(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,081 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8019258_0 (resized).png

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 82.
#2651 2 years ago

I get multiball, then shoot ted for jackpot, but red never opens her mouth.

Is it normal?

#2652 2 years ago

After hitting a jackpot, you need to hit red. But you don’t need to get it in her mouth. Then alternate jacpot/red during multi. Red does not intentionally open her mouth like Rudy in funhouse. Red does talk throughout the game and her jaw moves. It’s possible to get the ball in her jaw while moving and you’ll get some points I believe, but it doesn’t advance anything.

#2653 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Question, when does red opens her mouth in a game ?
I did a 1,142,000,000 score the other day and red never opened her mouth. Lighted a bunch of cities.

Every time you hit red it talks the most common is “watch what you shooting“. There is an opto next to her mouth. Check switches if it works.

#2654 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Question, when does red opens her mouth in a game ?
I did a 1,142,000,000 score the other day and red never opened her mouth. Lighted a bunch of cities.

Red doesn’t open her mouth for a shot Only when she talk. There is an opto next to her mouth is for her talking or for the jackpot depends the moment in the play.

1 week later
#2655 2 years ago

Thanks guys, i understand now.

*I still havnt figured out what to do with this problem. ted opens his mouth back and forth when ball in play….

*Also, i realised that my left ramp is missing a piece, it was covered with a metal protector, maybe a cliffy?

Ramp o matic makes new ramp but without decal. Where do you source them?

#2656 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Thanks guys, i understand now.
*I still havnt figured out what to do with this problem. ted opens his mouth back and forth when ball in play….
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"fc29cc70308aa2e03edf5d0b21dbe381ea459734-1629671750-1800"};
//]]>

*Also, i realised that my left ramp is missing a piece, it was covered with a metal protector, maybe a cliffy?
Ramp o matic makes new ramp but without decal. Where do you source them?

I got Jody's new ramps and the decals from here, looks great!

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/ramps/10077/ramp-decal-set-for-road-show

#2657 2 years ago

Thx

Hows the quality/look vs OEM ?

#2658 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Thx
Hows the quality/look vs OEM ?

I think they looked very similar to the original decals. I don't have access to any restoration pictures on this device but you can have a sneak peek at the result in my old post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/6#post-6013166

#2659 2 years ago

Hi, I tried to 3D print the centering flange for the eye open coil (03-8486). It worked well for quite a while but sadly it just broke exactly like the original nylon one. I see that iobium produced one made of delrin. Do you know where to buy them now that pinbits is closed? Thank you

#2660 2 years ago

Think I just got one from Marco, were recently back in stock.

2 weeks later
#2661 2 years ago

Someone brought me a Road Show for repairs!
Never worked on a Road Show before, but I must say I really like playing it
Reds eyelids don't work (but you can hear a clunk), Reds mouth doesn't open/close like it should and doesn't register shots, Reds head is loose, Teds head is loose, Teds bulldozer is crooked, Teds eyelids make a lot of noise, gi doesn't work and all legplates need to be replaced and I think I'll update the software too.

20210911_183958 (resized).jpg20210911_183958 (resized).jpg

#2662 2 years ago

Teds head is had to get out. Reds not to bad. Fun game I like it a lot too!

#2663 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Teds head is had to get out. Reds not to bad. Fun game I like it a lot too!

Reds head is out, not too bad.. Hopefully I'll get it back in when I'm done with it
The plunger that resets the eyelids (the one that makes the eyes close) has broken. The plastic part is not connected to the plunger anymore.. Can I buy these in 1 piece?

20210913_213955 (resized).jpg20210913_213955 (resized).jpg
#2665 2 years ago

Eye issue with Red. The eyelids never go to the "middle" position: they're either fully open, or fully closed. Anyone got an idea on what to do? Already took the mechs apart, cleaned the plunger and inside of the coil. The reset coil (eyes close) works perfect, replaced the plunger with a new one thanks to @oldpinguy.

Anyone know what to do? Replace spring with a stronger one?
Here's a video:

#2666 2 years ago

Dont know....Maybe the coil stop height?

