(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 82.
#1651 5 years ago

One thing that I think would have been great on Roadshow would have been a video mode where you are driving the dozer down a street?

#1652 5 years ago

There should definitely be some kind of big reward and some kind of DMD celebration when you manage to hit Red at start of multiball with all three balls in a row coming out of Bob's bunker. This would be very very satisfying as it's very hard to achieve.

Same or even bigger with shooting into Red's mouth. I own RS for about 5 years now and only managed to shoot into it for maybe 1 or 2 times!

#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

There should definitely be some kind of big reward and some kind of DMD celebration when you manage to hit Red at start of multiball with all three balls in a row coming out of Bob's bunker. This would be very very satisfying as it's very hard to achieve.

Same or even bigger with shooting into Red's mouth. I own RS for about 5 years now and only managed to shoot into it for maybe 1 or 2 times!

You know. I really like these sort of things. The subtle feedback from the game for special achivements.

But like you said. Once in five years. That is sugar on top.

#1654 5 years ago

Pulling out the heads today, mine are filthy! Just bought a bunch of new parts on Marco to bring them back to 100%!
It's a little overwhelming at first, but they're really not that bad, just a little tight inside.

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Pulling out the heads today, mine are filthy! Just bought a bunch of new parts on Marco to bring them back to 100%!
It's a little overwhelming at first, but they're really not that bad, just a little tight inside.

Good luck. What do you plan to use to clean the faces and hats.

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Good luck. What do you plan to use to clean the faces and hats.

I start with some simple green, then am real careful with magic eraser and 91% alcohol for any stubborn scuffs.

#1657 5 years ago

Anyone ever re-paint the lips? Both my red and ted have lost all their paint long, long ago. Was wondering what people used and what holds up.

#1658 5 years ago

Something something right of passage in the pinball hobby?
The joy in rebuilding not one, but two heads.

Red is pretty easy to pull out, but for Ted, you have to remove the wireforms and ramps.
It wasn't too bad, took me 35 minutes taking pictures along the way.
I'll say it was definitely worth it as the playfield is all accessible after that, my game was pretty dirty!
Also, just the very top had some light corrosion on it, salt?

New parts from Marco are on the way!

IMG_20190328_233822 (resized).jpgIMG_20190328_233822 (resized).jpg
#1659 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Anyone ever re-paint the lips? Both my red and ted have lost all their paint long, long ago. Was wondering what people used and what holds up.

We used acrylic paint with a brush and some clear coat at the end on mine...came out pretty "neat"

red (resized).jpgred (resized).jpg
#1660 5 years ago

Flexible automotive paint, matte clear coat, same for jaw.

20181128_192923 (resized).jpg20181128_192923 (resized).jpg
#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

We used acrylic paint with a brush and some clear coat at the end on mine...came out pretty "neat"
[quoted image]

Red looks unreal, great work!

#1662 5 years ago

Still possible to find new decals? I did a small amount of research and it sounds like some of the repros were of poor quality?

#1663 5 years ago

Aaand the heads are rebuilt.
For both heads, probably about 3 hours.
Worth it knowing they'll be fine forever now.
It was also worth it as I was able to clean under the ramps and wireforms, the rest of the game is clean!

IMG_20190402_215529 (resized).jpgIMG_20190402_215529 (resized).jpg
#1664 5 years ago

@soren I have been thinking about the code for Roadshow, would it be possible to make the dozer hits in the taxi mode to advance multi ball days?
would it also be possible to have both modes and multi ball running at the same time?

#1665 5 years ago

Thanks for the interest. No plans to tweak rules or scoring like that. The major goal was to have the mode playable in a more diverse seqence from game to game.

#1666 5 years ago

I just joined the club last week. My game has a hole for a center post just below the "Shoot Again" insert. It's obviously factory since the artwork goes around it. Is this an early/sample playfield?

Road Show (resized).jpgRoad Show (resized).jpg

#1667 5 years ago

Mine has that, too. I think the first run has these holes as it was planed to add a post there as far as I know. Maybe it would add something to the game placing a post there?

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Mine has that, too. I think the first run has these holes as it was planed to add a post there as far as I know. Maybe it would add something to the game placing a post there?

