(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 82.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I'll definitely be in for a yellow set. Do you have any leads where we can get the decals that go on them?

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/ramps/10077/ramp-decal-set-for-road-show

#2602 2 years ago

I ordered a set of decals a couple months ago, when Zitt places a order to Europe. I'm pretty happy the way they came out on JodyG's new ramps!

RS11.JPG.pdfRS11.JPG.pdfRS22.JPG.pdfRS22.JPG.pdfRS33.JPG.pdfRS33.JPG.pdf
#2603 2 years ago

If the ramps came with decals then I'd likely buy a set.

#2604 2 years ago

I do not do anything with decals, especially on heavily protected B/W IP. It's a huge money sink on my end, and I can't afford that at this point. The old decals should be easily reusable though using the freeze spray method. They made them very durable back then.

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I do not do anything with decals, especially on heavily protected B/W IP. It's a huge money sink on my end, and I can't afford that at this point. The old decals should be easily reusable though using the freeze spray method. They may them very durable back then.

I was just thinking that the ramps would be more desirable if they came with the decals. I understand that pinball center doesn't ship to the states, but perhaps you could coordinate a way to get this decals here and I wonder if that would increase demand for the ramps. Just a thought/suggestion, as it would definitely lure me into purchasing a new ramp set. I've tried the decal removal with freeze spray one other time, and it didn't work for me.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I was just thinking that the ramps would be more desirable if they came with the decals. I understand that pinball center doesn't ship to the states, but perhaps you could coordinate a way to get this decals here and I wonder if that would increase demand for the ramps. Just a thought/suggestion, as it would definitely lure me into purchasing a new ramp set. I've tried the decal removal with freeze spray one other time, and it didn't work for me.

We should be very happy these unobtanium ramps are now available at all imo.

You can always use a package forwarding service to order decals from pinballcenter if normal delivery isn't available for you.

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

We should be very happy these unobtanium ramps are now available at all imo.
You can always use a package forwarding service to order decals from pinballcenter if normal delivery isn't available for you.

Absolutely agree and many thanks to Jody and Freeplay40 and others who are contributing this ramps to the community...it's awesome! I was purely making a suggestion.

#2608 2 years ago

Anyone have some high res pics of all the connectors in the backbox? I'm trying to fix this mess, going by the manual. But it would be nice to have some pics of a working machine to verify everything. Looks like there is also some cables missing in the backbox.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

Anyone have some high res pics of all the connectors in the backbox? I'm trying to fix this mess, going by the manual. But it would be nice to have some pics of a working machine to verify everything. Looks like there is also some cables missing in the backbox.
[quoted image]

Here you go. Let me know if you need any other specific details which are not clearly visible.

IMG_6871.JPGIMG_6871.JPGIMG_6872.JPGIMG_6872.JPGIMG_6873.JPGIMG_6873.JPGIMG_6874.JPGIMG_6874.JPGIMG_6875.JPGIMG_6875.JPGIMG_6876.JPGIMG_6876.JPGIMG_6877.JPGIMG_6877.JPGIMG_6878.JPGIMG_6878.JPGIMG_6879.JPGIMG_6879.JPGIMG_6880.JPGIMG_6880.JPGIMG_6881.JPGIMG_6881.JPGIMG_6882.JPGIMG_6882.JPGIMG_6883.JPGIMG_6883.JPGIMG_6884.JPGIMG_6884.JPGIMG_6886.JPGIMG_6886.JPGIMG_6887.JPGIMG_6887.JPG
#2610 2 years ago

These are amazing, thank you

#2611 2 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Here you go. Let me know if you need any other specific details which are not clearly visible.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for those! I'll be needing those as well for a restore soon.

#2612 2 years ago

The connector wiring information is also available in the manual.
Near the end of the manual are the pages with all the connectors mentioned, along with their function and color.

#2613 2 years ago

After some help. Blast zone flasher and white rear back board flashers are stuck on. Any ideas.
Thanks

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

After some help. Blast zone flasher and white rear back board flashers are stuck on. Any ideas.
Thanks

Unplug the ribbon cable in back box and plug back in, helped me once.

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

After some help. Blast zone flasher and white

transistor in driver board went bad.

#2616 2 years ago

On plunge sometimes my ball gets stuck just before the skill shot hole. There's a post there and I have a rubber on it.