Looks Better then when I started on Mine.
I had "Buscemi" eyes!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2667 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Eye issue with Red. The eyelids never go to the "middle" position: they're either fully open, or fully closed. Anyone got an idea on what to do? Already took the mechs apart, cleaned the plunger and inside of the coil. The reset coil (eyes close) works perfect, replaced the plunger with a new one thanks to OLDPINGUY.
Here's a video:

Replace the metal "wire" at the back of the head. That wires job is to center the eyes. It gets permanently bent after many years of pressure and no longer force the plastic piece controlling the eyes sideways to reset back to middle.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-494

While you replace it, it's also a good idea to replace the small metal pice of spring steel that it presses against.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-13416

#2668 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Eye issue with Red. The eyelids never go to the "middle" position: they're either fully open, or fully closed. Anyone got an idea on what to do? Already took the mechs apart, cleaned the plunger and inside of the coil. The reset coil (eyes close) works perfect, replaced the plunger with a new one thanks to OLDPINGUY.
Here's a video:

Clean the mechanics or take it apart and do it again.
Use manual page 2-23 and 2-24 for more help.
This should go smoothly without any force.
Even gravity should let the lids fall back to their halveway position.
Does the coil have the centering flange (part # 03-8486) at the bottom?
Sometimes this is missing.

Peter

#2669 2 years ago

Ok late update due to my birthday haha, but all is fixed! When cleaning the mechs for the first time I thought that it was correctly assembled before, and put it back the same way after cleaning. Found out that the reset plunger on Ted could be pushed much more easily than the Red one. The plunger/coil that controls the up down movement on the eyelids got stuck because the reset plunger (eyes closed) had to much tension on it to push it away. Swapped the springs on the 2 coils (one is stronger than the other) and voila! All is well now Thanks everyone!

#2670 2 years ago

Hey guys I just joined the club a few weeks ago with my 1st pin. Tuning up & cleaning the game now including making my own metal gears for the jaw mechs.(Replacements kept breaking), and getting Red & Ted fully functioning. I’m finding I enjoy working on the game almost as much as I do playing it. Thanks all for this great resource.

Cheers,

Max

4A1FD49B-EB94-4EA0-A4E3-72B17715B919 (resized).jpeg4A1FD49B-EB94-4EA0-A4E3-72B17715B919 (resized).jpeg53346E0C-0518-431B-8D7A-954DE4812759 (resized).jpeg53346E0C-0518-431B-8D7A-954DE4812759 (resized).jpeg6E725A3E-51D1-4D1F-BB88-0E36B62BCFA0 (resized).jpeg6E725A3E-51D1-4D1F-BB88-0E36B62BCFA0 (resized).jpeg
#2671 2 years ago

Just joined the club again; last time I owned it was 15yrs ago before the updated ROM was available. Really like being able to see more of the game now instead of repeating the same cities over and over.

CABINET DECALS: Anybody order any in the past year? If so, who did you go with? I see they are available from pinballdecals.eu and pinballpt; bother sellers get mixed reviews. OR does anybody have the files? I have access to a commercial printer, would love to print my own

#2672 2 years ago

Right ramp divertor error popped up..
It seems to work perfectly, what am I missing?

20210929_195601 (resized).jpg20210929_195601 (resized).jpg
#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

[quoted image]

Look in the back of the game, behind the back lip.
The coil and diverter have a switch. Check to see if the switch is OK, as well as the coil and spring.

My error happened and worked fine, but the pin in the linkage was broken, so sometimes it did fail.
My choice was to take it all apart, or McGyver it.
I bent a paperclip, and threaded it through the linkage.

Fixed error, and performance went from 80% t0 100%, and the error dissappeared.

#2674 2 years ago

If the switch doesn’t get hit for a few (25?) games, then the error message will pop up. Go into switch test and manually press the switch a couple of times to see if it works.

#2675 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Just joined the club again; last time I owned it was 15yrs ago before the updated ROM was available. Really like being able to see more of the game now instead of repeating the same cities over and over.

you can get them from pinball center or any place. But never from Pinballdecals There is too many issues whit they decals. For me I got a set for Cirqus Voltaire first couple of weeks was ok. After that start to bubble up. I emailed about it to pinball decals. They answer. Buy another set. And like me many others here which happens same thing either decals or playfields. They’re a Real piece of work. Don’t let this guy scam you please.

#2676 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

[quoted image]

Its because you havn't hit the combo that activates that diverter in a while. The game throws an error if a switch hasn't been triggered in a certain number of balls. Take off the glass, start a game, take the ball out and use your finger to hit all the ramp entrances, exits and return lane switches in the order that the ball would, do that back and forth between the left and right ramp until the diverter moves, then hit the next switches in the ramp path as the ball would. That will clear the error.

