(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 82.
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Hi,
since I have my road show (two month now) I have some marks on ted cheeks. I thought they were caused by balls hitting his face ( ). Today I got a ball stuck just under the dozer and I realized that those marks were made by the clear plastic dozer protection hitting the cheeks. It happens during multi ball when a ball pushes under the dozer. I see that there is a dozer version that doesn't have the clear plastic on top, maybe a improved part? Does anyone else have the same problem? Thank you and happy new year [quoted image][quoted image]

Can you please post a photo of the serial number? If possible also a machine number which is usually located in the upper right corner inside backbox. I am trying to figure out to what number ofthose machines had specific features. One of my three and a half Roadshows is machine number 400 and it does not have Red's hair texture, hole between flippers or dozer blade clear plastics.

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Hi,
since I have my road show (two month now) I have some marks on ted cheeks. I thought they were caused by balls hitting his face ( ). Today I got a ball stuck just under the dozer and I realized that those marks were made by the clear plastic dozer protection hitting the cheeks. It happens during multi ball when a ball pushes under the dozer. I see that there is a dozer version that doesn't have the clear plastic on top, maybe a improved part? Does anyone else have the same problem? Thank you and happy new year [quoted image][quoted image]

2 things... Why not just trim the clear plastic so it no longer makes contact with Ted's cheek. 2nd, the rubber on the single post is the wrong size, it needs to be a 7/16" OD, you have a 3/8" OD on there. Also , make sure you have 5/16" ID rings on the double star post, it looks like the ones you have are 3/16" ID. With the correct rubbers, the ball cant get stuck there.

#1903 4 years ago

On the topic of dozer blade protectors, is the dozer blade itself unobtanium? Can’t find it online, mine has a repaired crack. Before I go with Plan B (riveting a piece of painted stainless or something on it) I figure I’d check here...

#1904 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Early production machines had that protector. I have a stash of parts from parted out machine that came with preliminary manual. It had a playfield woth factory hole for post between the flippers. The back of Red's head also has a 3d structure for hair. I ll post some comparison pictures of that feature.

Ah yeah, I would love to see that. And thanks for the info - the RS I had (which is now under loving care of a friend) was a normal production machine, which would be why I never saw that.

#1905 4 years ago

I was able to get a new repro dozer blade from bay area. When restoring my old game I ended up not using it because the color was orangish. I had also bought the last hard hats from marcos they had. In the end I painted the original dozer blade and hard hats to match and keeping the new stuff for stock. I no longer have the game anymore though.

I was not able to find the dozer bumpers anywhere.

#1906 4 years ago

Speaking of the dozer blade, I have difficulty cleaning mine up. Novus 3 hasn’t worked. Can someone suggest something that will?

#1907 4 years ago

As promised - some photos of early production Roadshow items. Different back of Red's head (right one is an example of regular production back), playfield post hole, preliminary manual and dozer blade clear plastic.

IMG_6490.JPGIMG_6490.JPGIMG_6495.JPGIMG_6495.JPGIMG_6493.JPGIMG_6493.JPGIMG_6492.JPGIMG_6492.JPG
#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Can you please post a photo of the serial number? If possible also a machine number which is usually located in the upper right corner inside backbox. I am trying to figure out to what number ofthose machines had specific features. One of my three and a half Roadshows is machine number 400 and it does not have Red's hair texture, hole between flippers or dozer blade clear plastics.

Hi, here is my serial number and game number. Does this mean that my road show is the 524th produced? My game has the clear plastic on top of the dozer, does not have a hole for a center post and red does have textured hair.

IMG_20191123_115646__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191123_115646__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200107_000405 (resized).jpgIMG_20200107_000405 (resized).jpg
#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

2 things... Why not just trim the clear plastic so it no longer makes contact with Ted's cheek. 2nd, the rubber on the single post is the wrong size, it needs to be a 7/16" OD, you have a 3/8" OD on there. Also , make sure you have 5/16" ID rings on the double star post, it looks like the ones you have are 3/16" ID. With the correct rubbers, the ball cant get stuck there.

I will trim the plastic . I just ordered a specific road show rubber kit in white to replace all those black ones with the correct sizes

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Hi, here is my serial number and game number. Does this mean that my road show is the 524th produced? My game has the clear plastic on top of the dozer, does not have a hole for a center post and red does have textured hair.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the info. It is a machine number 1385.

#1911 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Does this mean that my road show is the 524th produced?

No, that's the Model Number of the game, minus country options. (50024). WMS back in the 90's didn't use serial numbers for serial numbers. (Hah, that makes perfect sense.)

