(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,081 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8019258_0 (resized).png

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 82.
#1601 5 years ago

Putting my RS back on the market. Really nice condition, with zero playfield wear.
I need to move it, so I am putting out a bit more aggressive price (considering the extras).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/75909-for-sale-road-show
I would be willing to ship if buyer organizes the shipping but would greatly prefer local. I deliver within greater LA area, and would potentially consider delivering as far as the Bay Area, Vegas, etc., for a reasonable fee.

#1602 5 years ago

im trying to wrap up my restoration and wondering if anyone has Red's Hair. I have had the faces, head backs, hard hats and dozer blade all painted but need the hair.

#1603 5 years ago

I'm having an intermittent problem when I get to Nashville. Change the Station is a two-ball multiball, but sometimes my game doesn't shoot out the second ball. The original ball goes into play and the mode continues to run indefinitely until you drain.

Any ideas where I should look first?

#1604 5 years ago

Working on a software modification to Road Show.

What bugs do the game have as of the rev. L-6 software. Anything of high desire to have fixed?

#1605 5 years ago

It would be nice to have a wizard mode.

#1606 5 years ago

Would be nice to get anything big for hitting Red three times as soon as multiball starts.

And also a lot more than WOW when finished all 18 cities.

#1607 5 years ago

Having the option to randomize the starting city would be nice.

That being said I have no idea how I would update the software on this game. I think I have v4.

#1608 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

What bugs do the game have as of the rev. L-6 software. Anything of high desire to have fixed?

Do you mean fixes, or adding new features?

#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Do you mean fixes, or adding new features?

I'm assuming minor bug/scoring fixes. New features would be a massive effort with writing dots and rewriting existing code.
I think randomizing the city is a good example of a do-able feature.

#1610 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

It would be nice to have a wizard mode.

What about Super Payday?

#1611 5 years ago

The main motivation for this is to be able to play the cities in any order. I have a concept for that ready which incorporates the special status of Alburquerque and the west coast. More on that later.

If there are bugs why not take them on as well.

Does the Houlton city show itself in other phases of the game than Super payday?

Does anyone know the exact conditions of Payday bonus displayed as 0,000,000?

#1612 5 years ago

One of the bugs that drives me nuts is when your in radio riot 2 ball and you lose one, you never get it back. Even when shoot again is flashing. Anyone else have this?

#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The main motivation for this is to be able to play the cities in any order. I have a concept for that ready which incorporates the special status of Alburquerque and the west coast. More on that later.
If there are bugs why not take them on as well.
Does the Houlton city show itself in other phases of the game than Super payday?
Does anyone know the exact conditions of Payday bonus displayed as 0,000,000?

What about random order, ALL cities on the map (except West Coast)?

#1614 5 years ago

Random city start gets my vote. I was thinking of moving this title on because of the linear nature. Changing it would change my opinion

#1615 5 years ago

I can't think of any bugs or scoring imbalances.

But I think most of us would agree that there are 3 features that would greatly enhance long-term gameplay:

1) Randomize city modes!

2) A bonus for completing the wheel

3) A bonus for completing all cities

Two more ideas:
- Personally I think the wizard mode should have at least a short ball-saver. With the current software there is no ball-saver at all.
- After completing Super Pay-Day you start the cities at the East Coast again. It would be nice if only those cities were available for start that have not been played before. This way a bonus for completing all cities would be an achievable goal.

Great news to have you look at a software mod soren !!!
I do not know if the bonus ideas are doable?

#1616 5 years ago
Quoted from Dirko:

1) Randomize city modes!

Done.

Quoted from Dirko:

2) A bonus for completing the wheel

3) A bonus for completing all cities

Not this time around. However I have an idea for a special celebration thingy for when reaching 17 cities completed.

Quoted from Dirko:

- Personally I think the wizard mode should have at least a short ball-saver. With the current software there is no ball-saver at all.

Games without auto plunger cannot have ball saver in multiball

#1617 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Games without auto plunger cannot have ball saver in multiball

Beg to differ.
BK2K comes to mind, as does WCS.

#1618 5 years ago

Not familiar with BK2K.

WCS final match, and similar modes on other games, is not a multiball in the classic sense. It is a timed mode that keeps feeding balls. It inherit acceptance of playing single ball with a ball resting in the shooter lane, if that is your thing.

TOTAN is same. Except it is not timed. But, "till one of you wins". Same deal. And not without problems within the design.

#1619 5 years ago

I am having problems with balls being stuck in the lock shot/spinner ramp. Happens maybe 1/3 of the time. The balls get freed when the game goes into the stuck ball mode but this takes time and often results in modes timing out. There is a lot of stuff on the playfield preventing me from diagnosing the problem. I did not see anything obvious on the underside of the playfield. Is this a common issue? Any ideas on where to start or how to resolve this?

