(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 82.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It's has all LEDs in it, all are working. It was a great candidate for pinstadium and passed with flying colors.

Nice - it certainly looks nice now.

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Nice - it certainly looks nice now.

Thanks, I think a colorDMD is calling my name next, but man they are spendy.

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I think a colorDMD is calling my name next, but man they are spendy.

My thoughts exactly. Want one badly for it, but for about 400, still unsure. Think I'm going to go with the Laseriffic Topper instead..

#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

My thoughts exactly. Want one badly for it, but for about 400, still unsure. Think I'm going to go with the Laseriffic Topper instead..

Go for the DMD. Totally worth it

20170830_233757 (resized).jpg20170830_233757 (resized).jpg

#1305 6 years ago

Yes, the color DMD. Is a great investment. Great mod for the money. They really improve an already great game. Plus it works in most of the Bally Williams games, you just have to load in software for that game. I have 4 of them. Popeye, roadshow, monster bash, white water.

#1306 6 years ago

The Color DMD improvement for Roadshow is particularly good. I have 7 machines with color DMD and Roadshows animations in color would rank 2nd with all the cool modes it has

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Might need to ask in new thread, but I'll try to help.
There are folks much smarter than me here, but I'll give you a starting point . Issue 2&3 are similar issues. Under the pf there is a small green board ( 3/4"x 3" if I remember right ) right under where the ball would travel to reds mouth or the bulldozer blade. It senses the ball by a magnet , and knows it's there. It has a small adjustment pot on it, use a Jewlers screwdriver and adjust to the point just where the red led indicator light turns off. Don't touch the screwdriver to anything by accident, cover all but the tip with black tape if need be .
Issue 5, might be EOS switch, or might be dirty opto on cabinet mounted flipper switch .
Clean the opto with a q tip . Check flipper switches in switch test in diagnostic. Swap flipper switches and see if problem goes away, or changes sides, there are no upper flippers on the right side so it might fix it.
That's it for me, hope it gets u started .
Joey P

Thanks Joey that resolved issue # 2.

Anyone else can help with my other issues ?

1 week later
#1308 6 years ago

Yet another version of the radio painted. I took someone else's version and tweaked it a touch. I do like the silver and black .
Today's project is to refurb the coin door . Having a hell of a time finding semi-flat black krylon. Craft store, Home Depot, and target were a no go. Gonna do the 2 step method with barely pressing down on gloss to speckle over the semi flat .
It's a rainy day in georgia , nice full day project , with a two hour intermission at a local pinball bar in downtown . Gotta let my harness dry anyways.

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG

IMG_0696 (resized).JPGIMG_0696 (resized).JPG

#1309 6 years ago

Hey Guys 2 problems. My trough jam switch was acting up again. I took a qtip and got some of the dirt out. Turned it back on and surprisingly its working again. Going forward what should i be concerned about with the trough? new boards, leds, etc?. The bigger issue is my backbox is not lighting up. My game ended and i noticed my backbox wasnt lit. Turned the pin back on and when i started a game it came back on but cut back off. Now it doesnt light at all. Where should i start looking first. Everything works gameplay wise and i cant notice any lights or gi out on the playfield

#1310 6 years ago

Just joined! Now its weeks of teardown polish/clean/replace ahead for me. Clean cabinet, good playfield, just the typical fade. Whats up with these things fading? Little "helpers" already eager to pitch in.

20180209_192223 (resized).jpg20180209_192223 (resized).jpg

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Just joined! Now its weeks of teardown polish/clean/replace ahead for me. Clean cabinet, good playfield, just the typical fade. Whats up with these things fading? Little "helpers" already eager to pitch in.

Small world.

(Don’t panic, we’re not putting powerballs into Red’s mouth...)

E8BBA6DF-9A04-466A-9872-95060F46FAAC (resized).jpegE8BBA6DF-9A04-466A-9872-95060F46FAAC (resized).jpeg

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys 2 problems. My trough jam switch was acting up again. I took a qtip and got some of the dirt out. Turned it back on and surprisingly its working again. Going forward what should i be concerned about with the trough? new boards, leds, etc?. The bigger issue is my backbox is not lighting up. My game ended and i noticed my backbox wasnt lit. Turned the pin back on and when i started a game it came back on but cut back off. Now it doesnt light at all. Where should i start looking first. Everything works gameplay wise and i cant notice any lights or gi out on the playfield

Sounds like GI connection on the board. Don't remember what color wires on the connection . I'll look later and reply if someone doesn't beat me to it . GI connections always get overheated , and will get brown and crispy . Usually can look at them and tell which is the GI connection . Could try to just pull and reseat it if it's just corroded from overheating .

