(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 82.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

You just need the bracket. No idea where to find one. Ebay, PBL, BAA, planetary, etc....lots of other vendors besides Marco.
That being said the bracket should work, it may need adjustment for proper jaw movement. FH uses the exact same gears and a different colored bottom jaw. When the jaw is free of the gears does it move nice and smooth?

Hey dsuperbee thanks again for taking an interested in this and for helping out. Yes the jaw moves freely when it is disconnected from the mech. Sorry for being such a noob but could you list the URLs for those sites (not ebay obviously). I've never purchased from them before. When the mech is open and its just the gears on the bracket they don't move as smooth as I would expect. When the bracket is put together (both sides) with the motor cog connected to the round gear it barely moves and has to be pushed fairly hard to get it to budge and then doesn't move consistently across the arc if that makes sense. It feels like there is too much friction like the gears and cog don't quite fit the bracket.

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Hey dsuperbee thanks again for taking an interested in this and for helping out. Yes the jaw moves freely when it is disconnected from the mech. Sorry for being such a noob but could you list the URLs for those sites (not ebay obviously). I've never purchased from them before. When the mech is open and its just the gears on the bracket they don't move as smooth as I would expect. When the bracket is put together (both sides) with the motor cog connected to the round gear it barely moves and has to be pushed fairly hard to get it to budge and then doesn't move consistently across the arc if that makes sense. It feels like there is too much friction like the gears and cog don't quite fit the bracket.

Pinballlife.com; bayareaamusements.com, planetarypinball.com

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Pinballlife.com; bayareaamusements.com, planetarypinball.com

None of those suppliers seem to sell the actual Jaw mech for Red. If possible, could someone please take a photo of their under playfield mech for Red so I can compare position etc. with my non-working?

Cheers

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

None of those suppliers seem to sell the actual Jaw mech for Red. If possible, could someone please take a photo of their under playfield mech for Red so I can compare position etc. with my non-working?
Cheers

Gotcha Fam:

20171127_203446 (resized).jpg20171127_203446 (resized).jpg

20171127_203457 (resized).jpg20171127_203457 (resized).jpg

20171127_203512 (resized).jpg20171127_203512 (resized).jpg

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Did you replace the motor gear? (not the sector wedge shaped one) I remember having this issue with a replacement marco gear I received. I bought both gears because they were cheap, but it was far, far too tight and didn't mesh properly. Switched back to the original one, as it was just the sector gear worn out on mine.

The jaw should move pretty freely. I know I can open either mouth with my fingers with just a little light pressure.

#1206 6 years ago

Small issue I'm having with my RS.

Red's eyes don't seem to want to center after they move left and right. They move just fine when she wants to look left or right, but they are a little lazy when it comes to centering.

Of course, this isn't earth shattering and the game is still 100% playable, but it's minor annoyance.

Where should I be looking? Anyone else ever have this problem? Thanks in advance.

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Did you replace the motor gear? (not the sector wedge shaped one) I remember having this issue with a replacement marco gear I received. I bought both gears because they were cheap, but it was far, far too tight and didn't mesh properly. Switched back to the original one, as it was just the sector gear worn out on mine.
The jaw should move pretty freely. I know I can open either mouth with my fingers with just a little light pressure.

Cheers purplemunkydishw for the reply! I haven't replaced anything personally but I am pretty sure the whole mech has been replaced at some point before. Red's mouth hasn't moved since I got the machine a few weeks ago. If you check my previous post where I posted photos and compare to dsuperbee posted photos you can see it is quite different. He thinks someone has installed a funhouse bracket. I am wondering if there is anything I can hack to get it to move correctly? Maybe file down the gears a little so that there is less friction? Ideally, I would just buy an assembly that is meant to go into my machine but I need to find a source somewhere for that.

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Small issue I'm having with my RS.
Red's eyes don't seem to want to center after they move left and right. They move just fine when she wants to look left or right, but they are a little lazy when it comes to centering.
Of course, this isn't earth shattering and the game is still 100% playable, but it's minor annoyance.
Where should I be looking? Anyone else ever have this problem? Thanks in advance.

