(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 82.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Gents, during the Kansas and Nashville start city modes, I get two balls that pop out. There should only be one because when one of the two drains the game starts to wrap up the end of ball bonus until the other remaining ball in play triggers something...then it keeps on playing. I know this is not normal. Has this happened to anyone before?
I am running software LX2, but have L6 in the mail. I am hoping that cleans it up?? Any other reasons why it could be doing this?
Thanks!
Rob

I think you should wait for the L-6 rom and report back

#52 10 years ago

This was my first game... and I sold it. I'm actively trying to get it back. I always loved this picture as I was clearing giving RS more attention than TZ.

375566_304965989526712_1452570236_n.jpg375566_304965989526712_1452570236_n.jpg

#53 10 years ago

Starting my LED conversion tonight, it's gonna be "EPIC!"

#54 10 years ago

Played some RS tonight. Crappy scores but I suck.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-63.jpgimage-63.jpg

#55 10 years ago

Finishing my Led conversion with pinball bulbs , pics coming

#56 10 years ago

This game looks awesome with LEDs! Enjoy!

#57 10 years ago

Pics tomorrow, wow factor! Just put pinball bulbs kit in, apron and back strips are awesome and led color scheme is great. Thrilled with it...

#58 10 years ago

Second pin I ever picked up and that was five and a half years ago. It'll be the last to go too! I painted my radio, but I can't find a photo on my computer right now. I'll take another tomorrow if I think of it.

As an aside, the musician Tricky made a music video last year out of photos that were submitted to him. I sent him a photo of my Road Show radio! It's on the screen for only half a second, but its in there... haha...

#59 10 years ago

Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 9.55.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-03-17 at 9.55.04 PM.png Duh, this is a screen shot of the radio in the Tricky video.

#60 10 years ago

Threw some 44 flex leds into the ramp signs and point them back toward it.
Sign-LEDs.jpgSign-LEDs.jpg
RS-LED-95.jpgRS-LED-95.jpg

#61 10 years ago

Fun little Ted mod.

2014-03-20 09.55.35.jpg2014-03-20 09.55.35.jpg

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Fun little Ted mod.

Ted looks like he belongs in a 1970's adult film. (Who's gonna pay for this bulldozer?)

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Ted looks like he belongs in a 1970's adult film. (Who's gonna pay for this bulldozer?)

Hahaha, Red and Ted got a completely different relationship now.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

Just did a restoration on my roadshow follow link handpainted eyes and faces, it got alot of admiration at the Ohio show and also won best of show. I love this game and now I have so much money in it that it will never go anywhere.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-pinball-full-restoration-for-ohio-show-in-30-days/page/3

DSCN1846.JPG 174 KB
DSCN1848.JPG 126 KB

DSCN1838.JPG 152 KB

Man, you did a nice job there, but gotta admit they look creepier than usual. Look like they aged along with the pin! (which is kind of cool but adds to the creepy feeling)

#65 10 years ago

Itza me Mario, Ima in u Road Show!

#66 10 years ago

Heres my RS.. I really miss it. My first attempt at a restore..

IMG_1922.JPGIMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1913.JPGIMG_1913.JPG
IMG_1914.JPGIMG_1914.JPG

Here is my original fish wear.. i penciled in how it should look
IMG_0193.JPGIMG_0193.JPG
Here is my hand painted correction
IMG_1924.JPGIMG_1924.JPG
IMG_0195.JPGIMG_0195.JPG

#67 10 years ago

When i put the game together.. I swapped the connectors to the motors by mistake.. made for some interesting gameplay!!

#68 10 years ago

I have a RoadShow that is in nearly perfect condition. It was a filthy wreck when I acquired it about a year ago. The previous owner had taped the head down with duct tape. I literally sat for hours on a stool rubbing goo-gone on the dried-up glue residue. Probably have about 100 total hours into the restoration. But, more to the point, I love the game, love the music and banter. I'll post some pics in a bit.

#69 10 years ago

Does anyone have an LED map they can share of what bulbs/colors they placed on the playfield and backbox?

#70 10 years ago

Everyone seems to have a different idea on what the RS radio should look like. Here is my take:

2013-04-11_21-07-30_261.jpg2013-04-11_21-07-30_261.jpg

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Does anyone have an LED map they can share of what bulbs/colors they placed on the playfield and backbox?

This might help:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-gi-map

#72 10 years ago

we need more RS love over in this poll...

http://www.pinballplayerpro.com/?page_id=85

#73 10 years ago

Done my duty!

#74 10 years ago

Any one know where I can get one of these plastics, or has one for sale?

detail.jpgdetail.jpg

#75 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Quoted from nsmith:

just be aware that one that is in great condition IE little to no fade on cabinet, no wear on play field (very common for there to be wear next to the fish)and has been well maintained can go for higher then 2500. Average is usually between 2500 to 3000. However as iceman44 said you can find them as low as 2000 to 2200. under 2000 it has probably been beat to hell.

