(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 82.
#1701 5 years ago

Is there supposed to be a clear plastic or something over the left ramp? If I get a good shot at it the ball comes around and hops off the ramp. Usually it bounces off the side of the cab and back onto the ramp, but sometimes finds fun places to get stuck.

#1702 5 years ago

Not that I’ve ever seen. Is the correct flipper solenoid installed?

#1703 5 years ago

I had the same issue(with correct flipper coils). I found a piece of plastic from a BoP set that fit in pretty good. Not perfect or factory design but it does the job.

20190421_072249 (resized).jpg20190421_072249 (resized).jpg
#1704 5 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Is there supposed to be a clear plastic or something over the left ramp? If I get a good shot at it the ball comes around and hops off the ramp. Usually it bounces off the side of the cab and back onto the ramp, but sometimes finds fun places to get stuck.

Yeh, I get that.

#1705 4 years ago

Looking to join the club
Been looking at a lot of examples
Some of the heads I see for Ted look off
Was there multiple used?

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Looking to join the club
Been looking at a lot of examples
Some of the heads I see for Ted look off
Was there multiple used?

No, probably just repainted by current owners or replacements.

#1707 4 years ago

I have pretty regular issues making the left ramp with a ball in motion. It seems like it may be hitting the sign above the ramp, maybe the lamp holder nearby? Anyone else experience this?

Separate issue - assuming you should be able to plunge into Ted's mouth. Mine did that before I pulled the heads to work on them and now I can only get it to hit the star post just to the left. Any tweaks? Re-level? Check plunger alignment?

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Separate issue - assuming you should be able to plunge into Ted's mouth. Mine did that before I pulled the heads to work on them and now I can only get it to hit the star post just to the left. Any tweaks? Re-level? Check plunger alignment?

You should enter the "blast zone" hole for the skill shot, not Ted's mouth.

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

You should enter the "blast zone" hole for the skill shot, not Ted's mouth.

He is not talking about skill shot, but would like to plunge into Ted's mouth to start multiball after lock 2 - I guess.

#1710 4 years ago

Not to beat a dead horse but I again this Ted looks off to me
I guess repainted
Seller says he has no clue
Thanks

A59BA29F-A7E8-405B-BD45-CF48A75C5356 (resized).jpegA59BA29F-A7E8-405B-BD45-CF48A75C5356 (resized).jpegEBEEF789-9654-40E0-8391-ECDD25B0F484 (resized).jpegEBEEF789-9654-40E0-8391-ECDD25B0F484 (resized).jpeg
#1711 4 years ago

Looks like is eyes have been gouged out, big night out on the town perhaps!

#1712 4 years ago

Looks like it’s melted a bit. Maybe overheating coils at some point?

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from razoraustralia:

Looks like is eyes have been gouged out, big night out on the town perhaps!

Quoted from HHaase:

Looks like it’s melted a bit. Maybe overheating coils at some point?

Ha ha yup
So if I find something like this in the game how hard should I assume he is to get to replace?

#1714 4 years ago

I'm the seller.. Game plays flawlessly. According to who I bought it from, Keith did the restore. The head looks fine to me.

#1715 4 years ago

That head looks wonky to me.

#1716 4 years ago

The eye's have clearly had an issue. I own a Road Show and Ted's eyes look nothing like that. You can easily see where either the plastic has melted, but to me it looks like someone to a knife and cut the plastic.

Do a quick google search and compare it to other TED heads. I found this on Ebay. You can zoom right over the face and notice the difference.

ebay.com link: Red Teds Road Show Pinball 6 x traffic cones pinball flipper mod

#1718 4 years ago

Eyelids are also missing...

#1719 4 years ago

Nice try, what? I said I have no clue if it's original. The eyes move during play. It works, that's all I know. On top of that, playfield is in great shape with little to no wear and plastics are new.

I was told by the person I bought it from that Keith was the one fixing it up.

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Eyelids are also missing...

Eyes are open in that picture.

20190425_070458 (resized).jpg20190425_070458 (resized).jpg
#1721 4 years ago

Ted either isn't original and/or has been painted at some point, like the rest of the TED's out there. Probably needs a tear down for the eyes sitting back.

I've flipped this pin, plays great, other than the cab needing some love.. it is a good example from 1994 with no hacks, new plastics and virgin lighting.

#1722 4 years ago

The seller has been cool I think he wasn’t aware of the issues
Still talking it over just being cautious since I love the game but don’t want to be blinded by it
Thanks for the help for sure

#1723 4 years ago

Looks like Ted had a stroke. Eyebrows are way off too.

