(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.
#1801 4 years ago

I opened up a page for pre-orders on the website.
20 boards on order for the initial batch, but as long as people keep buying them, I'll keep making them.

http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=80&controller=product&id_lang=1

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Get some comet rings into those bumpers. They take this game to another level.

Comet rings? Please elaborate, I must be missing something.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Comet rings? Please elaborate, I must be missing something.

Think he means these;
https://www.cometpinball.com/LED-POP-BUMPER-RINGS-p/bmpring.htm

1 week later
#1804 4 years ago

Shaker motor boards will be going out starting this weekend. Have one of the new ones installed in my own game, working fine, and is dimensionally/electrically identical to the originals. They're ready to sell. Building now.

Anybody want $5 off on one with a blemish? Was going to try rivets on the transistor, instead of screws, but takes too much force and cracked the housing on one of the transistor bodies. It'll be my test-dummy over the weekend.

-Hans

IMGP6174 (resized).JPGIMGP6174 (resized).JPGIMGP6176 (resized).JPGIMGP6176 (resized).JPG
#1805 4 years ago

Just an FYI until I update the website tomorrow, this board works in Road Show but not Earthshaker. Earthshaker uses a different board than this one. The connectors are are different pinouts.

#1806 4 years ago

Well, that was quick. Almost out of the first batch of 10, only 1 still available at the moment (Plus the blemished one). Still have boards for another 13, those will be ready to ship in about a week.

1 week later
#1807 4 years ago

12 more shaker motor boards are now ready to go. At this point they’ll just be regular inventory, so I’ll restock as needed, and keep them active for as long as people are buying them.

Should also be showing up on Marco’s website real quick too.

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Latest ROM version lets you adjust the shaker intensity. At the lowest setting I think its perfect for the game.

Which ROM version lets you adjust the shaker intensity?

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The originally posted patch is obsolete. Use this one instead.
Road Show
Rev L-6 patch ccd1
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/y2uyptzw
Please read the Readme and follow the patch guide carefully.

Is any one located in San Diego CA who can burn this rom.?

Thanks Martin

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Is any one located in San Diego CA who can burn this rom.?
Thanks Martin

You can get it from astill entertainment in Canada, $13 shipped, takes about 10 days to arrive.

#1812 4 years ago

Hello fellow road wreckers. Just joined the club. I have the Soren chip mod running (cccd1), and it's been great to visit some new cities I've never been to before. The "Frozen People" mode is really hilarious.

Looking for a bit of advice on one strange issue with the shaker motor. Before picking up the game, the shaker motor worked fine. The person who sold it to me was generous to burn the cccd1 custom rom and install it. It works good, however a strange problem with the shaker motor has developed. It does not run at all during the game. In test (with the coin door open and "repeat" on), it does cycle shake but very softly. But during test as soon as I close the coin door the shaker stops working. If I open the door it starts shaking again but softly. It's like something is reversed. Any advice on troubleshooting this problem? In the rom settings, the shaker is on and set to normal (default). Just not sure if the custom rom is keeping the shaker motor from working correctly during gameplay. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

#1813 4 years ago

Hey everone.

I'm having issues with the flying rocks lane/spring. The manual states it's a green spring, I've tried the exact one and I can't seem to get enough power. What springs are you guys using? What other issues might prevent the shooter from getting enough force to the ball?

thanks in advance,
Alex

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from mordroc:

. . . it's been great to visit some new cities I've never been to before.

Just keep the original ROMs and play better

#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from choseh:

Hey everone.
I'm having issues with the flying rocks lane/spring. The manual states it's a green spring, I've tried the exact one and I can't seem to get enough power. What springs are you guys using? What other issues might prevent the shooter from getting enough force to the ball?
thanks in advance,
Alex

I had that problem. For me, I pulled the whole mech out, cleaned it up, lubed it with gun lube and remounted it making sure the plunger lined up with the ball centre. Works perfectly now.

#1816 4 years ago

Has anyone installed this mod?

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Pinballsupernova has it on his game.

#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Lermods is correct, i have it on my game, installed it about a year ago. It is a great mod, i will probably do a video of a bunch of mods including this one.

#1819 4 years ago

I don't think anybody has said where to get it though, is it something available to buy?

