(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 82.
#801 7 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

If by optos you mean the eddy boards, the lights should be off, and only come on when they register the ball passing over. If the lights are on all the time you should hear the bulldozer constantly registering hits.
If you have a manual you can see the entire Ted head mechanism, the coils operating his eyelids are 12 and 13 in the sketch. If I remember correctly, coil 13 opens and closes his eyelids, and coil 12 holds them open for long periods of time so the coil doesn't always have to be "on".
On my RS Ted was a mess with broken wires to the coils, broken coil wires themselves and so on. Likely coil 13 is the culprit, but you'll have to take Ted out of the game to service him, and that involves removing a bunch of stuff to get him out.

Thanks for the info.. Okay got into Ted's head today and found out that one of the coil plunger had a plastic piece that was broken on it that attaches to the eyelid. So now I just need to find this part and order a new one.

#802 7 years ago

Just an FYI on a subtle detail on this game that gets missed, or often messed up as parts/leds get replaced....

The target colors, pop bumper covers, and city lights on the map all correspond to one another, so if you hit an orange target or the orange pop, it should light an orange city on the map. If you hit a yellow, it should change to a yellow city and so forth.

I have seen so many of the map lights get replaced with random colors, and am guilty of it myself on my table by changing the white pop bumper to blue.

Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks for the info.. Okay got into Ted's head today and found out that one of the coil plunger had a plastic piece that was broken on it that attaches to the eyelid. So now I just need to find this part and order a new one.

Order 2, red will need it eventually. And a pair of the centering flanges as most likely those will be missing.

With Ted being such a pain to get out, I would suggest replacing all the springs and plastic arms as well, its less than $3, and will save you from having to deal with them for a long time.

1 week later
#803 7 years ago

Started putting leds in my roadshow and noticed those extra lights in the back. They have bulbs in them but never light up. What is the point?

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Started putting leds in my roadshow and noticed those extra lights in the back. They have bulbs in them but never light up. What is the point?

What lights are you referring to?

#805 7 years ago

Those 6 domed lights in the very back.

20170207_185344 (resized).jpg20170207_185344 (resized).jpg

#806 7 years ago

Aren't those flashers?

I'd need to look when home

#807 7 years ago

Those are all flashers

#808 7 years ago

O. So if i go to the flashers test they should light? Ive never noticed them ever coming on

#809 7 years ago

Yes.

Make sure coin door interlock is pressed

#810 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Yes.
Make sure coin door interlock is pressed

Thats probably why it didnt work. Thanks.

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Guessing that they are all burnt out if you have never seen them flash.

#812 7 years ago

He may not have noticed if they only flash during game play. Do a flasher test on all of the flashers listed in the manual

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Guessing that they are all burnt out if you have never seen them flash.

Wow i suck lol. I just played a buch of games on rs and never bothered to check if the lights work. Now im laying in bed about to sleep so cant check now. Maybe someday ill remember.

#814 7 years ago

Very nice Road Show with color DMD and topper in Michigan...looking to trade...

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Very nice Road Show with color DMD and topper in Michigan...looking to trade...

Still wish you were a bit closer. I have that nice EATPM and a fairly decent TAXI still for trade. Coming anywhere near the Twin Cities or just somewhat close, LMK..........

#816 7 years ago

For the flashers in the back they only come on once in a while, during game play. Also I stuck with bulbs. LEDs to brite. Was like photo flash, to distracting.

#817 7 years ago

Hey just joined the club today and wife isn't going to let me play it if I can't figure out how to adjust the shaker or turn it off. I have looked through all the settings and don't see anything for it, can't find anything about adjusting it in the manual either. Any help?

#818 7 years ago

The shaker is adjustable if you have the latest ROM, L-6 I believe.

#819 7 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

The shaker is adjustable if you have the latest ROM, L-6 I believe.

thanks, you're right. i will need to get that ordered. i have never changed a rom before, how likely is it that i can hurt my game/board?

#820 7 years ago

Not a problem to replace, I just checked mine, yes L-6, Adjustments 2. Feature adjustments, number 25. the only thing you could screw up is bending the pins and starting over, can't hurt the machine and the wife will be happy.

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Not a problem to replace, I just checked mine, yes L-6, Adjustments 2. Feature adjustments, number 25. the only thing you could screw up is bending the pins and starting over, can't hurt the machine and the wife will be happy.

i have seen some people comment that the difference between the normal and soft setting for the shaker is not noticeable, would you agree? the setting it is on now is insane, the ones i have played on location are not this violent.

#822 7 years ago

There is a difference, the reason I changed/updated mine and one for a friend, they wouldn't make this an option if it was the same...or just disconnect it...

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

i have seen some people comment that the difference between the normal and soft setting for the shaker is not noticeable, would you agree? the setting it is on now is insane, the ones i have played on location are not this violent.

I would agree! I had to build a resistor circuit for mine to have any control over it. Even on "soft" the legs were jackhammering thru my floor while playing, not to mention vibrating the PF glass so violently that I couldn't hear the game sounds over it!!

#824 7 years ago

thanks for the input, i will order the rom now!