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Ha ha yup
So if I find something like this in the game how hard should I assume he is to get to replace?

Extremely hard to find faces for either of them, its really the only unobtainium pieces in this game.

This one differently has issues. My guess was a not very good attempt at a reproduction. The eyebrow arches up on the left for some reason, I almost thought it was a rudy face someone painted, but rudy's a lot different.

#1725 4 years ago

Ted must have had an accident with his bulldozer.....

#1726 4 years ago

I am sure my ted was in Team America: World police.

1 week later
#1727 4 years ago

Hey Guys

I have a RS that have been in my possession about three years now, and it's a great machine. Absolutely love it!

However, lately i have been noticing something i don't think have always been the case. But when playing, sometimes Ted's mouth wont close fully, until he speaks again,. Then everything seems ok. The words are synced ok to the mouth, and when a game is finished, he always closes it fully. But it's like sometimes his "jaw drops" and he sits for a while with the mouth partially or fully open. As if the last "command" to close it wasn't received or something. But then the next time he talks, everything looks ok again.

It's not a big issue, and doesn't affect gameplay. But it just looks annoying as it makes Ted look rather stupid!

Anybody have tha same issue? And would anybody happen to know a fix?

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hey Guys
I have a RS that have been in my possession about three years now, and it's a great machine. Absolutely love it!
However, lately i have been noticing something i don't think have always been the case. But when playing, sometimes Ted's mouth wont close fully, until he speaks again,. Then everything seems ok. The words are synced ok to the mouth, and when a game is finished, he always closes it fully. But it's like sometimes his "jaw drops" and he sits for a while with the mouth partially or fully open. As if the last "command" to close it wasn't received or something. But then the next time he talks, everything looks ok again.
It's not a big issue, and doesn't affect gameplay. But it just looks annoying as it makes Ted look rather stupid!
Anybody have tha same issue? And would anybody happen to know a fix?

That's a great question! Ted does the same on my RS too. I'm thinking it has something to do do with the sector gear under the playfield. I'll have to find time to dig a little deeper into this. I'll report back after taking a look!

#1729 4 years ago

I would say the cog wheel that moves the jaw is worn out...just replace it and it will be fine i guess.

#1730 4 years ago

The Road Show mod is out the door. Thanks for the help and feedback. Enjoy your game.

Road Show
Rev L-6 patch b658
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/y5q5hsny
Please read the Readme and follow the patch guide carefully.

Release note

Changes

New feature adjustment A.2 27 “Route of cities”.
“East west”: Same as rev. L-6. City modes are progressing from east to west.
“Any route”: City modes are playable in a semi-random route. Criss-crossing the map.

Default: “East west”.

New feature adjustment A.2 28 “West coast city at”.
Options “10” - “16”: The city modes progression, at which, the west coast final modes become available. Applicable to the Any route mode only.

Default: “10”.

Any route configuraition detailed description.

The route:
W New York
O Miami
Y Atlanta

W Ohio
O New Orleans
Y Nashville

W Chicago
O Dallas
Y Kansas City

W Minnesota
Y Denver

W Butte
Y Salt Lake City
O Las Vegas

The trading post:
O Albuquerque

The west coast:
W Seattle
Y San Francisco
O Los Angeles

The route:
Game starts with New York lit.
On a mode finish, the next unplayed city on The route is lit.
A pop bumper hit will move a lit city to the next unplayed one on The route.
A stand-up target hit will move a lit city to the next unplayed one in its colour, if any, on The route.
The “next unplayed” is cycling back to the top.

The trading post:
Albuquerque is always city no. 8.
After Albuquerque, The route is re-entered at Denver.
If Denver is already played, lit city moves on to the next unplayed one.

The west coast:
At the adj. A.2 28 selected city number (10-16, default at 10) The west coast begins.
The city of The west coast, which is of same colour of the one just completed, is lit.

When adj. A.2 28 is set to a value between “10” and “15”:
The west coast stage is running as in rev. L-6.
A pop bumper hit will move a lit city to the next one on The west coast.
A stand-up target hit will move a lit city to the one of its colour on The west coast.
One west coast city may be played (with option to start the Super payday wizard mode).
After this, the map resets and New York is the city lit.

When adj. A.2 28 is set to “16”:
Special marathon option, where all three west coast cities may be played in succession.
A pop bumper hit will move a lit city to the next unplayed one on The west coast.
A stand-up target hit will move a lit city to the one of its colour on The west coast, if unplayed.
This stage is active until a) all west coast cities are played or b) Super payday is played.
After this, the map resets and New York is the city lit.