#2677 2 years ago

My shaker board does not have a heat sink on the transistor. Should I get one? It doesn't seem to get hot even after the shaker has been shaking for a while. If anyone knows where I can get one do let me know.

Edit: Found a heat sink so I'm good here.

#2678 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Look in the back of the game, behind the back lip.
The coil and diverter have a switch. Check to see if the switch is OK, as well as the coil and spring.
My error happened and worked fine, but the pin in the linkage was broken, so sometimes it did fail.
My choice was to take it all apart, or McGyver it.
I bent a paperclip, and threaded it through the linkage.
Fixed error, and performance went from 80% t0 100%, and the error dissappeared.

Thank you! I have looked everywhere, with and without flashlight, and I can't seem to find a switch anywhere. It is also not to be found in the manual..
The game works perfectly, including the diverter, but I still get the message..

Quoted from hlaj78:

If the switch doesn’t get hit for a few (25?) games, then the error message will pop up. Go into switch test and manually press the switch a couple of times to see if it works.

Do you mean the entry or exit switch? All switches work both in game and in test..
Am I missing a switch?

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Its because you havn't hit the combo that activates that diverter in a while. The game throws an error if a switch hasn't been triggered in a certain number of balls. Take off the glass, start a game, take the ball out and use your finger to hit all the ramp entrances, exits and return lane switches in the order that the ball would, do that back and forth between the left and right ramp until the diverter moves, then hit the next switches in the ramp path as the ball would. That will clear the error.

I know that the Bally/Williams games do this, so my first thought was exactly that. "Unfortunately" every switch seems to work, so I'm kinda stumped.. Rolling the ball through the left inlane and pushing it up the right ramp activates the right diverter.

Knipsel (resized).PNGKnipsel (resized).PNGWhatsApp Image 2021-09-30 at 19.58.10 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-30 at 19.58.10 (resized).jpeg
#2679 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

I know that the Bally/Williams games do this, so my first thought was exactly that. "Unfortunately" every switch seems to work, so I'm kinda stumped.. Rolling the ball through the left inlane and pushing it up the right ramp activates the right diverter.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You have to follow my instructions for the error to clear, the fact that your switches are working is great, but irrelevant to the cause of the error.
My game throws this error frequently as well, because I am a MUCH better tech and restorer than player.
The instructions I tried to clearly explain (short of making a video), clears the error 100% of the time... testing the switches and diverter in test mode, will not clear the error.
If you dont care about your stored high scores and dont mind redoing all your game setting, a RAM clear will clear the error too!

#2680 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

You have to follow my instructions for the error to clear, the fact that your switches are working is great, but irrelevant to the cause of the error.
My game throws this error frequently as well, because I am a MUCH better tech and restorer than player.
The instructions I tried to clearly explain (short of making a video), clears the error 100% of the time... testing the switches and diverter in test mode, will not clear the error.
If you dont care about your stored high scores and dont mind redoing all your game setting, a RAM clear will clear the error too!

Follow his fix, Rob.... everything looks fine mechanically.

#2681 2 years ago

I have a weird issue, the upper left flipper works fine in the flipper solenoid test, but it doesn't work when pressing the flipper button. Both optos on the left flipper switch seem to work fine and activate the the lower and middle flipper respectively. Seems like an issue with the fliptronics board?

#2682 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Follow his fix, Rob.... everything looks fine mechanically.

Thanks both of you!
By following your instructions, I found out that the left exit switch (on the far left side) does not alway work like it should, it did not give me the "bridge out" message everytime even though it worked seperately in switch test.

What was the issue? --> Leaking diode on that switch. Green stuff was leaking out and it looks like it got way too hot. Replaced it for a new diode, and all is well now. This was a weird one..

Thanks again

#2683 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

I have a weird issue, the upper left flipper works fine in the flipper solenoid test, but it doesn't work when pressing the flipper button. Both optos on the left flipper switch seem to work fine and activate the the lower and middle flipper respectively. Seems like an issue with the fliptronics board?

I would say it is opto for flipper. I would try a washer to shim the the opto interrupter if that doesn’t help optos on the board is weak. If it is a white plastic interrupter. Get a black one.

