(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,081 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8019258_0 (resized).png

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 82.
#1501 5 years ago

Just a heads up for anyone having Dozer issues....

I recently started having issues with the dozer not behaving correctly during multiball, it would stall, especially if I was flipping anything, so it would just randomly stop half-way at times blocking the shot into Ted's mouth, or just acting all kinds of weird, especially if the dozer was trying to move while I was flipping.

I knew I needed a power board rebuild, as I was having random resets and used a Khar board for a while to stabilize the game, but I was noticing things were progressing for the worse. I did the rebuild last night, and can say this also has fixed my dozer problems entirely. So if you are getting frustrated with the dozer, and have tried all the other fixes, might be time to look at a power board rebuild.

2 weeks later
#1502 5 years ago

Issue just popped up when i got home from work and turned on RS for a game. The game starts fine, and i hit the start button, and it starts up but the ball never comes out and neither of the flippers will fire. I checked around and didnt see anything loose, and did not have find any loose connections, any recommendations on what the issue is?

#1503 5 years ago

Test menu?

#1504 5 years ago

Getting ready to shop out my RS. Any words of advice from those who have already accomplished the task?

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Getting ready to shop out my RS. Any words of advice from those who have already accomplished the task?

Patience. Take your time. Take a shitload of pics (use an iPad if you have one) of every inch, from all angles before you pickup a single tool. Work from the top down, taking a shitload more pics as you go, after each major piece is removed. Reassemble in the exact same order, reverse of teardown... The "during" pics should guide you in reassembly if you start from the last pic you took and keep swiping to the right!

If you take your time, pay attention and be methodical, instead of being in a hurry... When difficulties arise, you should find the task to be an enjoyable challenge, rather than a stressful nightmare.

Enjoy!!

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Issue just popped up when i got home from work and turned on RS for a game. The game starts fine, and i hit the start button, and it starts up but the ball never comes out and neither of the flippers will fire. I checked around and didnt see anything loose, and did not have find any loose connections, any recommendations on what the issue is?

Most probably a fuse in the coil section...have you checked them?

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Make sure to fully disassemble both heads and exchange all the parts if they look used, worn out etc...they are a pain to service and a shop out is the best time to do the task to have them fully restored and funtional after it.

#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Most probably a fuse in the coil section...have you checked them?

I checked fuses and they look fine as that was the first thing i checked. I was checking all the ribbon cables (machine is resetting when both flippers are pushed during game play) and making sure they were all seated correctly and when i went to test flippers during game play, that is when i discovered the issue.

Frustrating but hopefully i can figure it out and learn how to fix a simple issue like this.

#1509 5 years ago

Fuses can be blown and appear good. You need to check them with a multi-meter for continuity.

Quoted from kechlesurf:

machine is resetting when both flippers are pushed during game play

May be a different issue, sounds like classic WPC resets. Try here for info on resets:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Quoted from mastercello:

Make sure to fully disassemble both heads and exchange all the parts if they look used, worn out etc...they are a pain to service and a shop out is the best time to do the task to have them fully restored and funtional after it.

Beat me to it, but IMHO for Ted just replace everything. If the parts don't look too bad, use them for red, as she's easy as heck to remove. Most of the mechanical parts for the heads are super cheap anyways. Coils are generally fine, but if they look even slightly suspect on Ted, replace them too.

Include the Centering flange, spring bar and eyelets in your parts list. They are often overlooked/missing and only a few bucks. The centering flange is for the eyes open movement, and the spring bar and eyelets are what get the eyes to return to center when the coils are off.

#1511 5 years ago

Well, went through the machine to see if i could diagnose the flippers not working and and the ball never coming out. I had a blown fuse on the WPC Power Driver board, F107, S-B 5A 250v, and replaced it and it fixed issues. The game would play, flipper reset issue went away. But after 3 or 4 games, game reset during multiball and the start button stopped working .

Any suggestions where i should start looking next?

1 week later
#1512 5 years ago

Does anyone know if you can install a Stern shaker into a Roadshow? I've not had any luck finding a WPC shaker motor, but I have the interface board from a RS. Any info anyone has would be muchly appreciated.

- tas

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from tas_tig3r:

Does anyone know if you can install a Stern shaker into a Roadshow?

No, totally different. Are you missing the whole shaker assy, or did your motor just fail?

#1514 5 years ago

Heads up...

There is a new option for eddy boards in road show. (disclaimer: made by me).

ebay.com link: Pinball Smart Eddy board replacement Eddy board with auto adjust feature

Auto adjusting ... and fit the original holes!

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from Malcolm:

Heads up...
ebay.com link » Pinball Smart Eddy Board Replacement Eddy Board With Auto Adjust Feature

"Item does not ship to you"
Any chance to buy via Pinside on lower price?