#825 7 years ago

It's still crazy on "soft". RS shakes like a mofo!! I bet you'll just have to unplug the shaker for your wife. Seriously. Shame, as it's awesome on the game.

#826 7 years ago

Pulling the shaker on an RS would be as bad as unplugging the speakers, IMHO.

#827 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

For the flashers in the back they only come on once in a while, during game play. Also I stuck with bulbs. LEDs to brite. Was like photo flash, to distracting.

I've got LEDs in mine, but put Blue ones under the white caps. Helped kill the "flashbulb" effect.

#828 7 years ago

What should I be expecting price wise for a very good condition Road show?

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

What should I be expecting price wise for a very good condition Road show?

At least $2500 I'd say.

#830 7 years ago

$2500 will get you one with quite a few issues. take a look at the current market, they range from $2500 - $4000 on pinside, the one at $2500 has a few issues to work through.

I would say $3000 for a 100% functional game, $3500 if the cabinet is nice and there isn't too much wear around the fish spot.
if it has a color DMD, LEDs, topper, mods, it would be worth $4000 IMO. I wish mine was that nice

#831 7 years ago

Have a very nice one listed (Color DMD, Topper) $3900 Michigan

#832 7 years ago

I may part with mine soon. Makeing room for dialed in. Not official yet but if anyone here is interested i was going to list it for 3500. Pm me if interested. No fish wear. Very good cab and shooter lane. Mostly leds

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I may part with mine soon. Makeing room for dialed in. Not official yet but if anyone here is interested i was going to list it for 3500. Pm me if interested. No fish wear. Very good cab and shooter lane. Mostly leds

If it's still there in about a month or so. I'd be happy to take it off your hands. About to start a new job

#834 7 years ago

if i want to install a colordmd, and my road show is 100% original, are any other parts necessary? new power supply or board or anything?

#835 7 years ago

if i want to install a colordmd, and my road show is 100% original, are any other parts necessary? new power supply or board or anything?

Just a USB to download the info for the roadshow color information. Otherwise no other parts needed.

#836 7 years ago

Yeah a color dmd swap is like 5 minutes, tops. and most of that is just threading the nuts and spacers on when you place the LCD.

Meanwhile, I need to get Ted's head out again as a wire to his eye coils broke again, and I need to replace the eyelets so his eyes center properly again. Thinking about streaming the whole process on twitch.

#837 7 years ago

What about LCD vs led, any input there?

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Yeah a color dmd swap is like 5 minutes, tops. and most of that is just threading the nuts and spacers on when you place the LCD.
Meanwhile, I need to get Ted's head out again as a wire to his eye coils broke again, and I need to replace the eyelets so his eyes center properly again. Thinking about streaming the whole process on twitch.

In the same boat here with Teds eyes. Just got the game back together too.

#840 7 years ago

What about LCD vs led, any input there?

LCD is the way to go. You can't do dotsXL or any other mode except the standard tiny dots with the LED. dotsXL is the way to go.

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I'll watch if not I'll watch the replay at a later time. If someone would make a complete guide on how to break this playfield down and common issues with Ted and red. I would definetly pay for it

#842 7 years ago

I am replacing the springs on the shooter rods for my Roadshow.
Currently the left spring is tighter than the right one - is that correct as it's probably not ideal having a high tension spring on the main shooter rod?

#843 7 years ago

Per the manual:
- B-12445-7 on the right side, white spring (medium/low spring) 10-148-7
- B-12445-4 on the left side, green spring (medium spring) 10-148-4

Ignore the first image, I don't know how to remove it from the message.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I am replacing the springs on the shooter rods for my Roadshow.
Currently the left spring is tighter than the right one - is that correct as it's probably not ideal having a high tension spring on the main shooter rod?

Yes thats how it should be. Only a light spring on the right. You should only need enough power to hit the skill shot or pop bumpers. The left one for flying rocks has a steep ramp to make it up.

Unless ted is looking at you wrong and you want to launch it at him and break the bulldozer

#845 7 years ago

Anyone know the specs for the screws to hold the radio to its bracket? Mine are totally missing and it seems like anything I have lying around don't work, can't seem to find them listed in the operations manual anywhere...

#846 7 years ago

All the machine screws in this game are either 6-32, or 8-32. I'm pretty sure those screws are 6-32.

#847 7 years ago

My daily high scores aren't resetting every day at midnight. Any ideas for why this would be? I confirmed the clock is correct, but I can't think of any other reason they won't reset.

#848 7 years ago

I'm sure it's not this easy, but did you remove your batteries and add a nvram to your MPU?

#849 7 years ago

I'm sorry I'm not sure what that is. I replaced the batteries and replaced the Rom chip with an L-6 from eBay back in May soon after I bought it. That's the extent of what I've replaced on any circuit boards.

#850 7 years ago

I was just playing and feel like I was about to have a seizure during west coast. Freaking super bright LED flashers just pulsing in a dark to bright pattern, I had to turn away. Lost my 2 extra balls really quickly after that. Freaking earth shaker. Highest score I've made since I got it 2 weeks ago though, 3 billion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.