(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 82.
#2151 3 years ago

So the ball on my Road Show keeps getting stuck between the plastic and the ramp just behind the Start City Event hole. I have to have something jammed in there to stop it from getting stuck. I am presuming this isnt a common issue on RoadShows so why does it happen on mine? Is there something missing from my playfield? I can see that the plastic is broken a little but I am not sure if that is causing the issue.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2152 3 years ago

I have never had that happen on my Roadshow. Maybe the broken plastic is letting an airball jump up onto the plastic and stop there.

#2153 3 years ago

Maybe a couple of washers on the star post under the broken bit will raise it enough.

#2154 3 years ago

I have never seen the ball stuck in that area. I reckon it's the broken plastic and maybe a smaller nut allowing the ball into that area.

#2155 3 years ago

Hello Road Show friends! I'm brand new to owning machines, and trying to troubleshoot why I lost all of the area lighting in the bottom right area of my new to me Road Show. I've looked through the manual but still learning how to read them. Any thoughts as to what could troubleshoot this area lighting?

20200802_030249 (resized).jpg20200802_030249 (resized).jpg
#2156 3 years ago
Quoted from Ravencoaster:

Hello Road Show friends! I'm brand new to owning machines, and trying to troubleshoot why I lost all of the area lighting in the bottom right area of my new to me Road Show. I've looked through the manual but still learning how to read them. Any thoughts as to what could troubleshoot this area lighting?
[quoted image]

I had a similar problem in a T2 pinball, please try to reseat the ribbon cable between the CPU board and the power driver board

#2157 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Also, try checking continuity on fuses F106 through F110. Make sure you pull the fuses out when checking with your meter.

#2158 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Also, try checking continuity on fuses F106 through F110. Make sure you pull the fuses out when checking with your meter.

All 5 fuses are 5amp slo-blow!

#2159 3 years ago

[quoted image]

did you check the connector to the Power Driver Board (J-120)? common failure point for the pins to overheat and lose contact.

#2160 3 years ago

I just tried reseating J120 and the CPU -> power driver ribbon cable, still dark in that lower right area. Need to bring home my Multi to test the continuity on those fuses. Thanks for the suggestions, I love learning about this!

1 week later
#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

You're the winner! Thanks everyone for the ideas, blown fuse it was this time. Great community here, and it's much appreciated.

#2162 3 years ago

You're the winner! Thanks everyone for the ideas, blown fuse it was this time. Great community here, and it's much appreciated.

Sometimes it's a easy fix. Glad you got your RS lighting up and running!!

#2163 3 years ago

May I say, Planetary Pinball really needs to start making some parts for Roadshow! Almost every game specific part is out of stock everywhere. I know I could use both jaws, eye parts, dozer parts ect.

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

May I say, Planetary Pinball really needs to start making some parts for Roadshow! Almost every game specific part is out of stock everywhere. I know I could use both jaws, eye parts, dozer parts ect.

Totally agree with everything mentioned above! ^^^^^

Also... Ramp decals would be nice, as Ramp-O-Matic has reproduced the ramps recently on Roadshow !!

RS1.JPG.pdfRS1.JPG.pdf
#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Totally agree with everything mentioned above! ^^^^^
Also... Ramp decals would be nice, as Ramp-O-Matic has reproduced the ramps recently on Roadshow !![quoted image]

That's purdy!

#2166 3 years ago

Thats awesome but what are ramps without the decals. Common Rick, lets get some parts made!

#2167 3 years ago

Re-did my Road Show !!

59CDD577-072D-4734-B29F-AE10C999EB2F (resized).jpeg59CDD577-072D-4734-B29F-AE10C999EB2F (resized).jpeg7FAC0AE9-1DE0-47B6-A699-675A7BF9BED7 (resized).jpeg7FAC0AE9-1DE0-47B6-A699-675A7BF9BED7 (resized).jpegF544A105-F7C8-403E-8212-FB379EBAB2BD (resized).jpegF544A105-F7C8-403E-8212-FB379EBAB2BD (resized).jpeg
#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Sometimes it's a easy fix. Glad you got your RS lighting up and running!!

Wish it was that easy! put a new 5A/250 fuse in there and it popped within a minute. Any basic troubleshooting on that, or is it going to take a more detailed look at the system?