Picked mine up for $2250. Needed Jaw motor for Ted, jaw gear for Ted and jaw gear for Red. Pop bumper cap cracked as well. Lots of cleaning needed too. I put in some led's in several spots to brighten up. Have $250 in parts, so I am back up to $2500 total.

Personally haven't seen very many cleaned up machines for less than $2750.

Post edited by alexanr1: Added pic

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

When i put the game together.. I swapped the connectors to the motors by mistake.. made for some interesting gameplay!!
» YouTube video

You can't accidentally plug them in wrong, they are keyed to prevent this. You had to do it intentionally.

#77 10 years ago

Upper right diverter problem.

A couple of days ago I got a error message about the upper right diverter, I tested it the menu (solenoid works as it should) and played a couple of games and the error disappeared. But I'm not really sure it works as it should. The diverted should be closed until the "bridge out" sign starts blinking right? Then the diverter should open? Or is it the other way around?

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

You can't accidentally plug them in wrong, they are keyed to prevent this. You had to do it intentionally.

Webdiddy, If you disagree with my comment, please share how I am incorrect? Maybe I have some real special molex connectors on my machine that no other RS has. Just looking to understand your thumb down.

- Rich

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Um... no.

It was a while ago. Maybe the boards were swapped? Definitely not intentional.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Webdiddy, If you disagree with my comment, please share how I am incorrect? Maybe I have some real special molex connectors on my machine that no other RS has. Just looking to understand your thumb down.
- Rich

I just thought it was unnecessary to point it out, maybe he did it on purpose and maybe not, does it really matter? Nobody likes a "know it all".

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Picked mine up for $2250. Needed Jaw motor for Ted, jaw gear for Ted and jaw gear for Red. Pop bumper cap cracked as well. Lots of cleaning needed too. I put in some led's in several spots to brighten up. Have $250 in parts, so I am back up to $2500 total.
Personally haven't seen very many cleaned up machines for less than $2750.
Post edited by alexanr1: Added pic

image.jpg 209 KB

How did the game turn out ? are you happy with it ? I finally found my son a Funhouse to put next to the RS, he is doing a restoration on it right now.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

A couple of days ago I got a error message about the upper right diverter, I tested it the menu (solenoid works as it should) and played a couple of games and the error disappeared.

Don't forget that an error message will pop up if a switch has not been hit for a while. Not sure what the number of games is, but I have had this happen. Testing will (I think) clear the error. Might be that nothing was ever really wrong.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

- Rich

You are right with the keys in the connectors but from what I have found a lot of routed games either have the connectors changed or something because the keys are gone. I buy the keys from great planes just to make sure I replace them if missing when doing a restore.

#84 10 years ago

You are right with the keys in the connectors but from what I have found a lot of routed games either have the connectors changed or something because the keys are gone. I buy the keys from great planes just to make sure I replace them if missing when doing a restore.

Now i am getting curious. Since i have massive pics I took during the teardown/rebuild.. i found these. Is this the area the two motors connect? First one is teardown, second pic during rebuild. Looks swapped to me and this was taken before i turned on the game for the first time.

rs teardown.jpgrs teardown.jpg
rs built.jpgrs built.jpg

#85 10 years ago

How did the game turn out ? are you happy with it ? I finally found my son a Funhouse to put next to the RS, he is doing a restoration on it right now.

I saw the thread. I have a 19 year old and a 16 year old and neither were interested in messing with the machines with me. Love to see your son involved. The roadshow has cleaned up well. It can't carry water to the one you did, but it looks 100% better than when I picked it up. I pulled the coin door off, sand blasted it and repainted it. It's amazing how a coin door makes such a difference.

Beyond a thorough cleaning and adding a few LED's, the majority if issues were with the jaw gears and a burnt jaw motor.

For one of the jaws, the previous owner put a screw in to connect the jaw to the linkage. When I was cleaning out the machine, I found the proper pin with snap rings. I know operators are all about getting a machine back up and running, but seeing hacks like this just irritates me.

I did use some locktite on a couple of screws on both Red and Ted. I think the shaker motor is vibrating some of them lose.

The lockdown bar your dad sent is awesome! I hate the repaired lockdown bars with holes in them and bolts.

I pulled the faces and thoroughly cleaned them both. Wife loves playing it, so I put them back on for now. Will probably get theme painted like your dad did.

Only other addition I am considering is painting the radio. It is SO bland.

Look forward to watching you and your Dad restore the Funhouse. We love our Funhouse as well. Great game.