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I would say it is opto for flipper. I would try a washer to shim the the opto interrupter if that doesn’t help optos on the board is weak. If it is a white plastic interrupter. Get a black one.

The strange thing is that the lower and middle flipper do work, and activate individually depending on how hard you press the flipper button so I would think the optos are fine. I'm not sure when the upper flipper should activate? In parallel with the middle flipper?

#2685 2 years ago

Anyone ever had this happen?
20211004_204609 (resized).jpg20211004_204609 (resized).jpg

#2686 2 years ago

Yup. Replace. Check there is a centering flange on the coil when replacing. Mine had a hack. May be the reason for failure.

1 week later
#2687 2 years ago

My left ramp diverter was hitting the ramp plastic so much that part of the plastic has broken. I tried adjusting it multiple times in the past but there seemed to be no way of stopping it from happening.

Any ideas?

#2688 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

My left ramp diverter was hitting the ramp plastic so much that part of the plastic has broken. I tried adjusting it multiple times in the past but there seemed to be no way of stopping it from happening.
Any ideas?

I bought new replacement ramps from Jody and as my old left ramp were damaged from the diverter I wanted to avoid that with the new ramp.

After trying to adjust the diverter mechanically and giving up I ended up with adding a small dampening foam piece on the ramp to lessen the impact force from the diverter arm. New ramp is holding up good so far.

#2689 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Hi. I remember I got a Cliffy for the funhouse diverter Works perfectly in funhouse. I’m getting another for road show. You should try to get it.

#2690 2 years ago

Anyone know where to get a backboard decal? I'm looking for one that goes with the cabinet art and the Tilt graphics game blades.

1 week later
#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Added little construction hats to most of the exposed switches.

How did you hold the little hard hats in place?

1 week later
#2692 2 years ago

Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting the parts needed to rebuild my heads? I have the Buscemi eyed Red.

#2693 2 years ago

Strange Ted eye problem for me…his eyes open at the start of a game and work perfectly until he falls asleep for multiball. Then he never opens them again. Any ideas?

#2694 2 years ago

Just finished up a restore.

PXL_20211102_005410264 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_005410264 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_005443882 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_005443882 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_005513198 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_005513198 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_005522638 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_005522638 (resized).jpg
#2695 2 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Strange Ted eye problem for me…his eyes open at the start of a game and work perfectly until he falls asleep for multiball. Then he never opens them again. Any ideas?

You will need to pull the head to fix so just pull it and start a list. I found what I was after mostly locally with the rest coming from Marco. Don’t forget to invest in centering flange.

#2696 2 years ago

Looking for the nut/bolt that holds the 2 wire ramps together. Does anyone know where to get one? It is not just a standard not and bolt. Thanks!

#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Just finished up a restore.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am liking your hard work. Road Show is an amazing game. So much to do and going on. Plus it has Godzilla in it.

12CD093F-61DE-4319-989A-759DB39BD2A2 (resized).jpeg12CD093F-61DE-4319-989A-759DB39BD2A2 (resized).jpegBC2301A6-CCEA-43AE-8864-B12EBB3CF3AB (resized).jpegBC2301A6-CCEA-43AE-8864-B12EBB3CF3AB (resized).jpeg
#2698 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Looking for the nut/bolt that holds the 2 wire ramps together. Does anyone know where to get one? It is not just a standard not and bolt. Thanks!

There are 4 wire ramp assy:
A-18506 Left wire shooter ramp assy
A-18507 Left wire ramp assy
A-18508 X-over wire ramp assy
A-18509 Right wire ramp assy

Where is the nut/bolt you are looking for?

#2699 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

You will need to pull the head to fix so just pull it and start a list. I found what I was after mostly locally with the rest coming from Marco. Don’t forget to invest in centering flange.

Just curious, could it be something electrical preventing his eyes from opening again? They work correctly, including blinking, until he falls asleep during multiball. Then they remain shut until a new game. Seems like if it was mechanical they wouldn’t open after blinking either, but I’m pretty new to the game so that’s just a guess.

#2700 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

There are 4 wire ramp assy:
A-18506 Left wire shooter ramp assy
A-18507 Left wire ramp assy
A-18508 X-over wire ramp assy
A-18509 Right wire ramp assy
Where is the nut/bolt you are looking for?

OK. I should have been more specific. It is Almost in the center of the play field. It is where the left side crosses over and connects to the right wire ramp. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.