#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Re-did my Road Show !!

Gorgeous! Looks brand new!

#2170 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Gorgeous! Looks brand new!

Cab looks really good! I gotta ask. Is the chicken all scratched up? Does anyone not have a scratched up chicken? We need repro translites.

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Cab looks really good! I gotta ask. Is the chicken all scratched up? Does anyone not have a scratched up chicken? We need repro translites.

My chicken is scratch free !!

#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

No scratches on my chicken, but my translite does have a couple other minor boo boo's. Classic Arcades was making repro translites, but very recently they either ran out of them or were forced to stop making them. It's now gone from their website and no longer on listed ebay.

#2173 3 years ago

I need a translite and ramp decals too, does anyone have a lead on those?

#2174 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

No scratches on my chicken, but my translite does have a couple other minor boo boo's. Classic Arcades was making repro translites, but very recently they either ran out of them or were forced to stop making them. It's now gone from their website and no longer on listed ebay.

I had no idea. I guess I need to pay more attn. thanks!

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hello,

both parts are available at Pinball.Center, they're located in Germany but they do ship worldwide.

Problem is, shipping to Australia costs 59€...

#2176 3 years ago

Oh, and Hi everyone,

I join the ranks of the owners of this great pinball machine, my first one, and probably not the last!

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainCaverne:

both parts are available at Pinball.Center, they're located in Germany but they do ship worldwide.

Buyer beware. They sell parts that they make themselves without any license. The quality is often very poor.

#2178 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Buyer beware. They sell parts that they make themselves without any license. The quality is often very poor.

funny should say that...I was looking at the eye balls for Red and Ted...the picture looks as if someone had pained the eye color...pretty poor job too...

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Contact Zitt here on Pinside. He's taking orders for a large purchase from the Pinball Center in Europe at the end of August. I've already signed-up for the RS ramp decals.

It appears they have the RS translite too

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/ramps/10077/ramp-decal-set-for-road-show

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/road-show/9652/translite-for-road-show?number=65262

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I agree.
"Reproduction. High Quality Print!" means Reproduction. POS Quality Print.

#2181 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Contact Zitt here on Pinside. He's taking orders for a large purchase from the Pinball Center in Europe at the end of August. I've already signed-up for the RS ramp decals.
It appears they have the RS translite too
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/ramps/10077/ramp-decal-set-for-road-show
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/road-show/9652/translite-for-road-show?number=65262

Has anyone seen the quality of the translite?

#2182 3 years ago

I’d like to see original translite and pinball center ones side by side if anyone can share? Doesn’t have to be roadshow

#2183 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’d like to see original translite and pinball center ones side by side if anyone can share? Doesn’t have to be roadshow

Not a translite - but now you have an idea about their quality thinking. Original and repro ramp decal, and apron decal.

20180622_075126 (resized).jpg20180622_075126 (resized).jpg20180622_075101 (resized).jpg20180622_075101 (resized).jpg20180621_212148 (resized).jpg20180621_212148 (resized).jpg
#2184 3 years ago

Another example from pinball.center. Notice how the greens are totally missing, and the yellow/browns are totally off. Just looks absolutely terrible.

When contacted, they just say that all pinball colors vary, because of age and fading...

58373939_330209724327703_3244725531588952064_n (resized).jpg58373939_330209724327703_3244725531588952064_n (resized).jpg
#2185 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

When contacted, they just say that all pinball colors vary, because of age and fading...

Pinball Center: delivering pre faded products (TM)

#2186 3 years ago

That Fish Tales one looks terrible

#2187 3 years ago

Ignore, see below

#2188 3 years ago

I figured out the problem but no idea how to fix it, Road Show friends please look at my post!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-lamp-screws-up-matrix-and-should-be-on-gi-but-how-#post-5807540
Basically the spotlight was on the normal laml matrix and the bridge out R is on the GI.
Should be the other way around but I have nk idea how to swap them and if I'll just have the same matrix issues but with the spot working on gi.

Edit, swapped the connectors under playfield... I'm such a newbie i didn't realise they were there. I guess the solution seems simple in hindsight

#2189 3 years ago

Hey, here is my newest pin

20200821_110501 (resized).jpg20200821_110501 (resized).jpg20200821_110507 (resized).jpg20200821_110507 (resized).jpg
#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Hey, here is my newest pin

Welcome to the club. I love that topper!

