(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,081 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8019258_0 (resized).png

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 82.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from St0n3PiraT3:

Any info on mod-ing the radio? I have just purchased one and would like something other than the plain red radio....
Thanks!

Just earlier in this post...

http://i.imgur.com/tWiLbpu.gif

I put a comet led strip inside the radio, when active the whole thing lights up...looks terrific.

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Best I can do...

Awesome, wanna make another?

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Awesome, wanna make another?

Are you handy, and can you get your hands on a bit of polycarbonate? If so, I can tell you how to make one very easily in about 20 mins.

#1004 6 years ago

Not overly handy no
I'll dig through my spare plastics and see what I come up with

2 weeks later
#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Are you taking while the ball is travelling on the ramp itself?
Mine doesn't have anything there, but I have had it pop out of the ramp once and bang off the sign.
Looking at the matrix, the upper skill and red's mouth are both on the Red/Green switch line along with slam tilt and the outlanes and buy-in button.

I'm still having this issue - might be a dumb question but I don't understand the switch chart at all - where am I looking to repair the non working row? What do I need to do?
Thanks in advance

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I don't understand the switch chart at all

I promise that i'm not trying to be rude, but if that's true, you'll want to call in a tech. Screwing around with electronics that you don't understand, only leads to a longer and growing list of problems and expenses.

#1007 6 years ago

My father in law is looking for a road show. He's in NE Ohio, drop me a PM if you're near and have one to sell.

1 week later
#1008 6 years ago

Apologies for the cross-post, but I thought I'd try to get this issue in front of folks who know RS intimately... The short version is, Ted's dozer blade doesn't raise when he goes to sleep, but does work in all the tests, and *does* go up and down if multiball is started by manually inserting a ball in his mouth.

Long version is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-dozer-blade-issue-1

Anyone have any insight into this? My stint out here in Las Vegas is ending soon, and I hate to leave the game less than 100% functional.

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from meeotch:

Apologies for the cross-post, but I thought I'd try to get this issue in front of folks who know RS intimately... The short version is, Ted's dozer blade doesn't raise when he goes to sleep, but does work in all the tests, and *does* go up and down if multiball is started by manually inserting a ball in his mouth.
Long version is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-dozer-blade-issue-1
Anyone have any insight into this? My stint out here in Las Vegas is ending soon, and I hate to leave the game less than 100% functional.

This is hard to spitball without putting eyes on it, but my thought process tells me to look at a mechanical issue that may be physically preventing the blade from moving when Ted's mouth is in the open position. I'm also thinking that because the blade works in other scenario's, this may be a logic glitch... If the Ted head test properly reports both positions of Ted's mouth, I would do a RAM clear. As a side note, the eddy sensor has no relevance to your issue.

#1010 6 years ago

Finally found time to get my Road Show back from Dr. Dan. Tonight was the night, it was set-up. I've played two games so far...it IS AWESOME!

The cab is nowhere near perfect and all the art is faded. Some of the trim is dinged, legs aren't great...but the Doc didn't touch those things.

The playfield is very nice with the only problems being some minor Mylar bubbling/peeling. He did what he could there with a hair dryer.

No telling what I missed, but here's what the good doctor did:
1. Cleaned
2. Waxed
3. Flipper rebuild
4. New rubbers all the way
5. Target stickers
6. Flipper stickers
7. Backboard sticker
8. Dynamite/Barrels/Key Start
9. Installed die cast from my collection
10. Mirror blades
11. Custom Cards
12. Full LED
13. New Jet Bumpers (or Just new caps?)
14. Light in radio.
15. 4 Spotlights
16. Lightstrip above backboard
17. Lightstrip inside drain
18. Interactive construction light topper he built, light flashes when bulldozer moves +10 seconds. I supplied diecast.
19. Repaired both heads
20. New balls...for shizzle.

21. The only thing left is to have my artist Mom paint the radio.

Some of the ideas came from this board....thanks!

I think this machine is way better than #39, but I may be biased. This is undoubtedly the best machine I can think of for a politically incorrect guy who's been digging ditches for more than 28 years.