#1620 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I am having problems with balls being stuck in the lock shot/spinner ramp. Happens maybe 1/3 of the time. The balls get freed when the game goes into the stuck ball mode but this takes time and often results in modes timing out. There is a lot of stuff on the playfield preventing me from diagnosing the problem. I did not see anything obvious on the underside of the playfield. Is this a common issue? Any ideas on where to start or how to resolve this?

First check this microswitch, this is responsible for ball detection above vertical upkicker coil:

20190311_150906 (resized).jpg20190311_150906 (resized).jpg20190311_150917 (resized).jpg20190311_150917 (resized).jpg
#1621 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

First check this microswitch, this is responsible for ball detection above vertical upkicker coil:[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the info! I am a bit of a newb at this, could you circle the microswitch as I am not sure what to look for.

#1622 5 years ago

I am pretty sure the rollover switch is working properly since the points register, the screen says ball locked, I hear a release.... and no ball

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Thank you so much for doing this!

It will make the game even more enjoyable!

Will you also make it randomize the same for all players in tournament mode?

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Will you also make it randomize the same for all players in tournament mode?

The mod will not randomise as such, but make mode selection work just like on Addams. Except Road show has three "question marks". And you do not necessary have to play all the modes to advance to that stage in the game. Super awesome.

#1625 5 years ago

I apologise if this is already in the thread. I am new to this game, it appears the game only gives a certain period of time to have your ball before it times out and moves onto the next player in multiplayer games. Can this be turned off. Damned if I can find that.

#1626 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

First check this microswitch, this is responsible for ball detection above vertical upkicker coil:[quoted image][quoted image]

I checked the microswitches last night (assuming they are the rollover switches) and they all worked. I am thinking a stronger coil in the upkicker might do the trick? The upkicker kicks but the ball is getting stuck somewhere only to be released when the ball search mode begins. Any help is appreciated.

#1627 5 years ago

Normally, this is the sequence:
1. Ball moves to ball trough
2. Microswitch detection, switch registers
3. Blinking flasher
4. Upkicker kicks

So you are OK until point 4?

#1628 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Normally, this is the sequence:
1. Ball moves to ball trough
2. Microswitch detection, switch registers
3. Blinking flasher
4. Upkicker kicks
So you are OK until point 4?

Exactly.

#1629 5 years ago

Is there anything small laying in the scoop?

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Is there anything small laying in the scoop?

Not that I can see but I have no idea how to get to it. I think I need to start removing ramps etc to access it, I was hoping maybe there was a trick to it but no luck so far...

#1631 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The mod will not randomise as such, but make mode selection work just like on Addams. Except Road show has three "question marks". And you do not necessary have to play all the modes to advance to that stage in the game. Super awesome.

With current software L-6 the number of city modes you play until reaching one of the three west coast cities for Super Pay-Day can be different with each play. How do you plan to address this when randomising the modes, soren ?

#1632 5 years ago

A secondary menu adjustment define when in the city sequence the west coast come into play. From "10" to "16". Meaning at this n'th city lit, it is west coast until all three WC cities are played or Super payday is played. Setting this to "16" will call for the true marathon of making it possible to complete and solidly light 17 cities, with the 18th and last one pending for wizard.

So like I said. Just like TAF. Except you have three "question marks". And they may come into play at as low as 9 previous modes played.

#1633 5 years ago

soren I'm curious, if any other traces of Houlton are still in the code anywhere? It's small town in Northern Maine, and would have likely been the 3rd starting city, but it was dropped for some reason.

#1634 5 years ago

Yes. But it looks like a bug in the cycle-cities-completed during super payday. A bug that was both compensated for and fixed as of the L-6. Compensation being a case-of-error default to New York (even if unplayed = zero points). But everything looks to check out, so I believe Houlton is out of L-6.

I plan on reinstating Houlton as an easter egg. One where you will still receive the points you should be given. But with some DMD/sound gimmick. Why not.

#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

soren I'm curious, if any other traces of Houlton are still in the code anywhere? It's small town in Northern Maine, and would have likely been the 3rd starting city, but it was dropped for some reason.

Houlton is just a misspelled Houston that was before Dallas was chosen. There's already 3 east coast cities. Seems simplest explanation is they considered the Houston then changed to the larger Dallas. If they wanted a third starting city it would have just been Atlanta as its already in the starting column, no real adjustments would be needed.

#1636 5 years ago

Soren, any chance the time out when waiting to start a new ball could be taken out or made an option. Really annoying if you need to do something, come back and the game is over.