Any ideas? Should it be a fatter post rubber?
I'm not sure if mine is a 7/16"OD or a 3/7"OD

#2617 2 years ago

Got our Road Show playing well after it had been sitting for awhile. Repinning a bunch of connectors fixed most of the problems, but Ted's dozer blade was not moving up and down parallel to the playfield (it always sagged on the left side).
I've read previous discussions about this, but I haven't seen anyone mention a bent bracket on Ted's frame as a cause.
A previous owner had bent the mounting tabs on Ted's frame so he could remove Ted from above. They didn't bend them back exactly flat, and Ted leans just a little bit forward. This is just enough to bind the dozer blade and make it not work correctly.
I'm going to pull Ted out completely so I can carefully bend and flatten those tabs so he sits square to the playfield again.
Just a small change in Ted's angle is enough to bind up the dozer blade.

Ted's frame could possibly be redesigned so the mounting brackets came off of the frame - then he could be removed from the top with the dozer still attached. The hacker who bent mine had the right idea, just the wrong execution.

TedHeadFrameBentTabs (resized).jpgTedHeadFrameBentTabs (resized).jpg
#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

Got our Road Show playing well after it had been sitting for awhile. Repinning a bunch of connectors fixed most of the problems, but Ted's dozer blade was not moving up and down parallel to the playfield (it always sagged on the left side).
I've read previous discussions about this, but I haven't seen anyone mention a bent bracket on Ted's frame as a cause.
A previous owner had bent the mounting tabs on Ted's frame so he could remove Ted from above. They didn't bend them back exactly flat, and Ted leans just a little bit forward. This is just enough to bind the dozer blade and make it not work correctly.
I'm going to pull Ted out completely so I can carefully bend and flatten those tabs so he sits square to the playfield again.
Ted's frame could possibly be redesigned so the mounting brackets came off of the frame - then he could be removed from the top with the dozer still attached. The hacker who bent mine had the right idea, just the wrong execution.
[quoted image]

Mine has always sagged a little bit. Was yours like this or worse?
Someone told me the blades all do this but I'm wondering if they were wrong?

#2619 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Mine's worse - I'd be happy if it ends up looking like yours.
It would be interesting to see if your Ted is exactly perpendicular to the playfield or if he leans a little to the left.

#2620 2 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

[quoted image]

I need a new frame for Red and Ted. No one has them available. Looks like I'll have to get a machine shop to fabricate them off the old rusted out ones. Maybe they can modify it to be able to remove them from the top. I'll let you know if I discover anything.

#2621 2 years ago

Found this in the cabinet the other day and can't figure out what it might be. Was on the left side, maybe 20" (50cm) from the back. As best I can tell, everything is working just fine so it is possible this is a left over item from a past repair. Any input is welcome.

Thank you.

yg8fscv (resized).jpgyg8fscv (resized).jpg
#2622 2 years ago

Looks like an eyeball linkage?

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Found this in the cabinet the other day and can't figure out what it might be. Was on the left side, maybe 20" (50cm) from the back. As best I can tell, everything is working just fine so it is possible this is a left over item from a past repair. Any input is welcome.
Thank you.[quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14028

#2624 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Looks like an eyeball linkage?

Yes. Both red and Ted have one of those for controlling the eyes. If they work as they should then that is not needed.

#2625 2 years ago

Thank you. I'll double check the eyes.

#2626 2 years ago

If anybody needs them, I've got a few original highway signs that are sitting here as leftovers. They are the Radio Riot, Extra Ball, and 5X Blast signs.

Just cover shipping and you can have 'em. Otherwise I have zero need for these and will not be keeping them.

-Hans

Update:
These are claimed, off to a new home tomorrow.

#2627 2 years ago

Has anyone lit the Start City Scoop?
If so how did you?

An led strip under the pf? Or a lamp bracket?

#2628 2 years ago

I removed the sign and lamp, and mounted the lamp under pf with Flexi bulb. Works great. I really didn’t like that sign, the angle annoyed me and it gets hit.
Post #2140 has a photo.

#2629 2 years ago

Bought a roadshow 2 weeks ago, love it.