#1820 4 years ago

Can someone please post a picture of their shaker board wiring. I've seen a game with the board wired with a red loop, but manual says the blue/yellow wire should be looped. Thanks
IMG_20190719_135209 (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_135209 (resized).jpg

IMG_20190719_164854 (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_164854 (resized).jpg
#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can someone please post a picture of their shaker board wiring. I've seen a game with the board wired with a red loop, but manual says the blue/yellow wire should be looped. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

20190719_230255 (resized).jpg20190719_230255 (resized).jpg20190719_230336 (resized).jpg20190719_230336 (resized).jpg
#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I don't think anybody has said where to get it though, is it something available to buy?

I reached out to a user called PINBALLDOCTOR1 here on Pinside. He is the one who was making and selling the mod

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. That seems to be how these are wired, but that's different than what the manual shows.

#1824 4 years ago

Got my Shaker Board today, great build quality. Thank you HHaase

1 week later
#1825 4 years ago

Stupid Question here but does anyone know the part numbers for the screws and switch plate for switch #55 Ramp Exit Left? Any help is appreciated!

#1826 4 years ago

I was having a lot of trouble with the GI and got some board work done. It has worked great since then and I had to do it some justice with LEDs. What a difference it makes! I also added the LED rings to the pop bumpers and the a lighting strip to the ball drain from Comet. Now all I have to do is fix Reds Eyelids.

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg
#1827 4 years ago

I keep trying to decide what I want to do with my pop bumpers. But I'm half considering some opaque ones or something.

-Hans

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from TateCenter:

I was having a lot of trouble with the GI and got some board work done. It has worked great since then and I had to do it some justice with LEDs. What a difference it makes! I also added the LED rings to the pop bumpers and the a lighting strip to the ball drain from Comet. Now all I have to do is fix Reds Eyelids.[quoted image][quoted image]

Iike the pop number rings, but the trough still looks really dark. Here's ours. You need a back light too!

Reds eyes are easy to fix and she's not hard to remove. It's either the spring, replace even if it looks ok, or the centering pin.
MVIMG_20190618_205031 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190618_205031 (resized).jpg

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Iike the pop number rings, but the trough still looks really dark. Here's ours. You need a back light too!
Reds eyes are easy to fix and she's not hard to remove. It's either the spring, replace even if it looks ok, or the centering pin.
[quoted image]

Wow those back lights make a difference. Are they just LED strips?

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from TateCenter:

Wow those back lights make a difference. Are they just LED strips?

Yep, huge difference. We have them on our site.

#1831 4 years ago

Recently purchased a roadshow and didnt realize that the dozer blade doesnt fully lift up when Ted falls asleep. It looks like the lifting mechanism is doing its job on his left side but the attachment at the very back of his head is not attached. This causes the blade to raise a little on his left side, but because the lever action isnt working without that back part attached the blade does not go up on his right side. Anyone have a suggested course of action? This thing needs to be shopped and get LEDs all around but I was going to wait until winter when I have more time to devote to it (and maybe there will be a ramp replacement available by then?) but I'd like to at least get it playable in the mean time if I can fix it without removing the playfield for now.

20190804_223326 (resized).jpg20190804_223326 (resized).jpg20190804_223355 (resized).jpg20190804_223355 (resized).jpg
#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Recently purchased a roadshow and didnt realize that the dozer blade doesnt fully lift up when Ted falls asleep. It looks like the lifting mechanism is doing its job on his left side but the attachment at the very back of his head is not attached. This causes the blade to raise a little on his left side, but because the lever action isnt working without that back part attached the blade does not go up on his right side. Anyone have a suggested course of action? This thing needs to be shopped and get LEDs all around but I was going to wait until winter when I have more time to devote to it (and maybe there will be a ramp replacement available by then?) but I'd like to at least get it playable in the mean time if I can fix it without removing the playfield for now.[quoted image][quoted image]

I had an issue with my bulldozer not working. It would slip and not go up and down. It turned out to be the blade driver rod because the plastic piece was stripped and never fully locked into place.

YouTube Vid :

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/03/25/pinball-repair-repairing-teds-bulldozer-front-on-williams-road-show-motor-rebuild-and-parts-replacement-video/

#1833 4 years ago

You might get lucky and find the bolt is just undone on the right side. But you still need to pull the ramps to access it.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

You might get lucky and find the bolt is just undone on the right side. But you still need to pull the ramps to access it.

