New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,305 posts
  • 316 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 602 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201022_225320 (resized).jpg
20201023_001127 (resized).jpg
20201022_225332 (resized).jpg
B400757D-3A3D-448D-A76D-04CB3D1475BD (resized).jpeg
1F406EF5-1A54-4534-960F-42FE1AB50085 (resized).jpeg
5FA52CBC-EA06-483E-8B07-6B6A5309B339 (resized).jpeg
pf (resized).jpg
20200828_193800 (resized).jpg
20200828_193812 (resized).jpg
20200828_190817 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200829-181841_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
15987106218726724764244660562610 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200829-115722_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
20200829_132002 (resized).jpg
20200829_112008 (resized).jpg
20200829_095234 (resized).jpg

There are 2305 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.
#2251 48 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I need a translite too but this post is about the decal for the backboard behind Teds head

I believe the decal you're referring too is just a mod that some people do. From the factory, that panel is just black. Get yourself a roll of yellow or orange vinyl or duct tape and make your own stripes the way you like.

#2252 45 days ago

Can anyone help with Updated roms so that the cities are in random order? I don’t have rom copying abilities

#2253 45 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone help with Updated roms so that the cities are in random order? I don’t have rom copying abilities

reach out to Matts basement arcade...he's on pinside as well, but I forget is name here..take a peek in the markeplace...almost all of the rom ads are his...

#2254 45 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

reach out to Matts basement arcade...he's on pinside as well, but I forget is name here..take a peek in the markeplace...almost all of the rom ads are his...

Thanks!
I can’t seem to contact him via his website nor find any rom ads here

#2255 45 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks!
I can’t seem to contact him via his website nor find any rom ads here

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1083-matt-s-basement-arcade/00924-roadshow-pinball-cpu-rom-u6

I don't believe that is the version you want, but that is him....

#2256 45 days ago

Much appreciated, don’t think they are the roms I’m after but I’ve asked anyway

#2257 44 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I had purchased my RS rom (and other roms) from Dave Astill (astill entertainment) out of Canada. He's on pinside and has a website: http://www.pinballrom.com/ Very responsive if you have questions.

#2258 44 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Bought mine from hobbyroms.com

#2259 39 days ago

I’ve got an extra, clear plastic protector I don’t need. It’s for the blast zone plastic. New, and unused. If anyone wants it, Hit me up.

#2260 39 days ago

hi im in need of a TED face plastik if anyone has a spare one and is willing to sell it and can send it to germany please write me a message would appreciate it

#2261 39 days ago

I’m having problems with Ted’s bulldozer and I’m looking for some help.

Ted registers hits and you can advance through the days of the week and lock balls. After locking ball 2 Ted goes to sleep, his mouth opens up, but the bulldozer doesn’t raise, so you can never start multiball. The bulldozer operates as it’s supposed to in test, so I’m at a loss what to look at next.

#2262 39 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I’m having problems with Ted’s bulldozer and I’m looking for some help.
Ted registers hits and you can advance through the days of the week and lock balls. After locking ball 2 Ted goes to sleep, his mouth opens up, but the bulldozer doesn’t raise, so you can never start multiball. The bulldozer operates as it’s supposed to in test, so I’m at a loss what to look at next.

Check for a loose wire on the connectors under the playfield. Go into test mode and move the wires around to see if anything registers, which would suggest a loose wire.

#2263 34 days ago

Does anyone here have a nice spare translite at all? Mine is flaking all over the place

#2264 34 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone here have a nice spare translite at all? Mine is flaking all over the place

Been looking for one too...seem to be unobtainium

#2265 34 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check for a loose wire on the connectors under the playfield. Go into test mode and move the wires around to see if anything registers, which would suggest a loose wire.

Man I love the easy fixes, the connector had vibrated loose from the jaw motor opto board.

#2266 34 days ago

Got some new ramps on the way from Jody. Anyone know where to get new decals for the ramps? Thanks!

#2267 34 days ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Got some new ramps on the way from Jody. Anyone know where to get new decals for the ramps? Thanks!

I just bought ramps from Jody too and ordered the ramp decals from Pinball Center, I know their reputation doesn’t seem to be great but it’s the only place I’ve seen them

#2268 34 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just bought ramps from Jody too and ordered the ramp decals from Pinball Center, I know their reputation doesn’t seem to be great but it’s the only place I’ve seen them

I just installed my Pinball Center stickers and they look fine compared to the original.

