(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 82.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Are the ramps ok? I have a lead on NOS right ramp, but it is quite pricy for my taste (275 eur). Pinball amigos miight also help you. They are building Crazy mansion pinball and have a gutted Roadhow machine. Pinballrockstar was so kind that he sent me a display cover of that Roadshow.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/3#post-3834533

Thanks. Already had contact but he does not have an extra head. But good tip anyway

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Hi,
on my road show my flipper button opto interrupter do not have the blue steel sping like this assembly in photo. My buttons have some gap with the opto blade when not pressed and I would like them to be a bit stiffer. Is it normal that I don't have this springs?[quoted image]

Fixed with a 3D print. No more play and a little stiffer, love it

IMG_20200210_191229__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200210_191229__01 (resized).jpg
#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Did anybody record a video playing with the new Soren ROM? Especially the new light show would be interesting - I never ever finished all 18 cities...

It was previewed in post 1680. The A one is closest to what it ended up with. You see this after 17 cities completed, when the adjustment is set to the full monty.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/34#post-4923102

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

It was previewed in post 1680. The A one is closest to what it ended up with. You see this after 17 cities completed, when the adjustment is set to the full monty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/34#post-4923102

that video is set to 'private' for me....? Can't view.

However i have just managed to get a ROM burnt with your updates, so thanks in advance! Are you working on lots of others games, or just a choice few?

#1955 4 years ago

See the Unofficial updates on this list...

http://tiltforums.com/t/list-of-games-with-their-current-code-number-wiki/3615

It is the best overview for the time being.

#1956 4 years ago

I am looking for a nice Road Show.
Looking through ads and pics I see them with a post in between the flippers some without,some with a flat circle there some with nothing
How was the game originally?
Thanks

#1957 4 years ago

Looking to join the club ! Does anyone stick the “bone busters” decals from their helmets ?

Also where is best place for cabinet decals
?

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I am looking for a nice Road Show.
Looking through ads and pics I see them with a post in between the flippers some without,some with a flat circle there some with nothing
How was the game originally?
Thanks

Early games had the post, was removed during the production run. I prefer without.

-Hans

#1959 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Early games had the post, was removed during the production run. I prefer without.

Agreed. It's already a long ball time game. The post makes it too easy.

#1960 4 years ago

Hello guys, I'm looking for a replacement for the spring in the picture (the one involved in bulldozer mechanism) unfortunately the manual doesn't specify a part n°... anyone can help me? Thanks!!

20200217_234809 (resized).jpg20200217_234809 (resized).jpg4582744c53b9d8a6779d4c4fea899b943df4ddba (resized).jpg4582744c53b9d8a6779d4c4fea899b943df4ddba (resized).jpg
#1961 4 years ago

Does anybody know a way to weaken the jaw motors? I think mine are too strong and are leading to the gears constantly stripping out. I have a fun house and it is on the same set of gears... road show I have gone through at least 5 sets. some times the sector gear gets a tooth busted off. some times its the double gear loosing a small or large tooth. I think If I can just calm the motors down a bit it would prevent this.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys, I'm looking for a replacement for the spring in the picture (the one involved in bulldozer mechanism) unfortunately the manual doesn't specify a part n°... anyone can help me? Thanks!![quoted image][quoted image]

Part is 10-408. This is a picture from the service bulletin
IMG_20200218_083633__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200218_083633__01 (resized).jpg

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Part is 10-408. This is a picture from the service bulletin
[quoted image]

Thank tou very much!!!!!

#1964 4 years ago

So know one knows where to get the stickers for their helmets?

#1965 4 years ago

Never mind found the, Little Shop of Games!

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Thank tou very much!!!!!

You're welcome
I've got a problem with my lockbar. Looks like with the weight of the glass tends to slide it forward. Is the red highlited bend suppose to sit on top of the cabinet (yellow line)? Mine tend to rest on the front of the cabinet scraping the decal. Thank you
IMG_20200216_133401__02 (resized).jpgIMG_20200216_133401__02 (resized).jpgIMG_20200217_192746 (resized).jpgIMG_20200217_192746 (resized).jpg

#1967 4 years ago

Bend the latch ears and maybe adjust your tension screws on the lockdown mech. If you have another lock down bar compare it for reference.