#1637 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Soren, any chance the time out when waiting to start a new ball could be taken out or made an option. Really annoying if you need to do something, come back and the game is over.

Are you meaing when *buying* an extra ball?

#1638 5 years ago

soren could you put in a feature where when starting a mode and it plays the animation on the DMD for a few seconds, if you could hit both flipper buttons and move past it? other games feature this but not RS. same for all the rest of the animations that hold the ball?

#1639 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

The WPC inactivity reset is when on coin play only. Don't you have yours on free play?

#1640 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

could you put in a feature where when starting a mode and it plays the animation on the DMD for a few seconds, if you could hit both flipper buttons and move past it?

Hmmm. Maybe.

#1641 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The WPC inactivity reset is when on coin play only. Don't you have yours on free play?

It happens on free play with my machine.

#1642 5 years ago

Wut. Just had a good half hour with the (start-of-) ball in the shooter lane. No reset.

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Houlton is just a misspelled Houston that was before Dallas was chosen. There's already 3 east coast cities. Seems simplest explanation is they considered the Houston then changed to the larger Dallas. If they wanted a third starting city it would have just been Atlanta as its already in the starting column, no real adjustments would be needed.

There is Miami and New York and?

#1644 5 years ago

There is Miami and New York and?

those are the only 2 starting cities but atlanta is also in that column, if they wanted to to have a 3rd it would have been that one. No need to change anything physical in the machine. all boards for lighting would have been the same. If they used a small town in Maine they would have had to remove the atlanta art, and not cut that hole, and have the light board design changed to move that bulb up and move the 2 GI lights that are near there plus the moved PF hole. All for a small town no one ever heard of? Everything else is a major city (or ohio/Minn), including the misspelled Houston that would have been a minimal change. The only small place on the game is Butte. There's not a whole lot of options in that area, plus its a funny name. They likely used Houston early then added the edge lights to the country map which meant they needed to move that city slightly so it became Dallas.

#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Wut. Just had a good half hour with the (start-of-) ball in the shooter lane. No reset.

It seems to be last ball, multiplayer. I play by myself normally 4 games at a time and play each ball as a ball not a game. I endeavour to not look at the score. For me it allows me to shoot the game and ignore the mode. It is amazing sometimes how high a score can result from ignoring the score and flashing lights.

#1646 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

soren could you put in a feature where when starting a mode and it plays the animation on the DMD for a few seconds, if you could hit both flipper buttons and move past it? other games feature this but not RS. same for all the rest of the animations that hold the ball?

Its weird but this works on Atlanta, and only Atlanta.

Quoted from Marvin:

those are the only 2 starting cities but atlanta is also in that column, if they wanted to to have a 3rd it would have been that one. No need to change anything physical in the machine. all boards for lighting would have been the same. If they used a small town in Maine they would have had to remove the atlanta art, and not cut that hole, and have the light board design changed to move that bulb up and move the 2 GI lights that are near there plus the moved PF hole. All for a small town no one ever heard of? Everything else is a major city (or ohio/Minn), including the misspelled Houston that would have been a minimal change. The only small place on the game is Butte. There's not a whole lot of options in that area, plus its a funny name. They likely used Houston early then added the edge lights to the country map which meant they needed to move that city slightly so it became Dallas.

My thinking is it was Houlton because its pretty much the "end of the road" I.E. I-95 ends there before entering Canada. The other 2 east coast cities are southern and middle-ish areas of the map. Maine in the US map is grossly undersized for what it is to make room for the blast zone hot dog, but is all stuff that would have been tweaked while the software was being laid out.

#1647 5 years ago

Its weird but this works on Atlanta, and only Atlanta.

My thinking is it was Houlton because its pretty much the "end of the road" I.E. I-95 ends there before entering Canada. The other 2 east coast cities are southern and middle-ish areas of the map. Maine in the US map is grossly undersized for what it is to make room for the blast zone hot dog, but is all stuff that would have been tweaked while the software was being laid out.

sure its the end of the road but unless you from that area, anything north of NY is canada anyway

#1648 5 years ago

So I ordered an L-6 ROM as my Road Show is running LX-2. Can someone point out where this chip is located on the board? I do not want to remove the wrong chip and fry my board. Any help is appreciated.

#1649 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

So I ordered an L-6 ROM as my Road Show is running LX-2. Can someone point out where this chip is located on the board? I do not want to remove the wrong chip and fry my board. Any help is appreciated.

At the yellow arrow....

wpcscpu (resized).jpgwpcscpu (resized).jpg
#1650 5 years ago

Does anyone have a shooter lane Cliffy laying around that they don't need?

RS-ejectMark (resized).jpgRS-ejectMark (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/33?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.