#2269 34 days ago
Quoted from schwism:

I just installed my Pinball Center stickers and they look fine compared to the original.

Good to know cheers!

#2270 33 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just bought ramps from Jody too and ordered the ramp decals from Pinball Center. I know their reputation doesn’t seem to be great but it’s the only place I’ve seen them.

Quoted from schwism:

schwism, How did you get the decals? I thought Pinball Center stopped shipping to the US.

#2271 33 days ago

Just a heads up, I have 2 set of RS ramps going out today, and I have 2-3 sets left...and that will probably be it for Road show in 2020.

#2272 33 days ago
Quoted from schwism:

Did the same, the decals look fine. Took a little bit of time for centering and trimming to match them up to the originals. Overall, very happy!

#2273 33 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

schwism, How did you get the decals? I thought Pinball Center stopped shipping to the US.

They don’t ship directly here. There’s a Pinsider who regularly does a group order so that’s an option. I ended up setting up a mailbox in Germany (it’s free) to receive the shipment. The company then sends it to the US.

#2274 33 days ago
Quoted from schwism:

They don’t ship directly here. There’s a Pinsider who regularly does a group order so that’s an option. I ended up setting up a mailbox in Germany (it’s free) to receive the shipment. The company then sends it to the US.

Well I'm in for a set if anyones does a group buy

#2275 33 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Well I'm in for a set if anyones does a group buy

Me too!

#2276 31 days ago

The dozer pivot bolt/screw on the right side of Ted's head (looking from the player's position) came loose on my machine. looks like a lot of work... ugh.

I've done a few playfield teardowns (funhouse, champion pub, and F-14), but Funhouse looks a bit more intense. i'm hoping I can get on the bolt with a long box end wrench, but I am not too optimistic.

Any advice?

#2277 31 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I got my rom from Hobbyroms.com

#2278 31 days ago
Quoted from Scroat:

The dozer pivot bolt/screw on the right side of Ted's head (looking from the player's position) came loose on my machine. looks like a lot of work... ugh.
I've done a few playfield teardowns (funhouse, champion pub, and F-14), but Funhouse looks a bit more intense. i'm hoping I can get on the bolt with a long box end wrench, but I am not too optimistic.
Any advice?

I’ve done teardowns on FH, RS and F14 as well as Earthshaker. Road Show is not bad. As I recall you’ll need to remove the plastic ramps. There are Molex plugs to disconnect wiring and you have to remove the left diverter but not the top diverter. With those out of the way you will need a Phillips bit and a wrench to turn it since there’s not a lot of room.

Good luck!

#2279 31 days ago

I know this is a general question..

On two occasions my right flipper has stuck up. Just touching it with my finger causes it to drop.
What could cause this?
Anything i should check?

#2280 31 days ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

On two occasions my right flipper has stuck up. Just touching it with my finger causes it to drop.
What could cause this?
Anything i should check?

sounds like a mechanical impingement, I would look at the stop and coil sleeve first.

#2281 30 days ago

What could cause this?
Anything i should check?

Col sleeve, coil stop, and see if the flipper pawl is getting hung up on the EOS switch due to the shrink tube on the pawl getting shredded.

#2282 30 days ago

What could cause this?
Anything i should check?

When flipper is in stuck position turn the game power off. If the bat "unstuck" automatically its an electrical problem, like magnetism or similar. If it doesnt it's mechanical and you should replace coil stop/plunger/sleeve.

#2283 29 days ago

My Road Show has a reset problem, but unlike most, it is not random: it occurs when you hit the blasting zone after going through the left loop that gives "Fire in the hold". It is consistent and very easy to reproduce with the glass off. I have made the game playable by disconnecting the connector to the blasting zone.

Any advice as to where to look for the culprit?

1 week later
#2284 20 days ago

Sometimes the ball fires out of Start City and hits the bottom of the slingshot and goes SDTM. Is there anything I can adjust to ensure it always delivers it to the flipper?

#2285 19 days ago

You could try pulling the Mech from the pf and give it a look. Pull the coil, It might just need a clean or maybe new coil sleeve. Check everything is in correct alignment. Spend a bit of time and give it some love.

#2286 18 days ago

I'm preparing an order for parts and I need to find the part number for the roll pins used in these two assemblies (controlling the eyelids in Red & Ted heads):

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=A-14030
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=02-4492

Apparently my google-fu isn't good enough as I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Any help is appreciated!