The brass eyelets that hold the centering bar in place are worn. A decent hobby shop should have the eyelets.

Quoted from chinosts:

Cheers purplemunkydishw for the reply! I haven't replaced anything personally but I am pretty sure the whole mech has been replaced at some point before. Red's mouth hasn't moved since I got the machine a few weeks ago. If you check my previous post where I posted photos and compare to dsuperbee posted photos you can see it is quite different. He thinks someone has installed a funhouse bracket. I am wondering if there is anything I can hack to get it to move correctly? Maybe file down the gears a little so that there is less friction? Ideally, I would just buy an assembly that is meant to go into my machine but I need to find a source somewhere for that.

The bracket should work, it just may need some adjustment up or down to work well. FH uses the same exact mechs, just the bracket is different. It might help to clean the mounting points for the jaw as well.

#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The brass eyelets that hold the centering bar in place are worn. A decent hobby shop should have the eyelets.
Quoted from chinosts:

Which # are you talking about?

Screenshot_20171128-192725 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171128-192725 (resized).png

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The bracket should work, it just may need some adjustment up or down to work well. FH uses the same exact mechs, just the bracket is different. It might help to clean the mounting points for the jaw as well.

The issue that that the gears don't move well within the bracket. I removed it from the playfield and then opened both parts (There are two parts). The gears don't move very well when the mech is together even before mounted under the playfield. I've tried cleaning etc. but to no avail. The rods that the gears slot onto don't look bent or out of place. It almost feels like the gears are too big for the part which is why I suggested filing down the teeth a little to see if they move freely. Not sure what else to do besides finding a replacement.

#1211 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

They aren't in that drawing, but they would be in the frame and #22 sits in them on both sides. You will need to remove the head to replace em, and will be visible then.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

The issue that that the gears don't move well within the bracket. I removed it from the playfield and then opened both parts (There are two parts). The gears don't move very well when the mech is together even before mounted under the playfield. I've tried cleaning etc. but to no avail. The rods that the gears slot onto don't look bent or out of place. It almost feels like the gears are too big for the part which is why I suggested filing down the teeth a little to see if they move freely. Not sure what else to do besides finding a replacement.

So the gears spin freely on their own, but get difficult when both are mounted? Is this correct?

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

So the gears spin freely on their own, but get difficult when both are mounted? Is this correct?

That is correct.

#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Yeah, I am wondering if you have the correct motor gear, since it seems like someone cobbled together other parts in there. Its possible since it isn't the right bracket, the gear isn't correct either? Just a guess.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

this is the part #: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9668 But as dsuperbee said, you can find them at a hobby shop, or like I did, bought a huge pack on amazon for like $4 since marco was OOS for months.

I would go and replace the spring bar #22 and Crank liner #14 while you are at it. Fixed up my lazy-eye Ted.

#1215 6 years ago

Would anyone have Breakdown or assembly pictures they wouldnt mind sharing with me? It would be greatly appreciated

#1216 6 years ago

Yeah, I am wondering if you have the correct motor gear, since it seems like someone cobbled together other parts in there. Its possible since it isn't the right bracket, the gear isn't correct either? Just a guess.

The jaw drive gears are interchangeable between all 3 heads. Now he may have a set of crappy reproduction gears, but they should be easy to move. I would sand the inner part of the gear that rides on the bar, as well as the bar instelf. It shouldn't need any grease as it isn't metal on metal contact.

Chinosts: have you tried swapping the plugs on the jaw drive board, so red drives teds jaw and Ted drives reds draw? See if the problem stays or follows.

#1217 6 years ago

I bought replacement sector gears for Red & Ted because the originals were missing a few teeth. The replacements were slightly larger, enough that everything was very tight when reinstalled and the motor didn't have enough power to move the gears, so Red & Ted's jaws didn't open. I ended up putting the original sprocket gear back in; missing teeth but at least it worked.