The map runs a new light show celebration, when 17 cities are completed.
With the 18th and final city pending play for a completion of the entire map.

The stand-up targets refered to are the orange, yellow and white ones only.

A bug where the Payday bonus could be given for an unplayed city (with 0 points), fixed.

The city of Houlton may still peek up somewhere. No effect on features or points awarded.

A bug where the Los Angeles mode could fail to end on time expiration, fixed.

Adjustment A.1 21 “Language” is limited to “English”.

Adjustment A.1 28 “Min. vol override” defaults to “Yes”.

Why it rocks

More diversity from game to game. More replay value. More fun.

Or, high skill level play rewarded by prefered modes.

A bit more strategy to the souvenirs buying and selling.

Note

When adj. A.2 27 “Route of cities” is set to “East west”, the adj. A.2 28 “West coast city at” is irrelevant.

When adj. A.2 27 “Route of cities” is set to “Any route”, the adj. A.2 16 “Longer path” is irrelevant.

#1731 4 years ago

Awesome work Søren!!

A quick question for you: when doing these custom ROMs, would it be possible to add the hold/pause feature from the TZ home rom, that lets you pause the game and cradle the ball on a flipper for a period of time? For home use, that feature is just awesome!!

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

I would say the cog wheel that moves the jaw is worn out...just replace it and it will be fine i guess.

But if it was the cog that was worn, I would not think that everything would be ok again the next time Ted says something? When opening and closing his mouth fully, it seems to happen in a nice fluid motion.

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

A quick question for you: when doing these custom ROMs, would it be possible to add the hold/pause feature from the TZ home rom, that lets you pause the game and cradle the ball on a flipper for a period of time?

For Road Show, and games with a similar playfield power interlock switch, the "pause button" is to shoot a scoop/VUK and open the coin door.

Holding a flipper up for this purpose is ill adviced.

#1734 4 years ago

Yeah that would be another way to do it. Just like how it works on TZ. And as long as it is only hold power in the coil, a!d there is a timeout after a couple of minutes, I don't think it is any worse than a standard ramp diverter or similar diverters that are powered for longer periods of time.

#1735 4 years ago

I just installed Soren's patch and I couldn't be happier. This takes the main complaint that people have about the game and completely gets rid of it. Bravo, sir!!!

Road Show Patch (resized).jpgRoad Show Patch (resized).jpg
#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just installed Soren's patch and I couldn't be happier. This takes the main complaint that people have about the game and completely gets rid of it. Bravo, sir!!!
[quoted image]

I have not heard of this patch. What does it fix and where can I find this?

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I have not heard of this patch. What does it fix and where can I
find this?

It’s literally 6 or 7 posts up!

#1739 4 years ago

I want to try this patch out so I need to find access to a burner
I know a lot of the custom roms are free play only. Is this one? We have a few games at my friends store (everything set super cheap). I understand if it is.

#1740 4 years ago

The content of the Changes section of the Release note is the full and complete description of the patch. So, coin play is still possible.

#1741 4 years ago

So where would someone get a burner to make a new ROM? Is anyone selling these ROMs pre-programmed?

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

So where would someone get a burner to make a new ROM? Is anyone
selling these ROMs pre-programmed?

I’ll take one as well if someone offers to burn them and sell them.

#1743 4 years ago

Same here

#1744 4 years ago

Soren's patch is amazingly cool. I have been playing since Sunday! I am sure there was a ton of work involved in making it happen so thank you!

The funny thing is I now have more recent code on a game made 25 years ago then I do on my ghostbusters ; -)

#1745 4 years ago

A wise user (thanks) has alerted a glitch in the mon-fri light show (lock is lit).

A new patch fixing this will be released today.

#1746 4 years ago

I bought a TL866CS burner via eBay (45 USD), and a couple of 4mbit eproms as well (4mbit works for most WPC game roms).
Really easy to work with, and following Soren's directions on how to patch in the read-me was easy.
So just dive right into it Each eprom is like 1 euro each, so even if you make a mistake it's no big deal.

#1747 4 years ago

The originally posted patch is obsolete. Use this one instead.

Road Show
Rev L-6 patch ccd1
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/y2uyptzw

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The originally posted patch is obsolete. Use this one instead.
Road Show
Rev L-6 patch ccd1
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/y2uyptzw

Thanks for fixing that so quickly! Are you pretty sure this is the final bug free version? I don't want to keep on burning new ROMs if I can avoid it.

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you pretty sure this is the final bug free version?

Like to believe so. We'll do our best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 63.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.