(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 82.
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

The brass eyelets looked good. I would guess it's the bar/spring assembly at the rear as from what I could tell that's what centers it. Once i cleaned it all up it worked out, but now it's not working again, I would imagine if i took Red out again, it would be dirty again or something.

It does center it, but the pressure is on those eyelets. Thenmetal could be fatigued. The torsion bar is easy to check. Remove a screw on one side that holds it in, and roll it. If it doesn't roll smooth, replace. local hobby store should have something similar for a buck or so, same for the eyelets

#952 6 years ago

there is a liner that goes in the crank arm too, those can wear out. What I did on my lazy eyed ted was add a second liner and that gave it the tension it needed to keep his eyes centered. That spring bar needs to be pretty tight for things to work the way they should.

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

there is a liner that goes in the crank arm too, those can wear out. What I did on my lazy eyed ted was add a second liner and that gave it the tension it needed to keep his eyes centered. That spring bar needs to be pretty tight for things to work the way they should.

That seems to be a random thing, too. Ted had it it mine, Red didn't.

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It does center it, but the pressure is on those eyelets. Thenmetal could be fatigued. The torsion bar is easy to check. Remove a screw on one side that holds it in, and roll it. If it doesn't roll smooth, replace. local hobby store should have something similar for a buck or so, same for the eyelets

The bar was straight, when it's in place it's tensioned though. The little springs on the arm seem to be what causes it to slide back to center. I'm guessing those are bent or have lost some agusto and just don't have enough "spring" to move things back to center.

Maybe i'll order a new arm and try that, everything looked ok, but you never know and relatively easy part to replace.

#955 6 years ago

Make sure neither of the coil retainers are crooked. Sometimes they get cocked when you tighten the screws and will pinch the plunger in the coil sleeve. You can usually tell if this is happening in Red test mode, when the eyes should be moving, you can hear a hum from the coil, but no movement. Those springs are very light and will only return the plunger to center if the plunger in fact moves absolutely freely.

#956 6 years ago

Sorry this may be a dumb question and I'm too lazy to read 20 pages of posts but is there a way to turn off or turn down the shaker?

#957 6 years ago

There is "soft shaker" or "low power shaker" in the adjustment settings.

#958 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

There is "soft shaker" or "low power shaker" in the adjustment settings.

Actually my friend's machine. Is that across all ROMs? Not sure which version he has.

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Actually my friend's machine. Is that across all ROMs? Not sure which version he has.

Only the latest L6

1 week later
#960 6 years ago

Well I've had both LCD and LED ColorDMD's in the game and LCD is the way to go for me.

I'll grab some video of LCD and try to post both.

LED up in marketplace is someone wants one preloaded for RS.

#961 6 years ago

Question on others on the U turn shot.

Doesn't seem like mine feeds cleanly anymore to the mini flipper. I seem to remember it being a bit smoother of a transition, now I shoot it in there and it clunks a bit into the pad than slowly drops over to the flipper.

Am I nit picking now that I have everything else tuned in and working right? All the guides are clean and in the right position, the area freshly waxed and I have new balls. I am wondering if replacing the bumper pad would do anything?

#962 6 years ago

Question on others on the U turn shot.
Doesn't seem like mine feeds cleanly anymore to the mini flipper. I seem to remember it being a bit smoother of a transition, now I shoot it in there and it clunks a bit into the pad than slowly drops over to the flipper.
Am I nit picking now that I have everything else tuned in and working right? All the guides are clean and in the right position, the area freshly waxed and I have new balls. I am wondering if replacing the bumper pad would do anything?

I believe it's designed to slow it down if it comes from the full subway shot, you tend to hit that a lot from the smaller u-turn shot as well.

#963 6 years ago

Anyone have a fix or solution for the ball getting stuck just under/behind the small flipper?

I've found the best way to get it out is to actually use the little flipper, that gives you somewhat of a chance to pop it out. Shaking it out has never done ANYTHING but drain for me.

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Anyone have a fix or solution for the ball getting stuck just under/behind the small flipper?
I've found the best way to get it out is to actually use the little flipper, that gives you somewhat of a chance to pop it out. Shaking it out has never done ANYTHING but drain for me.

That's what's designed to happen. Once in a while, I could get away with a violent shake and not tilt, but not often.