My bulldozer works during test but not during game play. Believe it is the board but can not find the board anywhere.

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

My bulldozer works during test but not during game play. Believe it is the board but can not find the board anywhere.

You likely have a loose wire in the connector to the board. Put game in switch test mode, lift play field and jiggle the wires attached to the connector to the board. anything register? Reseat the wires in the connector regardless. The board is NLA, I’m afraid.

#1836 4 years ago

So all of a sudden the bulldozer is not registering hits for M-F. The eddy board lights up when a ball goes over the magnet and it registers in the switch test. Ted works fine and the bulldozer goes up and down in the test mode. Any idea on what to check?

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

So all of a sudden the bulldozer is not registering hits for M-F. The eddy board lights up when a ball goes over the magnet and it registers in the switch test. Ted works fine and the bulldozer goes up and down in the test mode. Any idea on what to check?

The weekday callouts don't work in every mode, in several modes, you'll just hear like a gong sound. Have a look at the ruleset for details. If all your tests pass as you said, there isn't a problem with the eddy sensor or the logic system.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The weekday callouts don't work in every mode, in several modes, you'll just hear like a gong sound. Have a look at the ruleset for details. If all your tests pass as you said, there isn't a problem with the eddy sensor or the logic system.

Yeah I get nothing any time I hit the bulldozer. No crushed cabs, advanced days of the week, or victory in Salt Lake City.
When I hit the dozer with a ball the LED on the Eddy Board turns on but in gameplay nothing.

#1839 4 years ago

Yeah I get nothing any time I hit the bulldozer. No crushed cabs, advanced days of the week, or victory in Salt Lake City.
When I hit the dozer with a ball the LED on the Eddy Board turns on but in gameplay nothing.

I'd do a hard reboot, pull batteries and pull the plug for 10 mins... Down side is you'll lose all your settings and scores, but if you have any glitching processor hooks, this will reset them.

#1840 4 years ago

Thanks! I will give this a try!

#1841 4 years ago

Hard reset did not resolve the issue

#1842 4 years ago

How about swap of Eddy boards (bulldozer <-> Red)?

#1843 4 years ago

Did you try to reseat the wires in all the connectors to/from the board? I had a similar issue with the dozer blade, would rise and fall in test mode, but not in game play, was a loose wire.

#1844 4 years ago

Looking for some help. After more than a year down I've finally decided it's time to fix the road show. Trying to access this repair site which is awesome but only the link for part 3 is working. Does anyone have a link to the rest of this help site or some other link to a step by step repair site. I definately have board issues.

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm

#1845 4 years ago

Are you sure you were testing the correct sensor? There is one in front of the bull dozer and another just behind it. I am guessing the one right in front is not working.

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Looking for some help. After more than a year down I've finally decided it's time to fix the road show. Trying to access this repair site which is awesome but only the link for part 3 is working. Does anyone have a link to the rest of this help site or some other link to a step by step repair site. I definately have board issues.
http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm

Did you try the pinwiki site?
It has most of that info and maybe more.
http://www.pinwiki.com

#1847 4 years ago

Update. So I played in a tournament on Saturday and discussed this issue with the Technician who serviced the machines at this venue. He suggested that even though the opto sensed the ball, the sensor probably needed to be adjusted as it may not be detecting a ball coming at it fast. I adjusted the eddy board and was able to play two games perfectly but after that the sensor began detecting phantom bulldozer hits so the shaker motor must have nudged the adjustment. I have ordered a new board from Pinbits which will hopefully resolve the problem. Thanks for the help!

#1848 4 years ago

Update. So I played in a tournament on Saturday and discussed this issue with the Technician who serviced the machines at this venue. He suggested that even though the opto sensed the ball, the sensor probably needed to be adjusted as it may not be detecting a ball coming at it fast. I adjusted the eddy board and was able to play two games perfectly but after that the sensor began detecting phantom bulldozer hits so the shaker motor must have nudged the adjustment. I have ordered a new board from Pinbits which will hopefully resolve the problem. Thanks for the help!

I had to turn my shaker motor down. That stopped a lot of problems.

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I had to turn my shaker motor down. That stopped a lot of problems.

Yeah mine is on low

1 week later
#1850 4 years ago

So I have looked in both standard and feature adjustments for the option to turn down shaker strength and cannot find it. Can someone tell me where to specifically look for that adjustment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.