#2287 18 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm preparing an order for parts and I need to find the part number for the roll pins used in these two assemblies (controlling the eyelids in Red & Ted heads):
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=A-14030
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=02-4492
Apparently my google-fu isn't good enough as I can't seem to find that info anywhere.
Any help is appreciated!

According to parts list, this the only type: 20-8716-5.

#2288 16 days ago

So, according to the PDF manual from ipdb the two long shooter springs are:
10-148-7 Power Spring, White
10-148-4 Power Spring, Green

While https://www.moll.no/pinball/jsparts/RS.php states the following:
10-148-1 spring-shooter silver .035
10-148-7 spring-shooter white .028

If I search on Marcos for "road show shooter spring" I get all three shooter springs as a match (-7, -4, -1) which really doesn't help

I usually tend to trust the manual, but I also know there have been many typos and faults in different pinball manuals so I'm curious which spring to use, green or silver? What are you all using? Or is both wrong and you have found out that another color actually make the secondary skill-shot better.

#2289 15 days ago

I had green and white in mine...was working fine!

#2290 14 days ago

My artist friend customized my radio for me. She nailed it! Check out the shading on the speakers. She might consider doing another one.

5FA52CBC-EA06-483E-8B07-6B6A5309B339 (resized).jpeg
#2291 14 days ago

I have installed the RS Pin to DMD colour code released recently. It’s beta code but it is progressing really well. This is going to make this pin really special. It’s something to consider for this game. It must have one of the best dot graphics for its era.

1F406EF5-1A54-4534-960F-42FE1AB50085 (resized).jpeg
#2292 13 days ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I have installed the RS Pin to DMD colour code released recently. It’s beta code but it is progressing really well. This is going to make this pin really special. It’s something to consider for this game. It must have one of the best dot graphics for its era.
[quoted image]

So this is different from colorDMD? How does it work, I've only recently started hearing about people using Pin to DMD on their pins.

#2293 13 days ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

[quoted image]

where did you get those files from?

#2294 13 days ago

Vp universe RS thread. Make a donation and you get access to the files.
I bought the hardware from a guy who makes them. I think there are instructions for that. It’s a way cheaper option for me in Australia. Quality is great. Colour and brightness is adjustable beyond required.

#2295 12 days ago

I've got a Pin2dmd for mine also. The colour file isn't finished, everything is coloured it can just be a bit janky when transitioning between frames

#2296 10 days ago

My game reports sound ROM is P3 which obviously is the prototype version. Anyone know if there is a big difference between P3 and the official L1?

Obviously I want the latest and greatest in general but if the differences is minimal then I'm not sure it's worth the cost of buying/shipping the L1 set.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the actual ROMs. According to ipdb.org P3 is U2 (only?) but my sound board have U2-U8 currently occupied with ROM chips. If I get L1 I do have to buy/change all U2-U8 right?

Lastly, the security chip is only coupled with the game ROM yes? So I can change sound ROMs without doing anything about the security chip?

#2297 10 days ago

*Preliminary*. Not prototype. More like a 'Beta' than an 'Alpha'.

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

According to ipdb.org P3 is U2 (only?) but my sound board have U2-U8 currently occupied with ROM chips. If I get L1 I do have to buy/change all U2-U8 right?

No. It means that U3-U8 were unchanged since the release before that, so they do not have to be changed with U2. Usually, the U3-U8 are the binary data for the sounds, and THOSE didn't change - U2 is the code to call and volumne and such, and that was the only thing changed. So, just change U3.

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Lastly, the security chip is only coupled with the game ROM yes? So I can change sound ROMs without doing anything about the security chip?

Correct, that is why the security chip is on the MPU, and not the sound board. Also, the security chip is NOT tied to the VERSION of game ROM. Just the game itself. You will never have to change the security chip (unless yours goes bad.)

#2298 7 days ago

What’s the going rate on a roadshow these days.

#2299 7 days ago

Just joined the club. Got my RS setup for the first time today, but I'm having an issue with Ted's dozer. It randomly goes up and down during play, and will score points when it does this. It registers shots correctly, but sometime during play it will just start going up and down and scoring points, but it doesn't actually trigger day progression or anything.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could a problem with one of the eddy boards cause this type of behavior? Just trying to figure out where to start. Thanks in advance.

#2300 7 days ago

Going from memory - theres an eddy board on both sides of the dozer. The inside one is likely your issue, sounds like the game thinks there is a ball inside the dozer. Lift playfield and adjust the eddy sensor. If the led is on, the switch is closed. Back the pot off until the led goes out, and test with a ball above the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 2305 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside