(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 82.
#2351 3 years ago

Finally picked one up after 3.5 hour drive each way. Waiting for rain to stop to unload it.

20201127_131816 (resized).jpg20201127_131816 (resized).jpg
#2352 3 years ago

Such a good game. I truly like mine better now, than when I first got it.

#2353 3 years ago

Post some more photos when you get them. Good colour in decals.

3 weeks later
#2354 3 years ago

Hi, ever since I've had my RS Red's mouth has never worked right. Looking at the PAPA video, every time Red speaks her mouth should close when she's done. On mine the jaw stays low or goes up half way. When the game warms up (?) the lower mouth will come up more and sometimes close. I switched Red's mouth to Ted's circuit and it works fine. This rules out Red's Motor / plastic gears. On the Drive motor control PCB I've checked Q1 - Q4 / D1 - D10 / and R13 with a meter and they appear to be good. I've only re-flowed R13. I suspect it's something with Red's side of the circuit on the drive motor control PCB. Any ideas of what to look at / try next? Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Hi, ever since I've had my RS Red's mouth has never worked right. Looking at the PAPA video, every time Red speaks her mouth should close when she's done. On mine the jaw stays low or goes up half way. When the game warms up (?) the lower mouth will come up more and sometimes close. I switched Red's mouth to Ted's circuit and it works fine. This rules out Red's Motor / plastic gears. On the Drive motor control PCB I've checked Q1 - Q4 / D1 - D10 / and R13 with a meter and they appear to be good. I've only re-flowed R13. I suspect it's something with Red's side of the circuit on the drive motor control PCB. Any ideas of what to look at / try next? Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

If I recall the jaws are being pulled up/back by two springs in the head. Have you checked you actually have these two springs properly mounted? Fortunately Red's head is pretty easy to remove from the pf.

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

There a re a couple of you tube videos that go through the heads and explain what each solenoid function is and rebuild tips

#2357 3 years ago

Thanks, but it's not a head / jaw problem. I've tested that by running Red's head on Ted's head circuit. Looking more for help with dual motor controller a-19242-1.....

#2359 3 years ago

Anyone following this thread?...haven't seen any mention of it here, unless It was a while back...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-teds-road-show-repro-playfield-list-starting

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Anyone following this thread?...haven't seen any mention of it here, unless It was a while back...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-teds-road-show-repro-playfield-list-starting

His last update stated that printing should start soon.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I had a similar problem with Ted and traced it to Q6 (Ted worked great when he was switched with Red). Replacing Q6 fixed it for awhile but when the problem surfaced again I sent the dual motor drive board to Chris Hibler. Had it back in a week and no problems since.

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from BryanD:

I has a similar problem with Ted and traced it to Q6 (Ted worked great when he was switched with Red). Replacing Q6 fixed it for awhile but when the problem surfaced again I sent the dual motor drive board to Chris Hibler. Had it back in a week and no problems since.

Thanks for the info!

#2363 3 years ago

Hello all,
I’ve got a new problem with the dozer.
When I start Multiball the dozer does not like to descend. It does go down, just very slowly until it hits the second onto.
In the dozer test mode it works fine. Both switches in front and behind the dozer are working as well.
Has anyone had this problem, and know what I should be looking for?
Thanks for the help.

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from Bestshore:

Hello all,
I’ve got a new problem with the dozer.
When I start Multiball the dozer does not like to descend. It does go down, just very slowly until it hits the second onto.
In the dozer test mode it works fine. Both switches in front and behind the dozer are working as well.
Has anyone had this problem, and know what I should be looking for?
Thanks for the help.

Go into test mode and move the wires around on the connector that controls the dozer blade. If anything registers, you have a loose wire in the connector.

#2365 3 years ago

I just did a switch test and sure enough while touching the wires to the sensor board it went off.
When I pressed on the wires Close to the connector it did not register, but when I touched the wires further up, and very lightly, it registered.
I lightly scuffed up the header pins, re-pressed the wires into the connector, and pressed the copper in the connector to tighten it up.
Works great!! Might have to play 5-10 games After dinner to make sure It’s fixed.
I’ve got a new connector if it starts acting up again.
Happy holidays, and thank you very much for the advice.