#1912 4 years ago

Anyone put a pinsound board in their RS? I’m going to wait it out and go the Pin2DMD route for the display when a colorization is done, and that’s gonna give me some extra cash I can get a pinsound board with.

I’ve seen a few orchestrations on YouTube but they all seem to be the same one (CCR featured, not that there’s anything bad about that). I’m curious if anyone here has done their own and how it’s turned out. Could be a fun way to customize the game along with Soren’s mod...which is freaking awesome.

#1913 4 years ago

My boombox got a new look. Work by artist Mark Jarman. If you're interested contact user netman63129.....

20200111_160017 (resized).jpg20200111_160017 (resized).jpg20200111_160049 (resized).jpg20200111_160049 (resized).jpg
#1914 4 years ago

Ted’s eyes wouldn’t close last night. I hear solenoid firing in test mode, but not dropping. It’s either the spring, centering washer or post. Simple fix, but taking Ted out is going to be a chore, ugh!

Anyone have any tips? Seems like half the game needs to be disassembled to get him out.

Red comes out really easy and I already fixed her eyes.

#1915 4 years ago

The only tips I have regarding removing teds head is: take it all off. It took a lot of time. I was trying to remove as little as possible. That took a lot more time than to just remove it all. In the end I removed everything an changed all the rubbers while I was at it. I also changed all the parts in teds head.

#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

The only tips I have regarding removing teds head is: take it all off. It took a lot of time. I was trying to remove as little as possible. That took a lot more time than to just remove it all. In the end I removed everything an changed all the rubbers while I was at it. I also changed all the parts in teds head.

Thanks, I think I’ve gotten lucky and fixed it, but I’m not sure it’s a long term fix. The pin was stuck so from under the playfield, I was able to free it by pushing and pulling on it. It’s still possible the spring needs replacement, but for now it is working,

#1917 4 years ago

Got some free time and decided to fix the post on Road Show today

594F361D-5CAD-4730-BDB3-A762CD5CD316 (resized).jpeg594F361D-5CAD-4730-BDB3-A762CD5CD316 (resized).jpeg
#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Got some free time and decided to fix the post on Road Show today

Please share more info if you can. What exactly did you do to fix it?

Mine is almost broken off as well, so i need to figure out what to do. But i have zero experience in that kind of repairs...

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Mine is almost broken off as well, so i need to figure out what to do. But i have zero experience in that kind of repairs...

Cliffy has a Blast hole repair kit
http://www.passionforpinball.com/roadshow.htm

#1920 4 years ago

Yeah, i'm actually aware of that protector. But mine still has the wood, so i was thinking about repairing that if possible.

Cliffy writes: "The Blasting Zone repair kit is intended ONLY for use on games with wood loss"

But perhaps i should just remove the wood and buy the protector

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Yeah, i'm actually aware of that protector. But mine still has the wood, so i was thinking about repairing that if possible.
Cliffy writes: "The Blasting Zone repair kit is intended ONLY for use on games with wood loss"
But perhaps i should just remove the wood and buy the protector

Mantis makes one that's more preventative. You can install both Mantis and Cliffy if you want to.
https://mantispinball.com/product/roadshow-protector/

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Mantis makes one that's more preventative. You can install both Mantis and Cliffy if you want to.
https://mantispinball.com/product/roadshow-protector/

Ummmm wrong hole

#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ummmm wrong hole

That's what she...............
Oh, nevermind.

#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

The top of my playfield was broken off, so the Cliffy wouldn’t work until I filled it
Trimmed off the back of the repair until the Cliffy fit, didn’t have to break the back off completely, Re-drilled with Cliffy installed. Very solid repair, about an hour of total time, I let resin cure overnight

2417AAF8-11F9-436F-BEEB-19B9E5AE5787 (resized).jpeg2417AAF8-11F9-436F-BEEB-19B9E5AE5787 (resized).jpeg472F4DB2-4B4E-410F-9146-89B13F5A17FF (resized).jpeg472F4DB2-4B4E-410F-9146-89B13F5A17FF (resized).jpeg5B1C4E51-62CA-4893-808B-42E510550301 (resized).jpeg5B1C4E51-62CA-4893-808B-42E510550301 (resized).jpegACCC4F48-99BF-4DE4-92D9-3DE21090F6DF (resized).jpegACCC4F48-99BF-4DE4-92D9-3DE21090F6DF (resized).jpeg7773FBD3-0EF8-4914-AB1D-201AFCA3F556 (resized).jpeg7773FBD3-0EF8-4914-AB1D-201AFCA3F556 (resized).jpeg8F0E256E-6915-465B-BFEB-FA6BF0A69058 (resized).jpeg8F0E256E-6915-465B-BFEB-FA6BF0A69058 (resized).jpeg
#1925 4 years ago

You do good work. Looks great!!