#1516 5 years ago

Very nice! Now make a shaker board replacement

#1517 5 years ago

During game play does the ball ever go in Red's mouth?
Haven't seen a video where it goes in red's mouth.
Trying to solve a switch 37 error, switch seems good

#1518 5 years ago

Yes, the ball definitely goes into Red's mouth. Not often, but it does happen.

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from Malcolm:

Heads up...
ebay.com link » Pinball Smart Eddy Board Replacement Eddy Board With Auto Adjust Feature

Nice! Could you make the interrupter opto board for the dozer?

#1520 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

During game play does the ball ever go in Red's mouth?
Haven't seen a video where it goes in red's mouth.
Trying to solve a switch 37 error, switch seems good

You have to catch her when she is talking, she spits it out and has a few cute lines.

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

You have to catch her when she is talking, she spits it out and has a few cute lines.

"Oh man, that was terrible"

"How do you eat those things?"

1 week later
#1522 5 years ago

I always wondered what Pat was thinking about balls in her mouth...

1 week later
#1523 5 years ago

Anyone who have added the convolux mod?
Pinside thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convoluxcom
Store options: http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206563
It looks REALLY nice on other machines I have seen and want to add to my RS...
Any experience and color advice?
The store has pictures of yellow and green. The obvious blue is not recommended since the "shine" is very limited on that color generally. My initial though is to go for yellow!?
Comments very welcome

#1524 5 years ago

Looks nice and doesn't seem to expensive. I would go with yellow. If you order, post some pics for everyone to see how it looks, I may be interested in adding this mod to my Road Show.

#1525 5 years ago

I did mine with yellow ones and they look pretty good my opinion....

DSC03982 (resized).JPGDSC03982 (resized).JPGDSC04001 (resized).JPGDSC04001 (resized).JPG
#1526 5 years ago

Thanks - will go for yellow and will post pictures when installed

2 weeks later
#1527 5 years ago

Does anybody have a spare left side cab decal? Only the screen printed one from Phoenix Arcade.

#1528 5 years ago

I put on the Convolux plastics this weekend and was very impressed. The pictures do not do it justice(Im not a great photographer) but i was happy with the look of it. The only complaint i had is i wish there were more plastics. The RoadShow package only came with 5 pieces and only covers a few plastics on the lower playfield. Would be great if they would make plastics for all the playfield as they really make the color pop, especially in a dark room.

Roadshow1 (resized).PNGRoadshow1 (resized).PNGRoadshow2 (resized).PNGRoadshow2 (resized).PNGRoadshow3 (resized).PNGRoadshow3 (resized).PNGRoadshow4 (resized).PNGRoadshow4 (resized).PNG
#1529 5 years ago

They do look good, but I also noticed how it was only a few pieces, so I didn't order it.

#1530 5 years ago

I turned on my RS yesterday and noticed during Flying rocks that I wasn't being awarded extra ball when I hit that shot. I removed the glass and went into tests and the switch is working properly. I played a game with he glass off and both the extra ball and radio switches aren't giving the rewards, even though both the switches are working. The blast reward and Teds head shots are both working fine, any ideas where to start?

#1531 5 years ago

Just to be clear, *after* you get the shot on Flying Rocks, you then have to do *something* - it isn't just awarded. I had to double check the rules (which I will paste below) In the case of EB, you get load it on Flying Rocks then you have to hit the spinner I believe. Did you try that combination?

Flying Rocks

Flying Rocks is akin to the Steps in FunHouse. First light the Left Ramp by getting a Wheel award or enough Blasts (Flying Rocks can NOT be stacked at the Ramp). Hitting the Ramp sends the ball down to the left-hand plunger (using some cleverly-placed diverters). A habitrail leads away from the plunger, and it has three exits. Each exit has an award:

Bottom hole
Lite 5x Blast. The ball is fed to the Middle Left Flipper for a one-time shot at the Blast Targets.
Middle hole
Lite Radio Riot. The ball is fed to the Left Inlane. Each hit to the three-bank of Radio Targets scores 10M for the rest of the ball. Sometimes you'll hear air checks from radio stations: "Turn your knob to BOB. BOB 100 FM", "103.5 - WYNY."
Top hole
Lite EB. The ball is fed to the Inside Right Inlane, which is a pretty good setup for a shot at the Lock.
If you send the ball past the top exit, it will hit Ted in the head! This makes Ted very sore and awards 25M. The ball will roll back to the top hole and exit that way.

#1532 5 years ago

When I shoot extra ball from flying rocks it does not light extra ball at spinner and when I shoot radio it does not activate the radio riot mode. Both switches are working in tests.