#2366 3 years ago

All ... we now have RED and TED Jaw/Mandibles - these are from original WMS tooling, Injection (vs silicon molded in the past) ... correct plastic colors per blueprint, and tried to match lip colors as best we could figure out - option to get them bare and paint them to your liking as well.

planetarypinball.com

MANDIBLE (resized).jpgMANDIBLE (resized).jpg
#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... we now have RED and TED Jaw/Mandibles - these are from original WMS tooling, Injection (vs silicon molded in the past) ... correct plastic colors per blueprint, and tried to match lip colors as best we could figure out - option to get them bare and paint them to your liking as well.
planetarypinball.com[quoted image]

Nice to see these being made again...are you planning on doing the upper portion of the heads too?

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Nice to see these being made again...are you planning on doing the upper portion of the heads too?

At some point ... a bit trickier with the decoration

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... we now have RED and TED Jaw/Mandibles

Awesome!

#2370 3 years ago

Another needed part for Roadshow is Ted's Bulldozer blade. Hope this gets made in the near future, as it's currently unobtainable.

#2371 3 years ago

Hi guys, I’m going to add a pin2dmd on my roadshow, and I was thinking if there was someone who has a full (or project) color file from the roadshow? It would really help me out, ofcourse if a small donation is needed that wouldn’t be a problem!
Regards,
Dwight

#2372 3 years ago

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4160-red-teds-road-show-wip/
I think this is the link to the discussion. It should all be in that.

#2373 3 years ago

I got a file, thank you guys !

#2374 3 years ago

Hi all, I just joined the club a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving the game. I'm having a couple of issues and wondering if anyone has experienced them:

1 - When I get the chance to purchase an item from Bobs Bunker Store (or whatever it's called) I can't seem to select "yes" with the right flipper button. Selecting "no" does work with the left flipper. The right flipper button seems to work for all other functions (engaging the flipper, choosing my initials in the high score menu, etc.) Any thoughts?

2 - The ball seems to get stuck somewhat frequently (I only have one other person to compare it to). This seems to happen on the sensors that the ball rolls over or under. Most commonly on the lower right loop when the pop bumpers push the ball up the opposite way the ball would normally travel through that loop.

Curious to see if anyone else has had these issues. Thanks!

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from jtbassic:

Hi all, I just joined the club a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving the game. I'm having a couple of issues and wondering if anyone has experienced them:
1 - When I get the chance to purchase an item from Bobs Bunker Store (or whatever it's called) I can't seem to select "yes" with the right flipper button. Selecting "no" does work with the left flipper. The right flipper button seems to work for all other functions (engaging the flipper, choosing my initials in the high score menu, etc.) Any thoughts?
2 - The ball seems to get stuck somewhat frequently (I only have one other person to compare it to). This seems to happen on the sensors that the ball rolls over or under. Most commonly on the lower right loop when the pop bumpers push the ball up the opposite way the ball would normally travel through that loop.
Curious to see if anyone else has had these issues. Thanks!

If your flippers work otherwise, I would suspect the data cable to the MPU from the Fliptronics II board, the switch issue I would look at the switch and see if its not centered in the slot and impinging on the ball movement...probably easy to remove from the bottom of the playfield...

#2376 3 years ago

I'm having issues putting my RS back together, does anyone know where this 4 pin ground connector goes? I don't see anything that's not keyed.

PXL_20210103_213538290 (resized).jpgPXL_20210103_213538290 (resized).jpg
#2377 3 years ago

You can follow the wires down and looks to be the speaker wires, since you have a connector unhooked from your sound board. pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You can follow the wires down and looks to be the speaker wires, since you have a connector unhooked from your sound board. [quoted image]

Thank you! Awesome yeah thats where I had it before but i was worried that it was wrong because it wasn't keyed correctly.

#2379 3 years ago

I usually write the number on the side of the connector when doing a project like this even though most are keyed.

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Thank you! Awesome yeah thats where I had it before but i was worried that it was wrong because it wasn't keyed correctly.

You may have it mixed with the connector to the right of the one connector that was unplugged. Usually one of these is missing a key in the female side for some reason on all WPC games. Never understood why the factory did that.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I usually write the number on the side of the connector when doing a project like this even though most are keyed.

I'm doing that from now on. I took a TON of pictures this go around but just wanted check you guys to make sure. Thanks everyone!

#2382 3 years ago

Had a problem with Teds eyes getting stuck closed. For the record.
They opened ok until the multi ball sequence they would no longer open.

Removed his hat and both head plastics. Used the 1/4” head wrench and screw fitting as in photo.
The end of stroke on the close eyes was too long (spring return) and the plunger must have just come out enough of the coil to not go back in the coil when fired. This can’t be seen but can be felt when trying to push the plunger into the coil.

The fix in the photo didn’t require the removal of his head from the pf.
A piece of Perspex was cut to size with 2 holes for the screws. (The screws hold the coil stops below.)
I used a silicone dome, like on kitchen doors to stop soft. Centred on where the stroke ends. This limits the travel just enough to stop the problem.

26EB586F-539A-44C3-8B26-F9F2AD46737C (resized).jpeg26EB586F-539A-44C3-8B26-F9F2AD46737C (resized).jpeg55EE0655-2122-4B36-BD3B-18D27F3DDB84 (resized).jpeg55EE0655-2122-4B36-BD3B-18D27F3DDB84 (resized).jpeg
#2383 3 years ago

Anyone ever do custom speech for red and Ted using a pinsound?

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone ever do custom speech for red and Ted using a pinsound?

No but that would be sweet...I could think of lots of different things Red could say....

#2385 3 years ago

I've always thought it would be awesome to do a retheme of RS called "Freak Show" where red and ted's faces were off, it would be horror movie themed (like EHOH) but instead of cities it would be rooms in the house that red and ted would be chasing you. I mean, the games pretty messed up as it is with Red and Ted running people over in the modes anyways.... Might as well bring it to the next level

#2386 3 years ago

My Roadshow restoration is under way. Here is the backbox and the faces custom painted. Anyone have a pic of the backboard decal installed? That’s the next step for me

0D0389FD-6932-431F-9495-9E700AB18D7E (resized).jpeg0D0389FD-6932-431F-9495-9E700AB18D7E (resized).jpeg503C9437-2F30-4FF5-8F6A-7C6CC0DFD428 (resized).jpeg503C9437-2F30-4FF5-8F6A-7C6CC0DFD428 (resized).jpegCDC11DC7-6975-47C5-B4CA-B1A236158B2E (resized).jpegCDC11DC7-6975-47C5-B4CA-B1A236158B2E (resized).jpeg
#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

No but that would be sweet...I could think of lots of different things Red could say....

What would you have them say? I think the size of what they say would need to match so when there mouths open it looks right

#2388 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What would you have them say? I think the size of what they say would need to match so when there mouths open it looks right

true...something to keep in mind...I'm sure someone could come up some short lines to match the movement....

#2389 3 years ago

I think just an engine start sound with the engine idle shaker motor would be really simple and cool at game start, similar to Getaway.

#2390 3 years ago

Im having a issue with my bulldozer in front of Ted.

The blade goes up and down fine in test mode. Both up and down optos work.

Both eddy sensors work.

But after I lock 2 ball and you need to shoot into Teds mouth the blade does not come up. Sometimes it comes up in very small increments till it is finally up. Keep in mind it works strong up and down in test mode.

#2391 3 years ago

Hey Guys,

could anyone give me some pointers as to why when I use my left flipper its is now killing the game and restarting it?

I already replaced the flipper coils with no success.

Thanks in advance!

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Hey Guys,
could anyone give me some pointers as to why when I use my left flipper its is now killing the game and restarting it?
I already replaced the flipper coils with no success.
Thanks in advance!

Check your connectors at the left side (power input) of the Power Driver Board.

#2393 3 years ago

Does anyone happen to have one of those toppers from pinballtoppers.com with the beacons that they want to sell? I'm interested in a topper for my roadshow and don't really like the laseriffics one or toppers like it that are basically just backlit acrylic. I realize that the pinballtoppers.com one hasn't been available for a few years, but I figured it never to hurts to ask.

Please PM me if you have one for sale.

Thanks!

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Im having a issue with my bulldozer in front of Ted.
The blade goes up and down fine in test mode. Both up and down optos work.
Both eddy sensors work.
But after I lock 2 ball and you need to shoot into Teds mouth the blade does not come up. Sometimes it comes up in very small increments till it is finally up. Keep in mind it works strong up and down in test mode.

Check your wire connections. Put game in switch test mode and jiggle the wires underneath the playfield going to the motor board. Anything registering?