#1926 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing! Excellent pictures

I thought you were going without the Cliffy protector. But your approach seems to be a really good solution.

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Thanks for sharing! Excellent pictures
I thought you were going without the Cliffy protector. But your approach seems to be a really good solution.

I actually bought the blast hole protector a year ago, planning to put it on before it broke because it is such a weak area

#1928 4 years ago

I have some left over parts if someone is interested. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss pricing.

(2) New Repro Hardhats
New repro dozer blade
Both plastic ramps used (fair-poor condition)
Stripped used playfield (fair-poor condition)

Added over 4 years ago:

Dozer blade gone.

#1929 4 years ago

Had a good play tonight - more than 5,298,000,000 points!

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Good score. Do you have the Soren chip. It makes those games much better.

#1931 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Whoa! I’ve got some work to do

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Good score. Do you have the Soren chip. It makes those games much better.

No, unfortunately not. No idea where to get one...

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

No, unfortunately not. No idea where to get one...

Revised download is here, page 35:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/35#post-4995368

I'm waiting on a friend to burn me a copy, but sounds good to me.

Release notes in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/35#post-4989740

#1934 4 years ago

I know that but no idea where to get a burned ROM replacement

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Try asking ‘Paul’ on Pinball Info - I have asked him, he will do it for a site donation, not sure about postage though...

Probably easier options nearer to you though.

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Sent you PM.

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Agree, where can these be found as i am interested in giving it a try

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Agree, where can these be found as i am interested in giving it a try

I ordered mine from hobbyroms.com and was very happy. He's already applied the patch to the rom so no effort on the buyer's part.

#1939 4 years ago

A good friend can buy a RS for a good price but Ted has had a warm moment so to say.

Anyone having parts for this? Especially the face of Ted is needed.

19D6B8F8-C837-42B9-A6F0-7AFAD652320D (resized).jpeg19D6B8F8-C837-42B9-A6F0-7AFAD652320D (resized).jpeg
#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A good friend can buy a RS for a good price but Ted has had a warm moment so to say.
Anyone having parts for this? Especially the face of Ted is needed.[quoted image]

Davi might be able to help you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress/page/31#post-4587605

#1941 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A good friend can buy a RS for a good price but Ted has had a moment so to say.
Anyone having parts for this? Especially the face of Ted is needed.[quoted image]

Are the ramps ok? I have a lead on NOS right ramp, but it is quite pricy for my taste (275 eur). Pinball amigos miight also help you. They are building Crazy mansion pinball and have a gutted Roadhow machine. Pinballrockstar was so kind that he sent me a display cover of that Roadshow.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/3#post-3834533

#1942 4 years ago

Finally joined the club...found a really nice one that hasn't been all modded out. Now that I have one, you guys are going to be getting new ramps for this sometime this summer.

20200202_070239 (resized).jpg20200202_070239 (resized).jpg
#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Finally joined the club...found a really nice one that hasn't been all modded out. Now that I have one, you guys are going to be getting new ramps for this sometime this summer. [quoted image]

That’s great news! RS has been lacking a repro ramp for years.

Personal request - use stainless steel ramp flaps!

#1944 4 years ago

Thinking about swapping my boombox out for a more vintage variety. I am going to try to 3D print it in a way that will allow me to move the light on top to be behind the large speaker grills.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thinking about swapping my boombox out for a more vintage variety. I am going to try to 3D print it in a way that will allow me to move the light on top to be behind the large speaker grills.[quoted image]

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

#1946 4 years ago

Just got one on Saturday. Loving the machine. Delivered by a pinside member, awesome guy who goes above, beyond and who really keeps his machines clean!

IMG_3763 (resized).jpgIMG_3763 (resized).jpg
#1947 4 years ago

Welcome to the club! Looks like a well sorted machine from the photo.

-Hans

#1948 4 years ago

Did anybody record a video playing with the new Soren ROM? Especially the new light show would be interesting - I never ever finished all 18 cities...

#1949 4 years ago

Hi,
on my road show my flipper button opto interrupter do not have the blue steel sping like this assembly in photo. My buttons have some gap with the opto blade when not pressed and I would like them to be a bit stiffer. Is it normal that I don't have this springs?

PPS-A-17316L (resized).jpgPPS-A-17316L (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/39?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.