1 week later
#1533 5 years ago

indusguys, when you tested the switches, did you use the ball or your finger?

using your finger, you may be pressing the switch further than the ball can. especially the flying rocks switch.

if they are working with your finger, they most likely need to be adjusted, so the ball can press them in.

put game in switch test, and roll ball past extra ball switch. if you dont hear the beep, try with your finger. if it beeps with your finger, it needs to be adjusted.

similiar for your radio switch. hope this helps...sparky

#1534 5 years ago

I tested with ball in test mode and the switches are working perfectly fine, they are just not awarding the extra ball or radio riot. When the switches are activated (by the ball) there is a sound from the speakers that shows they were hit, but no award? I am guessing it is a board problem? To be honest this game has been a bit of a "lemon" and nearly everything that can go wrong has, but I really love it and have a blast playing. I just wish I could get it playing 100% just once before I die!

#1535 5 years ago

I've noticed that the upper Rocks shots are not always lit. Does it give the full award sound for you, or just a more generic award?

Unlit: "Duh-DUM!" and a points bonus.
Lit: "Duhduh-Duhduh-DUH-DUM!" followed by either radio static or the "Extra Ball Lit" bells.

I'm not actually sure what determines whether an award is active or not, but it's by design. It's why the awards are denoted by light bulbs that can be either on or off.

Edit: Also check your feature menu adjustments, maybe something is disabled or set for hard difficulty.

#1536 5 years ago

Interesting, those shots used to be lit, maybe I did change something in the menu, how do you lit the upper shots anyway?

1 week later
#1537 5 years ago

Found in the rule sheet:
"Hitting the Center Loop at any time also lights the next unlit Flying Rocks shot. In any event, the shots are always lit in order from bottom to top, and you can collect only one EB from the Rocks per game."

The Center Loop is the shot to the right of the Bulldozer that comes out in the bumpers.

https://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/1972/ROADSHOW.HTM#Flying_Rocks

Incidentally, I didn't know this! Now I do.

#1538 5 years ago

Thanks so much! Now I know it isn't my game, it's just me!

3 weeks later
#1539 5 years ago

I have some Roadshow parts available from a stripped cabinet project I picked up years ago if anyone needs some of the more obscure parts (no plastics).

http://www.darkstararcade.com/mars/parts/pinparts.html

#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I have some Roadshow parts available from a stripped cabinet project I picked up years ago if anyone needs some of the more obscure parts (no plastics).
http://www.darkstararcade.com/mars/parts/pinparts.html

I checked and didnt see any boards. Do you happen to have the board for the dozer blade? Mine is shot and only way to fix it is to replace.

#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I checked and didnt see any boards. Do you happen to have the board for the dozer blade? Mine is shot and only way to fix it is to replace.

Got a picture of one? I'll check. I do have the Eddy sensor boards.

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Got a picture of one? I'll check. I do have the Eddy sensor boards.

Ill have to take a picture when I get back to the house. The Opto Interrupter Board for the dozer was Great Lakes Modular and below is a pic from their site of the board.

As for the eddy board, I need the one near the dozer (but could take both just to have a back up). PM me with prices and lets work something out. My machine plays great other than the dozer blade not working and the jaws for both Red and Ted not working.

GLM Opto Interrupter Board (resized).pngGLM Opto Interrupter Board (resized).png
#1543 5 years ago

Having problems with my bulldozer blade. It's not registering at all, so I can't do M-F etc. Was told the eddy sensor might need adjusting. Never adjusted one before, and I know there is more than 1. Can someone post a pic of which sensor it is, it offer any other input as to the problem. Thanks

#1544 5 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the RAL colour number for the blue legs???

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I used RAL 5015 Sky Blue on mine. It’s not an exact colour match but I was happy with the result

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I used RAL 5015 Sky Blue on mine. It’s not an exact colour match but I was happy with the result

Cheers. Do you have any photos? Or original vs new comparisons?

#1547 5 years ago

I’ll have a look for you, it’s 11:30pm here now so will come back to you in the morning

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Its identical to Ford "engine block" blue, if that helps. I got my paint from an auto parts store... The high-temp epoxy spray paint is quite durable!

IMG_3465 (resized).JPGIMG_3465 (resized).JPG
#1549 5 years ago

Yesterday I ordered an Dialed In LE which will be side to side to my Roadshow. As I see DI as a direct continuation to RS it fits perfectly! Sold my STTNG for this change, will never sell RS!!!

#1550 5 years ago

Sorry I’m late getting mympics up, here’s the legs and coin door

4478E0D6-FAE1-4E43-AE2A-C1A8A82B8925 (resized).jpeg4478E0D6-FAE1-4E43-AE2A-C1A8A82B8925 (resized).jpeg888A4F0A-1ED4-4921-839A-38FBE7B71D67 (resized).jpeg888A4F0A-1ED4-4921-839A-38FBE7B71D67 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/31?hl=gornkleschnitzer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.