(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 82.
#1851 4 years ago

Maybe you have the older code revision. It’s in the newest.

#1852 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So I have looked in both standard and feature adjustments for the option to turn down shaker strength and cannot find it. Can someone tell me where to specifically look for that adjustment.

Not sure in code, but you can adjust the shaker itself. Aligning the weights so they are in the same direction is maximum shake. Putting them at 180degrees of each other is minimal. I have mine set at about 160 degrees and it’s perfect.

#1853 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Maybe you have the older code revision. It’s in the newest.

That probably explains it, thanks.

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So I have looked in both standard and feature adjustments for the option to turn down shaker strength and cannot find it. Can someone tell me where to specifically look for that adjustment.

Which ROM version do you have? Earlier versions didn't have the option on them.

#1855 4 years ago

Get a copy of the Soren chip. That has latest code plus his update. Read this thread for content.

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

That probably explains it, thanks.

Yeah only the newest version has the adjustment (6 I believe)

3 weeks later
#1857 4 years ago

I'll be doing another run of protectors soon.
Pictures here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/32#post-4861043
PM me if interested.

#1858 4 years ago

Any chance you could add something to the protector set? Would be great to have something covering the turnaround on the left plastic ramp, so the ball doesn't jump out when you get a really good ramp shot.

-Hans

1 week later
#1859 4 years ago

Problem. Bottom left flipper not working. Suddenly stopped working.
Replaced both coils lower with new coil, right still working. All linkages etc working well. Reseated all connections in the head box. All fuses checked. Any ideas what to look at next.

#1860 4 years ago

In switch test mode, if you press the flipper button, does it register on screen? If it doesn’t, that suggests it’s not likely a mechanical issue and you have a broken wire somewhere.

#1861 4 years ago

Thanks. Wire check next.

1 week later
#1862 4 years ago

Anyone ever see this promo before? Found it on Facebook Marketplace, seller says it's 36" x 21"!

promo (resized).JPGpromo (resized).JPG
#1863 4 years ago

That is super cool!!

#1864 4 years ago

I have had the same issue with my Road Show since I picked it up and hoping I can find some info to help fix it. Red's mouth stays open all the time and during game play, the dozer blade does not work (go up and down). Red's mouth is always open and does not close during test though the dozer blade works during test mode.

I have done research and believe it is a board issue. Does anyone know which board I will need to look at, can it be fixed or is there any replacement boards out there?

The game plays great and I have lived with the dozer and Red's mouth not working for a while now, but really want to get this issue fixed. Any advice/guidance is very much appreciated.

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I have had the same issue with my Road Show since I picked it up and hoping I can find some info to help fix it. Red's mouth stays open all the time and during game play, the dozer blade does not work (go up and down). Red's mouth is always open and does not close during test though the dozer blade works during test mode.
I have done research and believe it is a board issue. Does anyone know which board I will need to look at, can it be fixed or is there any replacement boards out there?
The game plays great and I have lived with the dozer and Red's mouth not working for a while now, but really want to get this issue fixed. Any advice/guidance is very much appreciated.

Sounds like your dozer board opto needs to be adjusted.
For Red check the big plastic gear under her and see if it is missing a lot of teeth. If so its an easy repair.

#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

If the dozer blade works in test mode, you have a loose wire in your connector on the dozer board. Lift the playfield, put the game in switch test mode and jiggle the wires. If something registers, loose wire, reseat in connector.

For reds mouth, can you move it manually up and down with your hand? Plastic Gears could be stripped. You can also compare to ted. Parts are available at Marco.

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

If the mouth moves by hand, it is possible that it is opening just a bit too much. On mine, I put some foam tape on the end of the gear to reduce the amount it opens by around 1mm or 2 on Red. Not had a problem since.

#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

If the mouth moves by hand, it is possible that it is opening just a bit too much. On mine, I put some foam tape on the end of the gear to reduce the amount it opens by around 1mm or 2 on Red. Not had a problem since.

The foam tape is black but you can see it in the image. Much easier than replacing gears if this works.

E92F90F0-B393-4D64-AFB8-D2AB31A4CB6F (resized).jpegE92F90F0-B393-4D64-AFB8-D2AB31A4CB6F (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1869 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the square yellow bulldozer blade bumpers are available?

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Ministry of pinball has them.

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/5992/s/road-show-ted-bulldozer-decals/

#1871 4 years ago

I am looking for the actual bumper pads, not the decals but thank you.