-Rich

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I saw the thread. I have a 19 year old and a 16 year old and neither were interested in messing with the machines with me. Love to see your son involved. The roadshow has cleaned up well. It can't carry water to the one you did, but it looks 100% better than when I picked it up. I pulled the coin door off, sand blasted it and repainted it. It's amazing how a coin door makes such a difference.
Beyond a thorough cleaning and adding a few LED's, the majority if issues were with the jaw gears and a burnt jaw motor.
For one of the jaws, the previous owner put a screw in to connect the jaw to the linkage. When I was cleaning out the machine, I found the proper pin with snap rings. I know operators are all about getting a machine back up and running, but seeing hacks like this just irritates me.
I did use some locktite on a couple of screws on both Red and Ted. I think the shaker motor is vibrating some of them lose.
The lockdown bar you sent is awesome! I hate the repaired lockdown bars with holes in them and bolts.
I pulled the faces and thoroughly cleaned them both. Wife loves playing it, so I put them back on for now. Will probably get theme painted like you did.
Only other addition I am considering is painting the radio. It is SO bland.
Look forward to watching your son and his Funhouse. We love our Funhouse as well. Great game.
-Rich

Glad you like your Roadshow this is the third time my dad has had this game and he always loves it, and Thanks, I have a few pictures up now but I am ordering parts and cleaning everything up right now for the Funhouse

2 weeks later
#87 10 years ago

I bought a road show last weekend and have been busy tearing it down, fixing the heads and gears and cleaning it up. Its going to be really nice when I am done. The playfield is very nice. Anyway, after tearing down the playfield, I do not have a connector under the playfield that goes to the spotlite connector that goes on Teds face. Can somebody check and see what color wires are associated with the spotlite under the playfield. There is a set of 2 wires down there but they are just loose without a connector.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I bought a Road Show last weekend and have been busy tearing it down, fixing the heads and gears and cleaning it up. Its going to be really nice when I am done. The playfield is very nice. Anyway, after tearing down the playfield, I do not have a connector under the playfield that goes to the spotlite connector that goes on Teds face. Can somebody check and see what color wires are associated with the spotlite under the playfield. There is a set of 2 wires down there but they are just loose without a connector.

That connector is on the falling rocks wireform.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

That connector is on the falling rocks wireform.

Thanks, surprising I didnt notice the connector on the wireform. I still have to figure out where those 2 wires under the playfield go to. One is white with yellow stripe and the other is green with black stripe. None of the flashers work either so I am hoping this has something to do with it. Anybody know where those 2 wires lead to? They are near the top right side of the playfield but underneath.

#90 10 years ago

Any one else have the ball drain almost every time the bulldozer blade is hit? I have an issue with the ball going straight down the middle. I may need to level the play field, I have it a about a 6 1/2 degree tilt

#91 10 years ago

add me to the club..Just picked up a restored one over the weekend...Love this game!!!

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Any one else have the ball drain almost every time the bulldozer blade is hit?

It is a risky shot but you shouldn't lose more than 10% from the bulldozer blade. I do tend to skip the New York
mode and let the timer run out. Not enough points vs. risk there.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Any one else have the ball drain almost every time the bulldozer blade is hit? I have an issue with the ball going straight down the middle. I may need to level the play field, I have it a about a 6 1/2 degree tilt

It's a sucker shot...but shouldn't drain EVERY time. Maybe 1 in 10 will be sketchy.

#94 10 years ago

Thanks Apekop and Pimp77, I will have to avoid the taxi cab shots then

#95 10 years ago

It's important to clarify how you hit it. It's an enormous target, the size of three drops!

If I hit dead on the center of the three I'm very likely to drain SDTM. Hitting the left most one is more often forgiving, but the best shot for me is hitting the rightmost one from the left flipper such that the ball bounces toward the pops area. It rarely does feed into the pops, but often just hitting the post in that area is enough to prevent a SDTM drain.

Absolutely make sure you're level. No point in building up muscle memory for incorrect angles. Since I leveled my RS I find I miss everything, and Red is always easier to tell me so

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Thanks, surprising I didnt notice the connector on the wireform. I still have to figure out where those 2 wires under the playfield go to. One is white with yellow stripe and the other is green with black stripe. None of the flashers work either so I am hoping this has something to do with it. Anybody know where those 2 wires lead to? They are near the top right side of the playfield but underneath.

Anybody on this one?

#97 10 years ago

Mocean, LOL red tells me all the time " You missed everything" thanks Red for stating the obvious

Thanks for the tips, Ill have to give it a try. I also find that it is hard for me to hit the blast zone with the little flipper, may need to adjust as it seems weak when hitting the ball

#98 10 years ago

Owned RED & TED's Road Show for years. Great Pinball

#99 10 years ago

Love my Roadshow. It's not the perfect pinball game, but boy is it fun and full of character(s).

#100 10 years ago

So I was playing road show tonight and then during multiball the whole thing shorted out, DMD died, all lights nothing. still had sound but that is it. Turned off and on, came back up but DMD scrambled. Turned off and on again, everything came back on. Played another game but then same thing DMD became scrambled and then lights out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.