(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,081 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8019258_0 (resized).png

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 82.
#1351 6 years ago

Now a few nice custom rules cards, does anyone know where they have it?

#1352 6 years ago

Hey guys so a couple of weeks ago my backbox wasn't lighting. I had blown a fuse, replaced it and it was working fine. I seem to have blown the fuse again. Would anyone know what the culprit is or where to start looking?

#1353 6 years ago

Metal touching metal somewhere assuming in GI string?

#1354 6 years ago

Quick question. I bought the 6264 nvram to finally ditch the battery holder on road show. I bought it from pinitech. The limited instructions suggest that if the existing chip is a 62256 you either need a different kit or you need to run some jumpers. It says the existing chip is either a 6264 or a 62256.

But I don't see that number. Anyone know which is in a road show. Not sure if I need to do the jumpers or not.

#1355 6 years ago

Something like this?

CB357AA8-4B0F-40D0-B54B-EC3E8215D338 (resized).jpegCB357AA8-4B0F-40D0-B54B-EC3E8215D338 (resized).jpeg

#1356 6 years ago

Oh yeah, great job!

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Quick question. I bought the 6264 nvram to finally ditch the battery holder on road show. I bought it from pinitech. The limited instructions suggest that if the existing chip is a 62256 you either need a different kit or you need to run some jumpers. It says the existing chip is either a 6264 or a 62256.
But I don't see that number. Anyone know which is in a road show. Not sure if I need to do the jumpers or not.

Your board should look like this..
http://www.pinitech.com/product_images/ram_locations/ramloc_wpcs.jpg

If you take a picture of the highlighted chip and/or post the markings on the chip here it'll be easy to identify. The markings don't always have the standard markings on them.

Another way is to see what is installed in R93 and W3 (jumper) on the board.

The 6264 will work regardless, but some WPC games used 62256 RAM and those games would require a jumper change as noted on the website @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php (again, only if you're installing a 6264 in a game that currently has a 62256 RAM in it).

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Your board should look like this..
http://www.pinitech.com/product_images/ram_locations/ramloc_wpcs.jpg
If you take a picture of the highlighted chip and/or post the markings on the chip here it'll be easy to identify. The markings don't always have the standard markings on them.
Another way is to see what is installed in R93 and W3 (jumper) on the board.
The 6264 will work regardless, but some WPC games used 62256 RAM and those games would require a jumper change as noted on the website @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php (again, only if you're installing a 6264 in a game that currently has a 62256 RAM in it).

Thanks for the reply. I got the board work done professionally and the fellow that did was really good he did it in front of me and it literally took five minutes. Socket was installed it’s very clean. And further to watch you said I did look at the R 93 and W3 situation and as you mentioned the resister is there and there is no jumper at W3 from factory. So it looks like it is set up already correctly. so it looks like it is set up already correctly. fast forward to last night. I got it home, installed the board and my display was dead, the machine makes the boot up tone. But nothing happens. Pushing the menu buttons does nothing.

I reseated all the plugs and the same result however the display lights up but is all garbled so I can’t tell what’s on it.

#1359 6 years ago

Further to the above post.

When the display was out. Led d19 and d21 were on solid. D20 is off.

When the display came up garbled only d21 was on solid. Other two were off.

I’ve reseated the connectors again and the display is gone again and only d19 and d21 lit.

#1360 6 years ago

Reinstalled original chip. No change. Any help would be awesome.

#1361 6 years ago

Sounds like a trace was pulled when installing the U8 socket for the NVRAM. You probably got two bongs on start up.

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Sounds like a trace was pulled when installing the U8 socket for the NVRAM. You probably got two bongs on start up.

The traces all look really good. I was amazed at how good he was. Once he had the chip out he even showed me the board before he installed the socket. I really don’t think there’s any damaged traces. And only one bong.

#1363 6 years ago

Does the D20 LED blink continually on start up? If not how many times does it blink?

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

What's the serial number Nik?

IMAG1075 (resized).jpgIMAG1075 (resized).jpg

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Does the D20 LED blink continually on start up? If not how many times does it blink?

No blinks. Just 19 and 21 on solid when the display is blank. If the display comes up garbled only 21 comes up solid. 20 is never on.