Gone flippin',
Ditch Digger

IMG_2295 (resized).JPGIMG_2295 (resized).JPG

IMG_2296 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPG

IMG_2297 (resized).JPGIMG_2297 (resized).JPG

IMG_2301 (resized).JPGIMG_2301 (resized).JPG

IMG_2302 (resized).JPGIMG_2302 (resized).JPG

IMG_2303 (resized).JPGIMG_2303 (resized).JPG

IMG_2304 (resized).JPGIMG_2304 (resized).JPG

#1011 6 years ago

Nice! I like the blue around the map... I just have white LED's there, but have been thinking about changing it to something else. Blue looks pretty good.

#1012 6 years ago

Yeah, I like that map too. Are those the Ice Blue ones I see available now? When I first got mine I tried standard blue, white, orange and found them all too bright or didn't look right. Went with an alternating orange/white.

Quoted from meeotch:

These random weird Dozer issues come up now and then, and I have yet to see anyone come up with a definitive answer for them. Mine has a few times acted a little odd, when multi starts, it seems to occasionally stall about halfway until you hit it a couple of times, then it starts working again.

I have seen some people suspect the eddy sensors triggering it, like the game isn't moving the blade due to false readings from the eddy board, but most of the time this topic comes up, it seems to fix itself after people jiggle the connectors a little and reflow solder on the motor board.

#1013 6 years ago

I'm not sure about which colors were used...I gave Dr. Dan some die cast and told him he had carte blanche.

#1014 6 years ago

A kinda cool aspect of the topper...it can be switched-up a little.

You may think it's weird that I've been digging ditches for more than 28 years, yet I'm only 12 years old. Woohoo!

IMG_2305 (resized).JPGIMG_2305 (resized).JPG

#1015 6 years ago

Hi,
So excited to be part of the RS club starting today. A fully restored real beauty, with NOS playfield, new Red face, new Ted face, new UV printed decals, new lampcards, and with many-many new or refreshed parts.
The longest part of restoration was a reproduction phase of faces from first design/protos until the latest layer of paint.

Do you guys have a high-quality (not original) Pinsound package for RS?

Thanks,

DSC_1528 (resized).JPGDSC_1528 (resized).JPG
DSC_1550 (resized).JPGDSC_1550 (resized).JPG
DSC_1540 (resized).JPGDSC_1540 (resized).JPG
DSC_1556 (resized).JPGDSC_1556 (resized).JPG
DSC_1530.JPGDSC_1530.JPG
DSC_1526.JPGDSC_1526.JPG

#1016 6 years ago

TheOnlyest - thanks for the suggestions. And if you want to put eyes on the game, come on down - I'm at the PHoF on Tropicana!

In fact, everything has been set back to factory defaults, as the game had no batteries in it. No physical blockage that I can see. And in fact, the blade does work correctly in instances other than the multiball animations. (See my latest post to the original thread for more detail: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-dozer-blade-issue-1)

#1017 6 years ago

Also - could someone confirm the correct behavior of the Dozer Test? Is the blade supposed to stop at the top and the bottom, or just run continuously up and down, with the optos triggering for a brief moment at the top & bottom positions?

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from meeotch:

theonlyest - thanks for the suggestions. And if you want to put eyes on the game, come on down - I'm at the PHoF on Tropicana!

Sorry, no can do. But good luck getting it figured out.

#1019 6 years ago

I believe I've nailed it. The fix was to replace the optos, even though they claimed to be working normally. See the other thread for details.

TheOnlyest - now that it's all working, it's safe to come see it.

(It really is one of the cleanest Road Show I've seen in a public place... Now that I'm done with it. Now to try the same fix on our malfunctioning-despite-all-the-parts-working Theatre of Magic trunk.)

#1020 6 years ago

Probably optos there too

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from KnoxPins:

My father in law is looking for a road show. He's in NE Ohio, drop me a PM if you're near and have one to sell.

I got one that's prob nice as they come, but does need shopped out and eyes are starting to make clicking noises I noticed lately. still work fine but will prob need rebuilt. no fade, no fishwear!