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

When i was restoring mine i could not find them anywhere. Mine were not too bad so decals worked.

#1873 4 years ago

Yea I cant seem to find them anywhere. The existing ones are a little worn but usable.

#1874 4 years ago

Same for me, was looking to buy them last yeat and nowhere available - so use your old ones and put on some decals is the best option!

1 week later
#1875 4 years ago

Can any body tell me when the rear diverter #20 should be activated during game. Everything seems to test out electrical but I do not see it switching very often during game play. Maybe i have a programming glitch I have rev L-6 Sys 3.49

#1876 4 years ago

I believe the rear diverter diverts an orbit shot through the pops either to the right wireform between Red and Ted that returns to the right inlane or to the left wireform to the left of Ted that returns to the left inlane.

#1877 4 years ago

It depends on if the “bridge out” lights are on for the right ramp. Such an annoying ramp to hit that I dont remember if the lights are on or off to trigger the diverter

2 weeks later
#1878 4 years ago

Hi from Italy!
I'm the owner of this great pinball for a month now, my first pinball ever! I remember playing road show at my uncle bowling alley when I was a kid. I loved how innovative this pinball was and how different it was from the rest. Whit the years my passion for pinball hid away but after visiting the Budapest pinball museum this summer I got hooked again after nearly 20 years! I was lucky to find a good machine near home and to meet two great people with the same passion living not far away. Not many road shows for sale in Italy and I was lucky that this pinball is still underrated (cant figure why tho) so it has a good price compared to other machines. I bought it clean, with new rubber and with a complete LED kit. Plays perfect, looks amazing and it's super amusing to play. I am doing some fine tuning to get it perfect and I am learning new things every day. I'm enjoying working on this pinball as much as playing with it. Next year I will be doing a complete restoration to bring it at 100%. Playfield has some touch up on the fish and ted face, some scratches on the masks and the cabinet has faded decals, it deserve to be restored for the future. I have read all 38 pages of this topic, took a while but learned a lot, still I have some unanswered question that I will post in the next days. Thank you

Giorgio

IMG_20191019_213443 (resized).jpgIMG_20191019_213443 (resized).jpg
#1879 4 years ago

Congratulations it’s a great game. You might want to look at the lower flipper alignment. Will make shots easier.

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Congratulations it’s a great game. You might want to look at the lower flipper alignment. Will make shots easier.

I will. I need to watch a tutorial first to get them perfect. First time pinball owner

Quoted from gweempose:

I just joined the club last week. My game has a hole for a center post just below the "Shoot Again" insert. It's obviously factory since the artwork goes around it. Is this an early/sample playfield?
[quoted image]

Hi,
in this video it can be seen that the promotional pinball had the center post installed. Mine does not even have that hole. I'm not having problem with center drain, it's the outlanes that are evil! (full open for now).

I also see that the lockbar and siderails are blue like the legs. Where they ever shipped like that?

Screenshot_20191121-233250__01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191121-233250__01 (resized).jpg1972f1 (resized).jpg1972f1 (resized).jpg

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I will. I need to watch a tutorial first to get them perfect

#1882 4 years ago

Anyone got an idea where to find hair for Red? The previous owner salvaged it.

#1883 4 years ago

I’m wondering why I get three jackpots each time instead of one during multiball. Any ideas?

#1884 4 years ago

I have a set of decals for sale. Looks like they might have been removed and reset, but not used, as the adhesive is clean and strong.

PM if interested.

IMG_20191122_103924 (resized).jpgIMG_20191122_103924 (resized).jpg
#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I’m wondering why I get three jackpots each time instead of one during multiball. Any ideas?

It's normal. You get the jackpot animation and sound three times but it scores only once

1 week later
#1886 4 years ago

Looking for the dual motor control board for the mouths. Anyone got one they don’t need? A 19242-1

#1887 4 years ago

Does anyone know what other games the dual motor control board is used in? I heard corvette, but any others? Thanks

#1888 4 years ago

Recently acquired a Road Show and have been in the process of getting it up and running. I’m down to my last issue (for now, lol) and was hoping someone could assist. Apologies in advanced for the long post.

I am unable to get multi-ball to work. After advancing the day of the week to Friday by hitting the dozer blade the Lock Lit is activated and Ted announces it is payday. Once the ball enters the Pop Up Assembly the DMD display states “Ball One Locked” however a second ball is not ejected into the shooter lane. Eventually the game enters ball search mode and the ball is ejected and play continues.