#1968 4 years ago

In the club and stoked

42ED4405-D01A-496C-B782-30E50E45C9FC (resized).jpeg42ED4405-D01A-496C-B782-30E50E45C9FC (resized).jpeg505AE9AC-A707-4E86-B57D-E06954ADF877 (resized).jpeg505AE9AC-A707-4E86-B57D-E06954ADF877 (resized).jpeg
#1969 4 years ago

In the club and stoked[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you got one with great colour.

#1970 4 years ago

Have a new problem in that the left flipper causes the game to reboot. Just started suddenly. Don’t think I have been near it. Tests fine, no problems. Any help or ideas. Thanks.

#1971 4 years ago

Is there a link to the upgraded rom to download?

#1972 4 years ago

Left flipper button actually activates 3 flippers, so it’s a significant amperage drop, more than other games where both L and R flippers are needed to cause a reset issue.

First spot to check is always the power connectors going into your power-driver board. When they start to get flaky is a common source of reset issues. Games reset any time the game dips below the magic 4.85 volts on the logic circuit.

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Left flipper button actually activates 3 flippers, so it’s a significant amperage drop, more than other games where both L and R flippers are needed to cause a reset issue.
First spot to check is always the power connectors going into your power-driver board. When they start to get flaky is a common source of reset issues. Games reset any time the game dips below the magic 4.85 volts on the logic circuit.

Thanks. I will check that. Appreciate

#1974 4 years ago

Oh no
New to this game teds eye during gameplay looks like it “fell off”
Anybody could point me in the right direction to fix would be fantastic
Thanks!

12C280B7-DF55-4F8A-AECC-DB88EEE6F5CD (resized).jpeg12C280B7-DF55-4F8A-AECC-DB88EEE6F5CD (resized).jpeg
#1975 4 years ago

Oh no
Thanks![quoted image]

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-8469-2&Category_Code=GS-1972

#1976 4 years ago

Ordered thank you!

#1977 4 years ago

Do I have to take the ramps off to replace this piece?
I wanted to hold off on cleaning it up cause I will never get my Drac done and want to play it everyday
If I do i guess I will put Drac on the backburner
Thanks again

#1978 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Thanks. I will check that. Appreciate

Also check that big white Z connector in the backbox. A very common culprit for resets on a Roadshow pin.

#1979 4 years ago

Do I have to take the ramps off to replace this piece?

Ted is a f to remove. Just search in this thread and you will see.

Don’t do what I did, I was trying to be lazy, just removing what I thought was needed. In the end, you have to remove everything.

The game plays fine with one eyelid less. I say, play it and do it when you have time. Lots of time.

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I don't know if there are other solutions in this thread. But all i could find when i needed to remove Ted was people saying how extremely difficult it was removing him. Practically everything around his head above and below the playfield would need to come off due to the dozer blade. I was hoping for a video guide or something, as i am a real novice at taking machines apart.

What i ended up doing will surely make a lot of people roll their eyes. But it worked perfectly for me, and saved me a lot of hours...

I simply ended up bending (straightening out) the 4 angled mounting points below the playfield, just enough to be able to pull Ted up from above the playfield. After a full restore, i put him down again (from the top side), and bent the mounts back into place and fastened him.

I knew there was a slight risk the metal would break when bending it. But the mounts are super simple, so in case that happened, i just decided i would make some new ones.

Bending the mounts meant that i practically didn't have to remove anything else, and made it just as easy as removing Red.

#1981 4 years ago

Oh no
Thanks![quoted image]

It's okay...Ted just had a stroke from all the years of drinking and partying he was doing.

#1982 4 years ago

Hi, has anyone mounted a playfield protector? I like to know which one has to most precise cut outs for RS. Thank you

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Don’t do what I did, I was trying to be lazy, just removing what I thought was needed. In the end, you have to remove everything.
The game plays fine with one eyelid less. I say, play it and do it when you have time. Lots of time.

Dang I was afraid of that.i thought I would ask before I tried it “looks like you could take a couple acres off and pop the front off
Good to know to keep playing it
I mean I just got the thing and am still just making a list
Thanks again

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Hi, has anyone mounted a playfield protector? I like to know which one has to most precise cut outs for RS. Thank you

The only type I’m aware of are from these guys:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

I have one waiting to be installed on RS, right after I finish putting TZ back together. TZ’s fitted very well.