#1022 6 years ago

if anyone wants hazard plunger plates (lhs and rhs downwards stripes) and flipper topper decals, check out this thread. The photo just shows that the plates fit bally/wms & stern games

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plunger-plates-flipper-topper-decals-gb-bar-decals

P1150871 (resized).JPGP1150871 (resized).JPG
P1150874 (resized).JPGP1150874 (resized).JPG

#1023 6 years ago

After restoration, we have 1 set of Red and Ted face as spare. Stronger than original, vivid colors. PM me if you would like to get them. In case of more demand, we are able to create a small batch.

DSC_1573 (resized).JPGDSC_1573 (resized).JPG

DSC_1582 (resized).JPGDSC_1582 (resized).JPG

DSC_1581 (resized).JPGDSC_1581 (resized).JPG

DSC_1554 (resized).JPGDSC_1554 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1024 6 years ago

Hello there! I'm new in the roadshow club! My machine is giving me some problem with multiball:

When you lock the 2nd ball away, rather than putting another (3rd) ball into the shooter lane to get into Ted's mouth, it releases BOTH locked balls - then when you start multiball - it only has two balls.

Has someone else experienced the same issue? How did you solved it? Thanks!

#1025 6 years ago

Do you have enough balls in the game?

#1026 6 years ago

Can anyone supply a rubber ring chart for Road Show? Thanks

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Can anyone supply a rubber ring chart for Road Show? Thanks

http://flippers.com/rings/roadshow.htm

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello there! I'm new in the roadshow club! My machine is giving me some problem with multiball:
When you lock the 2nd ball away, rather than putting another (3rd) ball into the shooter lane to get into Ted's mouth, it releases BOTH locked balls - then when you start multiball - it only has two balls.
Has someone else experienced the same issue? How did you solved it? Thanks!

Check in the switch test that the lock trough is registering 2 balls when there indeed, 2 balls in there.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

After restoration, we have 1 set of Red and Ted face as spare. Stronger than original, vivid colors. PM me if you would like to get them. In case of more demand, we are able to create a small batch.

Red & Ted faces are on the way to USA, sold, thanks for interest. We've only 4 pairs available, and we won't create more, this is too time consuming.

#1030 6 years ago

If anyone is thinking of leaving the club im looking for a nice condition RS withing 5 hours of richmond Virginia

#1031 6 years ago

My restored game
All New decals
The hole cabinett painted black
And lots of other new stuffs.
Its restored to be just like original.
Only blue legs missing
And New bulldozer pads.
Playfield very nice condition nearly 100% perfect.

IMG_20170823_195109 (resized).jpgIMG_20170823_195109 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_195141 (resized).jpgIMG_20170823_195141 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_195225 (resized).jpgIMG_20170823_195225 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_195259 (resized).jpgIMG_20170823_195259 (resized).jpg

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

My restored game
All New decals
The hole cabinett painted black
And lots of other new stuffs.
Its restored to be just like original.
Only blue legs missing
And New bulldozer pads.
Playfield very nice condition nearly 100% perfect.

Red and Ted must have been in a hurry when they grabbed the wrong hats.

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Red and Ted must have been in a hurry when they grabbed the wrong hats.

Haha i know
I was waiting for someone to notice that.

#1034 6 years ago

Looking to buy outright or trade for a nice RS in CA.
Pm if you are considering leaving the club. Thanks!

#1035 6 years ago

Some guy in the sfbay Craigslist has had one up for far too long. Send him a reasonable offer!

#1036 6 years ago

Anyone know where I might be able to get one of those construction toppers?
Looking to buy one

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Anyone know where I might be able to get one of those construction toppers?
Looking to buy one

They were made by pinballtoppers.com, which unfortunately is gone.
http://pinballtoppers.com/

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

They were made by pinballtoppers.com, which unfortunately is gone.
http://pinballtoppers.com/

Dang well if anyone who has one is willing to sell. I'll pay a bit more than extra for one.

Also got another question how hard is it to install mirror blades in road show?

#1039 6 years ago

Just joined the club. Can't wait to get going. First thing was pulling the batteries. And of course, it was just on time, they had just started to leak.

20170830_233757 (resized).jpg20170830_233757 (resized).jpg

20170830_234140 (resized).jpg20170830_234140 (resized).jpg

#1040 6 years ago

Turned on my roadshow and Reds eyes won't open. I can see the eyeball movement.

Is there a site or instructions somewhere to diagnose and repair head issues!