I think adding a center post would make the game too easy. It's already a pretty long ball time game. I wonder if the early playfields have any other differences.

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

common on games destined for europe. They required it for a while. Was your game reimported? if not it was likely planned for export but then got moved to a USA game. You can see that it was installed at one point.

#1670 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

common on games destined for europe. They required it for a while. Was your game reimported? if not it was likely planned for export but then got moved to a USA game. You can see that it was installed at one point.

ClarkKent is in Austria, so that makes sense. I don't think my game is a re-import. The sticker on the back says 120v. It does have a new coin door, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

ClarkKent is in Austria, so that makes sense. I don't think my game is a re-import. The sticker on the back says 120v. It does have a new coin door, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

then maybe it just has an overrun export playfield in it.

#1673 5 years ago

Mine has it too...so you might be right with export versions and all...

#1674 5 years ago

ReImport here with the same hole ... interesting

#1675 5 years ago

Mine came with the post installed. Didn’t know people didn’t have that. Feels like it was meant to have it in play but hey, I haven’t played with out it.
Maybe that’s how they came in Australia. The cost of a play here is slightly more than the US. Probably because the machines are more with freight and tax.
Standard play in the 90s was $1 a game, $2 for 3 games. A beer was about $1.30 for conversion, a house was about 130,000 beers and a car was about 8000 beers.

#1676 5 years ago

Do y'all know what these rubber caps are called and where I can find them? And what the original colors were?

20190403_221822 (resized).jpg20190403_221822 (resized).jpg
#1677 5 years ago

Just switch covers. The standard parts places will have them

#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just joined the club last week. My game has a hole for a center post just below the "Shoot Again" insert. It's obviously factory since the artwork goes around it. Is this an early/sample playfield?
[quoted image]

LOL.....I was in the process of replying with "Mine had it too".....but then I did look at who posted the pic....LOL. Pretty obvious answer....
But I have to admit, made me curious. I have only seen 3 RS total (in person), and they all had that hole in the center. Is there any real info out there why some would have it and some not? Never heard about European games needing it.... but now that you guys mention it, I do seem to recall that every game I played as a kid and teen, did have a post there.

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Do y'all know what these rubber caps are called and where I can find them? And what the original colors were?

I forget the sizes on RS, but they are vinyl switch covers. I believe the OG was gray.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9646-G

#1680 5 years ago

The Road Show mod has passed the shake down test, and is now installed in an operated game in town.

Please review these three design suggestions (A, B and C) for the new 17 cities completed celebration light show. And tell me what you think.

#1681 5 years ago

I like the B version...
Maybe you should add a poll.

#1682 5 years ago

Definitely the B version, it looks very nice. Looking forward to play the final version.

#1683 5 years ago

Excellent work…! I also vote for B

#1684 5 years ago

I vote for B version. Thank you for your code improvements.

#1686 5 years ago

I like B

#1687 5 years ago

Definitely B

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

[quoted image]

Mine has a hole there too. Don’t believe it’s anything special to our machines.

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Mine has a hole there too. Don’t believe it’s anything special to our machines.

It almost sounds like more games have a hole than don't.

#1690 5 years ago

Could someone please provide a picture of the Wednesday screen from the Color DMD? Need it for a project. Thanks!

#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It almost sounds like more games have a hole than don't.

Italian re-import, no hole here

#1692 5 years ago

Picked up a Road Show yesterday. I'm pretty excited about finding this game. Will look good next to my TZ.

Couple Issues I could use some guidance on. Fairly new to the hobby so don't know where to start.

1. I replaced the batteries on the board. Appears to be no evidence of a prior leak. This obviously restored the machine to the factory settings. The issue I am having, when I start the game up and start ball 1 - The game immediately goes into OVERTIME mode and flashes non stop and it appears the score keeps climbing and climbing when I am not even doing anything. If I keep playing it sometimes stops and then plays normal? Any Idea? Now it didn't do this when I tested it out on location. Only once the factory reset happened.

2. On location during testing, TED and RED checked out ok under the diagnostics menu/test and when I hit TED 4 times LOCK lit up. Once instructed to hit TED for MULTIBALL I shot the ball inside his mouth and it never starts multiball. Just sits there and keeps saying to hit TED

I have some cleaning to do, and quite a few plastics are broke, and the plunger can use a new spring.