#1313 6 years ago

Ok, GI issue guy. Big green PCB in back box , bottom right board . Power driver board .
Look at connectors at J121-1 through J121-9. Probably find J121-7 , 8 or 9 kinda crispy . Again , pull out connection and reseat and see if it helps. If so, you might have to rebuild that connector , or hack a repair on it with a single push on connector to get it working . Preferably a proper connector repair of course . Don't solder the wire to it , someone will hate you down the road .
Hope I helped some.

#1314 6 years ago

Sounds like GI connection on the board. Don't remember what color wires on the connection . I'll look later and reply if someone doesn't beat me to it . GI connections always get overheated , and will get brown and crispy . Usually can look at them and tell which is the GI connection . Could try to just pull and reseat it if it's just corroded from overheating .

Turned out to be a blown fuse but i appreciate the help. I learned a lot

#1315 6 years ago

Love it when it's something simple. Enjoy the Road Show, had mine for 20 years , still love the game , never tired of it .

#1316 6 years ago

Monkeyboy.... Lol. How do you like the colordmd? I'm thinking of picking one up for the first time.

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Monkeyboy.... Lol. How do you like the colordmd? I'm thinking of picking one up for the first time.

I have one as well, best ever!

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

ColorDMD is a guilty pleasure. There’s not a single game I wouldn’t put one in. Roadshow in color is better than Roadshow without! £400 better? Not sure about that. But still way way better.

#1319 6 years ago

Yet another version of the radio painted. I took someone else's version and tweaked it a touch. I do like the silver and black .
Today's project is to refurb the coin door . Having a hell of a time finding semi-flat black krylon. Craft store, Home Depot, and target were a no go. Gonna do the 2 step method with barely pressing down on gloss to speckle over the semi flat .
It's a rainy day in georgia , nice full day project , with a two hour intermission at a local pinball bar in downtown . Gotta let my harness dry anyways.

Radio looks nice. Seen a lot of painted radios since I picked up my RS, so I think i'll paint mine as well. What are you guys using for paint? Using brushes, spray cans and masking areas off etc.?? Just curious what methods are being used and what works better. Obviously small brushes work well, but leave brush marks. Thoughts?

#1320 6 years ago

Here are mine, which a friend did for me as I have ZERO artistic abilities. Just a poor quality photo til I get them back home:

A6A2C284-32F7-48DA-932B-419C2E8BF41B (resized).jpegA6A2C284-32F7-48DA-932B-419C2E8BF41B (resized).jpeg

#1321 6 years ago

I sell car paint for a living, so I used automotive base coat for the silver and black. I first sprayed a coat of Epoxy sealer , after an hour I sprayed the silver. Next day i masked off the silver areas and sprayed the black . an hour later i used paint pens and did the buttons and fine intricate black on the radio dial. I chose not to clear it, might change my mind , not sure I want it glossy as hell.
How could you do it?, scuff with scour pad ( red scotchbrite 3M pad) and soap and water to dull best you can, spray a coat of adhesion promoter, follow instructions, and then spray your colors from an aerosol can. I can't recommend this ( link below) because I didn't use it but it looks like it would work as an adhesion promoter to put down before your first color. BTW, getting paint to stick well to plastic is tough if you don't know what kind of plastic it is, and i bought the marco radio as to not ruin my original. Had a little adhesion issue in the groves around the speakers and used a pen to touch up.
Best to spend the $15 and do it on a replica of the original.
https://www.autozone.com/paint-and-body/primer/dupli-color-clear-aerosol-adhesion-promoter-primer/460112_0_0

#1322 6 years ago

I am not sure if this will work for you but I use Testor's Dullcote matte finish. It creates a nice finish that is not too shiny and protects your work.

#1323 6 years ago

Here is my radio. Primed it black with Citadel primer spray paint, then hand painted the rest with acrylic paints, then sprayed 2 coats of Testors Dullcote matte finish.

20180213_210539 (resized).jpg20180213_210539 (resized).jpg

#1324 6 years ago

This is a great semi-flat black paint from Menards or Home Depot. About $4 per can.

IMG_0223 (resized).JPGIMG_0223 (resized).JPG

IMG_0224 (resized).JPGIMG_0224 (resized).JPG

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

This is a great semi-flat black paint from Menards or Home Depot. About $4 per can.

+1 on this paint. I've used it on 2 coin door repaints. Stuff works great. I use it for other things outside also, shepherds hooks, metal benches, weathervanes etc. .