#965 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Make sure you have the right rubbers there, I have seen a ton of games that have the wrong rubber setup on those posts which will cause the ball to get stuck there. Have a look at your manual.

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Make sure you have the right rubbers there, I have seen a ton of games that have the wrong rubber setup on those posts which will cause the ball to get stuck there. Have a look at your manual.

That could be, all the kits have single rings, as opposed to a larger rubber spanning the posts. Guess I should look at the manual.

#967 6 years ago

I have also noticed that if the mini flipper is positioned wrong, the ball will get stuck a lot easier. I believe there should be a tiny gap behind the flipper when at rest. The right edge of the flipper should have a nice smooth transition and be lined up with the guides. Just having this 1/32" adjustment for me seemed to allow the ball to pop out.

Quoted from chrisnack:

I believe it's designed to slow it down if it comes from the full subway shot, you tend to hit that a lot from the smaller u-turn shot as well.

Yeah, I just seemed to remember the whole motion being a bit smoother than it seems to be, again, it might just be me nitpicking since I have all the other various issues sorted.

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

That could be, all the kits have single rings, as opposed to a larger rubber spanning the posts. Guess I should look at the manual.

I replaced the single rubbers around each post with a rubber to span the posts - problem solved.

#969 6 years ago

Ted developed a new ability last night...Super left look.
IMG_20170612_221953587 (resized).jpgIMG_20170612_221953587 (resized).jpg

Actually, what was happening was the crank arm was slowly breaking. Now get to yank him out AGAIN.

Meanwhile I got around to permnamently soldering the comet strip I put inside the radio, while attempting to take a picture of it while lit, google photos automatically turned the missed attempts and the successful one into an animated gif.

(EDIT: pinside keeps switching it to a static image, using outside link)

http://i.imgur.com/tWiLbpu.gif

#970 6 years ago

Awesome Look from Red!

Love the idea of lighting the Radio....!!

Ill add that to my list!

#971 6 years ago

Ted developed a new ability last night...Super left look.

Does he have a chubby too??

#972 6 years ago

Hi, does anyone have a full high resolution scan for the Roadshow playfield? I think I had a link once but it no longer works.

My e-mail is [email protected]

thank you

FX

#973 6 years ago

Am I seeing this right?

It seems there are more Roadshows for sale now over 3K, then under....?

#974 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Am I seeing this right?

The one for $2750 hasn't sold, it doesn't seem likely the $3500+ ones will sell.

#975 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Am I seeing this right?

I paid $3400 for mine, but it's extremely clean.. PF is near perfect and the cabinet only had a few tiny marks...

#976 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The one for $2750 hasn't sold, it doesn't seem likely the $3500+ ones will sell.

I couldnt find this, can you share?

I have a friend looking...............

Quoted from chrisnack:

I paid $3400 for mine, but it's extremely clean.. PF is near perfect and the cabinet only had a few tiny marks...

I think you did well! An amazing game, for so little!

#977 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I couldnt find this, can you share?
I have a friend looking...............

I think you did well! An amazing game, for so little!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-tradesale-road-show

#978 6 years ago

I regularly have balls getting stuck up around the top of the left ramp above Bobs Bunker. Is there supposed to be a plastic on top of the yellow left ramp?
If so, what does it look like?

#979 6 years ago

Thanks! Ill pass it on!

It doesnt show because of a search, and there is a hyphen between "road-show"

On this, I agree....It just seems, and it could be me, some new found interest in Road show.

Ive had more people ask if mine was for sale, then in the past....

Nonetheless, it is just too much fun, I never get tired of playing it!!

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Am I seeing this right?

It's hard to sell Roadshow because the only person who will buy a roadshow is someone who wants a roadshow. Plus no one wants to buy one with the heads busted. A bunch of sellers are trying to sell RS as is and thats not flying much anymore. I plan to get one after i get either a tz or indy

#981 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

It's hard to sell Roadshow because the only person who will buy a roadshow is someone who wants a roadshow. Plus no one wants to buy one with the heads busted. A bunch of sellers are trying to sell RS as is and thats not flying much anymore. I plan to get one after i get either a tz or indy

I guess thats one thought.

LSOG sold one in 2 days listed at $3600.

I do Agree no one wants to work on the heads, or get fish wear.