#2191 3 years ago

Ok so my official entering into the club as I've fixed the issues!

So pleased to finally have Ted in my life!

A question, does anyone else's bulldozer blade go up wonky? It's as if the right side gets up a bit before the left.

Also the plastic I've put on the keyring, is it official and where does it go?
It was flat in front of Red hiding the spotlight which was in the wrong location. Upon moving the spotlight i didn't know what to do with it.

20200821_185104 (resized).jpg20200821_185104 (resized).jpg20200821_185114 (resized).jpg20200821_185114 (resized).jpg
#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, it was made by the pre owner. The light stuff in the topper rotates when a multiball is started.

#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had made something similar for mine.

D52F2227-10AD-4F9C-85F8-A3CFDA0F4688 (resized).jpegD52F2227-10AD-4F9C-85F8-A3CFDA0F4688 (resized).jpeg
#2194 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Ok so my official entering into the club as I've fixed the issues!
So pleased to finally have Ted in my life!
A question, does anyone else's bulldozer blade go up wonky? It's as if the right side gets up a bit before the left.
Also the plastic I've put on the keyring, is it official and where does it go?
It was flat in front of Red hiding the spotlight which was in the wrong location. Upon moving the spotlight i didn't know what to do with it. [quoted image][quoted image]

My dozer blade did the same thing. I cleaned the opto and it fixed it but I’d like to get one of the new dozer blade opto’s to have as a backup but they seem to be sold out everywhere.

#2195 3 years ago
Quoted from BuddyandBean:

My dozer blade did the same thing. I cleaned the opto and it fixed it but I’d like to get one of the new dozer blade opto’s to have as a backup but they seem to be sold out everywhere.

Could you explain? I noticed the motor for it only attaches on one side so wondered if that was why.

#2196 3 years ago

Could you explain? I noticed the motor for it only attaches on one side so wondered if that was why.

Try taking the opto board out. Run a qtip in between the sensors to clean it and make sure the pins have good connections. Mine was filthy and the shaker motor in this game is so strong that I think it wiggles a lot of connections loose over time. Not sure if my problem was the connections or the dirt but it works perfectly now that I cleaned it and reconnected it.

15859FA0-FFF1-4F04-AF7A-40288A305871 (resized).png15859FA0-FFF1-4F04-AF7A-40288A305871 (resized).png
#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from BuddyandBean:

Try taking the opto board out. Run a qtip in between the sensors to clean it and make sure the pins have good connections. Mine was filthy and the shaker motor in this game is so strong that I think it wiggles a lot of connections loose over time. Not sure if my problem was the connections or the dirt but it works perfectly now that I cleaned it and reconnected it.
[quoted image]

Thanks! I'll take a look next time I've got the playfield up, which could be today or tomorrow as I've got tilt bobs coming (rs came without one!)

I'm still confused as to how that would mean the right side of the blade goes up before the left considering its only one motor. But I'm a newbie and learning by the day!

#2198 3 years ago

Check to see if the cog is missing a gear.

#2199 3 years ago

I'll take a look when possible. It seems when I think I've got it set up nice I notice something else I'd like to tweak

I found this at the bottom of the cab, is this anything to worry about? I couldn't see where it might have came from!

Also i get balls stuck under the lower mini left flipper. It has two posts with individual rubbers. I understand it should be one rubber spanning both, any idea what size rubber?
I ordered a replacement rubber set so hoping there's one in it.

20200823_191848 (resized).jpg20200823_191848 (resized).jpg
#2200 3 years ago

I'll take a look when possible. It seems when I think I've got it set up nice I notice something else I'd like to tweak
I found this at the bottom of the cab, is this anything to worry about? I couldn't see where it might have came from!
Also i get balls stuck under the lower mini left flipper. It has two posts with individual rubbers. I understand it should be one rubber spanning both, any idea what size rubber?
I ordered a replacement rubber set so hoping there's one in it.
[quoted image]

that's an OP amp maybe off of one of your under playfield boards...or someone just dropped it sometime in the past, I would think if you were missing it you would see something not working right, not sure about the ball getting stuck...at wrk now I'll look at it later

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 63.95
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/44?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.