Just have to replace some bulbs and its good for the next decade

#2630 2 years ago

I know this has been done many times before - but I couldn't resist, just like those before me!
Very weird looking.
#RoadShow is all back together now and playing great with a Dumbass MPU board and Soren's 7.0 code.

20210704_104439.jpg20210704_104439.jpg

20210725_092220_1.gif20210725_092220_1.gif
#2631 2 years ago

Im re-redoing my Roadshow again, that was lent out, and came back with some issues.
First one is I have no flashers.

Can someone share if the connection is Only at J107, or should it be plugged into J106?
Any reason not to try?
Would F111 by the Flasher fuse?

Thanks!

#2632 2 years ago

Having an issue with the dozer blade. Works during test mode, but isn’t working during gameplay. Any ideas?

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Having an issue with the dozer blade. Works during test mode, but isn’t working during gameplay. Any ideas?

Have you tested the eddy boards.

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Someone told me the blades all do this but I'm wondering if they were wrong?

Mine sags like that too.

#2635 2 years ago

Haven’t tested anything yet. I just found the issue this afternoon. I was just hoping it was a known issue, but I’ll test the boards when I have some time. Thanks for the suggestion

Quoted from TOLLS:

Have you tested the eddy boards.

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im re-redoing my Roadshow again, that was lent out, and came back with some issues.
First one is I have no flashers.
Can someone share if the connection is Only at J107, or should it be plugged into J106?
Any reason not to try?
Would F111 by the Flasher fuse?
Thanks!

J107 is the correct one. J106 is one pin shorter and is not used. F111 is a fuse for flashers.

#2637 2 years ago

Hi guys, im running a small issue with my RS. Both upper left flipper work inconsistently. Yesterday night, they were not moving at all.

Also, now ted mouth opens and closes on a new game, like a ball is stock or a swith as i hear something.

Im very bad at troubleshooting, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seb

1 week later
#2638 2 years ago

Bump, anyone have a clue on my issue

#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Bump, anyone have a clue on my issue

For the flipper issue - try swapping the flipper opto boards in the cabinet.

#2640 2 years ago

Does anyone know of a source for a replacement dozer opto board? Had some time to troubleshoot my dozer issue yesterday, and I’ve narrowed it down to the board.

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Does anyone know of a source for a replacement dozer opto board? Had some time to troubleshoot my dozer issue yesterday, and I’ve narrowed it down to the board.

You should send am email asking about repair it at Clive Jones. ( the coin op cauldron). I think that’s your best choice. He repaired me the one on Cirqus Voltaire for me.

#2642 2 years ago

my monday through friday are automatically registering hits to light lock without any dozer hits. i believe its the eddy boards. do you guys have any input to offer on this issue? the game plays great otherwise, but its registering "ghost" shots to the dozer....

#2643 2 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Made myself some custom inner side art. (not for sale or distribution as it contains copyrighted graphics)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

freaking gorgeous. great work!!!!

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

my monday through friday are automatically registering hits to light lock without any dozer hits. i believe its the eddy boards. do you guys have any input to offer on this issue? the game plays great otherwise, but its registering "ghost" shots to the dozer....

Most likely needs the eddy board adjustment:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eddy-board-adjustment

#2645 2 years ago

Can’t you just adjust the eddy sensor with the POT?

#2646 2 years ago

Looking for a Ted face. If anyone has one available, please let me know. Thanks.

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Can’t you just adjust the eddy sensor with the POT?

Yup. Red led on the board lit is thinking there is a ball above the sensor. If that’s on when you look under the pf with power on very gently turn the screw on the pot to just when the led goes out. Kinda fiddle back and forth til you get it just off. Open coin door before messing in there. Start a game and put a ball above sensor to check with pf down. The hit sound shows it’s working. I put a self testing board on the outside bulldozer as that is the one most needing attention. I will probably do the other two when the next one becomes too much of a problem.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

Looking for a Ted face. If anyone has one available, please let me know. Thanks.

I thought planetary was selling them no?

#2649 2 years ago

Question, when does red opens her mouth in a game ?

I did a 1,142,000,000 score the other day and red never opened her mouth. Lighted a bunch of cities.

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Question, when does red opens her mouth in a game ?
I did a 1,142,000,000 score the other day and red never opened her mouth. Lighted a bunch of cities.

When she talks?

Or are you meaning for a shot at the Jackpot?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 37.50
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/53?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.