I searched the forum and this appears to have happened to others but I could not determine a definitive cause. Some played with the switches, others did a factory reset, “and it just started working again”.

Here is what I have tried in my troubleshooting efforts.

1. Yanked the batteries and waited 10 minutes to force a factory reset of all settings.
2. Reinstalled batteries
3. Lifted the playfield and inspected all switches in the Pop Up Assembly for loose or broken wires, broken switches, etc.. All appear to be fine.
4. While the playfield was lifted I entered into Switch Edge test mode and manually activated all switches with my finger to do an initial test of the switch. I realize this is not a definitive test due to different pressure with my finger versus a ball but I just wanted to ensure the switch was wired correctly and registering on the display. All switches appear to be fine.
5. Removed all balls from the game and lowered the playfield to playing position.
6. Installed four balls in the trough and power cycled the game.
7. Entered into Switch Edge test mode and manually placed a ball into the scoop. Lockup 1 switch correctly registered and stayed closed – no momentary close – it stayed closed.
8. Removed the ball from the Pop Up Assembly and place it in the trough with the remaining three balls.
9. Power cycled the machine and started a game.
10. Advanced the day of the week to Friday by manually striking a ball against the dozer blade which caused the Lock to light and Ted to announce.
11. Dropped a ball into the Pop Up Assembly and as expected the DMD display showed “Ball One Locked”.
12. No ball was ejected into the shooter lane and the game eventually went into ball search and ejected the ball from the Pop Up

thanks in advance

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Does anyone know what other games the dual motor control board is used in? I heard corvette, but any others? Thanks

According to part database, only Road Show and Corvette.

#1890 4 years ago

I had the same problem. I changed the micro switch circled in the picture and it fixed it. Once you are there it's better to change also the other two

Schermata 2019-12-01 alle 20.35.49 (resized).pngSchermata 2019-12-01 alle 20.35.49 (resized).png
#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

I had the same problem. I changed the micro switch circled in the picture and it fixed it. Once you are there it's better to change also the other two [quoted image]

I've ordered some of the switches. thanks for the feedback

3 weeks later
#1892 4 years ago

I just got a Road Show! Love the game.

I see the rom update made by @soren. It's gotta be one of the best updates for any game ever made, right? Anyway, I don't have the hardware to make the rom, and I tried searching around to see if I could buy it online so I didn't need to beg you fine folks for one. No such luck, sooo...

Does anyone have a rom with the soren update that I can buy? I have money. Please take my money so I can buy some happiness from you. Thank you for considering my joy.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I just got a Road Show! Love the game.
I see the rom update made by soren. It's gotta be one of the best updates for any game ever made, right? Anyway, I don't have the hardware to make the rom, and I tried searching around to see if I could buy it online so I didn't need to beg you fine folks for one. No such luck, sooo...
Does anyone have a rom with the soren update that I can buy? I have money. Please take my money so I can buy some happiness from you. Thank you for considering my joy.

Hobbyroms.com will sell you one. I just ordered from them.

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Hobbyroms.com will sell you one. I just ordered from them.

Thank you! Just the info I needed!

#1895 4 years ago

Hi,
since I have my road show (two month now) I have some marks on ted cheeks. I thought they were caused by balls hitting his face ( ). Today I got a ball stuck just under the dozer and I realized that those marks were made by the clear plastic dozer protection hitting the cheeks. It happens during multi ball when a ball pushes under the dozer. I see that there is a dozer version that doesn't have the clear plastic on top, maybe a improved part? Does anyone else have the same problem? Thank you and happy new year

IMG_20191216_194448 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_194448 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_194455__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_194455__01 (resized).jpg
#1896 4 years ago

AFAIK, Road Show never came with a clear protector on top. That looks like it was added onto by a previous owner..

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

AFAIK, Road Show never came with a clear protector on top. That looks like it was added onto by a previous owner..

Mine came with that protector. I don’t have that issue.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Ah, good to know! I stand corrected!

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Mine did too, and i have seen others in the past which were the same.

#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Early production machines had that protector. I have a stash of parts from parted out machine that came with preliminary manual. It had a playfield woth factory hole for post between the flippers. The back of Red's head also has a 3d structure for hair. I ll post some comparison pictures of that feature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 37.50
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/38?hl=juicerc51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.