Thanks Martin

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Turned on my roadshow and Reds eyes won't open. I can see the eyeball movement.
Is there a site or instructions somewhere to diagnose and repair head issues!
Thanks Martin

see posts 927 for a video and 931.
that entire page has alot of info.
you can go to the diagnostic menu and test the coil for eyelids but if its not working its probably the actuator. these have a tendency to break. red is very easy to get to and repair. look at my post on 931 and you will see the parts i used to rebuild mine. you can take the helmet and the back of the head and the front face off red with a few screws and look at the operation of the mechs, very easy to get to.

IMG_0939 (resized).JPGIMG_0939 (resized).JPG

IMG_0941 (resized).JPGIMG_0941 (resized).JPG

#1042 6 years ago

Hey there guys im planning on doing replacing all the lights on my soon to be here road show. I know the game uses 555-wedge base. I heard that its tight under the map and some dont fit. Anyone have any recommedations and whats the difference between dome, concave, etc lights and what will fit. I was thinking of getting these Ablaze 4-SMD-LED. but im not sure of the difference between these and the 8-smd

#1043 6 years ago

Anything without a lens should work, some of the squared off lenses will work, but I just went without one entirely.

But not ALL of the map lights are wedge, a few aren't mounted to the PCB and are on standalone sockets with bayonet fittings.

1 week later
#1044 6 years ago

I just got my Road show and it seems like a wire or so got jostled. I have 3 switches that are closed. Number 47- Hit Ted, Number 48-Hit dozer, and 62 right sling. I've never had a switch issue and i have absolutely no idea where to start looking or what to do about it.Not even sure if the problem can be found in the backbox or under the playfield. If anyone could help i would be extremely appreciative

IMG_1566 (resized).JPGIMG_1566 (resized).JPG

IMG_1567 (resized).JPGIMG_1567 (resized).JPG

IMG_1568 (resized).JPGIMG_1568 (resized).JPG

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I just got my Road show and it seems like a wire or so got jostled. I have 3 switches that are closed. Number 47- Hit Ted, Number 48-Hit dozer, and 62 right sling. I've never had a switch issue and i have absolutely no idea where to start looking or what to do about it.Not even sure if the problem can be found in the backbox or under the playfield. If anyone could help i would be extremely appreciative

The 1st 2 are the eddy sensor, the sling switch probably just needs a bit of bending to open the gap. If you dont know how to adjust the eddy sensor, just google it.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Some guy in the sfbay Craigslist has had one up for far too long. Send him a reasonable offer!

Sign me up!
Found a RS through a great local pinsider who was kind enough to part with his over the wknd!!

Also a big thanks out to Kingsley73 for the LED tips as well!!!!

Great game, even better people in this hobby!

#1047 6 years ago

I'm looking for a Road Show right now!

It's the first machine where I had some decent one on one time. Really got to know the game, and in turn hooked me on pinball. The cheapness of the game makes it more attractive too! Can't wait!!

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Dang well if anyone who has one is willing to sell. I'll pay a bit more than extra for one.
Also got another question how hard is it to install mirror blades in road show?

You can check out my thread on how to make your own here:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/red-teds-roadshow-interactive-dual-beacon-topper.4002/

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The 1st 2 are the eddy sensor, the sling switch probably just needs a bit of bending to open the gap. If you dont know how to adjust the eddy sensor, just google it.

Yeah it was the eddy sensor.

I do have one other issue. The game makes a very low error noise periodically throughout the game. Particularly when you hit the heads. Do you have any idea what might be causing that or if thats normal when the heads move or during gameplay. Also my extra ball button sometimes needs to pressed more than once to get the next ball

#1050 6 years ago

Have my road show for about two weeks. Loving it. But, Red's jaw seems to be getting stuck in the open position. I checked the mechanism under the playfield and the gears seem to be fine. Motor as well. It seems like it gets stuck somehow in the open position and the motor does not have enough power to get over the resistance. I can manually push it over it by rotating the main gear wheel. It almost kicks over it. After that it will work fine again for a dozen games before it gets stuck again. Seems to be overturning on opening the jar. Could not find any adjustment screw or similar. Any body any idea?
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/21?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.