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

I used the one thats from germany. It fit well but to be honest I didnt like it. I felt like the ball movement was different. Also, dust and dirt got under it easily. But lifting it to clean under is difficult. I ended up removing it by cutting it up into a bunch of pieces. I would use mylar strategically placed over certain key areas plus cliffys.

#1986 4 years ago

Are the auto sensing eddy boards still around for this game? Seem sold out on pin bits. Mine are working fairly well so no biggie I guess.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Are the auto sensing eddy boards still around for this game? Seem sold out on pin bits. Mine are working fairly well so no biggie I guess.

https://www.tanglestech.com/TPP-1023
Bought these, worked well on my pin

#1988 4 years ago

Two questions.

1. The left plunger is not strong enough to make it to the top should I user a stronger sprint than stock ?

2. On Ocassion their eyes don’t quite fully close or close slowly . Am I gonna have to remove the heads?

#1989 4 years ago

Oh yea and joined the club !

B2EA68E0-37C8-4BCB-A5FB-E0A1316CD647 (resized).jpegB2EA68E0-37C8-4BCB-A5FB-E0A1316CD647 (resized).jpeg
#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Two questions.
1. The left plunger is not strong enough to make it to the top should I user a stronger sprint than stock ?
2. On Ocassion their eyes don’t quite fully close or close slowly . Am I gonna have to remove the heads?

Unfortunately for 2, the answer is yes. You likely need a new spring and or centering grommet. Red is easy to get out, Ted not so much.

On the plunger, make sure ball is being struck in the center, but a new spring might be needed.

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Unfortunately for 2, the answer is yes. You likely need a new spring and or centering grommet. Red is easy to get out, Ted not so much.
On the plunger, make sure ball is being struck in the center, but a new spring might be needed.

Ok thanks was afraid so .. sounded like someone had luck operating on them above the playfield ? Anyhow
I will order the parts and see .

#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Here's a great tip, if you need to fix anything in one of the heads you don't really need to remove the head completely from the playfield. Just remove the hard hat, face and back of the head and with the help from some good lighting you'll be able to fix most of the stuff from there.

webdiddy can I fix the sprint and centering flange this way?

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from Juicerc51:

I used the one thats from germany. It fit well but to be honest I didnt like it. I felt like the ball movement was different. Also, dust and dirt got under it easily. But lifting it to clean under is difficult. I ended up removing it by cutting it up into a bunch of pieces. I would use mylar strategically placed over certain key areas plus cliffys.

Ok, thank you for the informations I probably will end up reclearing my playfield and enjoying it without the protector

#1994 4 years ago

We just recently joined the RS club and we love it! My wife was playing RS the other night and she did something during the game but isn't sure how she did it or how to replicate it because she's never gotten that far in the game before. She made it to Seattle on the map and during the city event somehow she got California to fall off the map on the DMD and it kicked her back to the east coast and she couldn't play the rest of the west coast cities. Does anyone know what she did or how to replicate it again? We can't find it anywhere. Thank you for your help!

20200126_042759 (resized).jpg20200126_042759 (resized).jpg
#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from Guero6371:

We just recently joined the RS club and we love it! My wife was playing RS the other night and she did something during the game but isn't sure how she did it or how to replicate it because she's never gotten that far in the game before. She made it to Seattle on the map and during the city event somehow she got California to fall off the map on the DMD and it kicked her back to the east coast and she couldn't play the rest of the west coast cities. Does anyone know what she did or how to replicate it again? We can't find it anywhere. Thank you for your help![quoted image]

http://pinball.org/rules/roadshow.html#Super_Payday

#1996 4 years ago

Got “cheeseburger” bonus, 20M. Never seen that before. Cant find it anywhere. Any ideas how I did it.

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Got “cheeseburger” bonus, 20M. Never seen that before. Cant find it anywhere. Any ideas how I did it.

So many hits to Red, varies pending on settings.

1 week later
#1998 4 years ago

My friend is rebuilding and had lit up the eyes of Red and Ted. Quite nice.

EF135A1C-F475-409B-A1A1-142AC4F58C87 (resized).jpegEF135A1C-F475-409B-A1A1-142AC4F58C87 (resized).jpeg
#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

My friend is rebuilding and had lit up the eyes of Red and Ted. Quite nice.[quoted image]

At first glance i find it increases the creepiness factor by 12!!!

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

At first glance i find it increases the creepiness factor by 12!!!

Hate to say it, but I agree completely. That's some funhouse stuff right there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/40?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.