#1218 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The jaw drive gears are interchangeable between all 3 heads. Now he may have a set of crappy reproduction gears, but they should be easy to move. I would sand the inner part of the gear that rides on the bar, as well as the bar instelf. It shouldn't need any grease as it isn't metal on metal contact.
Chinosts: have you tried swapping the plugs on the jaw drive board, so red drives teds jaw and Ted drives reds draw? See if the problem stays or follows.

Hey dsuperbee ... I didn't swap the plugs but I have actually replaced the entire jaw drive board because I thought perhaps that might of been the issue. I think Hammerhead has nailed the problem with his response. I am pretty sure the gears are repos because they look new'ish and its my assessment that they are just slightly too big for the bracket. When its all together they just don't move right.. I think I am going to try and file down the teeth a little and see if that helps. What do you think?

#1219 6 years ago

You can give it a go. Worst that happens is you buy new gears.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

You can give it a go. Worst that happens is you buy new gears.

Worst thing happened I'm in Canada from the end of next week for a month and a half so I will order new gears and get them sent to my address there..

Whatever I did I just couldn't get the round plastic gear to spin smoothly against the motor gear. I took the other gear off first and just tried to get those two parts to play well together. I think the round plastic gear was actually bent / warped a little which was causing the teeth to not engage with the motor gears correctly at times in its revolution. Hopefully new gears will sort it out. Any suggestions where the best place to get them from is?

#1221 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a set of cabinet decals for my Road Show? My cab needs some love and the decals aren't bad but are faded in places. Oh there is also the swastika that someone scratched into the side that I'd also like to remove

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Worst thing happened I'm in Canada from the end of next week for a month and a half so I will order new gears and get them sent to my address there..
Whatever I did I just couldn't get the round plastic gear to spin smoothly against the motor gear. I took the other gear off first and just tried to get those two parts to play well together. I think the round plastic gear was actually bent / warped a little which was causing the teeth to not engage with the motor gears correctly at times in its revolution. Hopefully new gears will sort it out. Any suggestions where the best place to get them from is?

if pinbits.com has them, get them there. Otherwise all the other vendors should be the same. There is someone making them out of metal on eBay, and have heard good things.

#1224 6 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Anyone know where I can get a set of cabinet decals for my Road Show? My cab needs some love and the decals aren't bad but are faded in places. Oh there is also the swastika that someone scratched into the side that I'd also like to remove

PM sent.

#1225 6 years ago

I regularly have well balls fly off the top of the left ramp and wedge somewhere around Bobs Bunker. Has anyone put a clear plastic on top of that ramp to prevent such problems? If so can I see a pic?

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I regularly have well balls fly off the top of the left ramp and wedge somewhere around Bobs Bunker. Has anyone put a clear plastic on top of that ramp to prevent such problems? If so can I see a pic?

Go back to post #996 where I posted pics when you asked this same question 5 months ago.

#1227 6 years ago

Did I already ask here? Whoops
Thought I asked on the Aussie version

#1228 6 years ago

Okay, thought if I played the game enough I would be able to answer my own question, but it hasn't happened so here I am.

How do you get to San Francisco? I've been to every other city (including Seattle and L.A.), but the game will not let me go to San Francisco! I've even traveled cross country multiple times in a game and they just have me go to Seattle or L.A. again!

Is there something I'm missing here?