#1366 6 years ago

It should blink continually if working correctly. If its not blinking continually it should blink 1,2 or 3 times.

1 blink = U6/G11 CPU game ROM bad
2 blinks = U8 CMOS RAM chip bad
3 blinks = U9 WPC Custom chip bad

#1367 6 years ago

After researching that serial number turns out it's later than anything in the database and the manufacturer date is beyond all the others, so I suppose it was a game assembled at the end or after production out of some remaining parts?

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

It should blink continually if working correctly. If its not blinking continually it should blink 1,2 or 3 times.
1 blink = U6/G11 CPU game ROM bad
2 blinks = U8 CMOS RAM chip bad
3 blinks = U9 WPC Custom chip bad

It's not getting that far. From what I'm reading upon start up, D19 and D21 come on solid... then when the boot starts, D19 shuts off and the flash sequence begins. When I had my DMD working but Garbled... it was getting to the point where D19 shut off but no flash sequence on D20. Now my DMD is in the dark again and I'm frozen at D19 and D21 on solid.

If I had a clear working display I'm very curious to see what's reading on it... but I can't get it working at all any more.

#1369 6 years ago

Today a small mod mounted, small but the nicest mod that is there for me. I demonstrate him in the test mode. The mod has been updated with a yellow and black border like on the road.

334C2EC6-BBB0-43BA-A5E8-06163CA80E1D (resized).jpeg334C2EC6-BBB0-43BA-A5E8-06163CA80E1D (resized).jpeg

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Today a small mod mounted, small but the nicest mod that is there for me. I demonstrate him in the test mode. The mod has been updated with a yellow and black border like on the road.
» YouTube video

Very nice! Love to have one of those. Great Job...

#1371 6 years ago

Carbonellie That is super cool! Love that it is connected to the lock light . Love to have one ! Showed my wife , she said buy it, I said it's not for sale

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

carbonellie That is super cool! Love that it is connected to the lock light . Love to have one ! Showed my wife , she said buy it, I said it's not for sale

Look on Amazon or eBay I've seen them.

#1373 6 years ago

carbonellie That is super cool! Love that it is connected to the lock light . Love to have one ! Showed my wife , she said buy it, I said it's not for sale

+1 I want one too. I guess I didn't realize how bad the stock radio is until I saw this!

#1374 6 years ago

Pinballdoctor1 makes/sells the Lock Light - he doesn't have any active listings but if you PM him he might be able to get you one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/17584

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

PinballDoctor1 makes/sells the Lock Light - he doesn't have any active listings but if you PM him he might be able to get you one?

Hey that's awesome!

I wonder if maybe we could work something like this into the game: https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uOLED_160_G2/

Its the larger cousin to the display used in the WOZ crystal ball.

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Hey that's awesome!
I wonder if maybe we could work something like this into the game: https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uOLED_160_G2/
Its the larger cousin to the display used in the WOZ crystal ball.

The lock light sign is meant to represent a construction sign you'd see on the roadway. That WOZ wouldn't suit the RS theme imo.

#1377 6 years ago

Would be neat if it could do something for extra ball too.

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The lock light sign is meant to represent a construction sign you'd see on the roadway. That WOZ wouldn't suit the RS theme imo.

I get that. You could do the same thing..... have it display as a construction sign most of the time and maybe something funny for the cities.

Mat

#1379 6 years ago

Hey Joey, yes it is for sale! the @ pinballDoctor1 makes them, and sells them, send them an email and the rest goes automatically.

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Hey Joey, yes it is for sale! the @ pinballDoctor1 makes them, and sells them, send them an email and the rest goes automatically.

Wonder what it would cost shipped to the states? I'd love to have one too.