#2395 3 years ago

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have posted in the correct place - can't seem to find a 'New Post' link. Anyway, here goes. A while back (about 6 years) I replaced the coil on Ted's eyelids, put it all back together and turned on the machine - smoked appeared from behind Ted's head. I switched the machine off and left it off until a few weeks ago. I built up the courage to switch the machine back on. Everything works fine except Red and Ted's eyes and eyelids do not work at all. Previously, everything worked apart from Ted's lids. So, there must be a common issue - could it be a lead that feeds all six coils or maybe the transistors? I don't want to strip both heads out of the machine if it could be a simple fix or just to narrow down the issue. I'm not fully proficient in electronics. I do have the manual but unsure about the wiring diagrams and where to look first.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Simon

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from simonlindsay:

Hi,
I'm not sure if I have posted in the correct place - can't seem to find a 'New Post' link. Anyway, here goes. A while back (about 6 years) I replaced the coil on Ted's eyelids, put it all back together and turned on the machine - smoked appeared from behind Ted's head. I switched the machine off and left it off until a few weeks ago. I built up the courage to switch the machine back on. Everything works fine except Red and Ted's eyes and eyelids do not work at all. Previously, everything worked apart from Ted's lids. So, there must be a common issue - could it be a lead that feeds all six coils or maybe the transistors? I don't want to strip both heads out of the machine if it could be a simple fix or just to narrow down the issue. I'm not fully proficient in electronics. I do have the manual but unsure about the wiring diagrams and where to look first.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
Simon

It’s been switched off for the last 6yrs?? You have some restraint! I hope you changed or removed the 3x AA CPU batteries in the back box while it was sitting idle...

I’ve bought and sold 3 Roadshows in that time - and I want another!

Smoke is never good, and if it came from the head then chances are you have at least 1 problem there. Check the fuses in the back box by visually inspecting them first, then if nothing obvious try removing them and doing a continuity test. Maybe check the head cables connector underneath. The manual will tell you which transistor and fuses could be the culprit. Beyond that it’s going to be quite tricky... you may need to repair the boards.

Did you use the right coil, with diode?

Luckily it was my Red’s head, could’ve set fire to her hair

#2397 3 years ago

Thanks MonkeyBoyPaul for your response. I did take out the batteries and, as I said previously, everything works great apart from the eyes and lids. I was too scared to turn it back on in case it went up in flames!!! Anyway, I'll take Ted's head out first and have a look as I may have wired the coil or the diode wrong. Regarding fuses, I checked every one when I first started the machine back up and found that about 80% were the wrong ones!!! I'm surprised that something didn't go wrong earlier. As a result of that, I checked my other pinball machines and found a couple of fuses were wrong.

#2398 3 years ago

I noticed my RS has two GI leds in different colours. The rest I believe is comet sunlight but one pictured has a red (behind upper flipper) and the other is orange (in the U Turn area) .

I guess who LEDed this before me was either being lazy or inventive?

Assuming all GI should be white?

Hey MonkeyboyPaul, was done after you had it I assume? (she's being well cared for btw)
20210121_112924 (resized).jpg20210121_112924 (resized).jpg20210121_112941 (resized).jpg20210121_112941 (resized).jpg

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I noticed my RS has two GI leds in different colours. The rest I believe is comet sunlight but one pictured has a red (behind upper flipper) and the other is orange (in the U Turn area) .
I guess who LEDed this before me was either being lazy or inventive?
Assuming all GI should be white?
Hey MonkeyboyPaul, was done after you had it I assume? (she's being well cared for btw)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I sold it fully incandescent (used the Comets I had in Fish Tales instead!), and all GI in Roadshow is standard bulbs, or whatever white LED you choose to use. I’d use Sunlight for everything on RS.

1 week later
#2400 3 years ago

I sold a nice RS years ago, never liked the music. But now I bought another one end installed a pinsound. Made my own mix using System of a Down music. Loving it and will be posting a video soon.

Also stripped the black apron and went with the stainless look. My daughter painted the radio.

11D22C27-3DDB-4102-A088-425CEDF49DF6 (resized).jpeg11D22C27-3DDB-4102-A088-425CEDF49DF6 (resized).jpeg44CF2CEC-5D06-440F-BB40-839CB6E574A2 (resized).jpeg44CF2CEC-5D06-440F-BB40-839CB6E574A2 (resized).jpeg76D869B7-6422-48F5-9EDA-E01866AEE72F (resized).jpeg76D869B7-6422-48F5-9EDA-E01866AEE72F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/48?hl=dwightheinink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.