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Okay, thought if I played the game enough I would be able to answer my own question, but it hasn't happened so here I am.
How do you get to San Francisco? I've been to every other city (including Seattle and L.A.), but the game will not let me go to San Francisco! I've even traveled cross country multiple times in a game and they just have me go to Seattle or L.A. again!
Is there something I'm missing here?

http://pinball.org/rules/roadshow.html

City Scenes (modes)

Each of the cities on the US map corresponds to a mode. That's right, eighteen of 'em! The cities are roughly in a grid, 6 columns by 3 rows. The top row of lights is white, the middle row is yellow, and the bottom row is orange. It's not a perfect grid, though; in fact, from going from right to left, the colors always rotate in the same order: white, orange, yellow.
To begin a mode, shoot either the Start City Scene scoop or the Blast Hole when the Start City Scene globe light is flashing. You cannot start modes during multiball, or when you have locked two balls and Ted is asleep. You also cannot have more than one mode running at a time (but see bugs).
The currently flashing mode is always one of the next two cities on the map (going from right to left), so your first mode is either New York (white) or Miami (orange) -- the rightmost 2 cities on the map. This means that you can never play two modes of the same color in a row. The exception to this rule is the West Coast cities - you can reach any of the three cities on the coast.
The currently flashing mode changes when you hit a bumper or standup of the same color as a city that you can reach at that time. So for example, at the beginning of the game, New York is the flashing mode, but hitting an orange bumper or standup changes the mode to Miami; and hitting a while bumper or standup changes it back to New York.

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

http://pinball.org/rules/roadshow.html
City Scenes (modes)
Each of the cities on the US map corresponds to a mode. That's right, eighteen of 'em! The cities are roughly in a grid, 6 columns by 3 rows. The top row of lights is white, the middle row is yellow, and the bottom row is orange. It's not a perfect grid, though; in fact, from going from right to left, the colors always rotate in the same order: white, orange, yellow.
To begin a mode, shoot either the Start City Scene scoop or the Blast Hole when the Start City Scene globe light is flashing. You cannot start modes during multiball, or when you have locked two balls and Ted is asleep. You also cannot have more than one mode running at a time (but see bugs).
The currently flashing mode is always one of the next two cities on the map (going from right to left), so your first mode is either New York (white) or Miami (orange) -- the rightmost 2 cities on the map. This means that you can never play two modes of the same color in a row. The exception to this rule is the West Coast cities - you can reach any of the three cities on the coast.
The currently flashing mode changes when you hit a bumper or standup of the same color as a city that you can reach at that time. So for example, at the beginning of the game, New York is the flashing mode, but hitting an orange bumper or standup changes the mode to Miami; and hitting a while bumper or standup changes it back to New York.

I know all of that. Just wondering if there is something special I need to do to get to San Fran! I've literally never seen that mode.

#1231 6 years ago

Is there a setting that will release any balls locked in the bunker between games or at game end?
I would rather it doesn't carry over to another game and can't find any setting in the manual

#1232 6 years ago

Road Show Target Decals coming soon. Please write a post in the thread if you are interested. It will help me gauge the amount I need to make. Just a bump. If you have opinions in regards to the targets, you can leave them in that thread. Targets are getting sized right now and hopefully will be maile dout before xmas. Set will retail for $20.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-target-decals-tester-needed

sample-road-show (resized).pngsample-road-show (resized).png

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I know all of that. Just wondering if there is something special I need to do to get to San Fran! I've literally never seen that mode.

Another hint: don't go to Salt Lake city (yellow) before final city (San Francisco: yellow). You can never play two modes in the same color in a row.

#1234 6 years ago

I´m working now in a custom cads and other stuff for Road Show Pinball. Here a example:

Road Show Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgRoad Show Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpg

Here my thread (page 3):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/3

I will print all threse in a short time in a very special way. Stay tunned!

Regards

#1235 6 years ago

Today only draw for a free decal set. Just need to answer some prize questions to be entered in the draw.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-days-of-xmas-decals-giveaway-starts-now

sample-road-show (resized).pngsample-road-show (resized).png

#1236 6 years ago

I've just swapped the left eddy sensor in front of the bulldozer for a pinbits one (which is bigger btw) but now all the game sound is gone. What have I done here? Has this happened to anyone else?

#1237 6 years ago

I'm having an issue with both Jaws in my game. Ted's jaw always goes up never comes down even during multi-ball. Red's jaw will eventually go down and stay there. Neither of them work during the speech portion of the game. Any advice.?