#1326 6 years ago

I am evaluating to have one or not.
They are many people talking about the linearity.
But, i see that they are two ways to increase the variety in the way the cities are started:
1. In the setup you can choose between: the longer path or the straight path (horizontal)
2. During play, if you hit a different color target or the bumper you will change the city (vertically)

For those people who have a RS, can they tell me how the cities are selected by the game, when the setting is straight path ? An example should be fine.
Thanks

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeanclaudev:

For those people who have a RS, can they tell me how the cities are selected by the game, when the setting is straight path ? An example should be fine.

I have only had the game on the longer path, I will try it out with the short path and chime back.

#1328 6 years ago

Hit a white target - selects the next top/white city. They are worth the least points.

Hit an orange target - selects the next bottom/orange city. They are worth more points.

Is that what you need Jeanclaudev ?

#1329 6 years ago

So, if you continue to always only hit orange target, with this setting, you will go faster to the the west ?

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeanclaudev:

So, if you continue to always only hit orange target, with this setting, you will go faster to the the west ?

Not faster necessarily, but you’ll take the most rewarding (points) path playing only the orange cities.

#1331 6 years ago

And what is the difference in the sequence if you select longer path then ?

#1332 6 years ago

I'm having this game in my collection since 2013 but I was never ever able to hit he orange target on the left side at the toll plastic near the small flipper. How can it be hit?

#1333 6 years ago

I found the reply to my question : in longer path it refuses to take the same color city as the current city, and only accepts the two other colors, forcing zig zag

1 week later
#1334 6 years ago

Anyone else's roadshow have a red board in the middle? When I looked at ipdb all the boards are green but mine appears to be different.

IMAG1074 (resized).jpgIMAG1074 (resized).jpg

#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Anyone else's roadshow have a red board in the middle? When I looked at ipdb all the boards are green but mine appears to be different.

You likely have an early sample game. Prototype machines had all red lamp boards. Since you have a mix of boards (green and red), the red board was likely left over from a batch they made for prototype machines.

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Do you need the bottom and top also in red? I can do it for you
I have some green left, and can do it in red/blue/black/white.

#1337 6 years ago

What's the serial number Nik?

#1338 6 years ago

Hey guys -
Is your U9 populated on the sound board (DCS)?

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys -
Is your U9 populated on the sound board (DCS)?

Mine is empty.

20180227_102315 (resized).jpg20180227_102315 (resized).jpg

#1340 6 years ago

U9 on mine is also not populated!

Did a complete tear down and restore with my Roadshow, which i got as a part of another deal as dead.
rs_pf_final (resized).jpgrs_pf_final (resized).jpg

Came out really nice (120h work at least)
rs_pfassembly24 (resized).jpgrs_pfassembly24 (resized).jpg

rs_resto447 (resized).jpgrs_resto447 (resized).jpg

#1341 6 years ago

I would be proud of this one. Looks great.

#1342 6 years ago

Yeah, looks like a nice minty playfield with no wear, good score.

#1343 6 years ago

Thanks mates...it had the normal fish wear, but a nice and helpfull friend was able to repaint it very nice.
He did also the repaint of the Radio and the two faces.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Thanks mates...it had the normal fish wear, but a nice and helpfull friend was able to repaint it very nice.
He did also the repaint of the Radio and the two faces.

I need to borrow your friend!

Looks great

#1345 6 years ago

Hey Road Show friends,
Bart Is my name and come from The Netherlands Please make me a member of the club.
My Road Show has been completely restored, the cabinet and the playing field have already been done, I have done the technique myself. And with the topper of Dave he is totally super.
Together with Funhouse the two best pin's for me.

B73B8FD1-2FF3-408B-B391-AF36FDB5949B (resized).jpegB73B8FD1-2FF3-408B-B391-AF36FDB5949B (resized).jpeg

EC4BA1E9-8EE4-4C8C-9C0A-3671FA9B2DEE (resized).jpegEC4BA1E9-8EE4-4C8C-9C0A-3671FA9B2DEE (resized).jpeg

E4859EEB-0C28-4391-A7DF-7058F875155A (resized).jpegE4859EEB-0C28-4391-A7DF-7058F875155A (resized).jpeg

97A1290B-8EB5-41F0-8B65-47F0B4E1667F (resized).jpeg97A1290B-8EB5-41F0-8B65-47F0B4E1667F (resized).jpeg

#1346 6 years ago

Beautiful

#1347 6 years ago

Really nice! Now time to paint that hideous red radio!

#1348 6 years ago

I have ordered one, (aftermarket) that I will paint.

Quoted from Indusguys:Really nice! Now time to paint that hideous red radio!

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I need to borrow your friend!
Looks great

Hahahaha....actually he is from the states and also a member here!

Carbonellie - really nice Road Show and Fun House - congratulations!

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

I have ordered one, (aftermarket) that I will paint.

Probably one of the best things you will do for the game, other then the colour DMD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/27?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.