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Thanks, I'm checking into it . Not usually intererestd in mods, but this one is very nice and plays well into the game . And my wife even thinks it's a cool mod and it's one of her favorite games , so I gotta find one

#1382 6 years ago

I recently acquired a Williams Road Show pinball machine. One of the biggest complaints of the game is the red radio plastic mod located on the right hand side of the play field. The red radio is very boring and does not interact that much with the game. I decided to repaint the radio to a black and yellow scheme to match the theme of the game. I also installed 10 LEDS throughout the radio. The LEDS light when Talk Radio multi ball is reached and also when the ramps are accessed by the ball.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/03/11/mods-re-modding-of-the-williams-road-show-plastic-radio-mod-video/

Video Post :

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

Side by Side (resized).jpgSide by Side (resized).jpg

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I get that. You could do the same thing..... have it display as a construction sign most of the time and maybe something funny for the cities.
Mat

i like your thinkin! That'd be sweet...

#1384 6 years ago

Is this for sale as a mod?

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is this for sale as a mod?

Please let it be!!!!

#1386 6 years ago

I would like to buy one also.

#1387 6 years ago

Am joining the club this coming Sunday, looking forward to wrecking some road

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I recently acquired a Williams Road Show pinball machine. One of the biggest complaints of the game is the red radio plastic mod located on the right hand side of the play field. The red radio is very boring and does not interact that much with the game. I decided to repaint the radio to a black and yellow scheme to match the theme of the game. I also installed 10 LEDS throughout the radio. The LEDS light when Talk Radio multi ball is reached and also when the ramps are accessed by the ball.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/03/11/mods-re-modding-of-the-williams-road-show-plastic-radio-mod-video/
Video Post :
» YouTube video

Cool!!! I order another one, and also make LEDs in this.

1 week later
#1389 6 years ago

Does anyone know what a new Road Show cost in 1993? Do not shoot me if I ask a stupid question, but is there a price list of the pinballs when new costs?

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Does anyone know what a new Road Show cost in 1993? Do not shoot me if I ask a stupid question, but is there a price list of the pinballs when new costs?

Prices depended on your relationship with the distributor. Larger customers got lower prices than smaller customers. The company I worked for bought a couple new WPC-89 games for $3500 - $4000 in that era. We were a larger customer, though.

#1391 6 years ago

I have a RS that resets so i got one them Kahr wpc fix boards that fixes it for a temp fix. So the led show it dropping to 4.6v and i double checked with a meter. Any ideas on what could be dropping it down ? I was thinking something on driver board.

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I have a RS that resets so i got one them Kahr wpc fix boards that fixes it for a temp fix. So the led show it dropping to 4.6v and i double checked with a meter. Any ideas on what could be dropping it down ? I was thinking something on driver board.

The good news is that this is a very common problem. The bad news is there are 100 causes. I don't think anyone can help more than saying "Hey! Look at this..."

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

To add my latest experience... I solved reboot/reset issues on TZ and RS by removing the Z connector. But there are many potential causes.

... Altan

#1393 6 years ago

I have this mod on my RS, it is fantastic....interactive which makes it very interesting to see in person...

Quoted from Carbonellie:

» YouTube video

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

The good news is that this is a very common problem. The bad news is there are 100 causes. I don't think anyone can help more than saying "Hey! Look at this..."
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets
To add my latest experience... I solved reboot/reset issues on TZ and RS by removing the Z connector. But there are many potential causes.
... Altan

Thanks for the info

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Prices depended on your relationship with the distributor. Larger customers got lower prices than smaller customers. The company I worked for bought a couple new WPC-89 games for $3500 - $4000 in that era. We were a larger customer, though.

Wow that's a lot of money for the 90s, thanks for the answer.

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Blog Post :
Video Post :
» YouTube video

I will buy one of those radios. Sure looks great.

#1397 6 years ago

Decided to go a different way on the stock baby blue legs..... Looks damn good but now it makes the cabinet fade stand out a bit in my mind.

20180322_204151 (resized).jpg20180322_204151 (resized).jpg
20180322_204141 (resized).jpg20180322_204141 (resized).jpg

20180324_093124 (resized).jpg20180324_093124 (resized).jpg

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

PinballDoctor1 makes/sells the Lock Light - he doesn't have any active listings but if you PM him he might be able to get you one?

I bought mine from him a month or so ago. Well worth the money. PM him and he will hook you up!

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Would be neat to see the original list price in comparison to the current value.

#1400 6 years ago

Someone posted a distributors price sheet from the mid-90s on here about two years ago. I wish I could find that post.... I'm searching....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/28?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.