#1693 5 years ago

Greetings RS club members and thanks for starting this forum webdiddy! Just a visitor today but hope to join in a few months as I've got RS on layaway. Don't quite understand fully the hole issue as a noob who just got into pinball hobby last October. Anyway, my immediate concern is that I can get RS into the house, but in my preferred room, not sure. From what I've seen on website, RS width (I presume backbox) is 29 inches. Is that exact? With door removed, the doorway is 29 and 1/4 inches wide. Can the backbox be temporarily unhinged and rotated 90 degrees to get through doorway if need be, as last resort? Thanks much for any input...

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Picked up a Road Show yesterday. I'm pretty excited about finding this game. Will look good next to my TZ.
Couple Issues I could use some guidance on. Fairly new to the hobby so don't know where to start.
1. I replaced the batteries on the board. Appears to be no evidence of a prior leak. This obviously restored the machine to the factory settings. The issue I am having, when I start the game up and start ball 1 - The game immediately goes into OVERTIME mode and flashes non stop and it appears the score keeps climbing and climbing when I am not even doing anything. If I keep playing it sometimes stops and then plays normal? Any Idea? Now it didn't do this when I tested it out on location. Only once the factory reset happened.
2. On location during testing, TED and RED checked out ok under the diagnostics menu/test and when I hit TED 4 times LOCK lit up. Once instructed to hit TED for MULTIBALL I shot the ball inside his mouth and it never starts multiball. Just sits there and keeps saying to hit TED
I have some cleaning to do, and quite a few plastics are broke, and the plunger can use a new spring.

The problem #1 is the trimmer on small board under the playfield. You put the game in switch test mode, lift the playfield and test it with putting a ball in front of the dozer blade. The led on the small board should be off and eddy sensor should sense the ball.

The problem #2 is in one of the two switches, probably the lower one. Might be also a switch under the red VUK coil.
RS1.jpgRS1.jpgRS2.jpgRS2.jpg

#1695 5 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

The problem #1 is the trimmer on small board under the playfield. You put the game in switch test mode, lift the playfield and test it with putting a ball in front of the dozer blade. The led on the small board should be off and eddy sensor should sense the ball.
The problem #2 is in one of the two switches, probably the lower one. Might be also a switch under the red VUK coil.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank You Sir,

You were right on the money. I adjusted the Eddy boards and the has resolved the dozer hits not registering. I also addressed the switch under TED's mouth. The switch was very weak, it did however register in test mode. I removed the switch and got it working right again, installed and adjusted it so it didn't bind and bam both problems fixed!!!!

#1696 5 years ago

My dozer eddy board often goes out of adjustment. Is there a cheaper way to fix it than buying the improved eddy board?

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

My dozer eddy board often goes out of adjustment. Is there a cheaper way to fix it than buying the improved eddy board?

Yes. You can replace the trimmer. I have done it on mine and I ve had no problems for three years now. If you want even more permanent solution you can seal its position with super glue after calibration.
The cost of the trimmer should be approximatelly $1-$2.

#1698 5 years ago

I am really enjoying this game since I picked it up, but I need to sell it so I can afford the next Lawlor masterpiece. If anyone in TX is interested, let me know or check out my ad.

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Hello Pinside - I have the following for sale. Price is $3,000 firm. - 1 Road Show in as-is condition - both heads and eyes working perfectly - playfield in very good shape - ...”
2019-07-02
Dallas, TX
3,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 1524 times

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Yes. You can replace the trimmer. I have done it on mine and I ve had no problems for three years now. If you want even more permanent solution you can seal its position with super glue after calibration.
The cost of the trimmer should be approximatelly $1-$2.

I'm skeptical of these WMS Eddy boards. The ones on my ToM would go out of calibration often. I had a bad transistor on one causing fuses to blow.
I stuck the auto eddy board on the dozer to have the most sensitivity. Be sure when adjusting the trimmer you use a plastic screwdriver.

#1700 5 years ago

Member of the club now, always wanted one, now I have one. More info in future posts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/34?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.