Im not sure if its hard to sell, and perhaps it is why its been low in price...they have been low because of demand.

It just seems with a full featured game in a Premium Costing around $6k, Ive seen some recent games, like JD that were always around $2300-$2700, have taken a recent bump.

Doesnt mean one cant find some selling/sold around $2500...of course this happens.

Just part of a recent discussion...

#982 6 years ago

Anyone have a cheap fully functioning DMD for Roadshow available?
I know a lot of you guys are going color, so if you are willing to part out with your old DMD let me know.

If possible no missing lines and no fading

Thanks
FX

#983 6 years ago
Quoted from Assphalt:

Anyone have a cheap fully functioning DMD for Roadshow available?
I know a lot of you guys are going color, so if you are willing to part out with your old DMD let me know.
If possible no missing lines and no fading
Thanks
FX

Define cheap? I have a 100% working one i am not using as i went color... not sure i want to "give" it away though...

#984 6 years ago

My machine has stopped registering the skill shot and red's mouth. Are they connected?
Also still need help with my previous question regarding the plastic on the left ramp near bobs bunker

#985 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I regularly have balls getting stuck up around the top of the left ramp above Bobs Bunker. Is there supposed to be a plastic on top of the yellow left ramp?
If so, what does it look like?

Are you taking while the ball is travelling on the ramp itself?

Mine doesn't have anything there, but I have had it pop out of the ramp once and bang off the sign.

Looking at the matrix, the upper skill and red's mouth are both on the Red/Green switch line along with slam tilt and the outlanes and buy-in button.

rsswitch (resized).pngrsswitch (resized).png

#986 6 years ago

Do you have an error message yet? Also, look for loose wires because sometimes they are knocked loose by the shaker motor

#987 6 years ago

No error message but I did recently have the coin door painted. Might check my connection there?

#988 6 years ago

I would suggest doing a switch test on all of your switches. Hopefully, just the two you mentioned are not working. If there are any loose wires, they are most likely right at the switch

#989 6 years ago

An unexpensive mod for those ugly switches... Orange switch covers and white pinstripes... makes it look a little like road barrels !

IMG_6715 (resized).JPGIMG_6715 (resized).JPG

#990 6 years ago

Hell at this point why not 3D print some actual barrels that will fit over them? Not saying you have to do it but somebody should be able to.

#991 6 years ago

lowered the price of mine to $2600 if anyone is interested

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Hell at this point why not 3D print some actual barrels that will fit over them? Not saying you have to do it but somebody should be able to.

Anything that would not look proportionately stupid would be too tall and you'd have to play with the glass off.

#993 6 years ago

Yo do have a point. After look at mine there is not enough space to make round ones that would be small enough to fit. oh well it was an ideal. Hell now that I look at that it would look good as is... maybe figure a way to put a micro LED on it.

#994 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I had the same problem, the ball would jump out of the ramp and stick between the switch and side of the cabinet. The game wasn't designed with a ramp cover, but it should have been... So I made one, end of problem.

#995 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I had the same problem, the ball would jump out of the ramp and stick between the switch and side of the cabinet. The game wasn't designed with a ramp cover, but it should have been... So I made one, end of problem.

Exactly the place mine wedges. Could you possibly put a pic up of the one you made?

#996 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Exactly the place mine wedges. Could you possibly put a pic up of the one you made?

Best I can do...

Ramp Cover1.JPGRamp Cover1.JPG

Ramp Cover3.JPGRamp Cover3.JPG

Ramp Cover2.JPGRamp Cover2.JPG

#997 6 years ago

Any info on mod-ing the radio? I have just purchased one and would like something other than the plain red radio....

Thanks!

#998 6 years ago

There are some nice custom painted ones earlier in this thread I believe. I don't remember anyone ever making a lighted radio mod. If they did, I would likely buy one.

#999 6 years ago

One can mod their Radio with Comet Strips or other.

Lots of different paint jobs...maybe scan the pic gsllery.

#1000 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Anything that would not look proportionately stupid would be too tall and you'd have to play with the glass off.

Not if you started the base of the barrel at the bottom of the habitrail, basically adding to the bottom of the mod that was pictured above and making it look more like a real barrel. You could probably make the inside of the barrel in such a way that it just slides over the switch and the habitrail end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.