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I've just swapped the left eddy sensor in front of the bulldozer for a pinbits one (which is bigger btw) but now all the game sound is gone. What have I done here? Has this happened to anyone else?

I doubt its related, did you check all the ribbon cables and reseat them?

Quoted from 2manypins:

I'm having an issue with both Jaws in my game. Ted's jaw always goes up never comes down even during multi-ball. Red's jaw will eventually go down and stay there. Neither of them work during the speech portion of the game. Any advice.?

Run a test on both of them, and flip the playfield up, see if you can see the jaw motor spinning. if they are, then its likely worn sector gears.

If the motors don't move check all the connections of the motor board. First thing I would try is to re-flow all the solder on the connectors and transistors. There are a couple of large resistors on that board that like to crack as well. The motors are also prone to getting a dead spot and needing replacement.

This thread has some good info.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-rs-dual-h-drive-motor-controller

#1239 6 years ago

I doubt its related, did you check all the ribbon cables and reseat them?

Seems to have fixed that problem thanks.

Now the shaker motor sets off the days of the week so I reach Friday by hitting the blast zone once. Is there any way of limiting how much the shaker shakes? I've just added a new bulldozer sensor but there are 2 there

#1240 6 years ago

Will check tonight thanks.

#1241 6 years ago

Checked the Jaws in test. Ted's will not go down. If I pull it down it will automatically go straight back up. Red's will slowly go down but will not come back up. Check ribbon cables in the head will Reflow solder on the board tomorrow.

#1242 6 years ago

Just an FYI for other RoadShow owners, I highly recommend adding a PinSound board and swapping out most of the music.

My RS is now hard rockin' with a blues based focus...

- Kenny Wayne Shepherd
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- ZZ Top
- Alice Cooper
- Motley Crue

It really changes the feel of the game (much more fun for me), and it doesn't feel "linear" anymore.
IMO the mostly "same" default music throughout the game makes you feel like you're doing the same thing.
Also, the stock music is done excellently, but it's not all that exciting.

#1243 6 years ago

Does anyone have different pinsound files for Roadshow. I downloaded the one from pinsound website and you can not hear any callouts. My son will not play it anymore because of the music. Thanks

#1244 6 years ago

I would only install a PinSound board into my Roadshow if there would be an Endprodukt-like reorchestered original theme available...

#1245 6 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I would only install a PinSound board into my Roadshow if there would be an Endprodukt-like reorchestered original theme available...

Effect, callouts in RS are OK. You can change the atmosphere of the game with new songs, this is an easy process.

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Just an FYI for other RoadShow owners, I highly recommend adding a PinSound board and swapping out most of the music.
My RS is now hard rockin' with a blues based focus...
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- ZZ Top
- Alice Cooper
- Motley Crue
It really changes the feel of the game (much more fun for me), and it doesn't feel "linear" anymore.
IMO the mostly "same" default music throughout the game makes you feel like you're doing the same thing.
Also, the stock music is done excellently, but it's not all that exciting.

Would love to see a vid if possible!

1 week later
#1247 6 years ago

What size flipper rubber does the small flipper take? Ordering flipper rubber today, and I'm unsure of the small flipper size. At work so I don't know. 1 or 2" ?

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

What size flipper rubber does the small flipper take? Ordering flipper rubber today, and I'm unsure of the small flipper size. At work so I don't know. 1 or 2" ?

That ring is usually referred too as a "small" or "mini" flipper ring, but it's 1" ID.
The Williams part number is 23-6553 or 23-6682, if that helps.

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

That ring is usually referred too as a "small" or "mini" flipper ring. I'm not 100% sure of the diameter, but I believe its 1".
The Williams part number is 23-6553-4 (the "-4" denotes the color, red), if that helps.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6553-4

#1250 6 years ago

So the PerfectPlay 1" mini rubber from PBL should work correct? I'm terrible at pasting links otherwise I'd add the link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.