait 20 minutes.... game plays normally.

i need a bridge rectifier, don't i? capacitors seem reasonable given that the game seems to work after being on for a hot minute...

many of my games don't get regular play, as such i'm to believe they're all drained when i fire up.

any advice is appreciated.

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

Davi, are those for sale anywhere?

What do you mean? I don't think you can buy this modified version.

#2735 2 years ago
Quoted from eraserhead:

quick question:
i need a bridge rectifier, don't i? capacitors seem reasonable given that the game seems to work after being on for a hot minute...
many of my games don't get regular play, as such i'm to believe they're all drained when i fire up.

I don't think its your Bridge's, if it was the game would never start...sounds like you need your caps (esp the 5v cap) replaced if anything...but start with checking your voltages at all the 5v connections right up to the MPU board...I had a recent issue too with reseting, turned out to be somewhere in the connectors going from board to board...I was able to see the voltage drop as it went through the connectors...new connector...all is good....

#2736 2 years ago

I painted my eyeballs, maybe not perfect but should look good enough in the machine

91264DFD-F258-4A0C-8612-D38AA7BD37D4 (resized).jpeg91264DFD-F258-4A0C-8612-D38AA7BD37D4 (resized).jpeg
#2737 2 years ago
Quoted from eraserhead:

quick question:

Most likely you'll need to replace the caps on the Power Driver Board. In the interim, you may want to consider purchasing a daughter board from Kahr:

https://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

It's a great patch to circumvent your reset issues, if indeed your capacitors need to be replaced.

1 week later
#2738 2 years ago

If i turn ball save timer off, i still get a ball save but the shoot again light doesn't flash.

Is this normal behaviour? I'd have thought it would stop ball save altogether

1 week later
#2739 2 years ago

Who have or can do the ramps decals? Thank you

#2741 2 years ago

Davi thank you. I want to know if someone here in the US has them or a alternative decals. From Germany to here is about 6 weeks. I guess I’ll keep looking for. Thank you.

#2742 2 years ago

New to the club! My son loves construction and pinball, so this one made his day. Naturally, we needed a tractor to get it up the hill!

A3ACA19C-A04C-4B70-A929-F00E382561C4 (resized).jpegA3ACA19C-A04C-4B70-A929-F00E382561C4 (resized).jpeg9DF10942-5CEF-46AC-864D-7E23951834A2 (resized).jpeg9DF10942-5CEF-46AC-864D-7E23951834A2 (resized).jpegE3023063-82C2-4995-BBD2-EDB91A33FDFB (resized).jpegE3023063-82C2-4995-BBD2-EDB91A33FDFB (resized).jpegAAD1B1B6-2901-4D09-9FA4-5F0033946ACA (resized).jpegAAD1B1B6-2901-4D09-9FA4-5F0033946ACA (resized).jpeg5C2A408E-3F78-49B1-B696-B52F915ABC0A (resized).jpeg5C2A408E-3F78-49B1-B696-B52F915ABC0A (resized).jpeg
#2743 2 years ago

Hello!

I just joined the club this Saturday and of course shortly there after I have an issue that the previous owner did not. I was just playing a game and Ted's eye lids fell like this. Is there a spring or something of the sort that operates the eyelids that may have fallen off or something? Thanks!

camphoto_1804928587 (resized).JPGcamphoto_1804928587 (resized).JPG
#2744 2 years ago

There are numerous linkages/coils and such in the head...you're going to have to remove it (fun) and see whats doin there...not really complicated, but a pain to get to....welcome to the club....

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

There are numerous linkages/coils and such in the head...you're going to have to remove it (fun) and see whats doin there...not really complicated, but a pain to get to....welcome to the club....

I was able to find out what happened. The eye lids plastic snapped (wonderful) where it connects to the coils that operate them. Took the helmet, face, and back of head off to get to them. Also noticed the two springs for the jaw weren’t connected and reconnected those. It’s pretty crazy how unserviceable they made these heads. Or should I say, easily serviceable.

#2746 2 years ago

On the sides of each head are two sets of screws.
Are both sets supposed to be screwed in tight?
Or is there supposed to be just a touch of "play" in the ones that hold the face in place?

#2747 2 years ago

Since owning my Road Show I've noticed other Road Shows look different but couldn't put my finger on it.
Till now,

My Red and Ted faces are shiny.... Whereas it seems most are matte. I wonder why they differ?
What were they like originally? Maybe mine were repainted.

Does anywhere sell replacement faces for both Red and Ted? I'm curious how they look.

#2748 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Since owning my Road Show I've noticed other Road Shows look different but couldn't put my finger on it.
Till now,
My Red and Ted faces are shiny.... Whereas it seems most are matte. I wonder why they differ?
Does anywhere sell replacement faces for both Red and Ted? I'm curious how they look.

I own 3 Road Shows and additional set of heads from a parted out game (not shown on the photo). Out of those one set is glossy (bottom of photo) and other ones are matte. All are unpainted original ones. Looks like they were out of matte clear on the shiny sets.

20200423_140649_HDR.jpg20200423_140649_HDR.jpg
#2749 2 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

I own 3 Road Shows and additional set of heads from a parted out game (not shown on the photo). Out of those one set is glossy (bottom of photo) and other ones are matte. All are unpainted original ones. Looks like they were out of matte clear on the shiny sets.
[quoted image]

That's fascinating, thanks for sharing!
I guess matte was as they intended then. I might pick up spare face plates if they're available anywhere.

#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Till now,

Matte is the right one. If yours is shiny, use a 3M scotch brite pad, and you will see a nice matte surface quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.